July 2017 Moms
Options

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    Any suggestions on places online to try for plus size maternity? I went to target, macys, khols, tjmaxx, old navy & jcp. Each had 1 maybe 2 racks total. I found 3 sets of work pants and 1 pair of jeans, and I still have my Capri pants and dresses from dd. So I think I'm doing ok. What I do have is good tops. I don't look great in the ones with elastic on the sides and my prepregnancy tops aren't long enough to cover the full panel. I used to wear high waisted pants and with my curent bloat, I'm incapable of sucking it in. I really need some good work shirts or sweaters. Any help?
    I did manage to get a few good pieces on sale at motherhood.com. I got some work pants online from jcp but the sizing was kinda wonky for me. Also I hear pinkblush maternity has good plus sized clothes but to me it can be a little pricey, plus their plus sized leggings did not fit me (pre-pregnancy size 18 with no weight gain so far- granted I do have a fair-sized booty) which made me really sad. i heard old navy has a pretty good online plus size section too
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    So I got my first fix from stitch fix yesterday and I was a little disappointed..wah wah.  They sent 2 accessories out of 5 items- I need clothes!  Like I'm practically going to have to go naked soon.  I went through 5 pants this morning (they didn't fit) before I just put on the 1 pair of suit maternity pants that I already wore 3 times this week.  

The items were all all pretty bland - to be fair it probably is just a reflection of the settings I chose in setting up my profile.  I do like the one dress they sent but I don't want to pay the styling fee for just one item lol!  So I'm trying to convince myself to keep the other 4 items.  Decisions decisions...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama mine is on its way but I was able to see what's inside and I'm really disappointed. I said I needed pants and there is one pair in the box. And the rest are plain t shirts for $50 each. Two are the exact same in different colors. Nope. Guess I'm done because this is the second box in a row that is crap. I was so excited for it too!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama mine is on its way but I was able to see what's inside and I'm really disappointed. I said I needed pants and there is one pair in the box. And the rest are plain t shirts for $50 each. Two are the exact same in different colors. Nope. Guess I'm done because this is the second box in a row that is crap. I was so excited for it too!
    Oh no!  $50 tshirts sounds like a bust!  Did you update your preferences after the first box?  I wonder how many iterations the other ladies went through before they felt like the stylist got it right?  I also wonder if this is a little like online dating - you have to be strategic in how you set up your profile else you won't get the 'right' kind of matches.
  • Options
    I mean I didn't think I could be more specific telling them I wanted this box to focus on pants  :D

theyre not even maternity pants. They're a brand of jeggings they offer that have an elastic waist band, which will not work for me in third trimester. 

I'm being salty because I'm so disappointed!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I mean I didn't think I could be more specific telling them I wanted this box to focus on pants  :D

theyre not even maternity pants. They're a brand of jeggings they offer that have an elastic waist band, which will not work for me in third trimester. 

I'm being salty because I'm so disappointed!
    That sucks!  I feel like if you don't like any of the items they should send a replacement box that same week lol.
  • Options
    Any suggestions on places online to try for plus size maternity? I went to target, macys, khols, tjmaxx, old navy & jcp. Each had 1 maybe 2 racks total. I found 3 sets of work pants and 1 pair of jeans, and I still have my Capri pants and dresses from dd. So I think I'm doing ok. What I do have is good tops. I don't look great in the ones with elastic on the sides and my prepregnancy tops aren't long enough to cover the full panel. I used to wear high waisted pants and with my curent bloat, I'm incapable of sucking it in. I really need some good work shirts or sweaters. Any help?
    I went to Motherhood Maternity today and they have a decent plus-sized collection. Plus, almost everything in the store is discounted. I found 2 pairs of work pants and 3 tops. Most were 50-75% off. I think that'll end up being my go-to, for pants at least. I'll probably go to Ross or a similar discount clothing store to find some tunics to wear with leggings and also to look at dresses for the spring/summer.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 and @caribbeanmama is this your first Stitchfix shipment? I've been getting boxes for a year and the first one or two weren't great. I think the more feedback you give them the more specific to your tastes they get. Also, make sure to tell them what type of clothes you need. I have it set to send me casual clothes because most of my wardrobe is business attire. Ever since the first box or two I've loved just about everything they sent me and kept a few pieces from each box. I got my first maternity box last week and kept everything. 
  • Options
    @oheliza44 no, probably my tenth. But my first maternity one. I was super specific with the note to my stylist. Honestly everything is heinous. I asked for mostly pants and form fitting tops and they're flowy non-maternity tops and one pair of ugly pants. Oh well...I'd rather lose the $20 styling fee than pay an extra $60 for a pair of pants I don't like. 
  • Options
    oheliza44 said:
    @dancegurl1118 and @caribbeanmama is this your first Stitchfix shipment? I've been getting boxes for a year and the first one or two weren't great. I think the more feedback you give them the more specific to your tastes they get. Also, make sure to tell them what type of clothes you need. I have it set to send me casual clothes because most of my wardrobe is business attire. Ever since the first box or two I've loved just about everything they sent me and kept a few pieces from each box. I got my first maternity box last week and kept everything. 
    Yes it was my first box (it was the second for @dancegurl1118).  That's exactly what I'm trying to decide - if I should just hang in there and see how the iterations go. 
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 yikes! Sorry it was such a disappointment- that really stinks. Maybe it is worth contacting them to see if they will refund the styling fee? Since you've been a loyal customer they should do that at least, especially if you didn't get the items you requested.

