October 2016 Moms
Options

Super Awesome Honest Giant Baby Names Thread

Re: Super Awesome Honest Giant Baby Names Thread

• Options
    @kmolleltz my heart always gets so warm hearing you talk about your soon to be son. Ftr, I love either Isaiah or Abigail with your son's name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    @kmolleltz my heart always gets so warm hearing you talk about your soon to be son. Ftr, I love either Isaiah or Abigail with your son's name. 
    Thank you. I know I haven't given birth, but Tumaini is very much my son already. On the days (once a week) when I dont see him my heart aches. Partially pregnancy hormones but basically I cry all the time thinking about how badly I want him home already! 
    I will call him your son too then :) I almost did, but I wasn't sure if it was a done deal already or not. I may have missed this somewhere, but when do you think you'll get to bring him home? 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I actually love Tumaini and Isaiah together! Like pp said, both have the multi-vowel thing going on. So happy for your growing family!
  • Options
    Michi1382Michi1382 member
    edited May 2016
    That's a TON of Emmas!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I can't wait for you to announce that you finally have your son home with you! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ecpdvmecpdvm member
    Genesis, Washington DC? Seems random...
  • Options
    So of course hubby and I are having a boy, which funny enough we both were secretly hoping for, but I only had girl names that I loved.  We are thinking about Jace, my family does not like it at all.  I had to spell it out for them, like c'mon it's not a challenging name!  The middle name I think we're naming after hubby's dad, which is a Danish name (Jens pronounced Yens, but no one says it that way).  

Who knows! All I know is 20 weeks is a long time to change names.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think we are pretty set on Forest Henry for a boy and Lenora "Lennie" JoAnn for a girl. 

My older kids are Cecelia Michelle and Emerson Ryan 
    Meeting you was fate
    Becoming your friend was a choice
    But falling in love with you I had no control over

Courtney and Timothy Married 7/16/11 
    Parents to:
    Cecelia Michelle 6/10/10  
    Emerson Ryan 12/21/11

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    Michi1382 said:
    @kmolleltz I can't wait for you to announce that you finally have your son home with you! 
    UGH ME TOO. hahaha. I was actually thinking about announcements for him yesterday. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania, East Africa, since 2013
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB: November 19, 2013)
    March 2021 - Bonus daughter, N, moved in with us (DOB: June 6, 2014)
    BFP #3 - April 25, 2024 -- EDD January 2, 2025
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I would love to see any and all ideas you have! That's an exciting announcement! (I think I can safely speak for us in saying that we would all love to see the announcement ;) )
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    @michi1382 I found out I'm not suppose to share his picture on public forums until things are finalized, but after that for sure!
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    @michi1382 I found out I'm not suppose to share his picture on public forums until things are finalized, but after that for sure!
    DH - Tanzanian
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Woo! Can't wait!
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    especially because I can't wait to show y'all how stinkin adorable my boy is.

...actually if you look up "Neema House Arusha" on facebook you can find him on there ;) (since I've already shared a video of the place its obvious I work there)
    DH - Tanzanian
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    especially because I can't wait to show y'all how stinkin adorable my boy is.

...actually if you look up "Neema House Arusha" on facebook you can find him on there ;) (since I've already shared a video of the place its obvious I work there)
     I don't know which one is your boy but OMG, I WANT ALL THE BABIES. So precious. What a rewarding job!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    @Mrscorker they are precious. They can also be little monsters. I'm trying to leave little pieces so if you noticed what his name is in this thread he's the only one there with that name ;) 
    DH - Tanzanian
  • Options
    I had just brought up Hazel and Ava to hubby last night and he loved them but now they're sounding pretty popular. I liked the name Autumn but I don't know if it's side eye worthy for a baby actually born in autumn
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kmolleltz o.m.g. So precious!! 
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @aesthyerin I love the name autumn!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mommym234 said:
    @sjo&thetwins I love both of your names. They are way adorable.

I was watching pipi long stocking last night and realized how much I love the name Anika for a girl, but can't think of a good middle name. Any ideas?

