July 2017 Moms
Options

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    fancy22 said:
    I hate paying full price for anything, especially maternity clothes that are up charged!

FYI - Target is having a 25% off President's Day sale that includes maternity clothes. Their basic tanks and t-shirts are buy 1 get 1 50% off (and you can apply the additional 25% off on top of that). If you have their red card, that's another 5% off.

If you're buying maternity clothes or any clothes from H&M, this website always has discounted gift cards! I've seen discounts as high as 40% off. Right now they have mostly ~20% off gift cards. https://www.raise.com/buy-h-m-gift-cards
    I always use raise for everything!! I got cards for Motherhood Maternity when I bought from there last weekend for 20% off! It's great because since it's just a gift card, you can still use any other coupons/discounts on top of that!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I'm so sorry I just saw this! It's a maxi with a sash that you can take off! I had the same dress in 3 different designs and they were my go to dresses all summer long!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited February 2017
    I might be getting this so I can inspire myself to work out again... Baby Belly Band - Sport Pregnancy & Maternity Belt - For Abdominal, Hip, & Back Support - Small (Up to 39" Waist) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014AF6UP4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pTYQybZZTN2B5
    That looks like exactly what I need, but DAMN, $50?!

edited bc you know...
  • Options
    I might be getting this so I can inspire myself to work out again... Baby Belly Band - Sport Pregnancy & Maternity Belt - For Abdominal, Hip, & Back Support - Small (Up to 39" Waist) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014AF6UP4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pTYQybZZTN2B5
    That looks like exactly what I need, but DAMN, $50?!

edited bc you know...
    I know. I know. But if I get a freaking $50 maternity belt I will absolutely feel like I need to use it, right?? 
  • Options
    Okay this might not be everyone's cup of tea but I just found this site and oh man, i love this stuff! They're having a 40% sale but I just bought a pair of h&m jeans so I'm holding off on buying some pants on hatch but I just got a cute drapey dress that I'd wear even if I wasn't pregnant (justifying the price here) 

https://www.hatchcollection.com/
  • Options
    @Rae1 Sounds like we had similar shopping weekends. I did a couple pink blush dresses and H&M jeans as well. Loving the fit and style on the jeans. 

• Options
    I bought ON maternity pixie pants with the side panel and MAN do they stretch. I'm sure they'll be easier to keep up once I have more of a bump (I hope?) but right now I'm regretting not wearing a belt with them.

Has anyone bought bathing suits from Motherhood? There's a polka-dot one I'm currently crushing on and my MIL gave me a gift card, but I don't know how it will fit and don't think they carry them in stores.
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I'm so sorry I just saw this! It's a maxi with a sash that you can take off! I had the same dress in 3 different designs and they were my go to dresses all summer long!
    @karissa0307 you are totally fine! No worries, I do that a lot because mobile bumping isn't always reliable! Lol Thank you for the update! I'm going to order one soon. Can't wait. 
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I bought MM bathing suits last pregnancy, and I still wear them 4 years later - they're actually my favorite ones.  I bought 2 tankinis, and the size I was normally wearing at the time was correct.  It's been 4 years, so they are a little tired now, but I will probably go back to them for more.
  • Options
    Maternity swimwear? I use wear my bikini, bc hello, it's just a belly. I don't like my belly so much this time around, so I want a tankini style and I've never bought maternity swimsuits before.
  • Options
    I will need a comfy swimsuit for sure, it's definitely not "just a belly" for me! 
  • Options
    MrsLa3 said:
    Maternity swimwear? I use wear my bikini, bc hello, it's just a belly. I don't like my belly so much this time around, so I want a tankini style and I've never bought maternity swimsuits before.
    I just bought a tankini at MM for $40 (top and bottom). I loved the two I got from them last time, and have worn them since.  You can't really tell they're maternity unless you have a belly.  They lasted 4 full summers, and probably have a few more in them.  Unfortunatelt, they are hard to get on sale anywhere, and they sell out faat.  Supply and demand...
  • Options
    I've always gotten maternity swimsuits from old navy... But they only have like 2 per year usually, so no variety!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    nikkiandchrisnikkiandchris member
    edited February 2017
    Love my MM tankini tops, I just pair with the bottoms I already have (because I've always had thighs and behind for days and they stretch lol). I just got a Liz Lange top I love from target. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MM is 25% off today so I ordered one of these tankini suits that you're raving about. Thanks @chiquita928 and @nikkiandchris. They have a maternity pool class at my gym that I want to check out and wanted to get a proper suit to go.
  • Options
    I got a super cute navy polka dot one-piece at MM for $40. Already excited for swimsuit season!
  • Options
    I may need to check out the tankini's on MM now! I have a trip planned to Palm Springs next month and I plan to live in the pool then. 
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I got the hibiscus print. I love the polka dot one but I have black bottoms and don't see a point in buying maternity bottoms. I just want something to cover my belly. I paid $30 plus shipping, it betterrifies get here quick. The pool is calling my name and I need to get my kids out of the house.
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 Mine is a one-piece, so no bottoms needed, lol. I have some time before pool/beach season (I'm in Boston) but I know I'll need some dips in the ocean once the temperature rises.
  • Options
    @carol113 Thanks for the tip!  i just got two maternity swimsuits.  I also took advantage of the extra 40% off sale prices to get some nursing bras.
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 Mine is a one-piece, so no bottoms needed, lol. I have some time before pool/beach season (I'm in Boston) but I know I'll need some dips in the ocean once the temperature rises.
    Today it's 82, and only getting hotter through the week. We had a 3 day winter last month. It's hot, I need water in my life. 
  • Options
    Can we talk shoes? It occurred to me that the cute dressy ballet flats that I usually wear to work on the spring and summer are not going to be supportive enough this year. Anyone have recommendations for shoes with good arch support and good soles that are still somewhat professional and would look decent with a skirt or dress pants?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @GreenBean I have actually found a lot of cute loafers (would have never thought of that style before) which I wear with pants, skirts and dresses. Nordstrom has a ton. I wasn't pleasantly surprised with Kristen Cavalleri's ( sp?) loafers! They are very comfortable and supportive and super cute. I've gotten three different colors! 
  • Options
    @acstec1 Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to look at loafers. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @greenbean I didn't either! And then I saw them in the store and they were so cute!
  • Options
    I second loafers. I have a great pair of Sperrys that I've already started using as a walking and work shoe.
  • Options
    Can someone please link a pair of "cute" loafers because I just can't picture it...lol. I just keep thinking of my grandma's shoes.
  • Options
    karissa0307karissa0307 member
    edited March 2017
    @chiquita928 lol I was going to ask the same thing. I have pretty big feet for being petite so I feel like most shoes make me look like I have clown feet
  • Options
    LOVE this from ASOS!
     LOVE this from ASOS!
    https://us.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7254269

i have the big foot issue too, which is why I usually wear something with an elevated platform or heel 

I've ordered these two lets see how they are @chiquita928
    @karissa0307
  • Options
    @busyzee those gold shoes are cute. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for introducing me to Asos @BusyZee :s I just added $200 worth of shoes to my cart and now I'm torn.   :D

ETA tagged you twice on accident

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I regularly (2x/mo) buy $150-$300 in stuff off Asos and end up returning about half of it (we go to a lot of weddings and bs formal or semi formal work events sooooooo sue me?)  I've just switched to maternity instead. Some of the stuff is pretty decent I think and I love free returns obviously. I've never gotten shoes from there for some reason but it's a great idea!
  • Options
    Asos has so many good things in the maternity sale right now. I just ordered 4 dresses for $80 to try on for a wedding in April. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 my app is showing no sale! Is there some coupon code ?
  • Options
    @BusyZee I only use the online site but it's under the outlet section of maternity
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Also, you can save another 2-2.5% (sometimes more) if you first click on the ASOS link, MM link, GAP maternity link, etc through ebates. If you're new to ebates you can also get $10 when you sign up with the link below:

https://www.ebates.com/r/SHANNO12982?eeid=28187

I've gotten refund checks for about $200 just by going here first for stuff I'm already going to buy (clothes, shutterfly books, etc.).
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also do ebates which my husband laughed at until we started getting $50 checks in the mail. Still not sure where the money comes from (and what happens if you return that stuff?) but I'm gonna leave that to the internet gods. 
  • Options
    Motherhood is doing buy one dress, get one half off today for their spring/summer stuff.