@caribbeanmama totally understandable. I went through the same thought process with my intial shipment but ultimately I'm glad I stuck with it. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 That's ridiculous.  You should send feedback to the StitchFix office and request a different stylist (who actually reads your profile).  For you and @caribbeanmama you can edit your style profile to say no accessories; I never get them in my boxes.  

I've seen good resolutions from their customer service department (like waiving the fee for a follow-on box).  If you sent a request and they completely ignored it, that'd be a good reason for a CS complaint.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Xath said:
    @dancegurl1118 That's ridiculous.  You should send feedback to the StitchFix office and request a different stylist (who actually reads your profile).  For you and @caribbeanmama you can edit your style profile to say no accessories; I never get them in my boxes.  

I've seen good resolutions from their customer service department (like waiving the fee for a follow-on box).  If you sent a request and they completely ignored it, that'd be a good reason for a CS complaint.  

@Xath So funny we must have been typing at the same time.  I was just commenting on your nursery stuff in June!  Thanks for the tips!  I am going to work on my profile tonight.  Funny thing is the necklace was cute - I just wasn't expecting it nor do I need it.

@dancegurl1118 I misread and thought it was your second box but I see now it was the second one in a row you were disappointed in.  Sorry!
  • Options
    For those that like mail order/stitch fix, someone suggested I think le tote to me for pregnancy. I haven't done it.
    I just did a bunch of maternity stuff from GAP/ OLD NAVY. The full price was 40% for the most part so trying their black pants ($23 off) and some old navy dresses (got as cheap as 16) if anyone else was thinking gap.  They are out of a lot. I also ordered maternity underwear but some had pics of not-maternity people, so we will have to see what I get (or need to return).
  • Options
    theweeveetheweevee member
    edited January 2017
    I went to two "high end" maternity stores near me in search of potential work clothes.  I walked out with two pairs of yoga pants and some tank tops.  Fail.  

The fabric is all wrong for my work place.  There were theory suit separates, but I haven't wore pants to work in years.  (I'm a bit curvy for my size and work pants just emphasize that).  Trying seraphine's dresses next.  Anyone have luck with that brand?  It sucks having to look fancy (read: expensive) for work.
  • Options
    I think I'm more bloated than anything, but my bump seems to be starting. I purchased two types of maternity jeans from Old Navy and they are the most comfortable jeans I currently own. I got my first maternity bra (amazing how fast I'm outgrowing mine already!) from Destination Maternity (they were having a bra sale). DH took me to Target yesterday because I was bored at home and we saw they had a 70% clearance on some Liz Lange sweaters! I bought one just because you can't beat $7 for a sweater!

Non-maternity stuff I still fit into are my Old Navy pixie-cut pants (surprisingly) and my work blouses/sweaters. Regular T-shirts are starting to fail me now haha.

• Options
    TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited January 2017
    @theweevee I have to dress up for work too. I bought a bunch of dresses.  I do wear dress pants a lot and I plan on wearing a belly band when I can't zip them up anymore. I wear a lot of sheath dresses that don't hide my blump well at all. 

I got several items including a bunch of dresses, black leggings and one pair of dress pants. from Destination Maternity (which is having another 50% off sale prices online and in stores as of yesterday). I also got some loose flowy tops from Banana Republic. I ordered elastic waist dress pants from Uniqlo but those won't work past second trimester. I just got them on sale. 
  • Options
    @twinkiedoll I was going to head to a destination maternity today!  Thanks for the sale heads up!
  • Options
    @theweevee I bought some seraphine dresses and was happy with the quality. I need work pants and have been disappointed with just about everything. I need navy and everything is black, charcoal or grey!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrscate88 said:
    I went to Burlington today and they didn't have a maternity section, but the Junior Plus section had SO MUCH cute stuff! I got a few chunky sweaters and lots of cute tshirts and tank tops that I can grow into my whole pregnancy (until summer of course). If you have a Burlington, get over there and grab some staples. 
    I'm not sure if you know this, but Burlington doesn't keep the maternity stuff with the rest of the clothes. Their maternity section is always in the baby depot.
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy I wonder if that's why I couldn't find it when I went. They had two clearance racks of maternity, but nothing else. Either that or it's like every other mf'ing store in this area and doesn't carry.

