February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/30)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/30)

• Options
    I read recently that many schools don't have a "no lice" policy. 
    Wtf. 
    So kids can just keep giving it to other kids?! 
  • Options
    @Spicyweiner I'm not sure about a lot of other schools, but we had a lice issue a couple years ago at my kids school. They checked all the students weekly. If a kid was found with lice they had a mandatory 3 days off, to try to get it under control. When they came back they had to go straight to the nurse for an inspection. It still got spread like wildfire. I sure hope that what you read was inaccurate information. I can't imagine if all those kids were permitted in the building. YIKES!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lemieuxklemieuxk member
    edited November 2016
    I work in a city with a drug resistant lice issue. The normal treatments don't work so they just keep coming back. I have kids I work with who have had lice off and on for over a year. I feel terrible for them and it's also just super gross and unsettling. 

Edit: words are hard
  • Options
    Are people still wanting to do an Ask a STM thread? I didn't post one yesterday and it seems to be pretty dead the past few weeks. I can still post one if there's interest.
  • Options
    I also like the ask a STM thread, but if it's not busy it coule be monthly! I have learned  a lot reading everyone's questions.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    +1 Monthly STM thread sounds good to me. Also, Dec BMB has 5 babies. Many of these babies were 10 weeks older than my baby. 0_0
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, I really like reading it but I think we can do just a monthly.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Mommabean that gif is perfect!!!
  • Options
    It's probably just FTM nerves and emotions going nuts but I'm kinda freaking out about her coming early. I just have a weird feeling that I NEED to be more prepared for birth like soon...

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    @becbec28 I have that feeling too (FTM as well). It hasn't helped that this baby is sitting so low that any lower and it'd be out. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Yes!! And her constantly trying to bust out both sides of the belly simultaneously! lol I had a dream not too long ago about her coming early and H keeps talking about her coming early. I just can't shake it! Plus my SILs are "planning" (as in nothing is even planned yet) my shower for the weekend after new years and I'm sitting here thinking "should I buy the stuff I need to have packed early or should I wait for my shower?" I don't know...

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    @becbec28 I wouldn't stress too much about being unprepared.  For one we have plenty of time, for two there's a Jewish superstition that you shouldn't buy anything for a baby that hasn't been born yet.  While we don't adhere to this rule strictly, we follow it to an extent and my SIL insists you don't really need that much in the first few weeks with the baby.  They had my Dad and brothers building my nephew's crib the day he came home from the hospital.  It's definitely manageable!  :)
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone ever have one of those days where you want to spend all your money and buy all the things? But you know you can't because broke?

Today is one of those days.
    I know these days allll too well. It sucks. 
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex I had one of those mornings! I went on Walmart, target, Carters and Amazon and added all the things I wanted to my cart. Then closed the pages. Lol. I got to find the things I want and "online shop" but now I'm not broke and upset I spent money. And I have things for my Christmas lists for the kids and I to give to any gparents that ask. Lol. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    lct2008 said:
    @BumpasaurusRex I had one of those mornings! I went on Walmart, target, Carters and Amazon and added all the things I wanted to my cart. Then closed the pages. Lol. I got to find the things I want and "online shop" but now I'm not broke and upset I spent money. And I have things for my Christmas lists for the kids and I to give to any gparents that ask. Lol. 
    Yes, I have been adding to my Amazon lists
    for the past week in prep for the holidays.  I have a list of what we're getting DS so I add it to Amazon.  It's just so tempting to add it all to the cart!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @becbec28 I have a shower "planned" the weekend after new years too! It's luckily a second shower for me (other side of the family), but it's still funny the similar mindset and situation. Like @MrsDramaK said though, I've convinced myself we really don't need much to survive with a baby, and H/my parents can always run out if something happens. We have a minimum of 48 hours in the hospital before they can kick us out :) 
  • Options
    I'm seriously terrified this baby is gonna come early too. Especially since he decided to move again and 95% of his kicks yesterday felt like they were directly on my cervix... Thanks boo! Haha But my concern isn't necessarily about having all the things, it's about him trying to arrive before or during our move... EEEEKKKKK!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I'm not worried about having *everything* I'm more worried that she won't have anything to go home in or I won't have anything ready to go to the hospital.

@LivingLaVidaGinger That guy is a moron lol. Reading that made me mad but also made me laugh because I doubt he has a woman in his life and when he does he will change his tune. Men don't even know what this is like!

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    I'm worried about baby coming early too. Our plan which works best for us financially is to wait and get a van at the beginning of February.....I'm due feb 19th. We can't drive all three kids in the car now. Like literally their car seats won't fit. So I'm like really worried she'll come before we have our van. So my fingers are actually crossed that I go till at least 38 weeks. I think my concern is just because it's my third and so for some reason I have it in my head that third babies come early. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @TeacherMom2517 same here!!! the last 12 hours this kid has kicked me in the cervix non stop. it is by far the most uncomfortable shocking feeling i have had thus far. i keep walking and switching positions to try to get him to move. it makes me uncomfortable emotionally to think of him being that low already. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex

oh yes. The past 3 months I didn't have to stick to a budget because we had just moved to a new country, needed appliances and other big purchases, blah blah. 

Well, November is our first "normal" month and it's only on the third day, but MAN did I get used to clicking "buy" on Amazon without really thinking about our account.

Now I go on amazon and I'm like, eh, can't buy anything anyway. I want all the things, but not enough to tap my "play money" for them. At least not this early in the month. Ask me around the 15th.

Sigh.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    Watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast last night, after 15+ years since the last time.

Totally underwhelmed. Pixar has ruined me. Pretty much the only part I liked was the "Be our guest" song and the snowball fight scene.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    I was so out of it last night and today everything is just annoying me. I was cleaning up the kitchen last night and I just remembered that I didn't start the dishwasher. I also left soapy hot water in the sink to clean it out but never went back to clean my sink. Ugh... I just want to take the rest of the year off work so I can get my house put together!

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Options
    @kswiger06 If you ever come to Florida I will totally fix you dinner and some sweet tea! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl oh man, I love some sweet tea!! I also drink unsweetened but I don't do hot tea my stomachs already gowling... off I go to find my boring food lol
    Pregnancy Ticker