May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions (10/31-11/6)

Re: Randoms and Questions (10/31-11/6)

• Options
    @pshaortao Lol yes emphasis on the "mostly." In regards to me only of course ;) 
  • Options
    I leave for a few hours and I miss the gobble snark? That user definitely struggles in the words department. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    chickyclg said:
    Ok. Am I the only jerk who cringes every time at the bad grammar involved with "gobble to you wobble?" Maybe it's worse because it's the same poster who used "birth announcements" incorrectly.  Just had to get that off my chest. 

Did she ever comment back that she would try and correct that? 

Also so I need to learn how to GIF again!
    Yessss. Also, am I the only one who thinks the whole "gobble" thread just should have been brought up in this weekly random/questions thread?! Just seems generic to me and I'm pretty sure we discuss food related issues in here before! 

I can't stand that she starts a thread and then is never to be heard from again... until another random thread pops up! 
    Honestly the existence of the thread doesn't much bother me - plus it led to the great pretzel discussion. Just the dam title!!! I'm too much of a grammar nerd/perfectionist* for that.

* I'm well aware that sometimes my posts are grammar deficient, but I know I'd be watching a title a BIT closer!  
  • Options
    @pshaortao hahahahahaha!!!  So that one time I had guacamole in the first tri with older daughter MUST be why she had so much hair when she was born!!  Not sure what younger daughter's excuse was. (I'm not a huge avocado fan. I eat it usually only when we're giving it to the kids and there's extra.). 
  • Options
    @pshaortao yes! some 3d US businesses have specials for the holidays which is very tempting!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @CarmCeG how did you find 3rd party US places? I've looked around my area but haven't found any. One does them just to confirm pregnancy but won't do any other ones
  • Options
    @SWE2 Honestly, I first saw in on FB, you know how they have AD's. Then, I just looked up their website. I found the second one through Google, I just put, "3D ultrasound in ____"

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @swe2 have you tried YELP?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I didn't realize there was a cutoff for FB group. I was going to wait until 2nd trip when I was FB official. Is it too late to get in?
  • Options
    Anyone else love chick-fil-a lemonade? I was drinking one today and found out it is unpasteurized. Just a random little fact that I didn't realize.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else love chick-fil-a lemonade? I was drinking one today and found out it is unpasteurized. Just a random little fact that I didn't realize.
    Nooooo! I've been getting it at LEAST once a week and now I want it again just bc you mentioned it!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @CarmCeG I did not think to type 3D was just typing in US. Thank you 

@mrsrep123 ahh! I used yelp for everything and didn't even think to look for US there. Thanks! 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I've been drinking it at least twice a week! I love it! It's definitely something I keep craving. Kind of bummed, since I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to food restrictions bc I am a worrier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The diet one is MY JAM. 

Maybe this is a UO but I give just about 0 fucks about the million and one food restrictions during pregnancy. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 Yea, I've been careful about all food things (except I have had a cup of coffee AND a coke in one day :S) so this makes me want to avoid it too. I think I'm going to ask my Dr what she thinks, haha
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Jellybeanqueen13 I was literally drinking it when I read that!!! So sad! I'm definitely finishing this one though. I'll ask and see what my Dr says. 
  • Options
    I had chick-fil-a once on vacation and loved it! We don't have them where I live :( it sounds so good! And lemonade has been amazing this pregnancy, I can only image how good theirs is 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs this is how I am with the many restrictions. I do avoid alcohol and TRY and stick to one cup of coffee- I do use an oversized mug though
  • Options
    CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited November 2016
    The diet one is MY JAM. 

Maybe this is a UO but I give just about 0 fucks about the million and one food restrictions during pregnancy. 

I agree with you and I'll tell you why. My cousin had no idea she was pregnant and she definitely doesn't eat healthy! She even drank alcohol for the seven months she was pregnant (without knowing). When she went to the doctor for a regular check up, they took a blood test and told her she was pregnant!! SHE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPTOMS! Her daughter will be four this Christmas!

One of my friends also didn't care about the food restrictions or pregnancy suggestions. She didn't take prenatal vitamins and still ate/drank everything she was told not to. She reached full term and has two sons; 4 & 2.

***All babies were born healthy.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    But don't they make it fresh there? Doesn't that make a difference? Like, if I make my own juice (ha! I don't know how to do that!) then it doesn't matter if it is pasturized or not! It's just juices that are sitting on the shelf for a while (usually apple cider or something like that)?  Or am I totally wrong on that? 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun Ha. I don't know either. I would think it would be fairly safe since its made daily and Chick-Fil-a seems to be pretty sanitary and clean.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ok this might seem like a dumb question, but this mama is exhausted and doesn't want to have to put in any extra effort if I could just be laying on the couch instead... the NT scan is an abdominal scan right? I'll be 12w4d so I assume so but I just want to be sure. All three u/s i've had so far have been transvaginal and I didn't do the NT scan with my DD. 
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    ok this might seem like a dumb question, but this mama is exhausted and doesn't want to have to put in any extra effort if I could just be laying on the couch instead... the NT scan is an abdominal scan right? I'll be 12w4d so I assume so but I just want to be sure. All three u/s i've had so far have been transvaginal and I didn't do the NT scan with my DD. 
    My NT scan was abdominal. 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun so my thing with fruit and veggies goes like this: my OB told me to wash all things produce with soap because potential listeria. I grumble but i wash. So home made juice should be ok if stuff is properly washed before squeezing (since it's the same as eating it washed anyhow, isn't it?). In a restaurant/cafe setting they will not be washing it as thoroughly as i would at home. So i try to avoid this.
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    My NT scan was abdominal. 
    Mine was both with the twins 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I just got some cute neutral halloween stuff for next year for 70% at Target tonight. I was torn between getting size 6mos and 9 mos though. DD was already in 9 mos by the time she was 6 mos old but she was on the high end of the growth chart. Chances are this LO could end up smaller. For the record, I got both sizes and will just resell if needed.

• Options
    @Squirtgun so my thing with fruit and veggies goes like this: my OB told me to wash all things produce with soap because potential listeria. I grumble but i wash. So home made juice should be ok if stuff is properly washed before squeezing (since it's the same as eating it washed anyhow, isn't it?). In a restaurant/cafe setting they will not be washing it as thoroughly as i would at home. So i try to avoid this.
    I totally get this, but just so you know CFA literally submerges their lemons. Not only for cleaning, but if you soak them in warm water more juice comes out. 

Not trying to change your mind thogh! 
  • Options
    pshaortao said:
    I just got some cute neutral halloween stuff for next year for 70% at Target tonight. I was torn between getting size 6mos and 9 mos though. DD was already in 9 mos by the time she was 6 mos old but she was on the high end of the growth chart. Chances are this LO could end up smaller. For the record, I got both sizes and will just resell if needed.
    I started refusing to buy anything clothes related in advance.  DD was still in newborn at 6 months and  is just now on the growth curve.  I wasted so much money on clothes for that child  :s

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg oh no! I can't imagine. I didn't know I was pregnant with DD until mid January so we had already passed the major holidays.  This year I'm in trouble haha. I figured whatever doesnt fit they will just wear when it does. Or if a friend gets pregnant and her baby is the right size then I'll gift it.

• Options
    Was on evite designing DS's birthday invitations when I saw this:

At least Evite has some grammar sense....
    Ahahahahahahaha @RainyDays86 thanks for the laugh  :D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    chickyclg said:
    pshaortao said:
    I started refusing to buy anything clothes related in advance.  DD was still in newborn at 6 months and  is just now on the growth curve.  I wasted so much money on clothes for that child  :s
    My girls were both the same way! Both still under the growth chart curves (but growing correctly for themselves :). ) But, I had bought a bunch of holiday clothes on clearance at the sizes I thought she'd  be before older daughter was born.   So I just dress them in them at totally the wrong time of year!  I believe older daughter wore a Christmas jumper without the long sleeved shirt in July!  :D. (I'd also sometimes put those holiday outfits in the diaper bag for extra clothes that I wouldn't miss being in their drawers.) 
  • Options
    tenfourtenfour member
    edited November 2016
    h&pmomma said:
    I'm a chick-fil-a lemonade addict! And I drank them all throughout my last two pregnancies, so I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that snibit about them being unpasteurized lol 
    This is how I feel about fro yo. I don't have deli meat because of the Listeria but then I randomly heard recently that you should not have frozen yogurt either for the same reason. Definitely pretending I didn't hear that because fro yo and McDonald's ice cream cones are life for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    chickyclg said:
    pshaortao said:
    Yep. DD was always on the high end. She wore "newborn" clothes for maybe a week. She pretty much went straight to 3 month clothes. I never buy clothes ahead of time. I am slightly hoping for a girl ONLY because it's the right seasons and I've kept all the clothes. 
  • Options
    I also needed to get a bigger car since this will be our third but won't get it til after the baby is here because I don't want to jinx anything. But for the ladies waiting till the first of the year I have always heard that you can get way better deals right before the end if the year when dealers and sales people are trying to hit their quotas.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow. I was home with a sick baby yesterday and missed so much! 

Re: cars- I'm with @WombThereItIs, my car is one of the effected VW diesels, so we're waiting for our paperwork to be processed and will be selling it back. It's taking forever! We're hoping to be able to switch cars before winter, as my Jetta is horrendous in the snow. Right now, we're thinking about getting a Hyundai Santa Fe- anyone have experience with one? They seem to have great safety ratings, enough space for 2 rear facing car seats, and they look pretty. 

I will definitely have to check out Baby Center. I love reading ridiculous/drama posts to pass the time at work. I regularly creep on other BMBs looking for just that. Also, I eat an insane amount of avocado/guac on the regular, and definitely upped my intake when pregnant with DS...who was born as bald as can be. Now I really want guac though.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*