TTC After a Loss
Options

****October WTO *****

Re: ****October WTO *****

• Options
    Kind of depressed to be back over here again, but I know that having a pity party isn't going to change anything. Plus we are on family vacation so I don't want to deal with all the crap that will go along with me looking down so trying to put on a happy face. I go for my annual appointment beginning of next month and I hope I can have a good talk with my GYN about when I should really start being concerned. I just wish my body would get it's damn shit together  :|
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    **TW loss mentioned**

Hey everyone!  Well after a long two weeks of doctors appointments we finally got answers and got the approval to move forward this month trying. 
    After 12 miscarriages (all first trimester) and one stillbirth, I finally got answers.  I was diagnosed with APS or Hughes syndrome.  
    So now I'm on metformin, an aspirin regiment, and ready to try.  I'm on cd9 and excitedly WTO.  I'm hoping to get a positive OPK on Monday or Tuesday, but we'll see.  
    **TW loss mentioned **

12 miscarriages in first marriage (2007-2011)
    Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    Daughter stillborn at 22 weeks - 09/09/2013
    Married my best friend - 09/03/2016
    Genetic testing came back with APS - 10/03/2016
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
    EDD of Rainbow baby - 07/30/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    szwill86szwill86 member
    edited October 2016
    Long time no see, @sparrowmomma24 :# Glad that you found a source for your losses and are on a good plan to help you going forward with TTC. FX for a positive OPK for you!
  • Options
    So sorry for all your losses @sparrowmomma24. You are such a strong woman <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe ugh I'm so sorry! I know the feeling. With EWCM showing up on CD19, hopefully you get more today and a rise this weekend. I know my O can vary between 14 and 19 for me on a normal cycle. This cycle I had a positive OPK on cd16 and EWCM cd14-19. I had fake out temp rise and I'm pretty sure my actual O date is CD19 and not CD 17 like FF says.
  • Options
    @Taggarab I am sorry this is happening to you.  I know it sucks when you have to hide the way you are really feeling to help others.  I actually feel it's easier to grieve in private.  I've been faking "ok" for 3 weeks now.  The only people I feel truly understand are people here.  Hang in there.

@sparrowmomma24  I hope that these answers ease your worries and give you hope!  Good luck in the journey!
  • Options
    Thanks @szwill86! I stayed off of the bump for a bit while I was going through all the doctor's appointments and tests.  It was a LONG week for me.  Plus, the metformin is making me super sick and I've literally come home from work, had a quick meal, and gone to bed. 

Thank you @justsuzie and @SoonToBeMommaHowe
    **TW loss mentioned **

Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
  • Options
    @sparrowmomma24 I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis. The prognosis for APS patients and pregnancy is greatly improved once you start treatment. Do you know if they are going to have you on Lovenox (heparin) once you are pregnant?

@Taggarab I'm so sorry you find yourself back here.

@justsuzie My cycle immediately following my MCs were on the longer end of normal for me. My cycles immediately after were normal. Some women regulate very quickly, while others can take several months. I hope you get back to normal sooner rather than later. As for tracking, I started temping after my first MC once my HPTs were negative.

@SoontobeMommaHowe Come on ovaries! Get moving!

@chloe97 I'm so sorry for all the stress you're going through. With sleep deprivation and meds, I'm not sure you should put too much stock in actual numbers and just assume you ovulated sometime in those three days. I don't think it says anything definitive about egg quality when you have so many other factors affecting you temps. Also, you may have a fallback rise pattern, where temps drop below cover line on 2 or 3 DPO and then spike again. That's a normal pattern described in TCOYF and doesn't mean anything about egg quality. Hugs for all the stress though!
  • Options
    kidriakidria member
    edited October 2016
    I had to take a few days away from Bumb because of work and so much has happened!  

@chloe97 I am so sorry for all of your health frustrations.  It can feel so defeating when your body won't fall in line with your desires.  The stress and sleeplessness is certainly warranted.  I'm sure each and every one of us here would wave a magic wand for you to have it all go away.  

@sparrowmomma24 I can only imagine how difficult and heart breaking this process has been for you.  It must feel like a massive weight has been lifted to have a diagnosis that explains the losses in a way "it's just bad luck" never will.  So happy for you that you have a plan and a path forward!

@justsuzie My cycles pre-pregnancy felt quite short (24 days).  When AF finally came post-miscarriage, the first few cycles were 28 and 29 days.  It was a treat, if being not-pregnant could be a treat.  This cycle has shortened.  I can only assume I've started a slow march back to 24 days.  Hopefully, I'll be KU before that happens!

@Taggarab So sorry you're back here.  Happily/sadly, you're in good company.

As for me, I'm off the bench this cycle so I'm here for the next 13-ish days waiting to O.  It's CD1 and I'm already driving myself nuts!  This can't be good...
  • Options
    I seem to have all of the signs that O is imminent, just no temp rise yet. I'm without a proper AF since the MMC on 8/5, so I'm not precisely sure what CD I'm on, but based upon my temps and such, I think I'm on CD14.

FX for a temp shift tomorrow!!!
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • Options
    Used clearblue advanced ovulation this cycle and because I'm a crazy person, i also took some cheapie OPKs and they lined up! Peak day today so we will be BDing tonight.. which makes 3 nights in a row and then we wait... I'm not temping this cycle because my sleep schedule is a nightmare 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

I'm only 4 BFNs after my MC, but trying to be more proactive. I'm waiting on a call back from the OB office to see what the first steps they will suggest at the point I 'qualify' for infertility services. I know I need a mental health balance of how much tracking and focus I put into TTC. More waiting....

• Options
    @NewMommyCoop - Glad you got away with DH and were able to reconnect. and yeah for getting off the bench!!
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    @NewMommyCoop yah! Congrats!  good luck this month.
  • Options
    laeberge3laeberge3 member
    edited October 2016
    Hanging out in WTO sometimes is the worst ... when you have long cycles, I feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs for weeks before anything happens.  I've also fallen down the Google rabbit hole when it comes to understanding thyroid issues.  My TSH levels, when last tested, were 2.78 so I'm on a low dose of Levothyroxine to hopefully help them level out, but now I've been wondering, since this wasn't caught until this summer post-MC when my body was going crazy, if I've had the thyroid issues for much longer and just didn't know it.  I fit many of the symptoms - inability to lose weight easily, cold feet, irregular cycles, and I suspect that some were anovulatory (wasn't temping prior to my first bfp).  While I'm glad to be hopefully getting this all worked out, part of me is still ticked that this was never discovered before by any doctors.  Ahhh, sometimes I just wish I was still naive again about this whole TTC process ... back when I didn't know everything that could go wrong. 

Sorry for the mini-vent.  It's just been a long week.  Hope everyone is well. 

ETA:  I've also had my free T3 and T4 levels tested; they look "normal" but I won't get to discuss whether they really are with my doctor until November 2.  Still trying to learn what this all really means.
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    Hey, ladies! Back here at CD 1. Just wanted to say hi. 

• Options
    So, I go here now.  It's better than being at the end of the TWW and seeing one BFN after another.  CD 4 and still feel like I'm hemorrhaging - my periods have gotten SO much more intense since the MC.  This is TMI but I was in a meeting on CD 2 and I sweat through my shirt trying not to cry because of the cramps.  I went home right afterwards and worked the rest of the day in the fetal position.  Called the midwives and they told me it was normal for this to happen and that it might just be this way from now on ... the surprises just keep coming!
  • Options
    Sorry for CD1 @szwill86

Approaching my FW and used a Clearblue OPK this morning and of course it showed an error message. I just have such problems with these they are SO finicky and it so frustrating. I feel mostly mad at myself for continuing to spend $40 on these but Im not consistent enough with temping so I feel like the OPKS do help. Guess I will track my CM keep trying to use the OPKs and hope for the best. Im having my HSG blue dye test tmrw in the am and Im just hoping Im not too sore and crampy to HIO this weekend.
  • Options
    @szwill86 sorry you're back here :( 
    @migdala  I'm right there with you with more intense periods post loss. TMI and TW but last cycle I woke up with blood all over my pj's and sheets. i was like WTF is happening right now?? that hasn't happened since I was a teenager.

I'm here at CD13, I usually O around CD 18-19 so I'm prepping for lots of BD in the coming days.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 It really feels like insult to injury, doesn't it? Hopefully we don't have to deal with it again for 10+ months... fx fx fx.  Good luck with all the BD!
  • Options
    szwill86szwill86 member
    edited October 2016
    @migdala I hear you re:being here instead of seeing BFN after BFN. It's a little discouraging for me to see all these BFPs, but I know my time will come (sooner rather than later, please!). I hope AF isn't as bad as it is now for future cycles- heck, hopefully this is the last cycle you'll have to deal with it before your BFP!  :)

@tscalei good luck at your test tmrw! Hope everything is ok to HIO after ;)

@brooklyngirl18 good luck with the BDing! FX for good timing. Are you using OPKs?
  • Options
    @szwill86 i will start opk tonight, i usually have a hard time with them but i found anold package of first reponse opk so i'll try those with wondfos and see what happens. honestly i have zero hope for this cycle already and am more looking forward to my RE appointment next month.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    NewMommyCoopNewMommyCoop member
    edited October 2016
    Rant - Eight days (albeit it very light), but I am used to a three or four day very light period. When will this stop? Ugh!

Edited from 7 to 8
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    stephann85stephann85 member
    edited October 2016
    This work week has been crazy. I'm currently CD 11, and had a pre O temp drop. This is only my 2nd cycle temping, but I had a similar drop last cycle on CD 11 and had probable October on CD 14. Hoping to HIO the next few days and hope for the best. FX for all this month/cycle. 

Edited for spelling
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TScalei good luck on your test tomorrow, FX everything turns out great. I hear you on the expensive OPKs too, I was using them for my first 2 bfp and they can give you some weird messages. The first set I bought the reader piece was dead and they sent me a whole new pack. I am trying a couple cycles without and just temping. Not sure if I will go back or not, they are really expensive. Best of luck... see you in the TWW soon!
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NewMommyCoop same here. I'm very used to a light 3 day af and I'm on 5 days of a very heavy one. 

New here. TW: I had my first mc on Sept 11th at 9 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and would have been both our first child. We very much want to get pregnant again. I bought Clearblue OPKs last month but never got a smiley. It was my first month using them. With the mc who knows if I even ovulated. My cycles are always longer and I never really kept track of them so this is all new to me. At the first us the baby dated younger than we had thought it should have been and I've been kicking myself that I never paid attention to the length of my cycles. This cycle after the mc was 35 days which seems about right.

I have been obsessing over TTC and needed to find people who can relate. All my friends already have kids and I'm starting this journey later than them. My SO is more if it happens thats great attitude and I have the attitude of wanting to take control of something that in the end I may never have that much control over. Im also worried about another mc. So all in all my thoughts are all over the place. 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I was hoping this month would possibly work but I'm getting discouraged. It's our first month attempting after years of waiting, but I still hoped. My temps have been all over the board and no ovulation yet. I'm still early (cd16) but my temps are just wacky. My cervix is the right position, no EWCM yet but I have spotting and what feels like ovulation pain.  Oh well. My 30th bday is Saturday so FX for birthday luck!
    **TW loss mentioned **

Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
  • Options
    @sparrowmomma24 I hope that things settle out and you do have luck for your birthday!
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @stephann85- I know sometimes I feel the OPKS give me more grief and anxiety than anything else. See you in the TWW - hopefully soon!
  • Options
    @Mackey15 - Welcome here - this Board is great for finding people that you can relate too. Im sorry your thoughts are all over the place but that's pretty typical after a mc and while ttcal I think. Fx for you this cycle!
  • Options
    @Mackey15 Welcome and I am very sorry for your loss. On a whim I used the Clear Blue OPK 10 days after the start of my miscarriage and had a smiley face. I was still bleeding a bit, so I was very surprised. I started my period 13 days later and I am fairly certain I Od when I had the smiley face. I don't temp, but I have been using mymonthlycycles.com to track my cycles. I have a very consistent 28 day cycle, even after being on the pill for 20 years, and only having a period four times a year for about 14 of those. I hope AF eases up soon. I think my rant yesterday was successful because I have not had any spotting since yesterday evening.

@sparrowmomma24 Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hopefully you have something fun planned. 
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    @Mackey15 I'm so sorry for your loss.  I also feel a kind of primal urge to conceive again as quickly as possible.  Intellectually, DH and I are on the same page -- we would love a baby, but our lives are also great as-is -- but he doesn't have this animalistic component that I do, that feels like a NEED to be pregnant again.  Like something is missing until I am.  It feels very raw and I don't really understand it.

@sparrowmomma24 Happy 30th tomorrow!  I just turned 30 as well.  I hear the 30s are better than the 20s :)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately no birthday luck for me. At work today I felt strange and ran to the bathroom. I'm supposed to be cd16 today but my period started again with a vengeance. Huge clots, tons of bleeding and lots of cramps. Back to cd1 I guess.

***edit at 1:20am...
    Passed what I think is a dicidual clot. Felt just like a m/c. I'll call my dr Monday to confirm it. I tried to talk to the on call nurse tonight but she was an idiot trying to explain "bad periods" to me. No thanks....

**TW loss mentioned **

Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
  • Options
    well, i have no f'ing idea what's going on with my cycle this month. I usually O between cd18-20 and I had one weird cycle a few months back I possibly O'd CD 11. that month I  had a weird temp pattern, early period and no +opk. anyway I'd CD 15 today, I usually start getting ewcm around cd 13/14 and so far nothing. I started opk cd 13 and had a faint 2nd line on cd13, cd 14 and today it's stark white. I assumed i had a super early O but I haven't had any temp change. what in the fuck is going on? false surge possibly? late O this month given i haven't started ewcm? i usually have like 6 days of ewcm. so annoyed and confused. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 If you haven't had a temp shift, I'd guess you still haven't o'd yet. I hope your body figures itself out soon. I know how frustrating this can be! 

FF gave me crosshairs today for O day on CD 9. I was dumbfounded. I usually O around CD 25. I did just have a CP, so any things possible, but I didn't notice EWCM. Of course I took my first OPK for the cycle on CD 10 (it was negative). I've been under the weather and almost feverish for the last few days so I hope it's just that that FF is seeing. If I really did O, then we had no BD at all and it would be my shortest cycle ever. I'm hoping it was just a sickness related temp rise.
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @laeberge3 that's what I'm thinking too but the faint opk a few days ago and stark white since have me questioning things. I guess we'll see in the next few days. 

Hopefully FF is wrong with your crosshairs and you still have a shot this month. I hope you feel better! I'm a but under the weather also, seems like something has been going around :( 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 OPKs can definitely give false surges and only say that you *might* ovulate in 12-48 hours. If you haven't seen a temp rise, I'd keep taking the OPKs and keep having sex until you see a temp rise. That's the only method to confirm O.