Infertility
Options

March FET Buddies

Re: March FET Buddies

• Options
    mskeenan  been thinking about you all day - I'm so happy for you! maybe twins!!
    capps42613 what does your RE say about 1 vs 2? good luck on th!
    Today was supposed to be my transfer, so I'm a little bummed.... I still haven't gotten my updated protocol so I'm not sure how far delayed we'll be.

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @MelD17011 I will speak with RE tomorrow. Initially he said he would NOT transfer more than 1 considering **TW** I've held a successful pregnancy (8 years ago) and because of my age (28). But that was before I began stimming and thought I would progress better. We'll see. Sorry your bummed today, I could imagine. Hoping you get your protocol soon! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MelD17011 I was thinking about you today. Im sorry. 
  • Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited March 2016

Thank you ladies!! I am nervous for my second beta tomorrow. When I heard my number I asked the nurse if it could be twins. She said that it's really not possible to predict twins from an HCG level. She said twins actually typically have a little higher of an HCG level than I do. She said they won't know until last week as things continue to progress as they are supposed to. I would be happy with 1 or 2... just praying for a healthy successful pregnancy!  *TW* After having a CP in the past, I'm terrified. But, I  keep reminding myself to enjoy this time and keep positive!! I didn't even think it would be positive, I had really given up hope and didn't feel like it would happen.

@alexiskiriluk I'll be thinking of you today! I hope the transfer goes well! Are you taking it easy after? I took the day off of work and binge watched House of Cards. Praying for a sticky little one!!!

@JWilsonKC I'm with you on the sweating. I'm sweating through my shirts. It's like my deoderent just stopped working. My temp is fluctuating a LOT, too! I wonder, too, if its just the medicine. Progesterone has always done crazy things to me!

@Rachd110 That is very confusing! I would think that the darkness of the line does correspond to a higher HCG level. But, too, you can get diff results at different times of the day depending on if your urine is diluted. Also, as someone else mentioned there is SO much variability in people's HCG levels. I'm so sorry you have to go through this uncertainty ! 

@capps42613 That is so tricky! Transferring two does increase chances but it's not a huge increase. My doctor projected that my chance of success with one embryo was 50%.. with two about 60%. So 10% is still a good bump. But I think it depends on a lot of factors. I want to say age being one of them. I was advised to do one and we did two. I don't regret it because my husband and I are comfortable with the idea of two. I know many people are very adverse to the idea because of all the risks that come with that. Let us know what you decide! Also, most embryos survive the thaw. I would ask your RE about the survival rate through the thawing process. That might give you some piece of mind if you do want to do just one.

@Rachlee2010 I originally tested at 4 and 5 days after 5dt. I've heard of people getting positives then, but I really think I tested too early. I didn't take any tests after that before my beta. I'm glad I didn't. In addition to spotting, I had cramping. Like almost full on, period like cramps. The spotting and bleeding actually just randomly stopped. My temperature has also been fluctuating a lot. At some point every day I've been running a low grade fever. I'm sweating profusely. Other than that... really not anything!  *TW * With my last pregnancy (CP), my symptoms were very different. I also ran the low grade fever but my boobs were SO painful and I was very weepy. ** I hear ya, the TWW is awful!! When is your beta again?

@MelD17011 I'm so sorry!! I really hope you get your updated protocol soon so you at least have a plan moving forward to focus on.  Still hoping your delay is not too long!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Congrats on that great beta @mskeenan you must be so excited! 

@capps42613 It's a tough call. My RE doesn't allow 2 to be put back, risk of twins is too big - I think it's different schools of thought. But if you really want to try it, you should insist. Given your age and previous pregnancy though, I guess you are good candidate for just 1 transfer? It's such a hard decision. Wish you lots of patience to make this tough call. 

@Rachd110 I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. It sounds so nerve wrecking. keep us posted yeah. 

AFM, transfer tomorrow morning! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options

@Rachd110 and @mskeenan Good luck with your second hcg testing today.  I did my blood test this morning and will be doing the waiting game again today.  I just wish this got easier!

It will be interesting to see how our hcg numbers all compare for the second round of testing. 

• Options

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! @flanners1

@JWilsonKC Yes, keep us updated on your number! My second beta is actually tomorrow (ugh! I wish it was today). I hate waiting.

