July 2017 Moms
Options

The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

Re: The Big Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited February 2017
    @fancy22 I got the bella band from Amazon to keep my pants up.  The package also says it gives support as you get further along and post-partum.

I also got some flowy blouses from Banana Republic a while back.  I also have some maternity blouses from Destination Maternity that just look flowy now, and I will fill in later. 

Maxi dresses are also great.

ETA: Wrap dresses are awesome because they are adjustable, but can be pricey for good quality ones.
  • Options
    I got an email from stitch fix that they will waive my styling fee if I schedule for delivery by the end of the month. Guess I am going to have to order a maternity box!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a question and I know it's not the smartest one but il ask away 
    do they have extenders for trousers that have zips and that too on the side ? 
  • Options
    @karissa0307 That dress is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Thank you, it's so comfortable and actually not too hot in the summer! 
  • Options
    @fancy22 My Agnes & Dora dresses have been stretching over the bump so far and still have room.  My LLR maxis are also still good.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Anyone know why I can't find maternity pants with front pockets? Do they think once you are pregnant you no longer need real pant pockets?!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar I just got two maternity pants/jeans they have front pockets. Have you tried looking at ASOS website? Maybe you will like something there they have a good variety. 
  • Options
    @busyzee do they carry plus sizes?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Xath said:
    @fancy22 My Agnes & Dora dresses have been stretching over the bump so far and still have room.  My LLR maxis are also still good.
    I agree with this I'm actually still wearing all my LLR and plan to the whole pregnancy. I pretty much live in Carly dresses, I sized up to TC leggings and pull them over my belly, I also love th Julia on a pregnant belly and Irma. 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @manillabar Jessica Simpson makes maternity plus size i believe and ASOS goes up to size 16-18 and their plus size is called ASOS curve! 
  • Options
    A coworker told me about Le Tote and said they had a maternity option. I found a discount code online and will gets two months at $30 (usually $60)! It's a subscription service where they send you 4 pieces of clothing (there is also an options with accessories), you wear them, then send it back. Then they send you a new box. You can choose to buy any of the items, but it is not necessary. I tried it out and got my first tote yesterday and I love all the items! I got one color block dress, a stripe maternity sweater top, a skirt and a pair of pants. It helps that they show you what you are getting and you can choose to swap out items. I think I'm going to like it. I can post some pics if you are interested. 
  • Options
    I Le Tote, it's awesome! I love that I don't have to buy anything but can wear everything.  Especially maternity since you change sizes a lot. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Just came across this picture from last summer when I was pregnant with my son. If you guys are debating on buying these dresses from pinkblush, do it. I wore these in the summer (he was born 7/12) and in the hospital after he was born as I wanted nothing to do with pants after my csection 
    Umm this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for....you look gorgeous. I am going to two weddings in June and want some cute maternity pictures and this is the dress. Hahah. Pinkblush, huh?? 
  • Options
    @karissa0307 may I ask if that is a wrap dress or maxi? I'm looking on the website right now. LOL So many cute dresses on there. 
  • Options
    oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited February 2017
    FYI Destination Maternity is having a huge sale- 40% off a lot of spring and summer pieces plus free shipping. I just bought three dresses, two tops, and a nursing bralet under $150.

edit due to autocorrect. 
  • Options
    I decided I wanted to update my maternity clothes after 2 bebes and 6 years. I posted on a local moms sales Facebook group and picked up a ton of adorable stuff for 5 dollars a piece. Made me feel less guilty for wanting some cute new stuff for my third (and last) summer baby. Definitely recommend this avenue if you're looking to save a bunch. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity is always having good sales, it's dangerous. I just bought 5 tops and two pairs of skinny jeans for $100! I had a coupon for $20 off that came in the mail though. I think I'm done shopping for this pregnancy haha. 
  • Options
    Pinkblush is 25% off this weekend, and free shipping. I didn't find THE gorgeous dress from this thread, but they had lots and lots of cute ones (especially for baby showers, etc.). I got this one:

https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-23334-blue-floral-print-sash-tie-34-sleeve-maternity-wrap-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nikkiandchris I asked the original pretty dress lady(lol) if it was a maxi or a wrap dress. I think it's a wrap dress from the picture but not sure. Do you know if wrap dress means it is open like a robe?? I use to have wrap dresses when I was in high school and they were so annoying opening and crap. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 The one I ordered was a "wrap maxi" and it didn't open, it just had a tie belt.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Target is doing 25% off all clothing/shoes/accessories, including clearance, thru tomorrow 2/20.  This includes maternity and baby.  Online or in-store with Cartwheel.
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 The one I ordered was a "wrap maxi" and it didn't open, it just had a tie belt.
    @GlitterFish thank you! Lol. I want a long maxi but wasn't sure about the wrap part. 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    @nikkiandchris I asked the original pretty dress lady(lol) if it was a maxi or a wrap dress. I think it's a wrap dress from the picture but not sure. Do you know if wrap dress means it is open like a robe?? I use to have wrap dresses when I was in high school and they were so annoying opening and crap. 

