August 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread

Re: Symptoms Thread

• Options
    @AnnaReid81  Mine never "dropped" last time and I progressed quickly in my induction and she was dropped ready to go within 10 hours.
  • Options
    With my DD she dropped early around 33-34w and was born at 35w. 

This pregnancy, he's up high still at 37w 4d. I'm trying not to be too concerned but it's getting uncomfortable! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @no more miss! I've read that second time moms don't usually "drop" until labor - something about those muscles not needing to stretch. 
    https://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/pregnancy-dropping-lightening-topic-overview

• Options
    Thanks @Allisun85, GTK. 

Apparently I have extra amniotic fluid that might be preventing him from getting low and when my water breaks doc says baby will drop down into place quickly. Sounds good to me. 
  • Options
    Heartburn for the first time!!??!!  I resent that!  
  • Options
    Had my first legit, stop my in my tracks/can't talk contractions this morning. Still heading into work .. my body is killing me this morning. Idk how I'm going to run around the ER today. 
  • Options
    Had my first legit, stop my in my tracks/can't talk contractions this morning. Still heading into work .. my body is killing me this morning. Idk how I'm going to run around the ER today. 
    At least you can just head directly to l&d if needed!
  • Options
    FremdschamenFremdschamen member
    edited August 2016
    Has anyone else had menstrual-type cramps for 30 mins or so after peeing?  I'm guessing these are being triggered because baby girl is super low?  Every time I pee, the cramps start up.  They fade away eventually and are more constant than timeable.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    @Fremdschamen

Yes! The constant-ness makes me think my uterus is just getting ready. I also get them when I first lay down at night. No fun for nighttime anxiety. 
  • Options
    @No more Miss!  I get them at night too!  I'm kind of hoping that they are getting my uterus ready/opening my cervix a bit, because I really don't want to go past my due date!  (Just because I'm selfish and tired of being pregnant, lol)

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    @Fremdschamen

I totally hear that! Being big, uncomfortable, with random cramps, sucks! Doesn't help the sleeping. 
    FX those cramps are doing the trick to efface and dilate us. 
  • Options
    Thunder crotch, oh my lord. I can hardly walk sometimes and stretching is not helping at this point. I need this little man to move into another position because I look like a hunchback waddling around the office. At least my grimace face seems to be deterring some of the usual comments as people see me.
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble digesting liquids? The last time I drank water was three hours ago and when I walk you can still hear water sloshing about, and quite loudly. I'm getting really dehydrated because my body hasn't absorbed or digested any liquid yet today and I can't drink anymore until that leaves my stomach. This happens frequently with a disease I have, but it went into remission when I got pregnant. Anyone experience this during pregnancy? Like maybe LO is pushing on my organs too much to digest? I'm getting concerned about the dehydration because I don't want it to hurt the baby.
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 I have noticed that liquids slosh around in my stomach for a lot longer than usual too. It's just become noticeable in the last few days. 
  • Options
    So my feet are no longer going back to normal overnight, and at this point, they are so sore!  I feel like the tops of my feet are bruised, it hurts to wear shoes.  wish I could just walk around without shoes but if I take them off at any point in the day, there is no hope they'll go back on...  
  • Options
    @KMeredith82 I feel your pain too. I have one pair of flip flops that I have stretched out. All my other cute summer sandals. Forget it. :( 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    @ShanRum3 thank you! That makes me feel a little better. I guess it's just another later third trimester symptom!
  • Options
    I've decided I can no longer drove longish distances. I drove 45 mins each way to a bday party today and I thought I was going to die. Pressure, back pain, cramps...I seriously had to breathe through it towards the end of my drive. Made me so nervous for labor as it was so painful and uncomfortable. Any STMs more nervous for labor #2??? Oh god!

I also went out to eat last night and sitting in a booth for an hour or so, was just awful. I guess I can't get comfortable sitting lately. 

