July 2017 Moms
Options

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    Lol @caribbeanmama I stopped nursing DD about 5 days before I got pregnant and my boobs have looked deflated ever since!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had never looked at Pea in the Pod, so I just went to their "sale" section and saw the original price of a normal-looking blouse was $230, so I NOPED all over that and closed the window! What the heck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot I booked a stitch fix for this week and when the items came I looked at all the shirts and thought....yeah this shit won't fit. Even though I can't wear maternity clothes yet things just fit me weird. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish yeh that's too much for a maternity top in my book too.  Work dresses are hard to find so am willing to spend a little more on something that I will end up wearing several times a month if it fits well.  

@dancegurl1118 is this your first shipment of maternity clothes from them?  I just joined and am anxious to see what they come up with.  If you don't like any of the items, do they send you a re-do box or do you have to wait for the next month?

• Options
    @caribbeanmama no it was a regular shipment. I booked it in late November before things started to get real with my blump, hence the dismay that everything looks funny  :D
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama Stitchfix send you the packaging to send back any returns. I get my maternity box next week- so excited to see what they sent!

I did some shopping online and took advantage of the tank top deal @Cait32 mentioned. I managed to get two pairs of leggings, three work dresses and two tops for $90. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish i had the same sticker shock when I first went to their site. But I only bought stuff from the sale section when it was an additional 50% off so the tops and dresses I bought were like $40-50 each.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish i had the same sticker shock when I first went to their site. But I only bought stuff from the sale section when it was an additional 50% off so the tops and dresses I bought were like $40-50 each.
    Same - final price was $30-$50 on average.

@oheliza44 crap! I forgot about the tank top deal!
  • Options
    This dress was only $12 from Motherhood Maternity, I can't wait for beach days this Spring/Summer! 
  • Options
    @mrscate88 those dresses like great. I especially love the second one!
  • Options
    Very cute @mrscate88 both dresses look great on you!
  • Options
    Decided to give Stitchfix a try. First box was a total success. I got a couple of pairs of some of the most comfortable and good looking pants I've ever owned. And the shirts were super cute! Win!
  • Options
    @mrscate88 (and any other tall women on here) - do you normally wear pants with longer inseams, and if so, have you been able to find any long maternity pants?  I'm 5'10", 33-34 inch inseam, and judging by what I'm finding online, I feel like I'm the first tall woman to ever get pregnant.  I've found some jeans with longer inseams, but I'm having trouble finding pants appropriate for work (just basic black dress pants would be amazing).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Decided to give Stitchfix a try. First box was a total success. I got a couple of pairs of some of the most comfortable and good looking pants I've ever owned. And the shirts were super cute! Win!
    Your post got me all excited again for my delivery!  I just joined too.  What brand were the pants you got?  Are they work appropriate? (Professional stuffy/conservative)
  • Options
    mrscate88 said:
    First time attempting a photo upload, hope you can see! This is one of the dresses I got from Motherhood Maternity for $25, I'Il post the other one too. I'm 5'8" with a 38D bust and the Large fits perfect, with lots of belly room to grow into. 
    This dress looks great on you @mrscate88
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    For Boston-area folks there is a Motherhood Maternity OUTLET at Assembley Square!
  • Options
    My toddler will be in a wedding when I'm 36 weeks along....already trying to mentally find something to wear! Haha I want long, floor length and flowy. But not a heavy dress since it will be HOT. And I want to be more dressed up than a maxi from target. This should be fun. Haha
  • Options
    If I'm a small in regular clothes, would I be a small in maternity? Or do I go up a size?
  • Options
    @sdang1 yes, you would buy your prepregnancy size so you would buy a small. Check the sizing guide first though. They will usually give tell you what size number range the small corresponds to. 
  • Options
    Your post got me all excited again for my delivery!  I just joined too.  What brand were the pants you got?  Are they work appropriate? (Professional stuffy/conservative)
    I put in my note that the school where I work doesn't require business casual, and that I would like jeans, too.  I basically described what I was hoping for ("dressy" leggings and long shirts). The pants are both from a brand I'd never heard of, "Liverpool Jeans Company," but they are really good quality. They are seriously perfect.  Neither the jeans nor the pants have a button/zipper, so they feel like wearing the most comfortable pants ever.  The shirts are super soft and I love them. I also got a necklace pair that is really pretty.  It was a total win for me.
  • Options
    sdang1 said:
    If I'm a small in regular clothes, would I be a small in maternity? Or do I go up a size?
    Usually they say that you will be the same size.  A lot of women gain more weight than just the baby bump, too, so they end up sizing up.  I personally did not last time (I gained all the weight afterwards from eating like a horse while nursing...and then non-baby stress.)
  • Options
    sdang1 said:
    Usually they say that you will be the same size.  A lot of women gain more weight than just the baby bump, too, so they end up sizing up.  I personally did not last time (I gained all the weight afterwards from eating like a horse while nursing...and then non-baby stress.)
    Even when I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy, I was still in my same size (Medium).
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Xath said:
    sdang1 said:
    Even when I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy, I was still in my same size (Medium).
    Yeah, I guess it just depends on how you gain the weight.
  • Options
    GreenBean said:
    @mrscate88 (and any other tall women on here) - do you normally wear pants with longer inseams, and if so, have you been able to find any long maternity pants?  I'm 5'10", 33-34 inch inseam, and judging by what I'm finding online, I feel like I'm the first tall woman to ever get pregnant.  I've found some jeans with longer inseams, but I'm having trouble finding pants appropriate for work (just basic black dress pants would be amazing).
    I buy jeans in store only so that I can try them on. I honestly don't know the inseam measurement, I just hold them up to my waist and if they seem close to my size, I try them on. Sorry I'm no help there! But for what it's worth, most Medium sized maternity jeans fit my giraffe legs pretty well. 
  • Options

