Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

UppaBaby Bassinet Stand

Has anyone with the UppaBaby Vista stroller used the bassinet for baby to sleep next to their bed?  How did it work?  How long did the baby fit?  Do you have the Bassinet stand and how do you like that?  I saw on Amazon that the bassinet stand can be converted into a double hamper (with an insert) after baby outgrows it and thought this would be a good feature to extend it's use.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: UppaBaby Bassinet Stand

• Options
    We didn't use it for anything other than with the stroller(he's slept in his crib since day 1) but he fit comfortably in the bassinet until around 4-5 months. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I asked about this a month or so ago and someone recommended not buying the uppababy stand but to buy this one https://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Jumper-Rocking-Bassinet-Espresso/dp/B001ENY02G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318526091&sr=8-2  instead because it is signifcanntly cheaper and rocks...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can't say I've used it yet, but will be for the same reasons you've listed in your post. I like that it's sturdy and foldable and can be repurposed later on. I've also heard others say they've used the Jolly Jumper(?) stand for the UPV bassinet b/c it's less than half the price and it rocks, unlike the UB stand, but this can only be used as a bassinet stand and I don't know if it's folds down small for storage like the UB one....
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagesedo2480:
    I asked about this a month or so ago and someone recommended not buying the uppababy stand but to buy this one https://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Jumper-Rocking-Bassinet-Espresso/dp/B001ENY02G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318526091&sr=8-2  instead because it is signifcanntly cheaper and rocks...

I was looking at that in Buy Buy Baby yesterday and they showed it with the Uppababy bassinet in it.  It made me nervous because it wasn't a very tight/secure fit.  That plus the rocking made me personally nervous that my dog would knock into the legs, and the whole works would come crashing down.  (Am I paranoid?  Yes, undeniably so.)  So, I'm thinking (if we do the Uppa) of going with the Uppa brand stand.  I noticed the hamper insert on Amazon yesterday too; I love it!  We're in an apartment, so repurposing makes me very happy.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesedo2480:

We have this exact one, but will be using it with a Moses basket instead of the UBV bassinet.   The basket fits in perfectly. 

• Options

Baby slept in the bassinet w/ the UB stand until he was 9w at which point he was longer than 25" and had outgrown the bassinet.  But I have an exceptionally tall child.

Anyway, I liked it a lot, I think it was worth it, even though we only used it for a short period of time. 

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"