July 2016 Moms
Options

June Symptoms Thread

Re: June Symptoms Thread

• Options
    eymieymi member
    shaylalr said:

My hip pain is back with a vengeance. I keep wanting to sleep on my back because of it. 
    Me too! I woke up this morning sprawled flat on my back and my ribs hurt so bad but I could tell I'd been sleeping great. I miss sleeping however I want!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I have an OB appointment today and was gonna ask her anyway, but it sounds like it's pretty normal. So annoying though! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Nerdchild Twice this morning, and three times yesterday. I wish I had an explanation!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    joleri23 said:
    @Nerdchild Twice this morning, and three times yesterday. I wish I had an explanation!
    Have you eaten a lot of salt lately or are you more swollen? Water weight can be a bitch.
    "I still think I am the greatest."
     - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @HenchBytch I didn't think I was eating more salt, but I definitely notice the swelling more so it's entirely possible. I'm just frustrated being at such a high weight with no signs of slowing down!!!
  • Options
    @joleri23 did you weigh at home or at the doctor? If you were at home may want to have your BP checked. Sudden weight gain and swelling are signs of Pre-e.  Otherwise it could also just be stupid summer heat.  It makes my fingers and feet swell.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @randishane011804 It was at home, and luckily I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for today so I feel "safer" about it. I have a feeling that it's just salt and water retention, but at least I'll be finding out for sure today!
  • Options
    Ok! Hopefully nothing crazy! I'll be thinking about you!!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nikkimarie159nikkimarie159 member
    edited June 2016

@BecauseBabyIamAPug if you don't mind me asking, what all do they have you doing for your hypertension? My bp was high at my Dr appointment today and it had my doctor kinda worried. They're having me do a 24 hour urine catch to rule out pre-e, but she did also mention gestational hypertension.

edit: because I meant blood pressure (bp) no peanut butter (pb)

• Options
    @joleri23 it could totally be the water weight! I went in last week and I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks but then I went in last week and I was the same weight. My OB commented on my bloat and my crazy cankles and she thinks that's the cause. I'm supposed to watch my salt. I didn't think I was eating a lot of salty foods but that along with the heat is not helping my water retention!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    rakel88 said:
    I've been randomly getting a bloody nose.. Is that a pregnancy symptom? Like, totally out of the blue, not doing anything at all. 
    Also, I've never had freckles on my face but I have a bunch on my nose and forehead now. 
    Totally just got a bloody nose. I've had a horrible cold so my nose has been super congested which I'm sure didn't help. I started to cough and out sprays the blood. It was pretty dramatic haha. 
  • Options
    @brandiK lol that sounds crazy. Yea my doc today said it's normal, along with bloody gums.. I was like Great, that's awesome.
  • Options
    At two appointments ago, I gained only 1 lb and was so happy with myself since I've been above the curve all along. At my most recent appointment, I gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Allll salt and water retention. My feet are super puffy from the humid weather and I can't wear my wedding rings anymore. Luckily my BP and urine still look good but I always have pre-E in the back of my mind. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options

@BecauseBabyIamAPug if you don't mind me asking, what all do they have you doing for your hypertension? My bp was high at my Dr appointment today and it had my doctor kinda worried. They're having me do a 24 hour urine catch to rule out pre-e, but she did also mention gestational hypertension.

edit: because I meant blood pressure (bp) no peanut butter (pb)

Bed rest. Which is hard since I have two children. We are watching a lot of TV lately.  The latest research is stating that resting to keep the B/P down acts like a bandaid for it. Nothing really 'heal' it or 'treats' it, besides delivery. They used to give meds, but the latest research shows that it really didnt make a difference in the outcome. If the B/P continue to rise, and stay elevated, hospitalization with IV meds may be needed (Magnesium Sulfate), until it is safe for delivery. Usually, 37 weeks is the point of delivery though.
  • Options
    @adough27 I feel you on the swollen feet. I work 8-9hours a day 4-5 days per week. I get home in the evening and my shoes are so tight. My right foot swells more than the left, and for the past week, it's felt like the top of it is bruised :(
  • Options
    Definitely TMI: pregnancy has made me have no shame in my game but my vagina feels swollen, and even when I wipe after peeing it feels swollen...  Anyone?
    This happened to me. It lasted a good while but it seems to be back to normal now. I guess all this extra blood flow affects everything.
    "I still think I am the greatest."
     - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely TMI: pregnancy has made me have no shame in my game but my vagina feels swollen, and even when I wipe after peeing it feels swollen...  Anyone?
    Yes, this has been happening to me also in the last few weeks. I first noticed it after straining from constipation but now, even when I pee, I can feel it swollen. I asked my OB about this because I wasn't sure if it was normal but apparently it is. Oh, the joys of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    For sure the past few weeks or so. At first I was a little shocked but all the extra blood flow and pressure makes sense. I think the position of sitting down to pee kind of exacerbates it. 
  • Options

I don't know about swollen, per se... But it definitely feels lower, like it has dropped more, which would make sense since there's a ton of baby and stuff weighing down on it from the ute above! Definitely most noticeable in a squatting position. DH hasn't said anything feels different to him,  but I definitely feel fuller.

I think I have recently developed pupps on the tops of my feet. Nothing serious, maybe a dozen or so little red bumps that I would think we're bug bites except they appeared over night and stop at my ankles. 

Oh, and I feel like a whale. 
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug thank you! Hopefully things get a little easier for you! Not too much longer! 
  • Options
    Fingers (and legs!) crossed for you @shanparadise!
  • Options
  • Options
    Same here. I thought it was just irritation since I pretty much wear some kind of pantyliner/ leak catcher anytime I'm not at home now, but it's getting worse. Today that whole area feels swollen and heavy, lips and bum included. I'm thinking increased blood flow too. Plus everything else is swollen, why shouldn't my vagina be too? 
  • Options
    I've had heart palpitations ever for 10+ years. They aren't all the time and doctor's have never been able to catch it so they have just told me in the past that it is probably a prolapse for a valve. Since the start of my 3rd tri, the symptoms have really ramped up (dizziness, what feel like heads rushes, palpitations/heavy beats) so I started tests with a cardiologist. Long story short, they were able to see the issue with a halter monitor & stress test and my heart is beating an extra 28,000 times per day. They have put me on Propanolol and so far so good. I wanted to share my experience though because Propanolol is a "scary" drug and listed as class C. Both my cardiologist and OB have said the pro's outweigh the con's and this late in my pregnancy they aren't worried about defects, just making sure her growth is on track. I haven't seen anyone else talk about this on our board but apparently it can happen during pregnancy because of the extra blood flow and fluids in our system.
  • Options
    I feel gross today. I'm hungry but nothing sounds good and I have acid reflux anyway. I'm tired even though I did actually sleep last night. I have at least two weeks, but I just want to have this baby so I can move like a skinny person again. This giant bump is in my. And I want to lay on my tummy! And why do I feel like crying?! I just want my baby.  :(
  • Options
    I am so hungry. I am eating like a pig and still hungry 30 minutes later.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I'm losing my mucus plug, and I've been having nasty crampy contractions on and off since earlier this morning. I guess it's nothing to be concerned about yet, but we are keeping an eye on it. 
  • Options
    I've been getting sharp pain in my lower area (hard to pin point where exactly) every now and then today. It takes my breath away. Anybody else experiencing this?? I'm not sure if she is sitting on a nerve or what it is. 
  • Options
    If she's low enough it could be her jabbing against your cervix. Fun isn't it?
  • Options
    @ladyfleck haha. That is probably what it is, then. The midwife said she has significantly dropped this week. So much fun!! 
  • Options
    schaze said:
    Pretty sure I'm losing my mucus plug, and I've been having nasty crampy contractions on and off since earlier this morning. I guess it's nothing to be concerned about yet, but we are keeping an eye on it. 
    These contractions suck. I had them last night and today, so the answering service told me to go ahead and get them checked out in L&D. Yeah, they didn't do anything to change where I was Monday (3 cm and 50%), they still hurt, and of course I got sent home. I feel stupid, but the nurse was really wonderful, so it was okay. I'm just worried that I don't know what early labor is like because I was induced with my son.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    Some time in the past 2-3 weeks I've gone from being able to be on my feet for hours with no problem to not being able to walk or stand for more than 15/20 minutes at a time without having terrible lower back pain. Even just going grocery shopping on Friday had me sitting recovering on the couch for hours.  Anyone have this? Is a maternity support belt helpful?  I've ordered a $12 one from amazon that got good reviews... Coming next week.
  • Options
    The pelvic pain is killing me. Anyone find anything that helps? 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand ugh I feel you, the pelvic pain is unbearable. It was already had but when he dropped his head down that was it for me. Sometimes I lay with an ice pack between my legs to numb the swollen throbbing feeling. It doesn't help long term but it feels a little better, especially when it's hot. Or I lay in bath, but I can only do that if it's not hot out. 
  • Options
    @Kellyj103 hahaha I have been having hot flashes too, this morning I had one so intense I had to eat ice cream because I felt like I was burning alive. It did help a bit, plus it was delicious. 
  • Options
    It's one in the morning and I NEED Mexican food. Ugh. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!