July 2016 Moms
Options

Sh!t my SO said

Re: Sh!t my SO said

• Options

DH openly admitted throughout most of this pregnancy that he coulnd't wrap his head around the fact we are having a baby. We both have children from previous relationships, so being a dad isn't a new/scary concept to him, but this is our first together and he just couldn't really grasp the concept until recently. Only in the last few weeks when it is VERY obvious that I am pregnant and uncomfortable and our nursery is complete that he is finally turning the corner. He's started actually rubbing the belly and talking about "when Evelyn gets here..." He's a sweet man who LOVES babies and children, so it's not an inability to connect. He just didn't "get it" until it was in his face. And I'm sure it will become even more real when she's born. I'm okay with that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree @PhoebeJune1984 my husband is the best father. He always offers to help and has been so supportive of my feelings and helping take care of me when/if I need it, but he isn't the type of person to be rubbing my belly constantly or singing / reading to baby, it's just not him.
    It never bothered me, he has always been to important appointments, and when our babies were born, he was 100% invested and involved. That's what really matters to me.
  • Options
    lizhurtlizhurt member
    LadyFleck said:
    @lizhurt I hope it wasn't plugged in and actually hit him. 
    Alas, I only thew it on the floor, not actually at him. It did make a really loud, satisfying sound though...
  • Options
    @Kellyj103 hah! Oh lord, I love the back tracking. 

• Options
    kim1989kim1989 member
    I asked DH today if he feels like he's a parent of 3 yet and he said not really because baby isn't here. But that doesn't mean he isn't completely supportive and helpful with all that I'm going through in pregnancy. He does get the side eye if he ever complains about any illness or pain though. 

I think seeing this baby coming into the world will be an even more special experience for both of us because for our DS (2nd child) he was out of the country and didn't get to see him in person for 6 weeks. DH had never even held any other baby until our 1st was born but I never would have married someone that I felt was too childish or incapable of caring for their baby just as much as me 
  • Options
    HeathereaddyHeathereaddy member
    edited May 2016
    I'm sorry but that was funny! Lol @Kellyj103
  • Options
    My husband was just sleep talking about taking pills to make it colder. Totally not baby related, but cracked me up. 
  • Options
    Bringing this back...

We were discussing the "must have" items that we still need to buy, while browsing in the store. My husband tells me, I don't understand why we need this fancy monitor. We're only using it for like 6 months. Me: 6 months?!? I'm spying on this child well into his/her toddler years!! And it's not fancy, but it's not the cheapest model either. I'd prefer to choose something that got good reviews and won't crap out on us! 
  • Options
    We were talking about my husband getting a vasectomy.

Husband: Some guys from work said it could take a whole week to feel normal again.
    Me: I haven't felt normal in MONTHS and I won't feel normal for a long time after this baby is born. Also, this is my second time doing this..
    Husband: No, I get it but I just want you to understand where I'm coming from..

Right. Because after having two babies, I have no idea how painful something can be.
    A whole week? I know tons of guys who have gotten a vasectomy, and they were fine after 2 days (almost all of them scheduled on a Friday so they were back to work by Monday). The only ones I know that too longer....were the ones that were completely milking it for all it was worth....

@yeezusbutters there's a video from the Jim Gaffigan show buried in my IG somewhere and it's basically a verbatim conversation that me/DH had about vasectomies. (...off to Youtube to look for it) 

• Options
    my H had a vasectomy reversal. while the recovery time for the reversal is in fact longer than for a vasectomy, he totally milked it. that's just what guys do.
  • Options
    We were talking about my husband getting a vasectomy.

Husband: Some guys from work said it could take a whole week to feel normal again.
    Me: I haven't felt normal in MONTHS and I won't feel normal for a long time after this baby is born. Also, this is my second time doing this..
    Husband: No, I get it but I just want you to understand where I'm coming from..

Right. Because after having two babies, I have no idea how painful something can be.
    This makes me roll my eyes SO hard. DH is on board with a vasectomy as well but I've asked him to wait til he's 30 (2 years away) because although he's 100% done with 2, I'm only about 99% sure and want us both to be totally sure before we take permanent measures. He'd probably go do it now if I told him I was ready. I anticipate him being a major baby after the procedure, to be honest, but I'm grateful that he's willing to do it as I have friends whose partners are adamantly refusing to ever have one done. I think it helps that he has friends who've done it and told him it was just a couple days of discomfort.

Since I'm getting a repeat c-section I felt a bit of internal pressure to just get my tubes tied during my surgery, but I'm not ready and, to be honest... I just don't want to get my tubes tied. My body has gone through enough. I know the risks are minimal but I just don't want to take them. DH's turn to be responsible for our reproductive choices!
  • Options
    @DobbysSock AHAHA!!! I love your monitor story. I can totally see that happening in our house. Very big brother'ish but I will ride it out as long as I can, too!
  • Options
    My mil's sister has had 5 unplanned pregnancies. Condom, pill, IUD,vasectomy, and during menopause. Some people just get pregnant when men look at them 
  • Options
    My mil's sister has had 5 unplanned pregnancies. Condom, pill, IUD,vasectomy, and during menopause. Some people just get pregnant when men look at them 
    Not a problem here! I had issues... and this baby is an IUI baby.
    But she sounds like my cousin. Who had twins, and went to the Dr for a tubal. She was breastfeeding on a pill. At her pre-op visit two days prior to sx, she was pregnant again. With a 2nd set of twins.
  • Options
    My husbands new nickname for me? Chunky buns...thanks babe
  • Options
    An acquaintance of mine was telling me how her husband was looking into a vasectomy and went to "the" vasectomy doctor in our area. The info pamphlet he was given said stuff like "During the 6 week recovery period, your husband will be unable to lift anything heavier than a beer can or the television remote..." and other BS like that. Clearly written by a man for a man. And yes, it said 6 week recovery.