For a boy we're thinking Gilbert or Francis after our grandfathers,  or Emil after my great grandpa. Also not sure on middle names for these.. Maybe Francis Gilbert?
    I am soooo behind on this thread but as this is my top girl name (and we are having a boy) I will weigh in, even though someone may have mentioned it. First of all, the official Swedish/European name is spelled Annika (if that's important to you). I originally wanted Annika Kirstie but changed to Annika Ilona to honor my great grandmother (it's the Hungarian version of Helen). Annika Rose is also beautiful. I LOVE that name. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    mrskratt said:
    When your husband finally gives input on ONE single name he likes...
    Periwinkle.
    Seriously?!
    He said it can be a boy or girl name and "Peri" for short. 
    Ugh. 
    Like from Blues Clues?   :D

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    minabelminabel member
    We still have a lot of names picked out. Our top are Hannah, Gabriella, Audrey, Ariadne.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kelliott09 yes! He just said that's where he heard it from and really liked it. Haha. I don't think I'm going to allow him anymore input  ;)
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    mrskratt said:
    @kelliott09 yes! He just said that's where he heard it from and really liked it. Haha. I don't think I'm going to allow him anymore input  ;)
    Nope, he's done! ;) 
  • Options
    @mrskratt - just remind your husband that "peri care" is the term used to describe cleaning the perianal area. So, like, wiping vaginas and butts. 
    WSS
  • Options
    We finally picked a boys name only for my father to inform me he hates the idea of my son being names John after him because he hates his own name. So I'm stuck my DH wants middle names so now I have to pick a boys name on my own I hate naming boys I was so stuck with my first son I ended up just naming him Russell because I was stuck. 
    I have George
    Gilbert
    Edmond 
    Oden
    Orio
    Teunis (dutch for Thomas)
    And Sydney

We agreed on Wynter for a girl we have named our other kids with some weird spelt names so it fits right in with Faythe and one other one. It's annoying me I can't pick a boys name and nothing pops out to me. 
  • Options
    While Orio makes me think of a delicious cookie, it might remind others of a racial slur. George will remind people of Prince William's son, which you may or may not like. Personally I think that Edmond and Sydney go best with Russell, but Sydney is used as a girl's name as well, so you may or may not like that.

• Options
    @agentcarter what about Liesel (LEE-zel)?  It's gotta be hard to love a particular name, but know you don't want to do it due to something that is popular culture.

We've decided on Flint Marshall tonight.  I call the LO Bojangles as a nickname, but DH corrected me and said, "His name is Flint."  So.. we are decided. :)  I still don't want to tell others though. I told DH that maybe while I'm in active labor people can find out.
  • Options
    @mintz1982 Russell and Gilbert are nice together. What about Thys? Kind of like Teunis, but I think it's a little more recognizable and fits better with Russell.
  • Options
    I love Liesel. Good suggestion @Piperella

@Mintz1982 - Oden is my fav on your list. Orio is no bueno but Orion is one we considered when we had DS.
  • Options
    Crap I feel so far behind :(

I had a girls name picked out fully expecting it to be a girl. But It's a boy! And so far, we have zero names that are a possibility!!! I've searched, read and looked around. Nothing yet. 

I think the problem is that I want a stronger masculine name (think, Smith). And hubs so far has given me names that I count as girls name. Ie Payton or Avery. I KNOW they can be used for both genders but I can only assume that he would share names with other girls in school and I'm concerned about teasing???

• Options
    @vcabbyw , Same here! i was fully expecting a girl and nope, we are having a boy so back to the drawing board.  
    SO's name is Andrew and we want to have SO's name as baby's middle name. Unfortunately, I can't find much that flows with ---- Andrew.  We like the name Cameron.  Does Cameron Andrew seem off? Suggestions welcomed!
  • Options
    @Mintz1982 I went to school with a boy named Sidney but he went by Sid. I think the Si- spelling makes it more masculine. I only know girls who spell it Sy-  

@Sprinkles28 I think Cameron Andrew sounds fine. I also like Thomas Andrew, Parker Andrew, Robert Andrew, Or James Andrew. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @Piperella I LOVE Leisel!! I love the Book Thief too which is where I first heard it. So pretty.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:
    @Piperella I LOVE Leisel!! I love the Book Thief too which is where I first heard it. So pretty.

Whaaaaat haven't you ever seen the Sound of Music?! ;)

@Piperella I also love the name although I've usually seen it spelled Liesl. Very Austrian :)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @books&icecream - I had seen it spelled Liesl as well.  When I was a camp counselor, the lifeguard's name was spelled that way.  I just gave a more American spelling. I think either way, you can't go wrong if someone chose that name. :)  I think it's a beautiful name.