July 2016 Moms
Options

Sh!t my SO said

Re: Sh!t my SO said

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I met a woman also pregnant with her second and due 5 days before me. I told DH I would have guessed she wasn't due until a few months after me. His response, "You looked like that last time." Thanks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband has been wonderful and understanding of my mood swings and frequent urinaton. However, my not so subtle mother, sent me a "Fit Pregnancy" magazine with highlights in it. Yes mom, i understand I've gained weight and I've had a hard time being active. Let's make me feel more self-conscious about it. Love her to pieces and apprecate the gesture but geesh. 
  • Options

I can't remember exactly what was said because I'm still livid over it, but it was something along the lines of: you should sacrifice your career to be a SAHM for our kids. When I responded with something like "but we can't afford that since I'm the breadwinner" he basically told me that we should sell our house and downsize to an apartment so that I could afford to be a SAHM.  I get that some people do actually do things like that but..... seriously??? Maybe I am taking it the wrong way but it definitely hurt my feelings.

• Options
    @ktomorrow we actually tried that when DS1 was born. DH quit his job and stayed home with him for about 3 months. It was pretty much a disaster (although I give him credit for even trying it)...at that point, DH couldn't take it anymore and decided to go back to work and DS1 has been in daycare ever since.
  • Options
    @rnyland1 What?! If you're the breadwinner, that would be tough to handle. I'm not sure selling your home that you OWN and renting an apartment is a good choice at all! He's not thinking straight, lol.

One of my best friends, who was making a 6 figure salary quit her job, on a whim, because she felt her job was cutting too much into time with her son and husband. Her husband makes about $40k a year. In California, a household income of $40k a year is tough to live off. Especially when you've leased a BMW, a Ford F150 and are currently renting a home in a nicer suburb. I can tell you, although she hasn't come out and said it, she's shaking in her pants a bit and wondering if she made the right choice now. And she's yet to come by any job to bring in ANY additional income!! No one needs that kind of stress in their life, especially with a new baby.
  • Options
    @TiffRox81..ummm yeah. the cost of living here in Houston is much lower than in Cali. But, my husband is a subcontractor -- so we'd also lose all of my benefits: health insurance, 401k, etc. Plus we still have a lot of other debts like student loans that we'd have trouble paying on one income. He's obviously not thinking clearly here at all.
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 I was just thinking the other day that I was so glad I accomplished so much in the nursery during the 2nd tri, even though my friends/family teased me, because now I have no energy. It takes me three times as long to do every project, and it's going to take everything I've got to finish the projects left on my list. So I'm really really glad I did so much while I had energy! 

• Options
    @Shelby00519 I'm with you! Everyone kept saying "you have so much time left, you don't have to everything now" and all I can think is, I don't want to do shit for the next six weeks so good thing I didn't listen. 
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 I'm with @theshannondee I got all my stuff done around 25 weeks. I'm exhausted now. I don't think I have the energy to do anything! My shower is this weekend and my husband knows he's on laundry duty and putting things away. It only gets harder!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    I wish I could have more done, but I think my parents are planning on getting us the dresser for our shower so I can't even get organized until I get the big furniture in there. We are getting a crib from my sister and are not going to even put it together until after the baby's born in the hopes that we find a house before then!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    And we still have soooo much left to do. Today I was in his room sorting through clothes and it took me over an hour when realistically I should have been done in 30 minutes. 
  • Options
    We haven't finished painting his room yet.. and I don't have most of his things because I think my mum and sister have bought basically everything and are giving it to me at my shower. Yeah we are screwed if he decides to come in the next 3ish weeks.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    @jlmartinez517 my epidural with DD felt like a nice wine buzz!
  • Options
    "Your belly looks fuller this week, not bigger just more round, you can tell the baby's growing now ..." 

Uh thanks? But all that means is that I'm growing fast haha. 
  • Options
    @HMcDade1 I got that too last night, from the husband. "Wow, I think you're like doubling in size each week! The doctor was right! That baby is growing" I shouldn't be offended, given that I've continuously been told I'm on the smaller side, but I couldn't resist being like, "No I'm not DOUBLING!!!" Geez, guy. 
  • Options
    "Woah, where did those come from?!" Referring to my ever-expanding love handles. It was almost funny how quickly he back-pedaled when I replied with "excuse me??". 
  • Options
    This wasn't my husband, but a woman in the chiropractor's office yesterday was talking about how her husband has been making a lot of comments to their almost 1 year old about how he needs to wean so "mommy can go to the gym and get her body back." I would MURDER my husband if he even started on that shit. Seriously, there would be no more of his balls attached to his body. 
    Thats totally how I would have responded to someone if they would have mentioned their husband said that. I probably would have said "Wow...thats a low blow. My husband wouldn't have any balls left after a comment like that....."

This wasn't my husband, but a woman in the chiropractor's office yesterday was talking about how her husband has been making a lot of comments to their almost 1 year old about how he needs to wean so "mommy can go to the gym and get her body back." I would MURDER my husband if he even started on that shit. Seriously, there would be no more of his balls attached to his body. 
    First of all, that's ignorant, cause mommy can still work out while nursing. You just have to be aware of limits.
    Second, that poor woman. I would LOSE IT if my husband said something like that to my kid.  Don't use my kid to talk to me, and don't ever say something that cruel. 
  • Options
    @jen11797 I did have a really hard time working out while nursing and gained weight that year. I leaked a lot and wasn't comfortable doing any serious aerobics that would help me really get fit. That being said, I would kill MH for saying anything like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SO saw this post on Facebook and is convinced that we receive puppy pads as pads. I thought they gave mesh undies? 
  • Options
    @jen11797 I did have a really hard time working out while nursing and gained weight that year. I leaked a lot and wasn't comfortable doing any serious aerobics that would help me really get fit. That being said, I would kill MH for saying anything like that.
    That really sucks! I'm so sorry! Putting in that effort and not reaping results is so discouraging. Most of my "working out" while nursing was cardio driven, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with intense training during nursing.  I know there are things to consider and avoid, and things that are safe and healthy. My milk dried up early because I didn't do consume enough calories. I'll know better this time. I'm hoping to BF for a year with this baby, so I need to learn more about recommendations for what to do when working out. Thanks for the research incentive! :-)
  • Options
    SO saw this post on Facebook and is convinced that we receive puppy pads as pads. I thought they gave mesh undies? 
    Mmmm. That goes IN the mesh underwear.  
  • Options
    Mmmm. That goes IN the mesh underwear.  
    Wait.... Is that seriously the size of pad you get??? I was assuming it was more like the think giant things they gave you in 7th grade gym class, not this monstrosity! 
  • Options
    @notsoblissylissyI was thinking the same thing! I mean Jesus are those huge! I would think you could hear those things making noise as you walk around. Haha!