July 2016 Moms

Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

Re: Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

• Has anyone tried to get multiple bags from BRU or BBB? 
  • mckcak23 said:

Has anyone tried to get multiple bags from BRU or BBB? 

I haven't tried yet. I got one from BRU when I registered, but I'm going back this weekend. My sister is going to sign up for her registry and I'll add things to mine. I'm hoping when we're done they'll just hand us both a bag. We'll see.
  • Loading the player...
  • mckcak23 said:

Did you guys go in and just ask for one, or did you actually start your registry at the time?
  • mckcak23 said:

Did you guys go in and just ask for one, or did you actually start your registry at the time?
    I started my registry when I got mine. 
  • mckcak23 Thank you so much for posting about the Amazon box. I didn't even realize Amazon offered a baby box like that until your post. I just redeemed mine after buying a pair of maternity tights I was going to buy anyways!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @PhoebeJune1984 it should be standard all targets here have them and it's definitely not a new thing. Try a different target and ask them.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• mckcak23 said:
    I have 2 targets and 2 bru I'm totally going to at least one more bru as they all seem to be different ;) 

• Yea I need to check out our other BRU, the one by me was super lame... I shouldn't complain tho, I've hit up 6 Targets so far...
  • I don't know if anyone on here registered with Target, but there is an amazing coupon in their gift bag that can be combined with a promotion in the store to save a bundle. Target is having a promotion that ends tomorrow. If you buy 3 value packs of diapers ( Pampers, Huggies, Honest Company) you will get a $20 gift card. I picked up my registry gift bag yesterday and discovered a coupon for the Honest Company for $25 dollars off a $50 or greater purchase of their products. The diapers are $24.99 each, so 3 of them would cost $74.97. Subtract the $25 coupon and that brings the total to 49.97 and if you subtract the gift card value it makes it $29.97. This makes the diapers about 0.12 cents each! Sam's Club is never this cheap. We ended up getting 250 diapers for about $30.00. If you haven't registered at Target yet, I highly recommend it since that coupon is well worth it.
  • Old Navy has 40% off "Kids 'N' Baby" Dunno how long the sale is for. Just walked into one this morning. 
  • @DominiqueU I had all 3 of those pants from target for ds! The red plaids were my favorite! waaahhh he's too big for those now! 
  • Gift Bag update: I went to Babies R Us again today. I had registered in the store a few weeks ago. My sister started her registry and I scanned some new things into mine. They keep track of whether you've registered in store before so they know whether to give you the whole product/promotion speech. Which means they also know if you've gotten a gift bag. Womp womp. No double BRU gift bag for me. They did, however, have a ton of clearance clothes that were an extra 60% off. My mom bought me about ten or twleve items for $39. I know I shouldn't buy so many clothes so early, but I can't help it. I see a deal and I have to do it.
  • Gift Bag update: I went to Babies R Us again today. I had registered in the store a few weeks ago. My sister started her registry and I scanned some new things into mine. They keep track of whether you've registered in store before so they know whether to give you the whole product/promotion speech. Which means they also know if you've gotten a gift bag. Womp womp. No double BRU gift bag for me. They did, however, have a ton of clearance clothes that were an extra 60% off. My mom bought me about ten or twleve items for $39. I know I shouldn't buy so many clothes so early, but I can't help it. I see a deal and I have to do it.
    I was the same way with my first. She ended up wearing NOTHING when it came to the newborn clothing (she was 9 pounds at birth, so they were already too small), and then in the larger sizes...she ended up wearing like half of the items I bought. HAHA
    edited January 2016
    Target update. 30% off Graco sale ends today! Also for products like our car seat which was in store only they said they'd honor whatever sale price was listed online (which rocked because it was $20 cheaper than the in store sale price). And at least at our Target they updated the registry gift bag (this is #2 bag for me, first came from same location). Now with Latch anti-colic lock bottle instead of Avent and this green "wet bag" looking bag instead of the grey chevron.

• I totally got jipped at BRU today.  My gift bag only had a bottle and some wipes w/ some coupons.  Boo!  I wouldn't have thought anything about it but you guys got such great bags!!  Time to register with Amazon, I guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No shame went to a third bru and got another gift bag this one was a reusable like target wtf how are they all so different?! 

• How far are you guys traveling to hit up all these different BRU's!? I have one near me and it's in the city to my south about 30 minutes away . I don't live in a small town either! 
  • @PhoebeJune1984 I've been making an effort to buy bigger sizes for this exact reason. I've been buying a lot of 6-9 months. And a few 0-3 because I can't help it. 
    @DominiqueU I stuck to a lot of the larger sizes as well, and made sure they were the correct sizes for the correct seasons. But when my baby completely missed the newborn size, her growth started slowing and she is actually more in the petite range. So when the 9mo summer clothes should have fit her, she was still rocking the 6mo, and barely 6-9mo...which were warmer clothes that I bought (because it rains 9mo out of the year here). The 9mo clothing finally fit her in the fall, when it was 60 degrees and raining almost every day. I was so bummed! Even now, she just grew out of 3T pants and button up shirts (she can still fit into short sleeve and long sleeve 3T), and she turned 4 in October. Meanwhile, my friends son was wearing 18mo when he was 6mo, and he just turned one and he is wearing 2T already! 
  • eBay is my new best friend when it comes to baby things. Got last years model of the 4moms Mamaroo for $150 -- new this year is $269 and also got an Ergo Original Carrier for $50 instead of $129. Both brand new in the box with tags! Super excited. Off to scope the next purchases on there!! 
  • I totally got jipped at BRU today.  My gift bag only had a bottle and some wipes w/ some coupons.  Boo!  I wouldn't have thought anything about it but you guys got such great bags!!  Time to register with Amazon, I guess.
    Mine was even worse! A pack of 6 baby wipes, a small fabric wipe travel holder that was torn, and coupons. Wth BRU!?
  • @PhoebeJune1984 I'm so jealous you got so much goodiesin your BRU gift bag! I registered today and all I got was a measly bottle and a bunch of useless coupons. The target gift bag was so much better and had a variety of stuff.

@lindsayleigh1989 if I recall correctly, you mentioned that you were able to get a couple of BRU bags from different stores? Just curious how you did that because I noticed today that they scan the gift bag to my account so it shows that I already received one. Just not sure how I'd be able to ask for another one at a different store without them checking my account and turning me down.
  • @simplymizzj they have never once scanned a gift a gift bag for me 

• CarbAddictCarbAddict member
    edited February 2016
    A lot of the BOB/Britax car seats and strollers are 25% off at Amazon this month!  

Also, for those who are not going the insurance route for a pump, the Medela Pump in Style with the Tote is $207 on sale instead of $300.

eta: found more deals
  • So I found out my insurance has a mommy baby program that is 3 phone calls with an rn one before 30 weeks one at 30 weeks and one a few weeks after birth. If I do it I get a 25 dollar target gift card they sent me a pregnancy booklet  and several freebies! I would have had no idea if I hadn't looked into it. So maybe others offer it as well! 
    Ours does this too! It's $150 gift card for first tri, $75 for second tri and they mail freebies and samples :) I just found out during second tri though. The only downside is the wellness check up over the phone was with an Indian call-center style guy who seemed very awkward asking about my cervical health and inputting my last menstraul period into the computer. He also gave me advice contradicting my midwife's advice about my prenatal vitamins... But whatever $75 and free pregnancy journal and water bottle so far!
  • @noelietrexDang and I thought my insurance had a good deal! That's awesome! 

• So I found out my insurance has a mommy baby program that is 3 phone calls with an rn one before 30 weeks one at 30 weeks and one a few weeks after birth. If I do it I get a 25 dollar target gift card they sent me a pregnancy booklet  and several freebies! I would have had no idea if I hadn't looked into it. So maybe others offer it as well! 
    Mine does it too! $50 first tri, $100 delivery and $50 on your post natal appointment. Plus the biweekly check in phone calls. Oh and I found out today that this check in lady is the person I can get to deal with getting my pump if Aeroflow doesn't deal with my insurance. Aren't these little programs awesome ?! So helpful! 
  • @noelietrex and @Lindsayleigh1989 my insurance has a similar thing but it was one phone call and then I just have my midwife sign off that I have gone to all my appts and my dentist sign that I had a cleaning and then I get a free car seat, a stroller, a diaper bag, or two boxes of diapers. I love free!
  • @noelietrex and @Lindsayleigh1989 my insurance has a similar thing but it was one phone call and then I just have my midwife sign off that I have gone to all my appts and my dentist sign that I had a cleaning and then I get a free car seat, a stroller, a diaper bag, or two boxes of diapers. I love free!
    I'm getting screwed! My insurance does this, I HAVE to do it, and I don't get jack as far as I know.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
    I'm getting screwed! My insurance does this, I HAVE to do it, and I don't get jack as far as I know.
    I feel a little screwed too. My insurance does this but not if you live in my state! Makes me wish I lived one state over. 
  • Check and see if your town has a Buy Nothing Group. On Facebook search Buy Nothing ____(name of your town). Ex. Buy Nothing Portland. I've gotten so many free baby things through here! Some groups are better than others, so beware. 
  • So question about the insurance thing and pumps, does the doctor have to prescribe you a pump before insurance covers it? How does this work if not, you buy it then tell insurance or...? I am so clueless.
  • @ninji15 Ask your insurance. For mine, I have to get a prescription and I have to buy from a medical provider. My insurance gave me the list of providers they will accept from.

BabyFruit Ticker