July 2016 Moms
Options

Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

chanfachanfa member
edited January 2016 in July 2016 Moms
Post here if you know of any secrets to getting free stuff or possibly any coupons or deals! I will try to update the main post as we go along to have all the links included so that it will be easier to read.

JUST FYI, if you sign up for any emails with any of these companies, make sure you have one specifically for pregnancy. These companies will sell your email address per some posters and you will start receiving a lot of junk.

FREE
  • Free goodie bags when you create a registry with BRU, BBB, Target, Mother Maternity
  • https://honeysucklemoms.com/ -- Go to the contact page and request some samples. I received an email within 24hours to confirm my mailing address and I am now waiting for it to arrive!! (@chanfa)
TRIAL

DEALS (Might be expired, please check and let me know)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

• Options
    I just found out my local BRU is having a registry party where they help sign you up and raffle away things. I imagine more BRU are doing these around the country, so i would be on the look out! Here is the link to see if there is a party happening near you: https://reserve.babiesrus.com/

Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the goodie bag from Target. It has more than the goodie bag from BRU.

• Options
    This isn't so much free but it's a chance to win a ton of free baby registry stuff. (I get bonus entries if you sign up through the link.). I think it also signs you up for emails, which is a pain, but I'm just in subscribing when they start coming. https://bit.ly/1R5VcWk

Also, if you have a Fitbit and a Shopyourway card for Kmart/Sears, you can connect them with Fitstudio and earn points for your activity. You used to earn 5 or 6 dollars a week, but it's down to like $2.50. I stop by Kmart once a week when I drive by and use it to get a free container of wipes. By the time baby comes, I'll be ready to wipe all the poop! I try to get a variety of brands in case of bad reactions, but it's completely free so who really cares.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I've seen people talking about these goodie bags.. How do you get them? Start a registry? I'm clueless but I love free stuff!
  • Options
    rakel88 said:
    @dolewhipper I've seen people talking about these goodie bags.. How do you get them? Start a registry? I'm clueless but I love free stuff!
    Yes! Start a registry and make sure you go into the store to make it, or at least update it. Make sure you specifically say, "I just made my registry" and keep looking at them until they get the hint. I had to do that with the Target employee yesterday until he asked, "Oh, so you didn't get your bag, huh?"
  • Options
    When you go into Motherhood Maternity they give you a goodie bag with a ton of coupons - actually 4 $25-$50 gift cards for slings, carseat cover and a nursing cover! Plus a free Avent bottle :)
  • Options
    I just bought some clothes from them, online, and I did not see anything about that. Do I have to register with them to get the coupon @rcaldwell727 ?
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    When you go into Motherhood Maternity they give you a goodie bag with a ton of coupons - actually 4 $25-$50 gift cards for slings, carseat cover and a nursing cover! Plus a free Avent bottle :)
    Just be aware each of these "companies" is just one company that charges about $15-$20 for shipping per item. So while you may get the item for free, they're making a ton off the shipping. 
    You have to register, BeachTigress

Honest Co has different free trials, I believe you have to cancel before they contiune sending you items https://www.honest.com/account/select-bundle
  • Options
    chanfachanfa member
    edited January 2016
    So just a heads up to those who might want to order the Belly Button band which is free except shipping (with coupons you can find online all the time). One day I was playing around and got up to the step that had me fill out my info, I saw the amount for shipping and just closed out of my order. I got a text msg from them and they offered me reduced shipping. 

I am not sure if they do this for everyone, but it is worth a try.

I have also updated the main post with credit to those who post info!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, the coupons that are free but pay shipping are not deals. Shipping is easily $12.95. And slings are often used wrong and not a smart purchase anyways (IMO). Those coupons are a dime a dozen. They're everywhere. They aren't deals and are often fairly crappy products so don't get suckered in.

Local for sale or trade groups are usually the real deals. But if you insist on new items, then it's not for you. I hate buying anything new anymore because even on sale it isn't as good as the price I can get second hand. Last time I purchased a snuza for $70, fisher price swing for $75, kick and play for $12. I turned around and sold it all for what I bought it for, except the snuza. I sold that for $50.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am sure similar things exist everywhere, but for central MD moms, check out the Tot Swap. It's a huge consignment sale and we've scored tons of items there for DD.  I wish I'd known about it when I was pregnant.   www.totswap.net
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Y0urm0mY0urm0m member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys I need your advice! A used dutailier glider is being sold on my local moms Facebook page for $40. That's a good price right? What questions should I ask?
  • Options

I just found out my local BRU is having a registry party where they help sign you up and raffle away things. I imagine more BRU are doing these around the country, so i would be on the look out! Here is the link to see if there is a party happening near you: https://reserve.babiesrus.com/

Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the goodie bag from Target. It has more than the goodie bag from BRU.

Thanks for this! I'm going to mine now next week I would have missed it otherwise!

