December 2016 Moms

The Big Nursery Thread

Alright ladies, I know it's still super early but let's share our nurseries, nursery ideas, or questions as they come to us! 
DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

Re: The Big Nursery Thread

• dmontgodmontgo member
    edited July 2016
    @sourlemon Love it! Our house is already pretty geek ed out, so we went with a Woodland theme instead, but this looks awesome! Love the sign and colors!
  • Loading the player...
  • Forgot to say...once we know who's growing inside me, I'll be adding the same to the jedi sign. That's why there's that big empty space.

Pikachu is totally a woodland creature haha. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Yass @dmontgo  and @jennbaylor12  we are also doing the woodland creature theme. The color palette is forest green, leaf green, fox red/orange, and light gray. We haven't started the nursery yet...

I am loving everything with a fox, owl, squirrel, hedgehog, and even raccoon on it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @jennbaylor12 Wow I love your nursery! I like the lamp. We are getting a campfire nightlight that I think is adorable!

@littlebirdie28 Yay for Woodland themes! Ours is going to be neutral, so lots of grays and creams (little bit of brown too), then pops of yellow, aqua, and orange. We have a sweet yellow chevron rug in mind, and that will tie in with the teepee! Can't wait!
  • We are doing a camping theme since FI and I love to camp, and it seems cute enough for a baby but modern enough that we won't have to do much redecorating as he becomes a toddler, preschooler, etc. 

We are doing a mountain range mural on one wall and a teepee reading nook. We don't have a specific color scheme picked out but I'm sure we'll find one specific piece for our nursery and draw colors from that, maybe the rug or teepee fabric or something like that.
  • @ashleaf2018 Yeah! Teepees rock! We're not making everything very cutesy or too baby...like you said, we want something that's sophisticated enough that we can use the items for a long time.
  • Since we won't be finding out this time I think I'm leaning towards getting some gray or brown basics and then I can add in pinks or greens. I found a cool sheet on Amazon that's a map and I am thinking of just using some of our cool Ugandan items (grass brooms, baskets, etchings, metal wire toys)... and making it a world traveler theme. The baby won't have its own "nursery" but I'd still like to spruce up its "area" with some fun things! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Oh, y'all have plans? We are still emptying the massive amounts of junk from our third bedroom so that it could somehow someday even remotely resemble a living space, much less a nursery. *agony* 
    Jokes aside, we are thinking of a beach concept with calm colors and patterns and toss in some of our favorite lyrics and quotes to promote a serene and safe atmosphere for our little dude. No real theme here. 
    Our third bedroom is currently trashed too. It's going to take a lot of work before we can start making it a nursery.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• @swhiddon33 our nursery is currently  the room where we throw all our crap in. We've been SLOWLY emptying it but it won't resemble a nursery till probably September. That's my deadline! 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• STM here and we probably won't start until... September/October lol it drove me crazy having a complete nursery with DS and no baby for months 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • leksiLleksiL member
    We also have a room full of crap and the walls need to be refinished and painted grr!! I was going to do a woodland theme like @dmontgo (love yours so far girl!) @LittleBirdy24 and @jennbaylor12 but I keep getting donated stuff with different animals (poor me!) so I am now doing an animal montage. So far I have a rabbit drawing, a highland cow stuffie, a lion diaper holder, and a penguin painting. I want to do some other paintings from ideas from etsy and I'd like to see the blanket and curtains from one of these fabrics but we will see if I have time! Honestly if it's not done when baby is here I feel like it will be ok since we will like cosleeping at first.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL Those are beautiful! I love the top left one, but all are so nice to look at! Etsy has some great Wall decor--I have some pieces on my registry that I am stoked about!
  • It's a you are my sunshine theme- neutral tan wall color ish, yellow, ivory and aqua colors, dark furniture. I have a few things for it already but not much. We won't paint or anything until September or October, because there's so much crap on there from kt being the catch all room. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • R0824HR0824H member
    We haven't even started emptying the room out yet, first we'll need to primer then paint, and drywall the ceiling (its currently these cheap cardboard square things). that will be my task over the next few weeks. We'll know our theme when we find out tomorrow :)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • cjt121413 said:
    We haven't started the nursery, but I am pretty obsessed with a mint, coral, and gold palette with vintage-y accents. There won't be a theme per se, although I do want to incorporate pictures of baby woodland animals. Here are some of my inspiration pics.  P.S. sorry if pics are huge. Mobile bumping.

