July 2017 Moms

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

123457»

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• @caribbeanmama if you do want some good pants and feel like splurging at some point, I'm a newly recruited seraphine fan! 

I got these and i wear them all the time: 

http://www.seraphine.com/us/maternity-clothes/maternity-pants-shorts/straight-leg-black-maternity-trousers.html

I figured they're worth the price if I get a lot of wear out of them and tops are much easier to find cheap online 
  • @caribbeanmama they don't shape much, they are really stretchy. Just look kind of "neat" under thinner clothes. Im going to order some for the same reason as you stated and il let you know. I have some silk tunics that need to "sit" on me properly because of lack of lining. 
  • @mj8215 yes thanks for the link!  I got 5 dresses from there and 2 belts a few weeks ago.  I ended up returning two of the dresses because they were a little snug in certain areas (not the belly) but liked them otherwise.  I posted a picture of the unlined dress earlier in this thread too.  I didn't look at their pants though - I would be interested in any color except black since I already have 3 black maternity bottoms. 

@busyzee definitely let me know what you think of them!
  • I got a new bra (Old Navy, sports bra section) to wear under shirts where a potential uni-boob isn't immediately apparent, and for days that I'll be wearing a bra for a long time. It was wonderful.
  • Any experienced moms have recommendations on maternity clothes that can be worn after pregnancy (or non-maternity clothes that work during pregnancy)?
    Me: 30 Him: 29
    Dating: 12/27/2004
    Married: 7/27/2013
    TTC: 9/2016
    BFP: 11/24/2016
    EDD: 7/29/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fancy22 iv been told to buy extenders for my jeans so I can continue to wear them rather than buying new jeans over and over and A shaped tunics. 
    fancy22
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 15
    @fancy22 I got the bella band from Amazon to keep my pants up.  The package also says it gives support as you get further along and post-partum.

I also got some flowy blouses from Banana Republic a while back.  I also have some maternity blouses from Destination Maternity that just look flowy now, and I will fill in later. 

Maxi dresses are also great.

ETA: Wrap dresses are awesome because they are adjustable, but can be pricey for good quality ones.
    fancy22
  • Rae1Rae1 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I got an email from stitch fix that they will waive my styling fee if I schedule for delivery by the end of the month. Guess I am going to have to order a maternity box!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    chiquita928LoveLee85
  • I have a question and I know it's not the smartest one but il ask away 
    do they have extenders for trousers that have zips and that too on the side ? 
  • @karissa0307 That dress is gorgeous!
    BusyZee
  • Thank you, it's so comfortable and actually not too hot in the summer! 
  • XathXath member
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    @fancy22 My Agnes & Dora dresses have been stretching over the bump so far and still have room.  My LLR maxis are also still good.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BusyZeefancy22
  • Anyone know why I can't find maternity pants with front pockets? Do they think once you are pregnant you no longer need real pant pockets?!

Me: 28 Him: 33
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: July 2016
    BFP 10/22/16

• @manillabar I just got two maternity pants/jeans they have front pockets. Have you tried looking at ASOS website? Maybe you will like something there they have a good variety. 
  • @busyzee do they carry plus sizes?

Me: 28 Him: 33
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: July 2016
    BFP 10/22/16

• Xath said:
    @fancy22 My Agnes & Dora dresses have been stretching over the bump so far and still have room.  My LLR maxis are also still good.
    I agree with this I'm actually still wearing all my LLR and plan to the whole pregnancy. I pretty much live in Carly dresses, I sized up to TC leggings and pull them over my belly, I also love th Julia on a pregnant belly and Irma. 
    fancy22
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 16
    @manillabar Jessica Simpson makes maternity plus size i believe and ASOS goes up to size 16-18 and their plus size is called ASOS curve! 
  • A coworker told me about Le Tote and said they had a maternity option. I found a discount code online and will gets two months at $30 (usually $60)! It's a subscription service where they send you 4 pieces of clothing (there is also an options with accessories), you wear them, then send it back. Then they send you a new box. You can choose to buy any of the items, but it is not necessary. I tried it out and got my first tote yesterday and I love all the items! I got one color block dress, a stripe maternity sweater top, a skirt and a pair of pants. It helps that they show you what you are getting and you can choose to swap out items. I think I'm going to like it. I can post some pics if you are interested. 
    **tw**
    Me: 33 PCOS, DH: 32

TTC since spring 2014
    IUI #1-3, Dec 2015 - Feb 2016, BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 29 2016, ER 3/12/16, 2 PGS normal
    FET #1: June 17, Beta: June 30, BFP! 480, MC 8w2d
    FET #2: Sep13, BFN
    Unexpected natural BFP 10/27 while waiting to start next stim cycle! EDD: 7/8/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BusyZeecarol113smallbutmighty77
  • I Le Tote, it's awesome! I love that I don't have to buy anything but can wear everything.  Especially maternity since you change sizes a lot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just came across this picture from last summer when I was pregnant with my son. If you guys are debating on buying these dresses from pinkblush, do it. I wore these in the summer (he was born 7/12) and in the hospital after he was born as I wanted nothing to do with pants after my csection 
    Umm this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for....you look gorgeous. I am going to two weddings in June and want some cute maternity pictures and this is the dress. Hahah. Pinkblush, huh?? 
  • @karissa0307 may I ask if that is a wrap dress or maxi? I'm looking on the website right now. LOL So many cute dresses on there. 
  • oheliza44oheliza44 member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 19
    FYI Destination Maternity is having a huge sale- 40% off a lot of spring and summer pieces plus free shipping. I just bought three dresses, two tops, and a nursing bralet under $150.

edit due to autocorrect. 
    BusyZee
  • I decided I wanted to update my maternity clothes after 2 bebes and 6 years. I posted on a local moms sales Facebook group and picked up a ton of adorable stuff for 5 dollars a piece. Made me feel less guilty for wanting some cute new stuff for my third (and last) summer baby. Definitely recommend this avenue if you're looking to save a bunch. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Creedon778
  • Motherhood maternity is always having good sales, it's dangerous. I just bought 5 tops and two pairs of skinny jeans for $100! I had a coupon for $20 off that came in the mail though. I think I'm done shopping for this pregnancy haha. 
    LoveLee85
  • Pinkblush is 25% off this weekend, and free shipping. I didn't find THE gorgeous dress from this thread, but they had lots and lots of cute ones (especially for baby showers, etc.). I got this one:

http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-23334-blue-floral-print-sash-tie-34-sleeve-maternity-wrap-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1
    BabyFruit Ticker
    LoveLee85
  • @nikkiandchris I asked the original pretty dress lady(lol) if it was a maxi or a wrap dress. I think it's a wrap dress from the picture but not sure. Do you know if wrap dress means it is open like a robe?? I use to have wrap dresses when I was in high school and they were so annoying opening and crap. 
  • @LoveLee85 The one I ordered was a "wrap maxi" and it didn't open, it just had a tie belt.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
    LoveLee85nikkiandchris
  • Target is doing 25% off all clothing/shoes/accessories, including clearance, thru tomorrow 2/20.  This includes maternity and baby.  Online or in-store with Cartwheel.
    ljd2010LoveLee85
  • @LoveLee85 The one I ordered was a "wrap maxi" and it didn't open, it just had a tie belt.
    @GlitterFish thank you! Lol. I want a long maxi but wasn't sure about the wrap part. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    @nikkiandchris I asked the original pretty dress lady(lol) if it was a maxi or a wrap dress. I think it's a wrap dress from the picture but not sure. Do you know if wrap dress means it is open like a robe?? I use to have wrap dresses when I was in high school and they were so annoying opening and crap. 

I'm not sure! I do like traditional wrap dresses, I don't think they should open if they are made well. I don't need to be flashing anyone at this point. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rae1Rae1 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have like 6 dresses in my cart right now on pinkblush. I need to narrow it down to 3-4 and place the order but I am SO INDECISIVE.

Also, I bought maternity jeans at both motherhood maternity and H&M last weekend. My review: H&M>>>>MM. I am sure it's different depending on people's body type, but the H&M fit me so much better and actually stay up way better. The MM ones seemed great at first but they stretched out so quickly that after an hour or so I was having to hike them up every 20 min. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    chiquita928
  • kerilskerils member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    Well I've officially outgrown even my husbands old (Large sized) t-shirts. I think they've shrunk slowly, but they're too short. And I have most definitely outgrown my own t-shirts, even the larger ones that used to really hang on me. Again, it's a shortness problem, especially since I am still trying to get by with rubber banded pants. Plus they hang on me so so weird now. Sigh. I told hubs I wouldn't have to buy more maternity shirts until March. I think I may have lied. Had to steal one of his XXL shirts to wear out today. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    Expecting our first baby: July 12, 2017! 
    (I guess we're July people)
123457»