December 2016 Moms
Options

The Big Nursery Thread

Re: The Big Nursery Thread

• Options
    @dmontgo so cute!
    @ashleaf2018 if we end up with a boy I'm doing a camping theme too! Found the cutest fabric at fabric.com that was that theme! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @dmontgo Adorbs! I can't get over how cute your pup is. Love the woodland theme! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Bump keeps eating my post!  I went to Costa Rica with my BF a year ago and fell in love with sloths, it seemed fitting for a nursery theme.  Can't wait to see how it all turns out once we get the furniture in!

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Pgh_Kel I love the sloth theme! That wall decor makes me smile and want to take a nap at the same time. So cute! 
  • Options
    @Pgh_Kel Love the sloths! Super awesome. 
  • Options
    @aframe77 @tinattt23. Thanks so much ladies!!

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sourlemon That is amazeballs. 
  • Options
    @sourlemon, that is fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Both my kids will have far nicer rooms than the adults do! We have amazing furniture...but no theme in art...we have a wedding picture, DD'S newborn picture, and a strange painting of the ocean  hanging in our room. The ocean picture is only here cuz it was my grandmas and when she died in couldn't bring myself to get rid of it (like the China cabinet, China and Nick knacks, bookshelves, and 7 million other things).

But... the kids will have awesome rooms!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    I feel like I posted pics of this before a couple months ago, if so im sorry for the prego brain lapse! 
  • Options
    @aframe77 I LOVE that sign post (and the hanging balloons are adorable!). What a beautiful and personal way to decorate a nursery.
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @aframe77
    I love the "Where to go?" sign! How adorable!
  • Options
    dmontgo said:

The nursery is DONE. Had to make a few compromises, but I am really proud of how great it looks. Will probably get a few more animal stuffies, but it's so nice to walk in and know it's essentially ready for my little boy (gonna wash everything first, of course). Big thing off my to-do list now---ahhhh. :)
    Love it! Where'd you find the rug? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dmontgo that looks fantastic! SO good. Making me feel serious conviction since we're the same amount pregnant save a day and I haven't lifted a finger toward my nursery! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jennbaylor12 On Amazon! 5x7, $70. It's very soft! Comes in grey,  orange, and turquoise. :)
  • Options
    @caseyewhitaker Thank you!! Don't feel bad--I am a serial planner, and from 1 to 10, I'm a 20 on the neuroticism scale. Haha
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited August 2016
    @dmontgo I wish planners and type-A's could bottle some of that and I could take it in a dropper when I need it. Lately I need an extra strength dose. 

I had a professor/advisor like this in college and I loved her. Anything big project-wise (our huge student teaching project that required a notebook worth of stuff, for example) she would break down into pieces and have them be due throughout the semester so procrastinators like me couldn't ruin my own life. Not only was everything done on time, but it was also done perfectly. Not one component was rushed because she made us do each thing one at a time. I wish she could come live with me and help me do my life like that in general.

So needless to say, I appreciate people like yourself. ETA: In fact, I like people like that so much, I married one. My husband is captain on top of things. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @caseyewhitaker My husband is much more relaxed than I am, and I am so glad. He reminds me to slow down and smell the roses when I'm being crazy haha. But when it comes to vacations and the baby stuff--he's really glad I'm, uh, excited to have a list and knock things out, and I write one hell of a budget! ;)

Learning how to relax though has been very helpful...especially since I know I'll need to chill out some when baby gets here. :)
  • Options
    @dmontgo Looks awesome!!!! I'm super jealous. I am also pretty type-A but my husband is still using the nursery as his office so I can't do ANYTHING yet. Driving me nuts.

I actually have a nursery question for anyone who already has furniture. I really like a certain white crib by Fisher Price but the matching furniture is discontinued. Do you think that white DaVinci furniture would match well enough, or should I get a different crib so that everything matches? (Maybe I am being super neurotic, please tell me if so!)

• Options
    @dmontgo
    adorable nursery! Love the blues and oranges, they go great together! Also... How cute is your dog?!!
  • Options
    @ea301 Our crib and dresser are from different brands. If everything is white I think no one would notice they are different brands. Or you could get a cool colored dresser to offset the white. It's up to you!
  • Options
    @dmontgo love the orange accents! Orange is my favorite color but it's sometimes hard to use, great combo with the blue!
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs I love it! All the Disney!!! 
    @aframe77 What an awesome theme, and the idea to share adventures with your little one later! 
    @dmontgo Your pup blends in pretty well with all the animals :) And I also am really feeling the orange. I think I registered for the changing pad cover, we are just doing a multicolor room with no real theme.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers