Infertility
Options

March FET Buddies

Thought I'd start a group for all the March FETs. Mine is in 3 days and I am so nervous.

A little background on me. My husband and I are in the unexplained category. I am 33 and DH will be 35 this summer. No medical issues that we know of. My fresh cycle back in November resulted in a very early miscarriage or ectopic (they couldn't tell because embryo was too small to see on US and my hcg numbers were acting funny). Before that we had two failed IUIs. We've been trying for almost 2 years now. We had to wait 10 weeks before FET because of medication I was given for the possible ectopic. I'm really hoping this one sticks for a healthy nine months. 

We are planning to transfer two embabies. DH and I have talked and we are ok with twins. If that's the case then we are done. What I'm worried about is a heterotopic pregnancy. That is when one implants in uterus and the other implants in tube. I've read that it's rare, but increased chance in assisted pregnancies and because I may already have an increased chance of an ectopic pregnancy, it worries me. All I can do is hope for the best.

What are you all doing to prepare for your FET? I asked DH to buy me a whole pineapple and Brazil nuts since they supposedly help with implantation. No real medical proof for it though. I've also been doing acupuncture once a week. I will have one session the day before my transfer and the day of transfer. 

Good luck to all the other March FETs!

Re: March FET Buddies

• Options
    Good evening! !! I posted my own thread called "acupuncture +Ivf" today so that can give you some background on us. We are also in the unexplained category.  I'm going on my 3rd attempt at ivf, my 1st 2 fresh cycles did not take.  I am now going to FET and have 7 FEs. I have also started acupuncture 3x a week,  and will do that until after the FET. I am 30, DH is 43.dr is going to switch my medication to a intramuscular injection, because my body has rejected the estrace twice now.  My uterus has not gotten thicker than 6mm, so he won't transfer until its higher.  I'm fustrated and trying anything this time around ti really get that lining thick.  Best of luck to you ob your ivf journey
  • Options
    Hi @dadezbombz I am sorry that estrace isn't working for you. Hopefully the injection works. Do you have to administer it everyday? Crossing my my fingers that this time your lining thickens enough for a transfer. 

I love acupuncture. It really helps me relax.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies I'm also having my FET this month. This is the second one for us, first didn't work out unfortunately. I have the same issues as you @dadezbombz -my lining just won't thicken. In fact we had to cancel the last cycle because the pills didn't work. I'm back on injections now but my last two appointments have not shown good lining results either although I've never had lining issues on our IUI or even ER cycle. Fingers crossed it still works out this month. 
    Good luck to you with the transfers 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    @flanners1 sorry to hear about your lining issues. I'm hoping your next appointment brings good news and you can move forward with you FET.

My transfer is tomorrow. After a long 3 month wait, it's finally here. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies ! I would love to join you all ! I'm scheduled for my FET this Friday . My first transfer ! I am so nervous but will be doing acupuncture right before heading to the surgical center for my procedure to calm down . I also plan on eating tons of pineapple !! I'm worried I won't sleep tomorrow night ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan good luck tomorrow! I hope you can get a good night sleep. My transfer was today and I definitely did not sleep well last night. I was so anxious. Now I just wait for my beta on 3/14. I'm probably going to poas sooner. What about you? Do you think you'll test early?

I had acupuncture today, ate pineapple with core and Brazil nuts. I read we shouldn't drink anything cold and cook veggies, but I really love my morning green/fruit smoothies. I'm still going to continue it. I don't think it can really do harm.
  • Options
    Hi ladies.... I am scheduled for my first FET on 3/15. I am nervous but excited! FX for everyone this month!

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @mskeenan good luck today!!!! It's going to work!!! I'll be thinking of you!!! 
  • Options
    @mskeenan good luck today, I hope it went well!! 

(I'm lurking, my FET is not until April, so I am curious to see how this goes for you guys!)
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    @mskeenan Hope all went well today. You're PUPO after today!! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @Rachd110 and @mskeenan congrats ladies, you are PUPO!  
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options

@Rachd110 I'm with you on the not sleeping well! I fell asleep fine but woke up at 3 am and could not go back to sleep! I ended up cleaning the entire house with my nervous energy. I guess it was nice coming home to a clean apartment? I don't think I'm going to test early. My beta is a day after yours, on 3/15. In the past when I have POAS I did it too early and it made me really negative and took my hope away. But, at the same time, it is uncomfortable getting the news over the phone from a nurse. When do you plan on POAS? I've been curious as to what the timeline is for being able to get a positive result after a transfer? I did acupuncture an hour before my transfer. It definitely helped me relax!! I ate a lot of pineapple too. I'm drinking a TON of tea... been doing red raspberry leaf tea and pregnancy tea. How are you feeling overall?

@MelD17011 FX for your transfer on the 15th!!

@alexiskiriluk Thank you!! Have you transferred yet??

@vssbrm I lurked also before my FET. It was nice to see so many positive outcomes. It really made me believe this could work for me.

@capps42613 Thank you!! How's everything going for you?

@flanners1 Thank you!!! :) Do you have a transfer date? Hope things are going well for you!!

I will say I expected more to happen during the transfer! It went by so fast! I thought the doc was gonna announce when my two little embabies were goin in but he didn't. He was just like alright we are done. and I said "are you serious?! that fast?!" I'm so grateful everything went smoothly. I had pregnancy like symptoms all this week but I'm pretty sure they are from the crinone and prometrium. So... I'm definitely not going to read into any of my symptoms as an indication of my transfer working! I'm praying for all you ladies!! March is a good month to get pregnant :)

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @mskeenan congrats on your transfer!! Sending pregnant prayed your way!!! I have a good feeling that you will have good news very soon!! I transfer on the 16th! Are you still laying low or are you back to your normal routine? 
  • Options
    @mskeenan wow you got up and cleaned your house. Good thing you had acupuncture before your transfer to help you relax. Mine was the day before and an hour after.

I completey understand not poas early, but I get that phone call while I'm at work. Negative or positive, I'd rather know ahead of time, so I don't get too emotional at work. During my possible ectopic I poas 8 or 9 days post 5 day transfer and got a very faint line. This time around, I think I will test next Saturday, which will put me at  9dpt. 

Im feeling pretty good. I don't have any symptoms from the progesterone or estrogen this time around. I'm trying not to read into it. How are you feeling?

This next week is going to go by so slow. DH goes out of town Wednesday and returns the following Monday. Hopefully I'll have great news for him when he gets back. 

@alexiskiriluk good look on your upcoming transfer!

@flanners1 how is your lining thickening? Do you have a FET date set?

• Options
    stranzmstranzm member
    edited March 2016
     I'll join here, as I am schedule for FET on 3/15 just like @MelD17011.  
    A little about me: fertility issues with my husband (low count, etc) and my age doesn't help (now 37).  **Child mentioned** We went through a fresh IVF cycle in July 2014 with success.  Two embryos were implanted, but ended up with one healthy, beautiful, strong willed little girl.  While 9 embryos fertilized, genetic testing reduced our population to 4 - 2 transferred, 1 didn't make to be frozen, and 1 remaining for FET.  That embryo didn't have enough cells in its biopsy for a conclusive test, so I'm a little nervous about if there are issues or not.  I have to say that I enjoy the greatly reduced meds on a FET cycle vs. fresh!  Best of luck to everyone!
  • Options
    @mskeenan thanks for asking, things here are going well so far. I began Follistim last night @ 300u. I go in Monday for lab work (3 days post beginning stim meds).

I didn't think of it when the nurse called and told me to begin Follistim. She did not mention to begin Menopur, which I have. Has anyone began stimming with ONLY Follistim? I'm scared she forgot to tell me to begin Menopur too, even though I read the instructions back to her. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    for those that have their beta schedule, how many days post FET is it? 
    Also are any of you feeling tired on the estrogen? I felt really good on the stims for ER and after, but after starting the estrogen I'm feeling really tired..... not sure if it's the meds or just the overall stress.
    stranzm what protocol are you on for you FET?
    I have a lining check and bloodwork on Thursday this week - hoping we're good for the 15th

--------

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @MelD17011 my beta is 11dp5dt, which is on a Monday. I think my clinic normally schedules it 10dp5dt unless it falls on a weekend. I'm not feeling tired from estrogen. The only symptom I'm feeling is on and off cramps since yesterday morning. I think it might be the Crinone or hopefully my embaby implanting. 

During my fresh cycle last November, I had a lot more symptoms, but that could have been from the stims. I also had 40+ eggs retrieved, so my body took a while to fully recover. 
  • Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited March 2016

@alexiskiriluk Thank you! Your transfer will be here before you know it! I made sure to take it easy the day of my transfer. My doc did not recommend bed rest the following day so my husband and I were out an about. We actually bought a house this weekend.. EEEK more stress! Horrible timing!! But also exciting :)

@rachd110 That's great you had acu before and after! ah I love it!! I could see how you would not want to find out at work. I work a lot outside of an office and am out and about all day so I'm hoping I can at least be in my car alone when I get news. Good or bad. I am feeling really positive but just so tired and so crampy. I know the crampiness is from the progesterone. Yuck!! I feel like a cow. It's all worth it though. I hope the next week goes by fast for you and that you do get to have some great news for your husband when he returns!!

@capps42613 I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! I did my gonal f (which is the equivalent in my understanding of follistim ) with menopur right away. Did you get clarity on what you were supposed to do? I's so hard to keep track of all the meds!!

@MelD17011 My beta will be 11 days post transfer. I think that's pretty standard?? I'm with you-I felt great on the stims (other than bloating) and now I feel just like a blob.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that we get some good things goin this week!

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Estradiol level at baseline was 22, now it's 120 after 12 days of Lupron (10u to 5u) & 3 days of Follistim (300u). Idk how to interpret that exactly, but the nurse says the level suggests that the meds are doing their job lol. I will decrease Follistim to 150u & add 2 vials Menopur tonight & tomorrow, repeat u/s & labs on Wednesday. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @mskeenan congrats on the new home!!! We are moving!!! Tomorrow! Packing has be crazy!!! So I have one week before transfer to get settled! We have had the house since February but we're doing work on it so I have been bring some stuff over but still....bad timing!!! My dr wants bed rest for first 36 hours and no heavy lifting for 4-5 days. That's going to be really hard. 
  • Options
    Hi all! I've been in the other boards, but would love to hop in here too. My first FET will be on the 18th if my ultrasound this Friday looks good. I've got endo and DH has MFI so we are a beautiful mess :) We did two IUIs last year before moving to ivf. I also had a fallopian tube removed mid year due to damage from the endometriosis. 

This process has so. much. waiting. and now it's crazy to be less than two weeks away from transfer. We banked two rounds of embryos first, and ended up with three 5-day PGS tested embabies and one unknown. 

We are currently in the debate over how many to transfer. Ideal outcome for us would be twins, but transferring 2 when we only have 3 known embabies makes me nervous. Now I'm leaning towards just transferring 1. 

Excited to get to know you all!
  • Options
    @ssandberg we're all so familiar with the whole waiting period.. It sucks to say the least! Happy to hear you are banking on a transfer super soon! As far as how many embryos you'll be transferring, what does your doctor think? 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @mskeenan congrats on the new house! We are hoping to buy next year. Our apartment has enough space for a baby...maybe even two babies. The only thing that sucks is that we are on the third floor and there is no elevator. So if both embabies stick, we'll probably be looking for a new place sooner than later. 

Welcome, @ssandberg! Since you did PGS, perhaps it's ok to transfer just one? I transferred one the first time around and two for this FET. The waiting period really sucks. I feel like we are always waiting. 

I wish we could find out if it worked instantaneously. Why have they not developed an US that can detect pregnancy right after implantation? I am having such a hard time focusing at work. I'm 5dp5dt. I've read some women get a bfp at 6dp5dt. I want to try to hold out until Saturday to poas. For my ectopic, I got a very faint line at 8dp5dt.  The next few days are going to go by super slow. 
  • Options

Hi all!  I'm new to the board, but I can't take the waiting and this group seems perfect for supporting each other!  @MsKeenan, my FET was on Friday as well; the 14th can't come soon enough!

Does anyone know what the estradiol and progesterone levels should be with a FET? 

I did blood work before the transfer on Friday- the nurse called late Friday and said my numbers were low and increased my PIO to 1 cc (from 0.5cc) every other day and increased estrace (estradiol) pills from once a day to twice a day.  They had me do blood work again on Sunday, which were increased but still low, so they increased my Vivelle patches from 1 patch to 2 patches every other day.  They aren't doing blood work again until the 14th which has me nervous. 

• Options
    Hi @JWilsonKC I don't know what the numbers are supposed to be. I started estradiol, 2mg three times a day, weeks before my transfer and still on that dose. They can't measure my progesterone because I'm on Crinone. Progesterone can only be measured if you are taking PIO shots. Sounds like your clinic recognized the low numbers early and increased your does right away.

• Options

@ssandberg we also did PGS – our RE won’t transfer more than one because of that. Have they given you any advice?

@Rachd110 do you think you’ll do a HPT? I have a couple at home but thinking about throwing them out before my transfer so I’m not tempted. I’ve heard many stories on these boards of people who get a negative but end up with a BFP.

AFM…. I have my lining check on Thursday this week…. hopefully these suppositories are working!

--------

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    What is the ideal lining for a transfer? 

Good of luck at your check @MelD17011

• Options
    @MelD17011 I'm trying to hold out until Saturday, which is 9dpt or 14dpo, so it should be pretty accurate by then. I don't have any tests at home so I don't cave and test sooner. I'll probably wait to buy the tests on Friday night. Good luck on your lining check! Hoping for a nice thick lining. 

@alexiskiriluk my RE wants lining to be at least 8mm for FET. Mine was at 9.6 mm.
  • Options
    @alexiskiriluk my RE wanted the lining at least 8mm but no greater than 15mm when they "locked it in" and started me on PIO shots.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Well ladies I have officially lost my mind . I took a pregnancy test last night and this morning and both BFN . I said I wouldn't test early . But anxiety took over . I cried and cried and I am just feeling like its not gonna work for me . My transfer was Friday - so there is still hope right ? I feel like I am running out of positivity and hope at the moment . I feel awful and just wanna cry and stay in bed . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @mskeenan  Stay positive!  My FET was on Friday the 4th and my doctor recommended not doing a HPT because you can get a false positive or negative.  For a blastocyst transfer you shouldn't test until the (minimum) 7th day as that's when it should start releasing hCG into your blood.  They told me implantation can take 1-5 days for a blastocyst- so the little embies may still be attaching!  Take it easy and stay positive!! Is your blood test on Monday?  
  • Options
    capps42613capps42613 member
    edited March 2016
    @mskeenan nooooo!! I wouldn't count yourself out. Betas don't lie. Keeping my FX for you!! <3
    If there is one thing I learned from this group is that I will not test earlier lol. 

U/S today (5 days post Follistim, 2 days post Menopur.
    L ovary: 6 follicles, 2 decent (15mm & 14mm)
    R ovary: 4 follicles, 2 decent (12-13mm, 14mm)
    -estradiol increased from 120 to 394 since Monday
    -uterus lining is measuring 9mm. They want it to be at least 8mm at embryo transfer.
    - I will continue my meds as they are til I go back for more labs & u/s on Friday. By then we will have a better idea if my retrieval will be Monday or Tuesday.

Overall, they said everything is moving along how it should be. I'm happy.

*edited for updated info from nurse*
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @mskeenan I think it may have been too soon to show up on a hpt. If you are going to POAS again, wait until 9 dpt for a 5dt, which is 14dpo. I found this website to be very helpful: https://www.bubblesandbumps.com/what-happens-after-embryo-transfer-day-3-day-5-transfer-calendar/

I'm trying to hold out 'til Saturday. 
  • Options
    @mskeenan hopefully you just tested too soon - I've heard so many stories of it happening on these boards. Thinking of you and FX

--------

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @MelD17011 - My protocol has been basically 5 units of Lupron every morning (10 units the first 5 days), 0.2-0.3ml of E2V on Tuesday/Fridays only, steroids and metformin every day.  I learn my new stuff tomorrow when I go for add'l bloodwork and ultrasound.  I guess my worst case scenario is that things aren't good for the FET on Tuesday, but I don't feel like that is going to happen to me.  I'm not as optimistic about the FET results, but I feel I'll at least get to that point :)
  • Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited March 2016
    Lurking, with a question, but first: 

@mskeenan don't give up hope, I have been rooting for you! It still so early, relax, watch some crappy TV and pretemd like you are on the acu table - and maybe* give that embaby a little pep talk!

AFM: Can any one help me out with the process for the FET? I had my retrieval last Thursday. today is CD19. I talked to the nurse today, and I am supposed to go in on Monday for them to "administer the Lupron" . I thought we would not be doing any of the next meds until my next cycle. On my calendar the next "step" the included was "possible *BCP start for transfer*" on March 14. I'm so confused. My transfer meds are: Lupron, lovonex (sp? It's a blood thinner), steroids and PIO. Thoughts? I have to call in the morning, but I'm so confused and could not stop thinking about it so I figured I would try asking for insight here. 

Good of luck to every one, my fingers are crossed so tightly for you all!!

*edited bc spell check had its own ideas last night
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    @vssbrm I don't have experience with lupron, but I think some clinics use lupron the cycle before your FET. I believe it suppresses everything and helps control ovulation. I was put on BCP for a month before my FET cycle. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! @capps42613 and @Rachd110 -- we are talking to the RE on Friday when I get my lining checked, but his nurse told me he'll recommend transferring "the best two". I really do want twins, but if this first FET doesn't work it makes me nervous that we only have 1 PGS tested remaining, and 1 unknown. The worst part? There's no right answer! :)
  • Options

Had my lining check this morning…. They said it had a good pattern but it was thin (5mm). I should hear back from my RE this afternoon. They were saying it may be a possibility that I will be delayed by a week to let my lining thicken. They also may put me on additional meds. I can’t believe I may have to wait even longer – UGH!! – I was feeling like we were in the home stretch. Just hoping this cycle doesn’t get cancelled all together.

On a side note…. This estrogen is kicking my butt – I am so exhausted I pretty much just crash after work.

@stranzm Let me know how you made out today

@vssbrm It seems like FET protocols vary quite a bit (more than for ER). I was put on BCP then started estrogen suppositories. Sorry I can’t be of more help – hopefully you can talk with your RE soon.

--------

3rd FET 09/14/20