Side note: Any mamas in Binghamton, NY, Allentown, PA, Stroudsburg, PA, or the Philly area with suggestions on where to buy maternity? I guess if Philly is on the table so is Syracuse. I'm centrally located to all of them. I'm not trying to be a creepy stalker, I'm just trying to decide where is the best place to make the drive when I finally go maternity clothes shopping. Also, if it matters, I prefer cheaper stores (Ross, Burlington, Old Navy, Pennys) to stores like Maternity Motherhood. Not a huge fan of spending a ton of money on clothes period, let alone on maternity clothes that I'm only going to wear a handful of times in my life. Also, do not need fancy work clothes, mostly looking for t-shirts, comfy pants, maybe a jean or two, and maybe some nice dresses. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @kerils You're not in Binghamton, are you? My in-laws are there, and that's where I got married!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited January 2017
    @kerils  Perhaps you will find some deals during the extra 50% off clearance sale at Motherhood Maternity right now?  I got some cute stuff last month that were all $10-15 a piece.
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Lol no, about an hour to an hour and a half away, depending on where you go in the area. 

@Twinkiedoll That's not so bad, maybe I could find some stuff. Thanks for the heads up! They only have a small store where I am though, it's a little outlet strip mall kind of store, super tiny. Maybe all of their stores are that size though, I have no idea. It's also just about the only store actually in my area that has maternity. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @kerils my ILs are in Syracuse and I think there's a target there! Not sure if there is one closer to you.

i just ordered some stuff from pea in the pod. I agree they're pricey but there's a good sale going on right now if anyone's interested. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 I have two targets actually, they just dont stock much in the way of maternity. there were two racks 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @kerils Happy shopping!  I did my shopping online since there are no stores near me.  Maybe you'll get a better selection that way.  If you go to Destination Maternity, you can shop both Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in a Pod in one place (easier to meet the free shipping minimum).  I actually liked the Motherhood Maternity stuff a lot more.  The fact that it was so much cheaper was an added bonus.
  • Options
    Anyone have luck finding dress pans in long? Motherhood maternity only carries black in long and I've got a pair but want different colors. Only other place I've see long in other colors is Old Navy and they are sold out online... being tall is hard lol! 
  • Options
    @kerils sorry didn't realize targets selection was so limited :/ I only brought it up cause MIL mentioned her local one in Syracuse had lots of cute things and she even wanted to get some for me to bring when they visit us in a few weeks which I thought was really sweet. Not sure if the Syracuse target actually has a larger selection or if MIL was just excited :)
    good luck shopping! I'm not a big online shopper normally and prefer real life stores, but I had to go online since there's nothing close to me, and so far have had good luck with pea in pod and gap/ old navy. 
  • Options
    @megandchase this is my biggest gripe...I'm 6'0 so pants in general are hard. That's why I'm thankful for it being spring/summer when we're really pregnant because I live in maxi dresses and skirts. 
  • Options
    @meganandchase have you tried ASOS? They have a giant selection of maternity stuff. I'm not too sure if they have long pants but I know they have a lot of options.
  • Options
    @meganandchase This may or may not be an option but I pretty much stop wearing pants to work when I'm pregnant.  Especially once it is past the first part of the second trimester.  I stock up on work dresses - is that an option?  It is hard to find maternity dress pants in any other color but black even without looking for long.  I will keep an eye out for you while I'm shopping!
  • Options
    @meganandchase Kohl's has a pair of long maternity dress pants that comes in 6 colors. They're not super long, and the quality isn't great, but they might be worth checking out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I can wear dresses and skirts but just prefer pants right now when it's cold out and I have to go outside for recess lol This is baby #3 for me and I am already showing a lot which means regular pants are not fitting despite 0 weight gain. I can't wait for warmer weather so I don't have to worry about this problem but spend all weekend trying to find some dress pants for the next month or so. 
  • Options
    @megandchase leggings under dresses? You can get fleece-lined leggings too, so warm.

Went to the Motherhood Maternity outlet and left with three shirtdresses (black, pink, chambray) and lots of ideas for next time. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 looks cute
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    mj8215 said:
    Pretty excited about this pea in the pod Isabella Oliver dress! 60$ online (originally 120). Looks and feels expensive and professional... think it'll look better once I have more bump lol 
    I bought the same one!!!!!  Looks great on you!   <3
  • Options
    Aw thanks guys! Haha great minds think alike @caribbeanmama
  • Options
    @megandchase  ASOS does have some tall maternity options on their site. I was also thinking Loft, but it does not looks like they do tall + maternity, boo!  It's easier to find long jean options than slacks for sure.