July 2016 Moms

Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

Re: Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

• mckcak23 said:
    You have to go through their jumpstart registry starter. They want you to pick at least one thing from each category. There is a button that you can click that says I don't need this item. Once you have gone through the jumpstart then you have to have $10 purchased off your registry. For this I put something on that I was planning on buying anyway (honestly I bought DH a tractor puzzle in hopes that it would distract him for a few days). You have to wait until the over $10 item has shipped then you can click redeem now for the baby box. From what I found it is easiest on desk top not mobile. I couldn't find the redeem now button on mobile.

I believe you also have to be Prime Member...
  • Oh. I didn't even know that. I have been for years so I didn't think about it. Sorry!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @LifeofLauren2 @HMcDade1 It should be at all stores, it's on the regular website, not just ones for specific stores. :) I just saw it and was going to post about it, glad I used the search function and saw you beat me to it!
  • I also got that email today. Does anyone know if you have to use your 25% off that same day or if you can come back another day to use it? I've never participated in this event before.
  • So I just went through the long process of adding things to an Amazon registry to be eligible for the gift box then bought my pregnancy book of it which was 15 dollars but it didn't register it right away. Does it take some time to process the payment or has anyone done this before ?
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @Lindsayleigh1989 yes, you have to wait for it to ship before it will let you get the box.
  • mckcak23 said:

@Lindsayleigh1989 yes, you have to wait for it to ship before it will let you get the box.

Thanks for that!

• mswings1 said:
    I also got that email today. Does anyone know if you have to use your 25% off that same day or if you can come back another day to use it? I've never participated in this event before.
    You not only have to use it the same day, but you have to buy something that is in-store, so that does limit your choice of colors and some items.

BRU doesn't price match along with the coupon. And they bump all of their items up to manufacture pricing. A majority of the time, you can find the same item (except cheaper, and the color that you actually want), online. You have to pick what is in store, and use that day. That will limit your color options, and options on some of the brands/models. What sounds like an amazing deal, sometimes isn't. I posted about this somewhere, but now I cannot find it, so I will summarize what I said in the previous post. We went to trade in a carseat for my DD's Diono. BRU bumped the price up to manufacture pricing (they usually have a sale price on it), which was $360. They only carried black or gray in store (I cannot remember exactly which one, but it was only one of the two). After the 25% off, that brings it down to $270. Not only could I find it cheaper than that online, I could also get the color that I wanted and free shipping. I paid almost $20 less than what I would have paid at BRU with the 25% off coupon. So really do your homework when it comes to what you want, and if you can get it cheaper online. 

I am in the PNW, and I didn't get an email that they were doing the trade-in event, it is not showing on their main website for me, and it is not showing on their FB page for me.....so I am guessing it is by store and not nationwide. I even searched for the trade in, went to the local stores events, and did some hunting on the page......nothing about the trade in event was found. 
  • So I just went through the long process of adding things to an Amazon registry to be eligible for the gift box then bought my pregnancy book of it which was 15 dollars but it didn't register it right away. Does it take some time to process the payment or has anyone done this before ?

Just a heads up... if you hit the "Mark Items Complete" You don't have to go through and register in every single category.
  • Target has a great deal on their DaVinci cribs right now. They're $219-$269-ish and they come with a free mattress ($79.99 value). Not to mention, when you use a Target Credit or Debit card and get 5% off, plus the bulk handling fee ($30) waived. Also- I found a coupon code on Retail Me Not for $5 off $50. All together, after tax, I got the DaVinci Porter Convertible Crib for $271.40. Not bad, considering the list price was $269.99!
  • @Christine2M WayFair, AllModern and other online retailers of DaVinci cribs are doing this as well! We got our Jenny Lind crib from WayFair for a great deal and the included mattress was highly suggested in mattress recommendations I had read. Glad they included something worthwhile.
  • @theshannondee  Well dang! And here I thought I'd found some super special Target deal! Oh well ... I'm glad you were able to find a good deal too! I'm hoping when it gets here the mattress isn't some super crappy mattress they overstocked and are just giving away to get rid of. We'll see!
  • I learned that breast pumps are covered by insurance. If you already knew this, good for you.
  • @LoganLacey sometimes it can be hell figuring out what to do to get it. I call BcBS customer service and was told to go to a site that they accept as a seller and I would be given directions there. She sent me to the Walmart pharmacy who, of course, had no idea what I was talking about.

When I asked which pump was covered, she answered 'I believe a manual one?' This was an hour wasted of my life.

At this point, I'm attempting to use one of those services that handles everything for you. I refuse to deal with it any further and will just buy the damn thing myself if I have to.
  • pandaferh said:
    @LoganLacey sometimes it can be hell figuring out what to do to get it. I call BcBS customer service and was told to go to a site that they accept as a seller and I would be given directions there. She sent me to the Walmart pharmacy who, of course, had no idea what I was talking about. When I asked which pump was covered, she answered 'I believe a manual one?' This was an hour wasted of my life. At this point, I'm attempting to use one of those services that handles everything for you. I refuse to deal with it any further and will just buy the damn thing myself if I have to.
    This. Or they give you crappy ones. Last time I checked, Kaiser Insurance was only giving manuals in California, but electric ones in WA/OR. They use to give out Medela, and now they only give out Ameda. Ameda is known for having suction problems, many of them happen within a few months, and most of the people complaining are ones that breastfeed a majority of the time and rarely use the pump. You also cannot request your pump, until the baby is born, and then if you are a EP-er, you have to wait a couple of days before you can even get a pump. I was EP-ing with DD, and will do the same with this baby, so having that gap between ordering and getting the product, when my milk is already in and baby needs to eat....isn't going to work for me. Also, I used the crap out of the Medela, and that thing never lost suction and I had zero issues with it. So at this point, it just makes more sense to just skip insurance and buy a Medela out of pocket, so I have it as soon as baby is born, and I don't have to worry about it crapping out on me. 
  • Just an FYI if any PNW ladies have Moda insurance. I already called and spoke to them about a breast pump. You can spend up to $313 and change. They recommend a Medela but its your choice. You can either self-purchase and be reimbursed or bill them directly if you use one of their retailers (several were in hospitals near me). You can order it at any time once you're in your second trimester or later, no questions asked. I was shocked how easy they made it. Sorry this isn't exactly the right thread but using previous posts as a jumping off point.
  • @theshannondeeDamn the man. I had Kaiser through Moda, and it was so dang awful (I had Kaiser previously through private insurance, with zero issues), that we had it for three months and had to renew, we decided it was best to spend the extra money and drop Moda out of the mix. So now we are back to only Kaiser. There went my Medela I guess! HAHA

• Just got the go ahead to redeem my Amazon registry gift bag! Excited to see it
    Me too! I just bought baby soap that I knew I was going to need, for my $10 item. Good thing I saw the posts about the Amazon registry on here, because I canceled my Prime at the end of the month, so I got to redeem it before my Prime was canceled! 

I was really bummed that 4Moms is never on sale, and I have totally lucked out with Target. About a week ago, I got a $50 gift card when I bought the 4Moms Breeze. And now they are doing $40 gift card when you buy the 4Moms Mamaroo. I am so glad that I thought ahead and put money for items in envelopes, so I would have the cash when the times went on sale! 

**BRITAX & BOB GEAR SALE!** Great Amazon deals on Britax infant seats, travel systems, convertible seats, combination seats and boosters! BOB single and duallie strollers on sale too! https://amzn.to/1lI0Rnx

Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible $277.49 https://amzn.to/1PeuOrp
    Britax Frontier ClickTight Combination $247.49 https://amzn.to/1lI0VUh
    Britax Parkway SGL Booster LATCH $119.99 https://amzn.to/1Sd0jmn
    Britax B-Agile 35 Travel System $329.99 https://amzn.to/1nhzOkf
    BOB Revolution Flex Stroller $359.99 https://amzn.to/1nhAo18
    BOB Revolution Pro Duallie Stroller $532.49 https://amzn.to/1nhAIwU
    Complete list of all Britax deals here: https://amzn.to/1nhBIkS
    Complete list of all BOB deals here: https://amzn.to/1nhBSbL

Lowest prices since Black Friday on many Britax carseats with free shipping and returns! Check our our updated Deals Blog:https://carseatblog.com/35482/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Part of Target's baby sale right now is buy 3 boxes of diapers and receive a $20 target gift card. This does include generic diapers. 
  • Amazon Lightning Deal on teething necklace. $14.99

Since I have most things from my 1st baby, I'm down to buying stuff I didn't splurge on the first time around. I'm a Frugal Fanny so happy to see things on sale. I never used one the first time around, but I can definitely see how this would be useful for teething or a distraction. I like when things are multi-functional, too.
  • @mckcak23 Target often has this sale! With my niece we almost always bought her diapers from Target when the diaper sale was going on! Just stock up.
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Did any ladies run into Target not having any gift bags? Did you go back later and ask again? Mine ran out. :(
  • Seriously @PhoebeJune1984, way better than mine too. I definitely didn't get a book or ice pack!
  • @Lindsayleigh1989  oooh wipes!!! I hope it's it everyones bags haha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • chanfa said:

@Lindsayleigh1989  oooh wipes!!! I hope it's it everyones bags haha

i think this is the standard right now ; )

• stillcozystillcozy member
    edited January 2016

I did get my BRU gift bag today: Mam pacifier, Cooler with the ice pack insert, formula sample, Munchkin Latch bottle, wipe holder, onesie, Mam bottle, two breastmilk storage containers, $20 shutterfly gift card, soft fabric book, canister of formula. There was also (not pictured), a handful of coupons, and inside the cooler (which was from Enfamil) a huge book on breastfeeding.

i want that one! My target one was not nearly as nice. Time to.visit a different target ;)

By target i mean bru. Also i so dont get how they can all be so different!

• @Lindsayleigh1989 They didn't have on at the Target where I registered. When I asked the lady about it, she said that they were out and I asked if she knew how often they would get them in. She said "I have no idea, it is something they started like two weeks ago, and it is a promotional thing, so whatever companies want to join in on it." Well, they didn't start it two weeks ago, because I got one when I registered for my daughter, and that was spring of 2011. I was thinking of maybe going to another Target, and seeing if they have any gift bags. But I can see how it could be promotional things, and different companies step in at different times and offer different items that they have. That way, people are always getting a variety. I wonder if the store has to call and say that they would like to make gift bags, and see what the company will donate to them for free? My BRU gift bag when I registered for my daughter didn't look like this at all. I think that there was one bottle in it, a bunch of coupons for things I didn't need, a small pack of wipes, and a gift card to Tiny Prints. 
  • @chanfa @Lindsayleigh1989 I got my Amazon box this week and got the same exact stuff. I was showing my husband and he asked what one of the items was. I said nipple pads and his response was "I gotta get out of here." And he left the room. Hahaha.