**TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    @brooklyngirl18 I was thinking the same thing about picking some up just to try it out this cycle. The whole insertion thing before DTD is kinda off-putting for me though...

@tscalei I always rely more on my EWCM even though I still temp and use OPKs. I've found it to be more reliable bc my sleep schedule is sometimes wonky for temping and I can't always have a 3-4 hr hold for reliable OPKs since I drink so much water!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NewMommyCoop I use them too and that happened to me last cycle.  I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was going on and then I got the solid smiley after 5 days of flasheys.  

I'm CD 10 today and this morning I got a flashey smiley indicating estrogen rise.  I usually don't get any indication that O is approaching until like CD 17.  AF just stopped 2 days ago and already an estrogen rise??  I'm so confused!
  • Options
    @szwill86 TMI warning...I didn't insert beforehand, we used as necessary externally and it was totally fine. I only ran out and bought it last night because I thought I was ovulating yesterday, otherwise I would have primed it.

I don't usually hold for 3-4 hours and I drink a lot of water also, maybe that's why I always have issues with opk. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @NewMommyCoop I should also add that last cycle after I got the solid, I didn't get a temp rise for 5 days.  So who knows what was going on - my best guess is that my body prepped to O and then took its damn time actually getting around to it.
  • Options
    @TScalei since I don't temp or use OPK (yet) I'm with you on EWCM. That and the calendar.
  • Options
    @migdala Hmmm, very interesting. Well, I guess I will see what happens tomorrow. Do you have regular cycles (around 28 days or so)? I am CD14 today and usually O on CD13 and AF comes around 28 or 29 days, so if I don't O soon, I will have a short LP. I don't temp, so that won't help me. I don't sleep well and don't get up at the same time everyday. Also, I don't tend to notice EWCM when we BD a lot. I do know TMI that we don't need any lube around O time and we definitely haven't needed it.

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited October 2016
    @NewMommyCoop I've seen lots of women complain about this problem on here. Estrogen production is triggered by the maturing follicle. Estrogen tells your body to start producing fertile CM, and it helps prepare the endometrium for the luteal phase. If you track CM and regularly see fertile quality CM, I think the CB Advanced OPKs are redundant. Estrogen surges can vary in length, and sometimes bodies are just weird and like to do different things from cycle to cycle. As much as we all wish, our bodies aren't machines, unfortunately. 

ETA: the estrogen surge eventually triggers the LH surge, so keep testing. You should eventually get that solid smiley. I have seen anecdotes on here where women have gotten the flashing smiley for over a week first.

ETA2: Actually, @NewMommyCoop, if you O late then you can expect to have a cycle longer than normal (past CD28 for you). The follicular phase (pre-ovulation) is what determines cycle length. It can be as long or as short as it wants, and it can vary widely from woman to woman and cycle to cycle. Your luteal phase, on the other hand, will rarely vary by more than a day. So if you have a 14 day LP but don't O until CD20, then you can expect a 34 day cycle before AF shows up. Bodies can be weird. I usually have cycles between 28 and 34 days, but once my body threw in a 39 day cycle just for funsies. I definitely wasn't pregnant. I just wanted to bring that up so you aren't sitting there on CD29 with a BFN and no period and wondering WTF is going on.
  • Options
    Thank you @riversong15 I really appreciate the information. Ugh! That will definitely be a first for me. The longest cycle (except when I intentionally skipped with BC) was 30 days (once). Let's just hope this cycle will be a positive and AF won't show at all! I will keep testing though.

• Options
    @brooklyngirl18 haha you must have read my mind bc after I posted I fell down a google rabbit hole on insertion/external usage. People said that externally it dried up quickly- did you find that to be the case? I might just pick some up anyways and do some trial and error this weekend
  • Options
    @szwill86 i guess it did dry up but it was my first time using lube ever (i know!) so I didn't really know what to expect. I didn't insert it because I remember reading on here some girls saying it was way too much so I figured we would start with a little and add if necessary. I don't think I will insert next time, maybe just add more externally. we plan to bd again tonight so i'll let you know how it goes if you want lol...for science.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18

I read most people used half the recommended amount or less when using internally. Who knows. I guess you do you and see what works best? Lol
  • Options
    ***living child mentioned *****

@NewMommyCoop; I use CB advanced and have since I started trying to get pregnant.  With my son, my first pregnancy,  I got flashing smiley for a few days before solid smiley each month we TTC until we got pregnant.  Shortly after my son was born we started trying for baby number 2.   My cycles were crazy and I would get like one day with flashing smiley then go to low or I would go from low to peak non flashing.  I was all over the place.   After 3  months we got pregnant but MC at 10 weeks.  I'm on 2nd cycle post MC.  1st one I had all lows and one day with a flashing smiley.  I'm hoping to see smiley faces in a few days as I'm on CD 12.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will have good results this month!

@brooklyngirl18; amen to Pre Seed!  I have been using since the beginning and I love it.  Not to mention it was designed to help carrry sperm to where it needs to go!  
  • Options
    @NewMommyCoop I *used* to have regular 28 day cycles, but since the MC I've been all over the place.  I am the same way about not needing any lube when I'm close to O, and this morning we definitely did not need any, so maybe it's just going to happen really early this month.  Also I know it makes me a hypocrite to say "don't worry" since I'm worrying about EVERYTHING in my own cycle, but maybe this cycle will just be a longer one for you, so even if you O late you might not have a short LP.  I swear I used to be like clockwork and now everything is nonsensical chaos, so I guess you never know...
  • Options
    NewMommyCoopNewMommyCoop member
    edited October 2016
    @mack2342 They seemed to work the same for me after my first two losses, and I got a solid smiley on CD10 after this last MC. AF came a little early, but I really thought everything with my body/cycle seemed to be on track/normal. Ugh, this stinks. Yes FX for you too!

@migdala You're right, it is hard to not worry! I will obviously (insert eye roll) feel better if I can get that solid smiley. Plus I think DH is getting a little wore out. BD five days in a row, plus he has had two bad asthma attacks. Hopefully he is up for it (no pun intended) at least a few more days!
    Edited because I can't spell

• Options
    @NewMommyCoop - I used CBE advanced this month. I got 4 days of flashing and then solid smiley on 5th day.... which was CD12 for me
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    Oh, I hope that will be my case @ladipale

• Options
    My cycle has been fairly regular after my MC, so I'm just trying checking CM and stopping temping this cycle. I've Oed regularly, and I just can't handle doing OPK strips so hopefully this is enough.

I wish I could just get myself to relax about this whole process but nooooo
  • Options
    @lin0442 I don't know anyone relaxes in this TTC process, much less when TTCAL! :smile:
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    CD 14 with an equal darkness OPK last night and a super dark OPK this morning. I mean, that thing showed up before the control line did. We've DTD the last 3 days so I guess we need to keep it up for a day or two. 

*******TW*********
    One of the moms from my sons BMB announced her pregnancy yesterday and it's always so hard for me. I am one of the last in our group who wants another to not have another or be pregnant now. It's just been weighing on me a lot lately. It's not that I'm not happy for them, I am, but I find myself not commenting on the posts because I just can't. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options

@taggarab I don't know if this sounds werid, but I'm ok with seeing, hearing about, talk to, holding, etc. wanted and tried for babies. People who aren't really sure or don't really want a baby and get pregnant to only complain....those I can't take...at all!!

• Options
    Agreed @flipflopped. It really the announcements that get me. I love on friends babies all the time. I just see posts with those 2 pink lines and I start thinking about all the tests I have stared a hole through willing a second line to show up.
    Married 5/08
    TTCAL 3/16
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    I'm with you @Taggarab. Babies don't phase me at all but seeing an announcement there's a 99% chance I'll have a major meltdown. I've seen so many negative tests at this point I think I've convinced myself I'll never see a positive. Is it sad I remember vividly the only day I've ever seen a BFP...2/5/15...sigh
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Not sad at all @SoonToBeMommaHowe. While not my BFP, the date I had surgery and lost my ectopic baby is burned in my brain forever.
    Married 5/08
    TTCAL 3/16
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @Taggarab Seconded. February 26 (EDD) and July 22 (D&C) will probably always be private days of mourning for me.
  • Options
    So far I have been relatively ok with friends of mine and my sil during their pregnancies this year, but seeing strangers walking around with pregnant bellies would take my breath away. I feel myself starting to have a harder time with people I actually know who are pregnant and I dread going down that road. I think there are several women in my life who will likely get pregnant soon and I so badly want to be happy for them but it'll only get harder as time goes on without getting pregnant myself. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    I feel ya ladies...I feel like the first BFP I ever saw will be the only one. I feel like I will never see another positive and it makes me feel like crap. Is it pathetic that I kept the test just in case it's the only one ever?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like @brooklyngirl18 , I've been more affected by strangers who are pregnant - or at least I'm much more aware of them.  There are pregnant women everywhere lately.  I have an acquaintance/friend who is pregnant but she lives far away so I only see her pregnancy through Facebook, which is easy enough to hide (though I did attend her baby shower while in limbo with my latest CP).  I think I'll be okay until a close friend or family member announces a pregnancy ... especially as I draw nearer and nearer to the anniversary of my first loss. 

I am on CD17 and feeling crampy like I might O soon, though the CBAD was low fertility this morning.  Of course I forgot to bring a wondfo to work today.  I also learned that my TSH levels increased to 3.2, so my Levothyroxine prescription is going to increase.  My prolactin levels have also increased, which per the nurse could be a bad measure because of the recent CP.  That frustrates me because I specifically asked about testing and the effect of the CP and she said previously it'd be fine. I think ultimately I'll be referred to an endocrinologist.  It has been a frustrating and unusually emotional morning for me. 

• Options

@moofish2364 I personally have never kept a test because pee...it's gross to me. But whatever you need to do for you is the right choice. I would never judge about keeping something that is important to you.

• Options
    I'm still not sure if I o'd or not. I usually O day 18/19 and i mistakenly thought yesterday was day 20 but today is actually day 20. I usually temp around 730 but i woke up at 530 and temped then with a very low temp. I went back to sleep and temped again closer to my normal time at it was higher so I'm not sure which temp to go with. I should mention DH wakes up at 515 everyday so i usually wake up for a few minutes and go back to sleep and temp around 730 when I'm up for good. I'm kicking myself for temping at 530 but I was so anxious to see if my temp went up and then i was restless for the next 2 hours. arg!
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    It seems like pg women and newborn babies are EVERYWHERE now that its on my mind. Walking past my window at work, Target, on tv go out to eat to distract from ttcal - baby at the next table. Im sure it just because Im more aware of it but I swear there weren't so many pg peope around before.
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    edited October 2016
    My new trigger is maternity photo shoots on Facebook of young mom's to be who didn't plan to be pregnant and caption their glowing photo posts with things like " God can make miracles out of our mistakes " or things like that. 

Also, as someone who's never mastered temping: do any of you guys have thermometer recommendations? I've tried before with drugstore thermometers, but my temps have never made sense to me.

Right now I'm using wondfo opks, but they are frustrating the hell out of me. 

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    @allowachick when I first started temping I used a regular thermometer but switched to a mabis thermometer based on recommendations from some ladies in this group and it's much better now. You can find it on amazon for like $8. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @szwill86 just wanted to let you know we bd last night and I inserted the pre seed a few minutes ahead of time and I found it lasted longer. very tmi but hey, I'm all for tip sharing and tmi these days lol
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @allowachick Quotes like that make me sick :(
  • Options
    I am so frustrated today. Still getting flashing smiley on the CB Advanced. And, as I suspected, DH didn't want to BD last night. I really thought I would be KU'd this month and now I feel like there is no chance at all. Sorry for the pity party, just feeling emotional and sad today.

• Options
    So sorry @NewMommyCoop, that's so frustrating! There's still hope for this cycle, though! Once you get a solid smiley, you still have 12-48 hours until O.
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 Thank you for being positive. It's hard to when there is such a small window only once a month!
    If I don't get a solid, does that mean I didn't O? Is it possible to get a flashing smiley after O?

• Options
    @newmommycoop don't be sorry! we all have bad days. Chin up! you still have time once you get a solid smiley, hang in there.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    laeberge3laeberge3 member
    edited October 2016
    @allowachick I use the Mabis as well; it's inexpensive on amazon.  That quote - wow! I don't think I've seen that one, which is probably a good thing.

@NewMommyCoop Sorry this is being a frustrating cycle.  I've had days of flashing smiley before too.  Like RiverSong15 said, you still have time to HIO.  I can't remember - are you temping also?  That's probably the only way to confirm if you did O, even without a solid smiley.  GL!