February 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread 11/14/16

1235»

Re: Symptoms Thread 11/14/16

• Options
    I tried Tums and it didn't help. My guess is that I think my chest is expanding again. I remember now, that it happened very briefly during 1st trimester and that's what my OB's PA had told me.  It's certainly worse this time but it makes sense since baby is pushing all the organs up into my chest.  I have an appointment on Tuesday ,  I'll ask then.  
    I don't think it's anything serious though. 

• Options
    So I've been getting over a cold, but the cough still lingers. Last night I had a really bad coughing spasm and afterwards, my abdomen was sore. Today it was still sore and hard to walk. And my super active baby decided not to move much. Irrational brain took over. I call the on call doc and she recommended I go to L&D.

Long story short, baby became super active once I was hooked up to monitors (figures, right?). I got to see him on the ultrasound. L&D determined that I tore an abdominal muscle during the coughing fit (exactly what my rational brain said). 

Glad it was nothing serious and I got to see my baby. Not to awesome trying to deal with a torn muscle across my uterus. I hope it heals soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AfKash I get chest pain sometimes and I swear I think I'm having a heart attack. 9 times out of 10, I need to burp. I usually get up and walk around, drink something carbonated (just a few sips though), and then stand with my knees a little bent, body bent forward with my hands on my knees, and try burping. 
    Sounds dumb, I know, but it works