sdang1 said:
    Most maternity stores measure by your pre-pregnancy size, but if you're buying online, check size charts. I'm L in most tops, medium 10 in most bottoms, and so far the few maternity outfits that I have gotten fit perfectly. 
  • Options
    H&M has a lot of maternity jeans on sale right now. I feel you spend $40+ it's free shipping with the code 0040. 
  • Options
    acstec1 said:
    H&M has a lot of maternity jeans on sale right now. I feel you spend $40+ it's free shipping with the code 0040. 
    Thanks for posting this!  I like H&M but there isn't one near me - I will take a look at the online site.  Hope they have a good return policy.

@chiquita928 thanks for the info! 
  • Options
    @GreenBean I'm 6'0 and usually need a 36 inch inseam. Old navy and GAP carry long inseam pants. They're the only brand besides the stitchfix Liverpool brand that have maternity pants! I went to try on Motherhood pants and not a single one went past my mid calf..insane!

@chiquita928 a earlier stitchfix sent me a pair of Liverpool jeggings and I basically live in them now. So comfy!l And I'm sure I can roll the band down as my belly gets bigger. Can't wait for my first Maternity fix in 2 weeks! Glad yours worked out. 
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama I would say their stuff runs true to size to slightly small. I usually take a 26 in jeans and I take a 4 at H&M. Hope that helps a little! 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    acstec1 said:
    @caribbeanmama I would say their stuff runs true to size to slightly small. I usually take a 26 in jeans and I take a 4 at H&M. Hope that helps a little! 
    Thanks!  I normally hit up the one at Misson Valley Mall when I visit San Diego in the spring.  Last time I was pregnant I got a couple really nice cardigans from there that were actually semi structured and fashionable.  I completely forgot about them!

On edit: words
  • Options
    @GreenBean I'm 6'0 and usually need a 36 inch inseam. Old navy and GAP carry long inseam pants. They're the only brand besides the stitchfix Liverpool brand that have maternity pants! I went to try on Motherhood pants and not a single one went past my mid calf...insane
    Thanks! I'll take a look! 

Also, you all are making me very tempted to try stitchfix. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118  It's probably the same pair.  I need one in every wash!
  • Options
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Any suggestions on places online to try for plus size maternity? I went to target, macys, khols, tjmaxx, old navy & jcp. Each had 1 maybe 2 racks total. I found 3 sets of work pants and 1 pair of jeans, and I still have my Capri pants and dresses from dd. So I think I'm doing ok. What I do have is good tops. I don't look great in the ones with elastic on the sides and my prepregnancy tops aren't long enough to cover the full panel. I used to wear high waisted pants and with my curent bloat, I'm incapable of sucking it in. I really need some good work shirts or sweaters. Any help?
  • Options
    Any suggestions on places online to try for plus size maternity? I went to target, macys, khols, tjmaxx, old navy & jcp. Each had 1 maybe 2 racks total. I found 3 sets of work pants and 1 pair of jeans, and I still have my Capri pants and dresses from dd. So I think I'm doing ok. What I do have is good tops. I don't look great in the ones with elastic on the sides and my prepregnancy tops aren't long enough to cover the full panel. I used to wear high waisted pants and with my curent bloat, I'm incapable of sucking it in. I really need some good work shirts or sweaters. Any help?
    Do you have a Burlington near you? I bought some plus size tops / maternity clothes from there and love them! 
  • Options
    **lurker from August 17**

I just bought some awesomely cheap leggings & dresses on Motherhood Maternity online. Clearance + take an extra 40% off! This is my fourth child, so I may or may not live in maternity leggings. ;) 

• Options
    @kerils I am petite as well and have an aweful time buying "grown up" clothes. I had the best luck with H&M they tend to be more slender in the butt and theigs. Motherhood pants never fit, I have a few from  Old Navy that are okay once I get to the very end. I also bought some super cheap t-shirt dresses non maternity from H&M that went from dresses in 1st and 2nd trimester to t-shirts in the 3rd. Good luck!
  • Options
    Pink blush is having an awesome sale its take 50% off clearance. Fantastic prices. 
  • Options
    akbride09akbride09 member
    edited January 2017
    For anyone else that likes wide leg pants (they're average, not bell bottom wide) JC Penney's duo maternity career pants are great for work. I bought 2 pairs - they're so comfy and I can tell they'll grow with me. I'm 5'6" and they're perfect length w/boots or low heels. 
    Edited to delete huge pic