February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (10/30)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/30)

• So a kid from Violets school, who we have a play date scheduled with on Sunday, got sent home with pink eye. I'm getting conflicting info on the contagious time frame. 
    The mom said she started anti biotics noon Friday so it will be 48 hours of antibiotics. 
    Im not sure if I should cancel? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought 24 hours of antibiotics was for like anything. That's the rule for coming back to school. 
  • A friend of my daughter had it last school year. She got sent home and had to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Janefelicity omg have you ever been to Russia or Italy? The worst querers in the world. 
    Ive never been to Russia but def agree on the Italian queuers!
  • My Mom (who is English) always stands :::thisclose::: to people in line ahead of her. I'm like back off, dude. Give people personal space! 
  • @Spicyweiner DS had pink eye not long ago and we were told he wasn't contagious after 24 hrs on antibiotics. After being on the treatment for that period of time, your daughter's friend shouldn't have discharge in the eyes anymore so you should be good to go for Sunday. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Oops never mind, I guess you already rescheduled lol.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • After spending the past two years in a full sized bed with a 6'4 225lb man, and an absurdly long 50lb pit/lab mix, and now an enormous pregnancy pillow, DH accidentally elbowed me straight in the face for the first time ever while we were sleeping.

We ordered our king sized bed today. 
    Ya, you totally deserve that big bed!!  I hope you weren't hurt severely. I'm still paranoid about my husband hitting me in my nose since I broke it.  

• @AfKash has no one warned you that the first 3 years of your child's life are 60% protecting your face from getting smashed by a tiny head?
    Nope. I've only been warned about getting my long earrings snatched off my ears.  

• Saw this on reddit. Just had a moment of "wtf did I get myself into" panic.  

• @PerraSucia The little black sex cage dress suits you. Think you've got your poses down but you need to work on your smize...
  • After spending the past two years in a full sized bed with a 6'4 225lb man, and an absurdly long 50lb pit/lab mix, and now an enormous pregnancy pillow, DH accidentally elbowed me straight in the face for the first time ever while we were sleeping.

We ordered our king sized bed today. 
    Eastern king or California king? 
  • edited November 2016
    @Spicyweiner we debated a while on which one to get and decided we'd rather have the extra 4 inches in width rather than length. Especially when we add in the inevitable fact that sooner or later our tiny human will wind up in bed with us too. And it's easier to find eastern king sheets. At least here...in the east lol

Edited because I tagged the wrong person. How embarrassing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So this is weird, but is anyone else getting hit on while pregnant? I told my H that I am getting hit in MORE now that I'm knocked up. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • So this is weird, but is anyone else getting hit on while pregnant? I told my H that I am getting hit in MORE now that I'm knocked up. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Go girl! Me, not so much. 
  • @Gretchypoo yes it's so weird! Didn't happen at all with my first so I wasn't expecting that yikes.
  • @PerraSucia we debated a while on which one to get and decided we'd rather have the extra 4 inches in width rather than length. Especially when we add in the inevitable fact that sooner or later our tiny human will wind up in bed with us too. And it's easier to find eastern king sheets. At least here...in the east lol
    I think you meant to tag me. 
    Cal kings are all the rage here, I didn't even know eastern kings existed until we were mattress shopping. 
    We got an eastern, and I fucking love it. 
  • @Spicyweiner well shit I always do that! 
    People have to special order cals where I am. They never have them on display in stores. 
    I am so excited dude. My bed is so cramped at this point haha
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Dude this was mine and my mom's life every damn day. Hell, it's still my life. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's so weird when people are like "I have a (random relative) with red hair!" 
    Ill admit I've said to a couple red heads "I have a daughter with your color hair, it's so beautiful!" Or something to that effect, but I don't think that's weird? Unless it is? Haha.