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Just got home from acupuncture and getting ready to leave for my transfer!! 1:30 today!!! So excited and nervous!! 
  • Options
    @alexiskiriluk excited for you! GL for a smooth transfer :smile: 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    MelD17011 So sorry to hear about your delay. Hoping you will get everything worked out soon. Waiting for all of the details is sometimes the hardest part!
    alexiskiriluk  - fx for transfer day! praying all goes well. I like the idea of doing acupuncture on the day of transfer! 
    mskeenan  - great news about 1st beta! So exciting for you. 
    JWilsonKC  - fx for good numbers!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    got my updated protocol today and looks like transfer will be end of April. Right now it's scheduled for 4/25 but will changed based on when I get my period this month. For this round I'll be doing the Del Estrogen shots vs the suppositories, so hoping I make out better on this. Any advice for the shots?
    end of April feels forever away
    Good luck to everyone this week..... I'll continue to lurk to see how you're all doing..... maybe I'll start an April/May FET thread

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @MelD17011 good luck. I hope changing your meds does the trick!! 

AFM transfer is compleat! Everything look great. Now we just wait!!! 
  • Options
    @alexiskiriluk awesome! You're officially PUPO!! 

@flanners1 transfer buddies!! GL to you.

Update: our 2 embabies are still doing well. Per our RE's recommendation, and deliberation between DH & I...we've come to an agreement to transfer both embryo's tomorrow @ 10am EST. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @capps42613 congrats!! So exciting! We can be PUPO together!!!
  • Options

@capps42613 Congrats on your big decision to transfer two!  We went through the same back and forth and ultimately decided on two.  I'm 34 and DH is 43, I didn't feel like time was on our side so I wanted to transfer two to ensure at least one worked. 

AFM, ladies I am over the moon excited!  Second beta test today came in at 870!  My first test was 365, so a significant increase in 48 hours.  The nurse said, nothing is for sure, but be prepared for twins!  They wanted to see the level rise by 53% in 48 hours...it was over 100% increase.  On the not so good side, my TSH levels are showing increased which can cause a higher rate of miscarriage; so I'm off to my primary care doctor tomorrow to get on meds ASAP. 

• Options
    @JWilsonKC excellent beta!! Fx for both to stick! I would be thrilled if I get so lucky. Thanks for your support <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    great beta @JWilsonKC

@MelD17011 I am currently on the del estrogen as well as PIO...I started the del estrogen first and take it every 3 days. I usually ice the area for just a minute or two before the shot and then DH gives it to me and after I put heat on it, massage the area and walk around a little bit (sometimes I do some squats) just to get the meds moved around as much as possible. I don't find them to be to bad. Hope it works better for you.

@alexiskiriluk welcome to the 2ww..it sucks..haha..When is your beta? will you POAS beforehand??
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wow, I was offline a few days and there has been so much news!
    @MelD17011 I was sorry to read about your cancellation, but your new plan sounds exciting too! Trust in your doctor and remember, a month will fly by!!
    @JWilsonKC Congratulations!!!! Your beta tests posts were exciting to read. I am praying for a healthy pregnancy. Good luck on your visit to your PCP.
    @capps42613 That is exciting news about your decision! FX for a smooth transfer tomorrow and a short wait :wink: 
    @alexiskiriluk Good luck!!!
    @Rachd110  Thanks for the response. I am definitely going to try the nuts and pineapple!!! FX for your next beta!
    @mskeenan Congratulations!! I am so very exciting for you! Good luck on your second test tomorrow! 

AFM, today I had my second monitoring visit with ultrasound and estradiol test. I am not entirely sure how to interpret results, but I think they are okay. I have been on meds for 5 days and I have 9 total follicles (4 in right ovary measuring 9, 11, 12, and 14 mm and 5 in left measuring 5, 7, 8, 8, and 10 mm). Estradiol level at 274.5
    The sonogram nurse also mentioned lining at 7 or 8 saying it increased by 2 since Monday. On another note, I had to give myself a shot for the first time and I did it! I was shaking though afterwards :blush: 

Me: Sarah, Age 34
    DH: 34
    Us: Married 9/12/2006
    TTC since May 2014
    DH: Male factor low motility and abnormal morphology
    Me: tests show "normal"
    September 2015: initial infertility testing
    February 2016: hysteroscopy, started BC
    March 2016: IVF cycle

• Options
    Ahhhhhh!!!! Amazing news!! Congratulations @Rachd110
  • Options
    @saritafernandez awesome stats! Fx those follies keep growing. Your lining sounds great! They want it at a minimum of 8mm prior to transfer, so you're on your way!

@rachd110 woohoo!! Super excited for you. Congrats girl!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Rachd110  SO very excited for you!  :)
  • Options
    *lurking* @Rachd110 Ahhh so happy for you, girl! I've been reading all the posts and when you were explaining how dark your lines were and your hcg was only 15, I did think to myself, hmm I wonder if they got her level wrong! I'm so glad you got good news! 

Also @mskeenan I've followed a lot of your posts, too, and so happy for you as well!!!

Good luck to the rest of you gals, too!
  • Options
    @Rachd110 great to hear the results were so good

@alexiskiriluk you're officially PUPO! 

@capps42613 so excited we are transfer buddies. I'm a few hours ahead of you in Asia so I just had mine done. All went really well.
    Fingers crossed yours goes well too and congrats on your decision. 
    When do you guys have your beta? Mine is scheduled for the 27th. 
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    @capps42613 congrats on the transfer!!! Was yours a 5dt? Mine was a 6dt and I am not testing until the 28th. May have to POAS sooner ;-)
  • Options
    @Rachd110  *lurking* because we've been on so many other boards together... Congrats lady! So glad to hear the good news!!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    Rachd110  - what exciting news!!!! I bet you are so relieved. 
    capps42613  - that's so neat that they gave you the imagining of the embryos! praying for a sticky transfer :)
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @capps42613 those are some great looking embabies. Yay, you're PUPO!

@halips hey there! It's great to hear from you. How are you doing? I haven't been on a lot of other threads lately.

I am feeling so much more at ease today than the last couple days. But you know, there is always something to worry about during this IF journey. I've had on and off left side pelvic pain for the last couple days. Hopefully, it's just my muscles and ligaments starting to stretch. It's worse at night, but not unbearable.  

I can't wait until everyone else's beta. So far all BFP! This group is good luck.
  • Options

This board has so much activity...and good activity at that!  I love it!  :)

@mskeenan good luck on your second beta today!
    @capps42613 and @flanners1 congratulations on your transfers today!!  Hoping for a quick 2ww for both of you!
    @saritafernandez a 7 or 8 lining is great!  My RE said they wanted a minimum of 8mm, so you are progressing great!
    @Rachd110 my transfer was on 3/4, so my beta results were 365 at 10 days post transfer and the second beta was 870 at 12 days post transfer.  I'm so sorry you had to go through that with a lab screw up!  This process is draining enough, that situation doesn't help any.  Hopefully they feel bad and will take extra good care of you now! 

If I'm correct, we have had three positive betas in a row with myself @Rachd110 and @mskeenan and all of us may be having twins.  Hoping for all the positive energy and good luck to continue! 

• Options
    I love all the BFPs happening here! Let's keep the sticky vibes going. :)

I'm headed to acupuncture now to prep for my transfer tomorrow. !!!!! The doc wants me on bedrest for all of Friday (after the transfer) and Saturday. Did anyone else have this? Can we say stir crazy?
  • Options
    @ssandberg Happy transfer day tomorrow! Best of luck. How many are you transferring?
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Thank you @capps42613! Sticky vibes to you too :) We are transferring two. 2 five-day embryos. Beta will be 3/28. Ekkkkkkk! :)
  • Options
    @ssandberg my FET was also on a Friday with the same protocol- bed rest the remainder of Friday after transfer, all day Saturday, and we could travel home on Sunday (our RE is out of State).  They said I could get up for a "quick snack" or use the bathroom, but that was it.  For a couple days after I could do a flight of stairs (one up/ once down) per day, no laying on your stomach, and no lifting more than 5 lbs...which they still have me doing and my transfer was 13 days ago!  I feel good so it's very hard to slow it down and take it easy. We rented a bunch of movies to get through the bed rest!  Good luck!

• Options
    It's interesting how different Drs advice is. I was told to take off and rest (not complete bed rest) the rest of transfer day and the day after. After that I could resume regular activity. Not to lift anything over 25 lbs a few days  no major exercising and I specifically asked about sleeping on my stomach and was told it's fine 
  • Options
    I was also told to be on bed rest for for 2 days after transfer. No lifting anything heavy and no exercise. No sex - isn't that ironic! - and no air travel for 10 days. 
    @ssandberg hope they both stick! Best of luck x
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    @ssandberg good luck today! Hoping for one or two sticky beans! My transfer was on a Thursday, I was told to take the rest of the day off with minimal activity. Back to normal after 24 hours with the exception of exercise and sex. I took Thursday and Friday off. Pretty much took it easy all weekend, but definitely no bed rest. 
  • Options
    @mskeenan how was your second beta yesterday? 
  • Options
    I was going to post this the other day, but here is my blast that we transferred. He is hatched or in the process, didn't get all the details....
    min worried I'm not lounging around enough. I'm getting up to go to the bathroom and eat and I did a small load of laundry 24 hours after (I have a washer dryer in my bedroom) 
  • Options
    @ssandberg good luck today!!!!