I'm not sure! I do like traditional wrap dresses, I don't think they should open if they are made well. I don't need to be flashing anyone at this point. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have like 6 dresses in my cart right now on pinkblush. I need to narrow it down to 3-4 and place the order but I am SO INDECISIVE.

Also, I bought maternity jeans at both motherhood maternity and H&M last weekend. My review: H&M>>>>MM. I am sure it's different depending on people's body type, but the H&M fit me so much better and actually stay up way better. The MM ones seemed great at first but they stretched out so quickly that after an hour or so I was having to hike them up every 20 min. 
  • Options
    Well I've officially outgrown even my husbands old (Large sized) t-shirts. I think they've shrunk slowly, but they're too short. And I have most definitely outgrown my own t-shirts, even the larger ones that used to really hang on me. Again, it's a shortness problem, especially since I am still trying to get by with rubber banded pants. Plus they hang on me so so weird now. Sigh. I told hubs I wouldn't have to buy more maternity shirts until March. I think I may have lied. Had to steal one of his XXL shirts to wear out today. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @kerils do you have a Bellaband? I hated mine the first pregnancy because I thought it did nothing but I've been wearing mine out this time around (the one with the silicone band on the bottom). It works so much better than the rubber band! I literally keep my pants totally unzipped and open. It's a bit pricey at $28 on Amazon but it solves my problems with not being able to find pants. I haven't had any issues with it sliding down or riding up. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 I was looking into that but was going to opt for the cheaper options. I have no experience to compare to so il just order the Bella band then. 

For those of you interested, I got a pregnancy "spanx". it has a thin mesh non compressing belly area and gives great support under the belly and butt and thighs. It was a life saver this weekend especially since I was growing out of clothes by the day and I wanted good support Without my back hurting. 
  • Options
    Recommendations for a belly support for working out?
  • Options
    I ordered tow of the ultimate belly support bands from Motherhood, with a few other things. I'm anxious to put it on, I need this pain to go away.
  • Options
    Recommendations for a belly support for working out?
     I just put on my foldover yoga pants which are a little snug now, and they kinda hold everything in when I unfold the top. I also have a maternity back support brace, I think the brand is Gabrielle? It is wonderfully supportive for working around the house and yard. 
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 I thought those only worked for so long anyways? If they would keep me in my pants until the end, I would do it, but being almost 20 weeks I feel like it might be pointless now. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    I might be getting this so I can inspire myself to work out again... Baby Belly Band - Sport Pregnancy & Maternity Belt - For Abdominal, Hip, & Back Support - Small (Up to 39" Waist) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014AF6UP4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pTYQybZZTN2B5
  • Options
    Rae1 said:
    I have like 6 dresses in my cart right now on pinkblush. I need to narrow it down to 3-4 and place the order but I am SO INDECISIVE.

Also, I bought maternity jeans at both motherhood maternity and H&M last weekend. My review: H&M>>>>MM. I am sure it's different depending on people's body type, but the H&M fit me so much better and actually stay up way better. The MM ones seemed great at first but they stretched out so quickly that after an hour or so I was having to hike them up every 20 min. 
    I didn't know H&M had maternity until I read this! I said I was done shopping but might grab a few tshirts and bras since they're so cheap haha. 
  • Options
    @mrscate88 I've been surviving off H&M. Their jeans are actually amazing and they always have cute things that are on trend. 
  • Options
    @mrscate88 their maternity isn't quite as cheap as their regular clothes (apparently 'maternity' is an excuse to up-charge everything. ugh). But it's still reasonable. 
  • Options
    @kerils hmm...I'm honestly not sure. now you've got me second guessing buying a second one in white! I feel like mine might work awhile longer but only because I literally have them totally unzipped and wide open. Earlier in pregnancy I just left them unbuttoned. I guess there's no magic solution, but this one is currently mine for the time being. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @Rae1 Maternity is 100% a reason they up charge things, just like saying something is for your wedding adds a huge up charge. 

@dancegurl1118 I'm kind of just riding out the rest of the cold weather and then I'm buying maternity yoga capris. Or maybe regular yoga capris if I think they will stretch enough. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    I hate paying full price for anything, especially maternity clothes that are up charged!

FYI - Target is having a 25% off President's Day sale that includes maternity clothes. Their basic tanks and t-shirts are buy 1 get 1 50% off (and you can apply the additional 25% off on top of that). If you have their red card, that's another 5% off.

If you're buying maternity clothes or any clothes from H&M, this website always has discounted gift cards! I've seen discounts as high as 40% off. Right now they have mostly ~20% off gift cards. https://www.raise.com/buy-h-m-gift-cards
    Me: 30 Him: 29
    Dating: 12/27/2004
    Married: 7/27/2013
    TTC: 9/2016
    BFP: 11/24/2016
    EDD: 7/29/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker