May 2017 Moms

Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

Re: Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

• emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited March 2017
    Oooooh! I JUST saw those at Target the other day! Clearly I need to go back and get one (or 5)!

ETA: Women's sleepwear is on Cartwheel this week - probably through the weekend. 
  • @emilyalso Yes the cartwheel for 20% is through tomorrow. I plan on making a run to get more!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Louise_Belcher, those nightgown/dresses are adorable!! Totally picking those up tomorrow during my Target run! Hoping they have them in store!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • So glad I didn't do a Target run tonight. I'm so adding the nightgown/dress to my list! They're so cute

• @nda_roxybabe love! I didn't see the coral/pink one or didn't realize it was the same style. I got the navy one too, plus the black/grey and the black/red. They're a bit snug on my ribcage at the moment but sooooo comfortable otherwise. I hope they fit even better once LO is out!

I totally would love to see some of us do HDBD in our new nightgowns this week haha

• Those nightgowns are super cute. I was looking at them the other day, contemplating back and forth for probably a couple hours. Finally decided against it (for now), cause I just never wear nightgowns. I'm a tshirt and lounge pant kinda girl. But those make me want to convert.
  • I got a couple of the nightgowns too! Ha! They are so comfy!
  • I got the black and gray night gown. I haven't tried it on yet. Maybe tonight?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Now I'm regretting not getting the nightgowns! I ordered the Gap one that's on backorder for a couple weeks so I guess I'll see how I like that one and then pick up the Target ones too! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • clebl24 said:
    Is anyone growing out of maternity clothes?  I have a few tops that I wore my entire first pregnancy that are too small on me and I still have 8 weeks to go. Holy cow!
    Some of my tops are becoming too short! They are the same ones I wore with DD1 and DD2 so it just confirms my suspicion that I'm carrying more straight out in the front this time instead of in my hips. I'm trying really hard to not buy any more maternity clothes! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @clebl24, Yup! Other issue is they're all sweaters or long sleeved and now it's hot. I really didn't want to buy more stuff, but ordered a couple dresses.

@hp_momma I ordered the Gap one too :)

I plan on using the Target gowns as a going home outfit/ dresses.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @emilyalso are those linen looking old Navy pants maternity? I know you said theyre too long but how did they fit otherwise? Im looking for postpartum clothes and those look super comfy!
  • I just got back from target, I got 2 of the nightgowns on clearance! My target had a whole bunch. They are pretty comfy and will be perfect for nursing as everyone has mentioned  :)
  • Dang it! Y'all are making me want to check out target for the dresses! I need to stop spending money! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @chocolatelemons - I definitely don't have a big fashion vocabulary, but I would say they are linen-ish. The pants and capris are VERY roomy. I kept 2 pair of capris in a M (5'2", 115 when not pregnant) and even though I've gained a lot of weight in my thighs and booty, they are still quite loose. 
  • @emilyalso I think Old Navy does run big. I'm 5'6 and 110-115 when not pregnant and I ended up getting a small. I almost wish I got an extra small, but for $10, I can live with them being too big. Also, I'm sure I won't be back to my pre-pregnancy weight anytime soon or ever haha. I really wanted to get the yoga shorts but they didn't have my size. Gap/Old Navy had free shipping (which is rare without requiring a minimum) and 40% off the other day so I'm hoping some of my purchases will fit! 

• Yes, IMO Old Navy and Gap run a bit big.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @lrwardrop I was loving Target clothes yesterday. I bought my first pair of maternity shorts, but I loved the nightgowns and dresses. I typically prefer Burlington, because they are so cheap, but Target is closer. 
  • This could also go in the nursing thread, but it's mostly to do with clothes. FTM wondering about the best nursing tanks. I found some easy DIY nursing tank patterns on Pinterest (because I'm too cheap to buy real nursing tanks), but there are different styles/ways of making nursing tanks. One way is to cut the straps off a strappy tank and make a little loop in the front. The loop will hook through the clasp mechanism on a nursing bra so the tank is lowered with the front of the bra when you nurse. Another way is to cut the tank straps but attach a button or snap to the front so you have to unbutton the tank strap along with the nursing bra clasp. Does anyone have experience with either type of nursing tank (connected with the nursing bra versus a button or clasp) or has anyone made their own nursing tanks? 
  • I have two Target nursing tanks simply for convenience around the house but 95% of the time I just use a regular strappy tank under my shirts and "whip it out" like @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot mentioned. No need for cutting/sewing. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • SKZWSKZW member
    Speaking of whipping it out, and big boobs, I just bought this maternity/nursing bra at a local store on sale. It has the side clips but also a criss-cross design for easy front pull-down.

www.bravadodesigns.com/us/collections/nursing-bras-and-tanks/products/original-nursing-bra-plus-size?variant=1088221201

It's feels amazing to wear a bra that fits! and is comfy! and has no underwires! WHY didn't my lame self do this months ago?!
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot @hp_momma haha unfortunately I am very small chested so I don't think I'll be able to "whip it out" even if my boobs get bigger later on.
  • My boobs seem like they just keep shrinking as my belly grows. I just tried on a nursing bra that I got from Kohl's. Its comfortable but looks so saggy, for lack of a better word. I jnow they will fill in nicely once the milk come in.

As for making your own nursing tank.. I would keep in mind that if you go this route and unbutton one strap it will be annoying to grab that strap and reattach it. Nursing bras are designed so the main strap stays in placre if that make sense? I learned this the hard way when I used a non nursing bra that had the option to snap off and on for different styles. A big mistake in public  :D

• @hp_momma @pshaortao thank you, both of your advice makes sense! I might try to make one nursing tank with loops to connect onto a nursing bra and see if it's easy to use. Almost all the camis I wear now are from Forever 21 because they're so inexpensive. I'll have to try wearing one tomorrow with a nursing bra to get the hang of unclasping the bra and pulling down the cami.
  • @luckywife10 - Small Boobs McGee reporting here: I didn't wear a bra most of the time that I was nursing (around 9 months), and just employed a nursing tank under a regular shirt. Maybe if you 'splurged' on a tank with a shelf bra or even a little padding, then you could skip the bra as well. I'm not sure how that would affect your strap-loop contraption, but it's something to consider. 
  • @luckywife10 I plan to keep on wearing my F21 tanks and pulling down under (since I'm small)
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • ive shared this before but these are the tanks that I bought and they are pretty nice

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MTNFYWE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=33ECILUUHFVS0&coliid=I23P0ODTDM7O02&psc=1

I prefer one that has a shelf bra to hold the nursing pads and so I don't have to wear a bra

also, my target has been having a lot of nursing tanks on clearance. Ive been seeing the medella ones with the stretchy material.

• @lrwardrop do you have any of the Caramel Cantina nursing bras? I followed the link in your last post and the tanks look nice. Just curious if the bras are nice too.

I tried on the nursing bras from I ordered from Target and they're too big. I know my boobs will grow a little more after baby comes but I want something more sports bra like that won't sag or get too tight if my boobs change size.