I think this is where we're headed, too. I love that the colors are a little vintage-y.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yass @dmontgo  and @jennbaylor12  we are also doing the woodland creature theme. The color palette is forest green, leaf green, fox red/orange, and light gray. We haven't started the nursery yet...

I am loving everything with a fox, owl, squirrel, hedgehog, and even raccoon on it!
    Haha this is basically what we're doing too, but throw a moose or two in as well. Colors will be grey, orange, and various blues. 
  • We are still in the same boat as our third bedroom is our storage room. So we're trying to figure out where to put all of our Christmas stuff, DS's toddler bed and more. But, we are complete Disney nerds, and we know it's a girl. So we're doing a little mermaid theme with subtle hints of other Disney princesses. I made a sign to go up over a shelf filled with little trinkets and we've decided on wall
    colors of very very light sea foam with a light purple accent wall. We're talking about this baby being our last...so I'm princessing out while I have the chance!
  • Ah, these are all super cute!

We are planning a woodland theme for our boy, as well. DH hunts and we thought it would be cute to buy those plush wall mounts to put above the crib and go from there. So, just ideas but will definitely post when we really start on something or when I find more of what we're thinking. 

We also want it neutrally painted since we plan on moving in the  extra 1-1.5 years.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• cgss11cgss11 member
    cjt121413 said:
    We haven't started the nursery, but I am pretty obsessed with a mint, coral, and gold palette with vintage-y accents. There won't be a theme per se, although I do want to incorporate pictures of baby woodland animals. Here are some of my inspiration pics.  P.S. sorry if pics are huge. Mobile bumping.

I keep getting drawn to that picture on Pinterest too. I love the colors, but really hate those wings, and am not sure if I get extra awww about it because my baby is being named Scarlett? 

I will probably go with those colors though. In reality, I'm not much of a decorator, and also really cheap when it comes to decor type stuff. I do plan to paint the nursery neutral, and we're getting a white crib and white dresser. Maybe once that is in there I'll get motivated to get some decor.
  • This is the look we are going for color wise. We won't be doing the trees, though I like those.I plan to have these Beatles song lyrics up over the crib (in white and a different font) and then some light blue wall art. Also our glider is light grey but we'll be doing all white furniture as well.

December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• https://aliceandivory.storenvy.com/collections/1058397-sale/products/12467814-sunshine-gold this is the print I b ought for the nursery. Now I can't decide if I want to do a neutral tan/gold for the walls or the aqua that's in the print. Thoughts?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenlynne0624 Cute!

I say neutral tan for the walls and do more aqua accents, maybe one "big" aqua piece like a night stand or something. I would say if you do go with aqua walls everything else for decor/furniture would need to be neutral, save for a maybe a few more very small details (like the arrow in the pic).

BabyFruit Ticker

• @em01092I was leaning more towards the oatmeal color too since we are team green and have zero desire to repaint in the next few years. Aqua and yellow accents with dark wood furniture I think will look best. Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @em01092 Love that Beatles quote... Golden Slumbers is on of my fave songs by them!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• We're going to do an animal/Noah's Ark Theme mixed with bible verses. We're going to paint an old dresser we have white and we're getting a white crib in November from DHs sister (Hate to wait that long..but who can argue with free) So far we have the walls painted butter cream and an 'M' on the wall (both names we have picked start with an M) Ready to go up on the wall once furniture is in place:

Delight Yourself in The Lord wood sign  Inspirational pallet sign  Psalm 374 home decor  inspirational home decor  Inspirational plaque

Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Personally, I would keep everything that's hard to change as gender neutral as possible, because I know this won't be our last baby. So furniture will all be white and the walls will be a neutral color. We'll get lots of cute, theme-y crib sheets, stuffed animals, his teepee for the reading nook, etc. Just because I know that it will be easy to sell that stuff if we ever need to, but I suspect we'll keep it for awhile. But at least the furniture will be gender neutral so we don't find ourselves scrambling if the next baby is a girl. And I even like our camping theme for a little girl, although we might do something different for a new baby. I think it's fun to do colorful accents, but I would keep everything else pretty neutral.
  • @jenlynne0624 I think that will be super adorbs. And definitely perfect for either boy or girl. 

@Kacie209 same here! It's so good. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• sourlemon said:
    Finally coming along! I might finish before the baby is born...if I'm lucky.
    Oh my, this is just SO cute. I love it!
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

• Why is it sofa king hard to find a pale yellow patterned curtain and crib sheets?! Good lord. 

Pregnancy Ticker