May 2017 Moms

Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

Re: Clothes: Maternity and Otherwise

• Other than tanks... I've never owned a nursing top... Currently cooking baby #4

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• @Kipperoo Thanks for the tip!! I'm having the same issue with other brands...can't wait to check out Pink Blush!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FYI, Destination Maternity has some nice deals online right now. A lot of their clothes are buy one get one 50% off. Plus you can get an extra 25% off your total (code: family25). And today is free shipping over $125.
  • For everyone that have bought leggings...have you found any favorites yet? All of the stores around me have phased out their maternity sections so I'm going to have to order online, but I hate ordering without knowing their quality/thickness.
  • @MoshiMoshi7 pea in the pod. I have both their regular and the thicker French terry and I love them both. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @starphish18 thanks for the tip on Destination Maternity! I just ordered my first 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a winter jacket :smile: Free 2 day shipping means they should be here by Thanksgiving and I won't have to be uncomfortable the whole day!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NurseK2016 Glad I could help! I ordered my first maternity items from them today. They had some cute sweaters! I hope they work out. 
  • In case anyone is still looking for bra deals...Victoria's Secret is have a deal until midnight tonight. 25% off a single item and free shipping on any order over $25. The codes are Freeship25 and Save25VS
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MoshiMoshi7 @WombThereItIs thank you for the leggings tip--I'm currently wearing my favorite non maternity leggings I just sized up but I don't know how long this will last. 

I mentioned this in a Randoms thread but thought I'd put here that Isabella Oliver is having their mid-season sale. Watch out though, I thought I'd be smart and grab some stuff for later in the pregnancy but my sister realized the return policy is 14 measly days, so I'm not going to risk it since it's still pricey even with the sale. I just ordered a couple of things I know will fit right now and that I will enjoy. 
  • LulaRoe since they're OS I know they'll grow with. Plus, super soft and a wide waistband. Wearing a oslid black pair today with a sweater dress :)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Ditto on lularoe. I do feel the need to fold the band since I don't like feeling it on my belly at this stage. I'm hoping that will change as I grow and get firmer.

• carter604carter604 member
    edited November 2016
    Pinkblush Maternity has a big sale! 40% off
    Promo code: SHOPSGIVING
    www.pinkblushmaternity.com
  • @MoshiMoshi7 I have the Storq leggings. They are great!
  • Thanks @carter604! I hadn't looked at Pinkblush until now. They have some really cute stuff.
  • If anybody is still shopping, Target has 40% off jeans today only both online or in store (with cartwheel), including maternity.

https://hip2save.com/2016/12/15/target-40-off-mens-womens-jeans-today-only-including-maternity-online-and-in-store/

• I just bought two pair of maternity jeans from Destination Maternity (the only maternity shopping near me). They were buy one get one 50% off, and are both full panel. I'm just wondering, is full panel the norm? It feels really weird to me, probably just because I've never had pants come up to nearly my boobs before. I feel like it would be uncomfortable once I have a watermelon crammed in there and that panel is stretched more against me. I'm considering trying to order a pair of the low panel jeans, but I was just hoping for some thoughts on panel types. Anyone have a certain preference, and why?

h&pmomma, I noticed you said you don't like full panel...why's that?
  • @starphish18 I had tried both low and full panel in store and just found full panel to be more comfortable. I just folded the full panel earlier on them when my belly got bigger I left it unfolded. Sometimes folding it is annoying because it doesnt look smooth under a fitted tee. With the colder weather and thicker sweaters its not as big of a deal.It wouldn't hurt to try the other kind, I think its just one of those each to their own thing.

• @pshaortao I wish I could try a low panel without having to order them online and risk paying to ship them back. I tried folding the full panel down, but it cut in too much, like the band of my normal jeans. But then I wonder if that's how the low panel will feel. I know the full panel stretches, but I honestly feel like there might not end up being enough room in there. It's already snug. I'm probably going to wear leggings most of the time anyways, but I want jeans for work. FTM problems over here. 
  • @starphish18 it could just be the panel on those jeans you don't like too. I am a full panel fan but they aren't all created equa, some are comfier and stretchier than othersl. I got massive last time and they still worked at the end. 

For me i I didn't like the low panel because it gave me a weird shape. The dreaded B belly. The side panel ones I was constantly yanking up. Squinting at your avatar on my tiny phone screen you look like a small gal though so the low panel may work perfectly well. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @starphish18 My vote is for full panel too, but agree not all panels are created equal. I remember liking the panel in Jessica Simpson because it was soft and extremely streatchy. It also helped smooth everything and gave the best shape. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @WombThereItIs I think you're right. The two brands I got were different. One is Indigo, and that band feels comfy. The other, Jessica Simpson, is the one that feels tight already. @Louise_Belcher Funny you just mentioned that one. I'll try wearing it around the house a bit, but I might end up returning that one. 
  • FWIW I got 4 pairs of nicer pants I can wear on my clinic days from Destination Maternity.  I was not excited about going there, as everything on their website seems really expensive. However, once we got there everything was on sale and it was nice to be able to try things on in real life instead of having to order things online. But I love my pants! They're all full panel but seem very comfy. I wish people could wear maternity clothes all the time! No buttons or snaps or zippers to dig in when you've over indulged. I got a couple sweaters but plan to mostly wear big/stretchy tops since it will be much warmer by 30ish weeks or so!
  • @starphish18. I prefer full panel.  I find that the lower panel fit cuts into the belly and has a muffin top effect.  
  • Echoing the full panel love above. I found that as my stomach got bigger, the low panel would flip down awkwardly and uncomfortably. And before I was really big, they just slid down all of the time. Right now, I'm rocking some full panels from Pink Blush but the panel is almost TOO stretchy, so I'm wearing a spandex-y tank under my sweater to help hold it up.

Also, I may be in the minority here, but as my stomach grew in the 3rd tri, I found that I really liked the feeling of the bump being supported/kind of held up? by the full panel. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo oh that third tri comment reminds me of something. Full panel are great for late third tri if you end up using a support belt, I put the belt on over the panel and it was a nice barrier between me and the itchy belt. You do have to the. Take it off every time you pee but it was so worth it. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Just a heads up, Destination Maternity has some really good combined online deals going on right now. They have 50% off sale items (which makes many sale shirts, for instance, around $10) and 30% off almost everything else. Plus, if you've shopped there anytime recently, you should have a savings pass that started today for $15 off $75, $30 off $125, etc.
  • ASOS has a pretty decent maternity sale right now and their stuff is cute!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @starphish18 Sorry for the late reply! I don't like full panel because the band is super uncomfortable especially the further along I get. I think I have a longer torso though so the band hits in a weird spot. Plus I didn't like seeing the line of the band through my shirts. I need tall/long inseam more often than not so I have to do mostly online shopping and I hate it. 
    My favorites are the low panel from Gap and I recently came across the new side panel from Target. I never been a Target jean fan but in a desperate attempt to find some that I could actually try on in store these worked and I love them! They have a true button and just a side stretch in the panel. I highly highly recommend them! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • sorry, not sorry to resurrect this. I figured it makes more sense than starting a new thread, and a lot of us are probably getting to a new stage to do some shopping again.

I'm looking for 2 dresses and would love additional suggestions of where to look.
    1. A dress for my baby shower. Something above the knee, gold or silver would be preferred.
    2. A dress for maternity photo's, something gown like
    3. (I lied above, I have a 3rd) good nursing dresses that don't look like nursing.

Shop suggestions? I've checked Pink Blush, Motherhood, Asos...so far.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Oh no, I forgot about looking nice for my baby shower. *sigh* I guess I'll be following along to see what suggestions are given for maternity dress shopping.
  • ASOS is my go to, but maybe try Amazon, Pea in the Pod, or Macy's. Also Seraphine has beautiful dresses, but on the pricey side. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • ASOS has pretty good dress options! 

@nda_roxybabe Aren't you a LLR consultant?! Julia dress for your shower, you could have totally snagged a gold or silver one from the Elegance Collection! 

And +1 for the don't invest in actual "nursing clothes". I just pulled the neckline down (vnecks mostly) or pulled the shirt up! I'm also a full nursing cover wearer while nursing though so that's why it probably works for me, I'm not worried about covering my stomach/back or having something that just opens slightly. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    edited February 2017
    @WombThereItIs That would work except my wardrobe is 95% this style:

So once baby is born I'll have only a few things I could wear for nursing/pumping. I rarely wear pants and come May I wont be wearing them at all (too hot!)

ETA: I'll have to try some wrap dresses. I've never worn them before because I've always been too small on top to fill them out. I have a few spaghetti strap jersey dresses that'd work, but cant wear to work. I need them to make A-lines that snap on the shoulder.

1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe Amelia dress backwards for nursing, just zip it down :wink:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @hp_momma Yes! I totally forgot I intend to do that. I'm going to order a bunch, in just my size, haha. H might have a cow, but *shrugs*
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Nursing tank tops under a regular shirt work well enough. I also got some of these super stretchy tees from Target for at home only that I thought were easy to pull down (Im smaller chested in case thats a factor). I didnt care if they got worn out since they are cheap but comfortable

• hp_momma said:
    ASOS has pretty good dress options! 

@nda_roxybabe Aren't you a LLR consultant?! Julia dress for your shower, you could have totally snagged a gold or silver one from the Elegance Collection! 

And +1 for the don't invest in actual "nursing clothes". I just pulled the neckline down (vnecks mostly) or pulled the shirt up! I'm also a full nursing cover wearer while nursing though so that's why it probably works for me, I'm not worried about covering my stomach/back or having something that just opens slightly. 
    Haha, I am! I put out a request to my team about any elegant collection dresses.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @pshaortao Yepp! Those cheap target vnecks were my go to nursing tshirt! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Good to know about the vnecks! I have some from Old Navy and Target! 

Ugh...I bought a pair of jeans from Target, only tried on one pair which was probably my first mistake, but they are big on me...like falling off big! When I tried them on they didn't seem that bad and I figured I'd grow into them, but omg they are driving me nuts! I think I'm going to have to buy another pair! 

I haven't purchased much since my dresses and some skirts seem to work still. I've just been wearing those and H&M leggings. I've only purchased the jeans, a pair of shorts, 2 tanks, and a couple of maternity shirts. I've purchased regular dresses and shirts too that are flowy enough that they work. Not enough for a completely new wardrobe or to have to really put them away, although I don't change out my wardrobe based on seasons since we pretty much have on here in SWFL, hot, with a few days that are "cold" about this time. 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin