July 2016 Moms
Options

June Symptoms Thread

Re: June Symptoms Thread

• Options
    I'm so frusterated with my doctors and the hospital. I dont feel normal- dizzy/light headed, can't keep focus at work, biggest thing is my feet and legs turn purple from blood rushing to my legs when I stand/walk/sit in an upright chair. My BP is slightly high for my baseline but not over the 140/90 mark so they say its all normal. Normal pregnancy woes. Screw that, I feel off. 

I will say if it is normal, I had the easiest pregnancy in the world last time around and this boy is kicking my ass. 6 weeks.. I can do it, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so frusterated with my doctors and the hospital. I dont feel normal- dizzy/light headed, can't keep focus at work, biggest thing is my feet and legs turn purple from blood rushing to my legs when I stand/walk/sit in an upright chair. My BP is slightly high for my baseline but not over the 140/90 mark so they say its all normal. Normal pregnancy woes. Screw that, I feel off. 

I will say if it is normal, I had the easiest pregnancy in the world last time around and this boy is kicking my ass. 6 weeks.. I can do it, right?

I'm right there with ya. DS was a breeze. This young lady has already figured out how to torture me. Add in non-productive but painful and frequent contractions and that's what my day has been like. I've got 3.5 weeks left. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    So I've been at work for the past 6 hours and off and on my belly starts to hurt. It also seems rock hard. The pain is in the middle probably 4 inches above my belly button. I still feel him swimming around, but it feels so hard. Is this normal?
  • Options
    @setosh - sounds like it could be a contraction. When I get Braxton Hicks, my belly gets really hard, especially at the top where the fundus (top of the uterus) is. For me, it doesn't hurt. They tend to come on more frequently when you're dehydrated so drink a huge glass of water and rest if you can (since you're at work). If it keeps happening maybe give your OB a call?
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    nikkimarie159nikkimarie159 member
    edited June 2016
    @setosh that happens to me occasionally, also. Except I can't feel her moving around until my stomach isn't hard anymore :/ 
    Edit: bc something haopened to the rest of my post... but I echo what pp said. Sounds like bh! 
  • Options
    @setosh yep, that's what my BHs feel like. My OB told me that they happen a lot more frequently when you're dehydrated like @sboston06 said, but also if your bladder gets full. So basically, it's a lose-lose lol. I notice them a lot more when I'm active or bend over or just, you know, stand there and breathe. But my stomach will get rock hard for about 15 seconds or so and it's usually just uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @sboston06 @nikkimarie159 & @brandiK thanks guys! Yeah I've had about a gallon of water today so I doubt I'm dehydrated. My stomach has been getting hard but not with pain. I'm thinking the pain is coming from being so active at work. I do some light lifting and a lot of bending over plus being on my feet for 8 hours doesn't help. I think since I'm getting so far along it's just catching up with me. If the pain gets worse I will definitely call my OB. 
  • Options
    @setosh I'm the same way at work with being on my feet and still having to lift things and being active. It does suck with causing so many aches and pains but just remember to take it easy when you can. I think it has at least helped me stay a little more active and healthy during my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @victoria98 I am the exact same, I get these plans in my head to space things out so not to over do it. Nope, I've to do it all at once and then feel like death for 4 days after and then it starts again. I wish my nesting was just consistent and I done a little bit every day instead of these random bursts of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    If I don't get enough sleep I feel hungover.. seriously WTF. I haven't had a drink in months and it seems so unfair to feel that way without indulging!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    jwittwer said:
    If I don't get enough sleep I feel hungover.. seriously WTF. I haven't had a drink in months and it seems so unfair to feel that way without indulging!

THIS! I stayed up last weekend with dh and his friends while they all drank and I'M the one that woke up feeling hungover! total BS!
  • Options

Tired. So tired. Struggling to keep my eyes open at work today & I swear I slept last night because I remember dreaming!
    Also, the lower 1/2 of my body is so stiff & sore. Maybe I wasn't sleeping and was actually running a marathon in my sleep.

• Options
    @HoneyBear40 I second being extremely tired. I sat down for a few minutes and ended up falling asleep sitting up. I have never had that happen before. The good thing is that we're in the home stretch now!
  • Options
    Excruciating back pain that came on so suddenly it freaked me out. I got in the shower hoping it would help and then started projectile vomiting out of nowhere. 

Hitting new lows every day ladies. 
  • Options

Hi, I've been a lurker for several months now and my baby is due on July 5th. I hope its not to late to join in, as I have some concerns and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. Throughout my pregnancy I have been measuring 1 week ahead consistently, as well as my 20 week ultrasound. For the last month or so I started measuring behind 1 week. The doctor didn't say much about it but than I questioned her yesterday during my appointment and she recommend we schedule an ultrasound prior to next weeks appointment (as I go weekly now). I'm a bit uneasy about this, having to wait a week and I really hope  everything turns out ok. Anyone else experience this, if so what was determined? Is it normal or could there be an issue? :/

• Options
    Hi @laura091314, welcome! This was actually just discussed in the weekly randoms thread yesterday with some great replies. You should check it out! Try not to feel uneasy as your doctor wasn't concerned. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Weird back pain. It doesn't go down my legs. Just sits in my lower back. All day. It doesn't matter if I sit or stand. Anyone else??
  • Options
    @lucy2113 you may need to keep an "eye" on that, it could be a sign of labor.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @randishane011804 I messaged my nurse last week for the same pain along with cramps and BH contractions and she told not worry about any of it unless I'm having real contractions. I'm still cautious. Hopefully she's right. 
  • Options
    The SUPER funny thing I've discovered about pregnancy is that all of the symptoms they tell you to watch for are also completely normal!  So you never know what is what.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nerdchild said: randypluskate said: Crotch hiccups. Never not weird. I see your crotch hiccups and I raise you butthole hiccups. 
    And I thought the rest of this pregnancy would be void of fun! 
  • Options
    Yup ! I totally agree. You never know but my nurse always tells me whatever you're feeling is normal, unless you're bleeding, your water broke or you're having real contractions. 
  • Options
    @lucy2113 - I kind of disagree with your nurse's use of the term "real contractions". With DD I had really bad back pain. I cried to my husband, asking how am I going to deal with contractions when I can't even deal with my back hurting? I took a warm shower, a warm bath and then realized the back pain was steadily coming and going. I never had contractions in my front, only back labor. DD was born 10 hours later. However, since your pain isn't coming and going, it doesn't sound like labor, but something still to pay attention to. I hope it feels better soon! 
  • Options
    @holly142 Thanks!! That's really helpful! 
  • Options
    I've been randomly getting a bloody nose.. Is that a pregnancy symptom? Like, totally out of the blue, not doing anything at all. 
    Also, I've never had freckles on my face but I have a bunch on my nose and forehead now. 
  • Options
    Screw the sudden weight gain! 4 pounds in three days? I'm so over this.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I have also been getting a bloody nose randomly! I didn't realize it was connected to pregnancy. 

My hip pain is back with a vengeance. I keep wanting to sleep on my back because of it. 
  • Options
    @rakel88 Yep - I've been getting them this whole pregnancy! Completely normal. That along with a stuffy, congested nose.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @rakel88 yep! I got my first one for this pregnancy in the middle of the night last night. 

When I was pregnant with DS I got
    one while giving my maid of honor speech at my best friends wedding  :|
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @AB34  ugh that's awful! I was mortified whenI got one in a meeting at work, I can't even imagine having one while giving a speech!
  • Options
    rakel88 said:
    I've been randomly getting a bloody nose.. Is that a pregnancy symptom? Like, totally out of the blue, not doing anything at all. 
    Also, I've never had freckles on my face but I have a bunch on my nose and forehead now. 
    I've read that it is indeed a symptom early on but I'm sure it can happen at any time.
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    My feet are so swollen that I called out of work
    today. I can't put shoes on and when I walk only 2 of my toes are touching the ground. This hurts. 
  • Options
    @joleri23 When was the last time you pooped?
  • Options
    @rakel88 Ive been getting bloody noses for months now. My OB says it's completely normal, just really annoying!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge