July 2017 Moms
Options

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

12345679»

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    Any other petite ladies have a suggestion of where to buy petite maternity clothes? I've exhausted the usual suspects (Loft, Old Navy, Destination Maternity) and am coming up short (no pun intended haha).
  • Options
    I think it was @rae1 who mentioned this and I have to agree 100% with her - I LOVE my H&M skinnies and now thinking about returning my destination maternity jeans - including the Citizens maternity jeans. I should've just started with H&M. bummer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad I got my h&m jeans early on aswell but I am looking for loose wide leg maternity pants and having such a hard time looking for them. I'm not feeling comfy in any form of skinny ATM. So if anyone sees any wide leg trousers (no jeans!) please let me know!! 

@oheliza44 I'm pretty sure ASOS has petite. 
  • Options
    Just got another StitchFix, and it's another winner!  The only thing I didn't really need was more camis, but TBH after looking through some of my camis...yes I did lol.
  • Options
    I just tried my first StitchFix and it was a total fail. I am only keeping the camis because they're reasonably priced with the styling fee discount. I got purple jeans and my husband's reaction was...are you going to start wearing a side ponytail too? Way too 80s for me. I also got a floral dress and floral patterns are NMS.

The quality of the clothes were good...prices a little high, but what I would expect if you paid full price at Ann Taylor (but who really pays full price?) 

I was really happy with my ASOS purchase though and had never heard of it until TB!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Creedon778 was this your first Stitch Fix box? I hated my first box but the styling got much better with subsequent boxes. Now I almost always keep most of the pieces because they have my sizing and style down. I'd suggest giving feedback and getting another if you are up for it. Disregard if you've done Stitch Fix before and this doesn't apply. 
  • Options
    @Cait32 omG yessss I just saw these yesterday!!!!!! I really wanted to buy them but started getting second thoughts ... So glad you brought them up! Are they comfy? Do they look nice? 
  • Options
    @Creedon778 sorry your box didn't appeal to you. Did you do the pinter estate board? I felt like that gave the stylist a good idea of me. I also put a lot of information in the note about what is looking for. That said, I love the purple jeans they sent, and wore them to work yesterday. 
  • Options
    @oheliza44 it was my first one. I thought I provided a lot of specifics on my style, but I imagine it's a process. If they were wiling to wave any fees I may be willing to do another round.

@chiquita928 I'm advanced maternal age which I think directly relates to my inability to pull off purple jeans. I envy those who can pull off cool stuff like this, but alas, I know my limits. I did not do the pinter estate board, but I did rate various types of styles and looks - is that something different? In her defense I did ask for more color in my wardrobe as I mostly wear black and navy, but purple jeans wasn't what I had in mind. :) I did let them know that I thought overall the quality was good and the sizes were pretty accurate. But if I'm going to pay full retail price for something, I need to love it.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • Options
    @Creedon778 My interpretation is that "pinter estate" is auto-correct for "pinterest." 
  • Options
    @mamadcb....got it! No I don't Pinterest so I don't have that.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    @Creedon778 I recently did my first StitchFix too and was disappointed.  I asked for work appropriate pants and dresses and was sent a pair of denim skinny jeans and a pair of black jeans.  I'm AMA age too, so maybe I don't get that jeans are now appropriate for work?  Not at mine.  I did get one dress that was OK but was too bodycon for me.  I kept one flowy top just b/c of the styling fee.  I have friends (non-pregnant ones) that LOVE StitchFix though, so I think I'll give it at least one more shot.
  • Options
    @Creedon778 and @CPR79 I'd ask them to waive the styling fee, rate and give feedback and get a second box. Like I said my first box was a bust but they got much much better. Good luck! 
  • Options
    @Creedon778 @mamadcb Yes "pinter estate" was supposed to be pinterest. My ongoing battle with autocorrect.... I really found it worthwhile. I don't use pinterest for much, but I would recommend it. I also was crazy specific in my notes about level of formality, what I was comfortable wearing, and what I was hoping to get. It's either that, or "stitch fix style" is actually my style. I can wear colored jeans to work (high school), and we don't have to do business attire, so that most likely is why it works well for me.  Also, I'm 32 and "obese," so not an age thing, but maybe a style preference for sure re: purple jeans. Regardless, I hope you get what you need.
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity is having a sale on their jeans (not the jessica simpson ones, the other brand, cant think of the name) for $20 and tshirt dresses for $20 too. I think they also have a legging sale, Im just not a legging person. Anyways I got a fantastic pair of maternity jeans that actually fit and a black dress that will be perfect for just about everything. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Yes! The MM leggings are a good price (15), and so so comfortable. I just ordered another pair. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    Jojomamanbebe has great Maternity pants! Wide leg! 
    https://www.jojomamanbebe.com/wide-leg-maternity-tailored-pants-a9947.html

also they have maternity overalls 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    Jojomamanbebe has great Maternity pants! Wide leg! 
    https://www.jojomamanbebe.com/wide-leg-maternity-tailored-pants-a9947.html

also they have maternity overalls 
    Now I know where to get those maternity overalls I've been needing since the early 90s! 

Full disclosure - totally wore some overalls last weekend when I found them in a closet I was cleaning out! They're awesome for painting!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Found a suggestion on another board, that I wanted to endorse here - Belevation brand shapewear. They have good support overall and a stretchier spot for your belly, kinda like the Spanx ones, but I think these seem more durable. The stretchy spot helps round me out, so I look more "d-shaped" than just fat (I'm usually a size 16/xl), and the support overall has helped my back. Check the size chart and size down if you are on the border. I have both the band and shorts and wear them most days; they also make a support brief. Available on their own website or Amazon, and about the same price as the Target or Motherhood ones. 
  • Options
    Thanks to targeted fb ads I just discovered momstheword.com. It's on the more expensive side but I really love some of their dresses and tops.

10% off by joining their mailing list and they have some good sale/clearance deals as well (but no returns for those).

Thought I'd share!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017