May 2017 Moms

Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

Re: Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

• Gap friends and family is 40% online and 50% in store including maternity. 

I just ordered a bunch of styles in two different sizes for a home try on party. 

May '17 labor memes
  • I'm on Asos right now (SO much cute stuff!), but I'll head to Gap next. Thanks!!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • So...apparently if you're pregnant its just assumed your boobs are huge? Because I just got in the 4 maternity dresses my Mom ordered me and every single one is massive in the chest. I know my boobs will likely go up a cup size or so, but they STILL wont be filling out these dresses :( really frustrating. 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @kipperoo have you tried on the jeans from target? They have a few choices at my store. I have one from my last pregnancy that is very comfortable.  And i think motherhood maternity have shorter options.

• Kipperoo said:
    Does it drive anyone else crazy that it's nearly impossible to try on any maternity clothes in person? I am having THE hardest time finding a couple pairs of skinny jeans--specifically skinny and short enough at the ankle that they look cute with ankle boots. I have ordered and returned like a dozen pairs of jeans...I may just have to bite the bullet and buy some pricey ones from AG, but I really don't want to since this will definitely be my last pregnancy. 
    I'm having the same problem, and not wanting to spend a ton on maternity clothes since this is our last baby too. 
    I don't like full panel jeans/pants either so that narrows my options even more. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @Kipperoo

The state of maternity shopping is so frustrating.  When I was pregnant w/ DD, the Gaps in the suburbs had maternity.  Now it's only available online.  Like pregnant women don't shop?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • pshaortao , I tried Target last weekend but the options were mostly bootcut. I think I need to try a better Target this weekend. I've been avoiding Motherhood because I hated the options there last pregnancy, but now that GAP doesn't carry maternity in stores (where I shopped pretty exclusively last time but am having a hard time finding the right fit online), I should probably breakdown and give them a try. Even my Old Navy that used to carry maternity doesn't anymore...boo hoo! I forgot how much finding maternity pants sucks.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo

The state of maternity shopping is so frustrating.  When I was pregnant w/ DD, the Gaps in the suburbs had maternity.  Now it's only available online.  Like pregnant women don't shop?
    THIS x1000...I just mentioned it in another comment. I had great luck last year with Gap because I could try on a bunch of pairs and just buy what worked. I've now done 3 online orders from Gap--I can't seem to get the sizing right and they are sold out of so many sizes. I had high hopes for H&M maternity, but the fit was just...weird. 
  • These are a find--long length Forever 21 camis--super cheap, super stretch, and super long. I bought a bunch in a large and wore all the way to the end. It looks like many colors and sizes are sold out, but it's worth the wait for $3.80. Cheaper than maternity tanks! https://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=top_blouses&productid=2000049495 
  • @Kipperoo I know it's so frustrating. I went shopping with my MIL last week. We went to 4 different stores and, with the exception of Motherhood, they barely had any maternity. My MIL got so frustrated. She turned to me and asked "do women not get pregnant anymore?". I just got my first order from PinkBlush. Love everything I got! Not as frumpy as some of the other stores. I stuck to tops and dresses because I didn't think their pants would fit me (even in plus size.)
  • Kipperoo said:
    These are a find--long length Forever 21 camis--super cheap, super stretch, and super long. I bought a bunch in a large and wore all the way to the end. It looks like many colors and sizes are sold out, but it's worth the wait for $3.80. Cheaper than maternity tanks! https://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=top_blouses&productid=2000049495 
    This, Love Culture, or any of the other tween stores are where I buy all my camis.  I wear a cami almost every day so I have a ton of them.  They are cheap and last a decent amount of time.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @Kipperoo I know it's so frustrating. I went shopping with my MIL last week. We went to 4 different stores and, with the exception of Motherhood, they barely had any maternity. My MIL got so frustrated. She turned to me and asked "do women not get pregnant anymore?". I just got my first order from PinkBlush. Love everything I got! Not as frumpy as some of the other stores. I stuck to tops and dresses because I didn't think their pants would fit me (even in plus size.)
    I actually just got a pair of jeggings from Lane Bryant. They are super comfy and look just like jeans, you'd never know. I also buy their leggings from there. I tried a pair of leggings from Pink Blush and they were too short. I did order a dress from there, I'm hoping I love it! 
  • Kipperoo said:
    Does it drive anyone else crazy that it's nearly impossible to try on any maternity clothes in person? I am having THE hardest time finding a couple pairs of skinny jeans--specifically skinny and short enough at the ankle that they look cute with ankle boots. I have ordered and returned like a dozen pairs of jeans...I may just have to bite the bullet and buy some pricey ones from AG, but I really don't want to since this will definitely be my last pregnancy. 

I just got some cute shorter jeans from Motherhood Maternity. I forgot the name of the brand. I'm wearing them with booties tdy. It's the Motherhood's brand of jeans.
  • @bacorrea Have you ever tried Torrid?  I have always been a Lane Bryant shopper until I found Torrid.  I love love love their leggings.  They have an amazing selection and their clothes are a little more trendy, which I like.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @Kipperoo How funny, I have the opposite problem. Everything I've been seeing (mostly at Motherhood) is ankle. I've got long legs and prefer to cuff to get an ankle look.

Whoever mentioned F21 tanks. YES, these are my favorite tank tops ever and I actually need to stock up on some new ones. Any STM's know, how would these do for nursing??
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe I used them for nursing.  Just flipped them down and pulled the goods out.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @nda_roxybabe I used them for nursing.  Just flipped them down and pulled the goods out.
    That is the answer I was hoping for!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @LilMissCrafty - I would love to see/hear about what you got from Pink Blush! I've gotten 1 robe from there, but would like to hear a report about their clothes. :)
  • @bacorrea Have you ever tried Torrid?  I have always been a Lane Bryant shopper until I found Torrid.  I love love love their leggings.  They have an amazing selection and their clothes are a little more trendy, which I like.  
    I love Torrid! The closest one we have is a hour away unfortunately. I order online a lot though. I actually just got my winter coat from Torrid! 
  • I agree about Pink Blush! I got 5 shirts and a robe during their last sale and thought it was all pretty cute, and reasonable too!
  • @emilyalso - So I got 4 tops, 2 dresses, and a cardigan from their maternity plus line. Everything is super soft, comfy, and flattering. There's on one top that I'm a little disappointed with. It's a baseball style knit and the shoulders a little to narrow. But I'm keeping it because I think it'll look super cute once I look more pregnant. This was my first time ordering anything from them but I'm already planning to order more later. Was debating ordering a robe. They look nice.
  • Another Pinkblush fan over here! They have 25% - 30% sales pretty frequently and 15% off your first order if you sign up for their email. Definitely worth checking out!   pinkblushmaternity.com
  • Ok for anyone curious about h&m I just received an order and the size 8 skinny jeans were so teeny tiny I couldn't even get them passed my ankles (i'm usually a 6) so either first tri has wrecked me or  you need to size up like 4 sizes. The winter coat I got was M and it was HUGE. the sweater, shirt, and dress I got were fine, normal sized. 

I ordered some things from asos and ON/gap so we'll see. I'm kicking myself for thinking I was done  after two and giving away all my clothes!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tenfour I don't know if you normally shop at h&m but my regular size at any other store I'm a 4 or a 6 but at h&m II'm and 8 or a 10. Their sizes definitely run different in their regular sizes and that may be why 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @sarah0985 ah that is good to know!!

Also for anyone still looking, I just checked out a pea in the pod and they have a ton of designer jeans in their "designer outlet" section that are heavily discounted and then 30% on top of that. Some  came out cheaper than the gap ones I just ordered so it is worth a look! Hopefully something I ordered somewhere will fit.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If anyone is looking for a deal on AG skinny jeans, destination maternity is running a flash sale with several different pairs.  Still pricey, but it's nice to save a little here and there. 
  • I just got a pair of Mavi skinny maternity jeans in my most recent stitchfix. They are awesome, but pricey. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • I spent a few hours this morning transition my summer/ skinny clothes to maternity wear. I have picked up a good amount of
    maternity clothing with my first two so I am planning on only saving my favorites and
    getting rid of the things that are out of date/ not my current style. I have a ridiculous amount of long cardigans so I love the tips with Camis- I wear them all the time also and they always get worn out quickly. I think that will be my winter wardrobe. My favorite dress pants, leggings, and jeans have been Loved by Heidi Klum. I love the dress pants because they do not have the panel and never had issues with them falling down. 
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot : How's StitchFix working for you? How many pieces do you return/purchase? Nice maternity stuff? Curious over here...
  • @SKZW

This month's fix worked out well. I go back and forth on the service in general. Are you familiar with how it works? It's $20/month. They send you five pieces of clothes, accessories, and/or shoes. If you keep anything, your $20 goes towards your purchase. If you keep all 5 things you get 25% off the entire order. I've never kept all 5. Generally I keep one thing so I think it's worth it for some nice staples. I get really annoyed when I don't like any of the 5 pieces, but that's only happened a few times. This was my first maternity fix. I actually liked 3 things. But they are a little speedy so I couldn't justify keeping all 3 maternity pieces. I'll probably do 1 or 2 more maternity fixes and then stop until after I have this kid. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you a referral link. (Full disclosure: I get some $ discount for my next fix if you sign up.)

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Hey ladies, just got my Storq order yesterday. The quality is awesome. I'm already wearing the leggings (they're staying in place, it's a miracle) and you can't see through. I can't wait to try to skirt but first I need to find pregnancy tights as it's getting cold here (I live in Mexico City).
  • tenfourtenfour member
    edited November 2016
    Quick update - I ordered a bunch of jeans on apeainthepod.com, really great prices, but they keep canceling my items one by one (so far, two have been cancelled) because they are out of stock. So that's annoying! Beware.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't understand why there are NO maternity clothes near where I live?!?

There is a single Motherhood store, but the department stores, walmart, target, old Navy.. None of the one near me carry anything maternity at all!
  • @Kipperoo Can you please share the name or link to them?! I've been having the same problem finding them skinny ALL the way to the ankle! I love the fit of my Gap jeans but they are too bunchy at the bottom for any of my boots. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • I ordered just about every pair of Gap jeans for a home try on party and I thought I found a winner but after an hour they stretched and started sagging. 

Same thing with everything from Old Navy and Target. Big booty problems. 

This is getting insane. Leggings are all that fit me right now. I'm just about out of options!

May '17 labor memes
  • h&pmomma said:
    @Kipperoo Can you please share the name or link to them?! I've been having the same problem finding them skinny ALL the way to the ankle! I love the fit of my Gap jeans but they are too bunchy at the bottom for any of my boots. 
    Of course! I bought these--the wash on the last two is nearly identical except that the 1st one is an ankle length and has real pockets. I kept them all because I had such a hard time finding them:
    https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-22574-black-ankle-maternity-jeans.aspx?DepartmentID=1 
    https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-21225-blue-basic-stretch-maternity-skinny-jean.aspx?DepartmentID=1
    https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-18818-navy-blue-basic-maternity-skinny-jean.aspx?DepartmentID=1
  • @WombThereItIs I size down in the Gap jeans because they tend to sag after a couple hours. But I also remember this is the beginning where regular clothes don't fit and maternity clothes are awkwardly too big still! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @Kipperoo thank you! I'm so excited to hear that there is a REAL skinny maternity jean! Especially since I want to wear all my cute boots and booties! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14