May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 12.19 - 12.25

1235»

Re: Randoms and Questions 12.19 - 12.25

• Options
    We are pretty into classic cars ( DH bought me a 1954 Bel Air last year, and he always has something different) both as our hobby and work.  My car has ac up front but I was telling DH that I want to get a noogle for shows during the warmer months.  He just looked at me and said that the vents up front work fine, just put the baby up here with us
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options
    We are pretty into classic cars ( DH bought me a 1954 Bel Air last year, and he always has something different) both as our hobby and work.  My car has ac up front but I was telling DH that I want to get a noogle for shows during the warmer months.  He just looked at me and said that the vents up front work fine, just put the baby up here with us
    Hahaha! They're SO oblivious sometimes.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you planning to transport the kid in the classic car? You might to verify that you can install a new car seat in a classic car. I think they may not be compatible due to the way the seats of the car are attached to the frame.  I could be wrong though.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs I was live chatting with someone on their site earlier today. They do have the rumble seats available, but it doesn't look like they have adapters. I really don't want to buy another seat as we aren't really planning on putting both of them in seats, just the one seat and the car seat. I also was going to use the bassinet and stand as the baby's bed for a few weeks until we transition to the crib, but they also don't have stands anymore. 
  • Options
    Had my anatomy scan we have a girl! They found an echogenic white spot on her heart. They wanted to have us take the panorama test so now waiting for those results. Thankfully she's measuring normal though so little blessings. I'm just ready to stop having all these little scares
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of, or experienced in a previous pregnancy, an "amniotic band"?  I had my 20 week scan today and was told everything was fine at the doctor's office, but I just received a phone call a few minutes ago saying they had detected an amniotic band.  They are referring me to a perinatologist but my husband and I of course had to look it up on the internet in the meantime.
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 congrats on a baby girl!!! Hope everything turns out normal, you'll be be in my T&Ps. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @Yiggle09 congrats on a baby girl!!! Hope everything turns out normal, you'll be be in my T&Ps. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @Yiggle09, congrats! T&Ps that everything looks good with the test! 

@cmcookaln, I hadn't heard of it, but just looked it up. Did they give you any other details? When do you go back in? T&Ps for baby! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @KMD1106 the midwife just said on the message that she needed to discuss something with me that they had seen on the ultrasound but it wasn't anything life threatening.  She told me not to google because extreme cases would should how it could wrap around parts of the baby. She was going to tell the scheduling department to contact me about scheduling an appointment with the perinatologist, but she said that it would probably be after Christmas before I heard from them.
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot we actually have a retrofit seatbelt system that they sell now for that reason.  I knew that it wouldn't work in all cars so we worked backwards from the system to what cars we could basically choose from. It won't be our daily driver, but it was important for us to be able to include our kids in our hobby and work. 
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options
    I apologize right off the bat because this is a question that has been beaten to death but I'm struggling with the search function on mobile. 

I *think* I had my first RLP today... but I haven't paid much attention to everyone's descriptions. Basically I was getting up from the toilet and in my right groin/hip area I had a super sharp pain that only lasted a second but about took my breath away. That's RLP, right?
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 You could not be more spot on with the description! Yup, RLP at its finest

• Options
    Thanks @pshaortao. It's one of those things I've read about but it still kinda freaked me out at the time! 
  • Options
    We were rear ended tonight and it was startling but not super bad. I wish the office was open tmw or at least Monday so I could go in because I definitely don't think it is er worthy but would like reassurance. She was texting and vaping with a kid in her car. Dumb
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 How scary! I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay, but I would definitely want the reassurance that you are seeking. Do they have an after number hours number that you can call to see if they want you to go to the ER? 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 congratulations on a baby girl!

@jkp7749 scary! I'm glad it wasn't serious and everyone is okay.
  • Options
    @Yiggle09, congrats on a little girl, Do you think they will have you do a fetal echo? 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg my coworker asked me that. the mfm guy didn't say anything about it but my ob may decide next week when I see him he wants one. 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 congrats on a baby girl! If it makes you feel better, they also found an echogenic focus on my son's heart and sent us to MFM for an additional ultrasound. It ended up being nothing and he is perfectly healthy. That being said, I know exactly how you feel and I'm sorry you are going through that fear! Thinking about you and baby girl! 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 we ran into some issues with DS's heart where it had a murmur in one of the valves.  His heartbeat was always extremely inconsistent during my pregnancy though, and We already had a fetal echo scheduled because we did IVF.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    @Yiggle09. I'll be thinking of you!

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    Anyone else experiencing vaginal / pelvic floor pressure? I'm, STM, 20 + 3 days and have been feeling this intermittently for a couple of weeks now. Did a quick google search and found that for second + pregnancies, it's normal for pelvic floor bones and muscles not to retract back to its normal position after delivering which causes the baby to sit a bit lower. Makes sense, of course I forgot to mention it to my OB this past Monday at my routine appointment. I also read something about having an incompetent cervix?? Don't want to go too far down that path so I think I'll email my OB just to get it on her radar since my anatomy scan is Wednesday and I don't see her for another month. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @Jkp7749 Scary! And frustrating... You can always call OB triage at your hospital - they may suggest you come in for monitoring but it's quite variable. Hope everything is ok!

Speaking of triage, I got to enjoy my first (I'm guessing of more?) trip there for preterm contractions. Having a 22-wk belly tightening feels so different than a term one, but when there's a pattern, you don't mess around. I had ctx every 2-3 min for 2 hours before we went in and then after 1L of IV fluid, a couple of labs (urine, fetal fibronectin, white cell count) and 3 hours of monitoring ctx until they tapered off, we were reassured that I wouldn't have to be admitted. Oof. 24 weeks can't come soon enough. No more snowman-building for me in the heavy, wet snow we just got... And DH stopped at a gas station on our way home from triage and bought two 2L bottles of Gatorade :wink: Going to be way better about staying hydrated now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Is 17w5d too early for BH? I was lying in bed and suddenly felt something In my uterus area. I got excited because I thought maybe it was baby girl moving finally! But when I touched my belly, it was really hard and off to the right. Lasted maybe 20more sec. MAYBE that long. Now my bladder is VERY full and I'm probably at least moderately dehydrated as I had a really crappy day at work yesterday that involved lots of running around and not as much water as I'd like. I've been lying here about 10 min since and haven't felt anything else. 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 Definitely not too early. Dehydration, full bladder, irritated intestines, sitting in cars, etc etc can bring them on. As long as there's not a consistent pattern / bleeding / leaking fluid, not to worry. Uterus needs to warm up for the upcoming marathon. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    @mdlorenz thanks!! No matter how much I read/research/know I always get freaked out when it happens to me for the first time. Thanks for the validation of my crazy!!
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I have very regular BH that start very early in my pregnancies. The most common time I get them are while laying in bed with a full bladder. My dr said nothing to be concerned about unless regular as @mdlorenz point out. They also happen after DTD, which can seem super scary or when my uterus gets bumped (like when the dr is measuring me at an appt). I had them constantly with DD and had to be induced at almost 41 wks. This time around I told my dr that I'm hopeful it's my uterus' way of bodybuilding in prep for the big day. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Eek! I'm still doing last minute shopping! I work nights as a nurse so I had good intentions of getting more done this week but I was too tired and my back was hurting. But I have off now until the day after xmas so I'm going to enjoy as much as possible!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mdlorenz sorry you had that scare glad all has stopped ! Try to relax and enjoy holidays 

Thank you everyone I'm looking forward to talking to my ob this Thursday about all this...
  • Options
    BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
    edited December 2016
    oops wrong post  :D
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker