February 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Gear - Questions/Opinions/Suggestions

Re: Baby Gear - Questions/Opinions/Suggestions

• Options
    @leslie1331 I used the fleece ones and never noticed that my son was too hot or sweating. I'm in South MS though so we only have a couple months on real cold weather, but our house stays fairly cold in the winter even with the heater so I think they were just right for us. If you keep your house warm I would either use the cotton ones with a sleeper or the fleece with maybe a onesie. 
  • Options
    Thanks @jstringfellow19 and @lfrank12! I think the onesie with some socks sounds like a good idea if she seems too hot. The things I obsess about.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leslie1331, we're using the cotton ones with a onesie underneath. His room is about 72 most of the time. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're also using cotton ones with a onsie underneath & a room temperature of about 18 celcius. We do have a few different tog ones for when the weather is colder though.
  • Options
    I just went to order some pack n play sheets since I realized we don't have any. And it got me thinking, we have a waterproof pad for the crib mattress.... do they make those for the PNP? And what about when he is in the bassinet? I feel like this is a dumb question but I want to keep those things dry and keep them from getting ruined.
  • Options
    I don't know about the bassinet but I think the PnP bed piece is covered in vinyl and already waterproof. 
  • Options
    ohstars said:
    I don't know about the bassinet but I think the PnP bed piece is covered in vinyl and already waterproof. 

Oh good thanks! That's what I thought but knowing my luck, I would assume that and it wouldn't be waterproof.
  • Options
    I mean, I probably wouldn't dump a cup of water on it but I'm pretty sure that whatever leaks through the sheet can be wiped up. 
  • Options
    @jlellis603 I bought these ones for our mini crib that't in our room. They also fit a PNP, if you end up deciding you want a cover for that 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPMJR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
  • Options
    I know we had a baby wearing thread a while back but I couldn't find it. I just wanted to see if anyone had specific feedback on these three carriers (going tomorrow to try them on): ergo 360, Lillebaby all seasons and the boba 4g. I'm leaning toward the lillebaby because you can front carry and you don't need and insert, but curious if anyone has used any of these and loved/hated them. 
  • Options
    @FerForShort I don't have any experience with those particular carriers. I used Moby Wraps and a Baby Hawk with DD. I bought a Sakura Bloom ring sling in silk for this baby and have only used it so far because I love it and the ease of using it. I commented on the baby wearing thread to bring it back to the 1st page-hopefully it's useful in your decision making. 
  • Options
    @FerForShort I loved my boba- tried the Lillebaby on and liked it a lot but already had a Tula and boba so didn't need one. I personally don't care for the ergo that much I feel like the other options are far more comfy personally. My Tula is my favorite though  ;)
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @FerForShort I really liked my liliebaby but i don't like forward facing carrying 
  • Options
    @FerForShort we just tried out our new liliebaby and we both really like it. The extra lumbar support in the lower strap was a great feature, and I loved that we had the option of forward facing and didn't need an insert. For me it was the option that had the most versatility, plus my girlfriend had one and so we had a chance to try it on with the baby without leaving the living room/changing out of pjs... but before we had that option, I was going to go to my local store that lets you try on carriers. I think it's a hard thing to buy without trying on.
  • Options
    @FerForShort I haven't actually used my Lillebaby, but I tried it on at a baby show and carried around a 15lbs fake baby and I really enjoyed wearing it. The straps are so padded and comfy and I can see the lumbar support being a great addition. The Lillebaby also doesn't need an added newborn insert. It comes with a strap attached for the newborn stage. I believe with Ergo you have to purchase the newborn insert separate. I was going to get a Tula, but that was my main reason for going with Lille. 
  • Options
    I have the ergo 360, and I really like it. I just bought the infant insert and I'm wearing it 1-2hrs a day, every day now. I guess I have dinosaur arms because I really struggle with that top back clip. I've had to get creative with loosening everything and sliding it over my head and then tightening. The only thing I wish it had was pockets and it looks like the lillibaby has that so I'm a little jealous. 
  • Options
    I got the Lillebaby this time. I went in for a tula, but they let me try a bunch on with a doll and the Lille was soooo much better! You don't need an infant insert and it just all around felt more comfortable. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • Options
    How necessary is a fancy diaper pail? Is just a good rubbish bin enough? Or would that get way too smelly? Once we start using cloth, we'll use a wet bag thingamajig insert. We live in a condo and empty our bins pretty often. 
  • Options
    @floatingelephy I thought not necessary but i just ordered one because the room was definitely starting to smell like diapers. 
  • Options
    @floatingelephy my baby isn't here yet, but I said the same thing and pretty much everyone told me to get one. The Dekor Plus one was recommended by a lot of people, it's like $45 and can use kitchen bags, and I am 99% sure it said it can be used for cloth diaper too 
  • Options
    We have a diaper genie and love it!! It definitely keeps the stink locked in and keepers you from taking dirty diaper trash out everyday. 
  • Options
    We have the Ubbi and we really like it. It uses regular garbage too, which is nice. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the diaper genie. It's awesome. We end up having to empty it several times a week though so no smell (yet!). I have another friend with a one year old and she loves her diaper genie.
  • Options
    @floatingelephy my baby isn't here yet, but I said the same thing and pretty much everyone told me to get one. The Dekor Plus one was recommended by a lot of people, it's like $45 and can use kitchen bags, and I am 99% sure it said it can be used for cloth diaper too 
    @leslie1331 yes they have a cloth diaper liner you can buy for the diaper dekor plus. :) 
  • Options
    So I never really considered babywearing, but my husband is convinced our LO is getting a flat head. So now that everyone had been using their stuff for awhile, any recommendations for one for an overweight mama and daddy? Important: breathable, no digging straps, and easy to put on by myself.
  • Options
    @purplewriter-2 I have a BabyHawk, several Mobys, but my Sakura Bloom ring sling is by far my favorite. It's super easy, as you only tighten 1 thing and is very lightweight and most of the fabrics are really breathable.  The BST board on fb has some good deals on used too. 
  • Options
    kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited March 2017
    @purplewriter-2 I have only used a moby and a ringsling. I actually hate my ringsling, but it seems like people either love it or hate it so you might like it. I think it's a PITA and I don't like that the weight and pressure is not even across my body. Again others seem to like it though. And its adjustable for the wearer. The moby is soft and doesn't dig in anywhere. It can be used by different people since you tie it to your own comfort and body. The downside is that it can be intimidating to get the hang of tying it. Honestly it took me about 3 times of wearing my baby until I got it down really well. Once I got it down though, it's a piece of cake. I'm not familiar with structured carriers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I never really considered babywearing, but my husband is convinced our LO is getting a flat head. So now that everyone had been using their stuff for awhile, any recommendations for one for an overweight mama and daddy? Important: breathable, no digging straps, and easy to put on by myself.
    I like my Boba for a wrap but I far prefer my Lillebaby.  It's a great carrier, approved the hip dysplasia people, offers 6 carries, comes with lumbar support and the all seasons has a breathable mesh.  
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsDramaK said:
    I like my Boba for a wrap but I far prefer my Lillebaby.  It's a great carrier, approved the hip dysplasia people, offers 6 carries, comes with lumbar support and the all seasons has a breathable mesh.  
    Seconded. 
    I like my Solly but LOVE my Lillebaby 
  • Options
    I've heard great things about the Lilliebaby but I already have an Ergo. They look very similar. Has anyone compared the two?
  • Options
    I don't care for my k'tan. I planned on using it for the early months but my baby hates being put in and taken out. I think it's partially bc he's huge and partially because he hates the newborn position. Unfortunately he has to wait 2mo. to try the next position. 

I just got the infant insert last night for my Ergo360. I'm looking forward to trying it. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I have the Ergo360 and I like it mostly. I got it really for when he's a few more than older but we use it now with the infant insert. The only complaint I have is it is a little hard to get it on by myself with the baby in the insert. The clip in the back is in between your shoulder blades and is hard to reach with all the extra stuff in the front with the insert. Other than that,it seems very sturdy and supportive. It doesn't hurt my back or shoulders which I was concerned about. And LO falls asleep instantly in it
  • Options
    +1 for the Lillebaby. We have that plus a ring sling. The Lillebaby is also great because pretty much any caregiver (mum, dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends) can toss it on with a few minor adjustments, rather than everyone becoming proficient with wraps and slings, etc. But I do also really like my ring sling for quick outings to the shops, around the house calming.
  • Options
    I think one of the key things with carriers is looking at how and why you are using it.  I am really liking my Moby for this baby especially around the house.   I can sit on the couch with him,  on the floor to do laundry,  etc.   With the soft structured carriers (I have an Ergo on loan and have used a Beco before that I loved. ) they are great for out and about.   Once they are adjusted to you,  they are ready to go.   

I have yet to try a ring sling, but that to me seems like a good in between,  and will be good for quickly getting baby in and out, like at the store or school stuff. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard great things about the Lilliebaby but I already have an Ergo. They look very similar. Has anyone compared the two?
    SIL has an Ergo so I've seen both in person.  I think the lillebaby is a nicer carrier.  It doesn't require an insert, it's more breathable and offers more carrying positions.  It's great for being out and about but I like it around the house too.  
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I'm super hesitant about a sling, but I think I just need to try one out. I was looking at the Ergo360 so I happy to hear
    people like it.
  • Options
    Another vote for lillibaby. I don't have experieance with any other soft structured carrier, but I do like using that one. I have a boba too and I'm lukewarm on it. It's just a general pain in the ass to me and my husband won't be caught dead in it. 
  • Options
    I've been doing a lot of research on SSC's lately. I have an Ergo 360 but am finding it really hurts my back. I bought it on sale without thinking hard about it when I was pregnant, and learned in my recent research that it isn't the best for people like me with long torsos. My baby seems to run hot, too, so I know it won't work well for him in the summer. He's already coming out of it pretty hot after walks in 50 degree weather. He likes being worn though, and I like wearing him, so investing in a good carrier seemed worthwhile. There's nowhere local to me to try carriers on, so I did a ton of research and finally just ordered a Lillebaby Complete All Season on clearance sale. My baby is pushing 15 lbs at 6 weeks (what!?) so a carrier that can last until 45 lbs while providing the head and neck support and ergonomic seat he still needs as a NB seems like the best fit for us. I really like the "All Season" features as well; the mesh panel will be so important for us in the summer. We're keeping the Ergo too in case it works better for him in a few months.

@marriedhamstermom we also have a k'tan and I'll share your opinion that the newborn carry does not work well for larger babies. S is pushed up so high that his head wants to bump my chin, and neither of us are particularly comfortable. I look forward to trying it more once he can have his legs out, because it would be very convenient to use around the house. 
  • Options
    You mean the Boba Wrap? Too bad! My partner LOVED wearing our daughter in it. Then, we found the Boba Carrier to be awesome for us both. I hear good things about LILLE too.