On another note, I have no pelvic floor muscles apparently. I totally peed through a pad, underwear, and on to my shorts, quite a decent amount, yesterday. I had a moment when I though it was my water breaking, but no, definitely pee. So gross. 
  • Options
    I've decided I can no longer drove longish distances. I drove 45 mins each way to a bday party today and I thought I was going to die. Pressure, back pain, cramps...I seriously had to breathe through it towards the end of my drive. Made me so nervous for labor as it was so painful and uncomfortable. Any STMs more nervous for labor #2??? Oh god!

I also went out to eat last night and sitting in a booth for an hour or so, was just awful. I guess I can't get comfortable sitting lately. 

On another note, I have no pelvic floor muscles apparently. I totally peed through a pad, underwear, and on to my shorts, quite a decent amount, yesterday. I had a moment when I though it was my water breaking, but no, definitely pee. So gross. 
    I was way more scared about labor this time! I think it was knowing how hard and painful it would be. The good news is, it was SO much easier this time, and my friends have all said the same thing about their second babies! I had to push for an hour and a half with DS1, and this guy was out in less than 5 minutes of pushing. There's definitely hope for an easier labor with #2! 

• Options
    Thanks @Bookhousegirl and congrats on baby Beckett!

My first was so quick (5hrs and 5mins of pushing), I'm worried about this one who's definitely bigger being harder to push out!
  • Options
    @shanrum3 @journogrl23 I was having that issue and I found pedialtye was the only thing that fixed it. It gave a bit more substance to my water, and made it easier to digest, so it didn't just sit there... sloshing. 

• Options
    Anyone else have zero energy? I'm getting concerned I won't have any energy for L&D because everything hurts already! I had an epi placed last time but never turned on and had side effects from it. I really don't want one this time but I'm afraid I'll be too weak!

Where can I find some strength to push through this (or hopefully less) last week? 
  • Options
    Has the lowest part of anyone else's belly gotten kind of squishy?  The only thing I can figure is that it's because baby's head has moved into the birth canal?!?!? It's just really weird!  I know he has dropped,  and I was dilated 1cm and 50% effaced last week. Doc said he could feel baby's head down there.  
  • Options
    @Allisun85 thank you! I'll have to try that. Seems liquid is getting hard to digest quite often now.
  • Options
    mamaqdubumamaqdubu member
    edited August 2016
    @ShanRum3 I'd say the top of my belly is a bit more "squishy" than before, but I still have major heartburn so baby is still crowding everything out!! 

My body for the last few days seems to be "cleaning itself out" if you will. Either that or I have a touch of some bug. Here's to hoping it's the first and it doesn't last too long before baby day. Just trying to stay hydrated!!
  • Options
    @ShanRum3 I'm right there with you, same here.
  • Options
    @caitlinj187 I can relate to the "system cleaning itself out". Mine has been doing the same thing since Thursday!
  • Options
    Saturday night during sleep... every time I woke up to pee I had a contraction... then when I woke up I had contractions that were like 40 seconds to 5 minutes long... with only like a minute inbetween...once I had breakfast they tapered off... and then I continued to have them randomly throughout the day.... what a tease
  • Options
    So much downward pressure on my pelvic floor! The doctor said last appointment that baby is low. I feel like I need to pee constantly due to the pressure on my bladder. All this has me wondering if baby could come early (I am 37+2). As much as I like the idea of not being pregnant any more and meeting the little guy, I'm not ready yet! 
  • Options
    Seriously. I can't keep it all in. I have to go every 15 mins, no joke. 
  • Options
    baby girl has been teasing me all weekend long with contractions ranging from 5-15mins and today they are 15mins apart randomly and when i go to bathroom as well contractions happen and seems like i drink something and few mins i have to go pee, DH and I are anxious to have her out already can't wait much longer
  • Options
    Omg LO is moving all over tonight, appendages poking out left and right. I stood up and I swear I could feel her slip further into my pelvis. 
  • Options
    JEMNJEMN member
    This might be TMI, but it's making me a little nervous......  

Is seeing pink on the TP after peeing normal? 
  • Options
    Ugh anyone have experience with a yeast infection vs is this my fluid leaking? 

Literally thought I was having a yeast infection TMI darker yellow/light yellow discharge sometimes even white like normal but then accompanied with just wetness? I'm going through 2 panty liners so not sure if I should head to the hospital to just be safe or ?