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Y0urm0m good deal! Does it have the ottoman with nursing foot stool?
  • Options
    @Y0urm0m  and whether or not they had it cleaned... If not I would assume you would have to steam clean that thing like crazy
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So anyone on here know of how to get gift bags online, among the other deals? I don't live in an area with any of these stores. :( We just have a Walmart. I suppose I could always make a road trip. :wink: 
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    So anyone on here know of how to get gift bags online, among the other deals? I don't live in an area with any of these stores. :( We just have a Walmart. I suppose I could always make a road trip. :wink: 
    They won't do it online, but you can request samples. Possibly even calling diaper companies (huggies and pampers) and explaining it's difficult to get to those stores that provide them, they might send you stuff. 

Doesn't hurt to try!
  • Options
    quartz02 said:

@Y0urm0m good deal! Does it have the ottoman with nursing foot stool?

Yes comes with foot stool
  • Options
    chanfa said:

@Y0urm0m  and whether or not they had it cleaned... If not I would assume you would have to steam clean that thing like crazy

It's been reupholstered recently and painted. I don't know much about what that means
  • Options
    Just flipped through the flyers and there's a baby sale at BRU (in Canada), perhaps they have the same one in the US? https://www.flyertown.ca/h/m/toysruscanada/babiesrusflyer/browse?flyer_run_id=89729&locale=en&type=1
  • Options
    4 packs of Free Huggies Diapers!

Check the link here: https://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/2016/01/confirmed-4-free-huggies-jumbo-pack-diapers-over-2-money-maker-at-rite-aid.html

Basically, Huggies are on sale at Rite Aid for $7.99 a pack. If you buy 4 and use 4 of the printable $2 off coupons, you spend $24. Then you get a $10 Catalina (coupon to use on your next purchase at RiteAid) and $16 in Plenti points, which you also redeem at Rite Aid.

Essentially, you'll spend $24, get 4 packs of diapers, and then get $26 in other free stuff at Rite Aid. I did it today and I'm pretty stoked.

I'm a big couponing fan in general, and that website is the one I use to find all my deals. Enjoy!
  • Options

4 packs of Free Huggies Diapers!

Check the link here: https://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/2016/01/confirmed-4-free-huggies-jumbo-pack-diapers-over-2-money-maker-at-rite-aid.html

Basically, Huggies are on sale at Rite Aid for $7.99 a pack. If you buy 4 and use 4 of the printable $2 off coupons, you spend $24. Then you get a $10 Catalina (coupon to use on your next purchase at RiteAid) and $16 in Plenti points, which you also redeem at Rite Aid.

Essentially, you'll spend $24, get 4 packs of diapers, and then get $26 in other free stuff at Rite Aid. I did it today and I'm pretty stoked.

I'm a big couponing fan in general, and that website is the one I use to find all my deals. Enjoy!

You beat me to it. I was just about to get on here to report the same. I did the deal two times (once using my card and another using DH's card). Good start to stocking up.
  • Options
    @simplymizzj I didn't even think of using a different card. I don't think my husband has one, but I should sign him up for one just for this purpose.
  • Options
    @DominiqueU He didn't have one before today...I signed him up. Lol. Oh yeah, when you go to do the 2nd transaction, you can use the $10 Catalina you received in the first transaction to pay for it and still get another one.
  • Options
    I've gotten good deals from
    Albee baby before (on several car seats). They are having some giveaway drawings for 52 weeks in a row or something. I'm not big on social media so won't participate but thought some of you might want to try to win. https://gleam.io/7OpmB/albee-babys-52-weeks-of-giveaways
  • Options
    @ninji15 do you mean the gift bags for registries? I did mine on amazon and got a gift box. You have to add an item from each category and then spend $10 (anyone can buy something off the registry and then it works). I put my leachco pillow on it then bought it and I got the gift box, then I went back and deleted the stuff I didn't really want on my registry, but had to put to fulfill their requirements.
    Oh, I am totally trying this!
  • Options
    chanfachanfa member
    edited January 2016
    edited with info from @DominiqueU ! thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Free diapers from rite aid deal!
    First post with info expires this saturday!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Zulily has great deals almost constantly, but today they released a lot of baby related stuff. For example, the Chicco KeyFit 30 is $160 + shipping. Worth a look.
  • Options
    @chanfa Great job! I assume you did the deal twice using hubby's card too, since I see 8 packs? I tried to go back yesterday to get more (wouldn't be a moneymaker but still a good deal at $1/pack) and the shelves were completely wiped out! Bummer.
  • Options
    @simplymizzj haha yea, he drove me to rite aid so might as well! 

There is another one I found for next week for walgreens. Comes out to $2.62 per pack. I was going to update the first post when the deal was active : https://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/2016/01/huggies-pull-ups-jumbo-packs-just-2-62-at-walgreens-117-ibotta-rebate.html
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Babies R Us is having a registering event tomorrow. I think it's 11am-12pm. I think they're having some giveaways and raffles. I might drag the husband there to start a registry and try to get some free stuff...
  • Options
    Thanks @givemepenguinss! I'm signing up for Prime tonight! You can save 20% on diaper subscriptions!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    Babies R Us is having a registering event tomorrow. I think it's 11am-12pm. I think they're having some giveaways and raffles. I might drag the husband there to start a registry and try to get some free stuff...

I just registered to go tomorrow too!
  • Options

I just registered to go tomorrow too!

Do I have to register? Apparently I didn't look into this well. Lol.