July 2016 Moms

Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

Re: Found a deal or know of free stuff? POST HERE!

• Thanks @givemepenguinss! I'm signing up for Prime tonight! You can save 20% on diaper subscriptions!
    You won't regret it! Diapers, wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, ice melt; I LOVE my subscriptions! Also, free music and movies/TV shows. 
  • @DominiqueU and @PinkLady2015 I'm also going to the registry even tomorrow fingers crossed we all get tons of free swag and giveaways! Also I hope there is food!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

PinkLady2015DominiqueU
  • Loading the player...
  • @DominiqueU and @PinkLady2015 I'm also going to the registry even tomorrow fingers crossed we all get tons of free swag and giveaways! Also I hope there is food!

I really only want to go if I can get some free stuff. I don't really like the idea of registering with all those people running around, but I'm in if I can get some free swag!

Has anyone ever been to one of these? What are my chances of free stuff? Is it worth it?
    stillcozy
  • I'm going to The BRU event as well. I'm hopeful.
  • @DominiqueU I think it depends on how many people are there. We did a wedding registry event at bed bath and beyond and happen to win a kitchen blender that was like 200 bucks so if I can get anything free I will totally go.

We have no idea what we are having so it will be gender neutral and I'm going with my mom to get her input on things too which will be fun!

DominiqueU
  • Alright, I registered and DH and I are on our way to the Babies R Us registry event. Fingers crossed for all the free stuff!

stillcozyMamaBish
  • Alright, I registered and DH and I are on our way to the Babies R Us registry event. Fingers crossed for all the free stuff! image
    report back asap!
    blackgirlmagicstillcozy
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 wow, good haul!!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

stillcozyholly142
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 I'm so jealous! And I'm fairly certain your gift bags had more stuff than mine. I'm sad for myself.
    ninji15stillcozyholly142
  • Holy cow. You guys had much better stuff than we did. There were only 4 couples. They gave away a small pack of diapers, a grooming kid, a health kit, and a sleep sack. I got the grooming kit. I did get the registration bag as well.
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 I'm so jealous! And I'm fairly certain your gift bags had more stuff than mine. I'm sad for myself.

Go to different stores and ask for one :) the two I went to did have different items! I'm
    Curious if targets have different items as well.

Has anyone done a. Buy buy baby registry or got the gift bag from motherhood maternity or the Amazon one I'm really curious about them.

PinkLady2015
  • Also babies r us offers free breast feeding 101 and infant CPR classes every month and they are only 1 hour long

blackgirlmagicborn2run911
  • Also babies r us offers free breast feeding 101 and infant CPR classes every month and they are only 1 hour long

Yes! I think that was the most exciting part of the presentation. I was planning on going to some classes at the hospital, but they're all around $50 per couple. Free is so much better.
    stillcozy
  • @DominiqueU I bet you could go to the registry event again ;) also I am now in love with the graco modes travel system and must have it! Haha

PinkLady2015
  • Okay one last thing sign up for their free rewards program if you have a registry you get 5% back from whatever people purchase or you buy from 300 and under and 10% back on anything over that. So i put my snoogle on it and got it today.

• edited January 2016
    Motherhood Maternity gift bag is crap. Its mostly promo coupons for a carseat canopy, nursing shield, a nursing pillow, etc. from the same shady company. If you google motherhood maternity gift bag you will see lots of stuff about it. It also included a couple coupons/discounts for shutterfly and tinyprints. It MIGHT have had a bottle too, I don't remember... I threw everything out that I got.

Edit: To be fair, some people may really like it. I tend to be picky and think most freebie bags are crap so I am not always a good judge! I do think it was the worst of the bags I've gotten so far though.
    LaurenAsh23katyburgan
  • @DominiqueU I bet you could go to the registry event again ;) also I am now in love with the graco modes travel system and must have it! Haha

I loved that one, but I went back and tried some out, we ended up going with a different Graco travel system. It was less expensive, but seemed smaller, lighter, and seemed to move better.
    stillcozy

Lol, me too!!! I was dead set on Chicco and ended up putting the Graco travel system on instead!!

Don't feel bad @Dominique1219 I didn't win anything either and the gift bag had nothing in besides a diaper :( lame!!!
    stillcozy
  • @PinkLady2015 are there any other locations near you? Go and ask for the bag I'm sure they will give you another my first didn't have bottle but the second did. Also you should have gotten a registry event gift bag and a gift bag for creating a registry

PinkLady2015
  • Just found this and the deals work for the free items where you just have to pay shipping
    https://www.thesavvybump.com/pregnancy-freebies-for-moms-to-be/

• For anyone interested in the 4Moms Breeze, Target is doing a special, buy the Breeze online and get $50 gift card back. I have noticed that 4Moms rarely goes on sale, and if it does, it isn't a huge discount, so this is a really good deal! 

I wasn't planning on buying one and having it shipped to my house, because of taxes. Sure enough, as soon as I clicked to have it send to store, or send to my house.....over $20 in taxes popped up (luckily, it was still free shipping). I live 5min from a tax free state, so I had it shipped to one of the stores over there for pick up, and eliminated the taxes from having it shipped to my house or the store by my house. 
    They are also doing the same $50 gift card, for the City Mini single stroller

ETA: I did look and they are offering gift cards on ALL of the Baby Jogger City Mini models.....but the gift cards range from $30-$50, depending on what model you get. 
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 the Buy Buy Baby gift bag had Honest Co diaper and travel size wipes pack, thing of Enfamil formula, Bio Oil, bunch of coupons for a printing company for announcements, The Picture People, Avent bottles and some other ones, some magazines.. Other just informational booklets. Idk, it wasn't very exciting..
    stillcozy
  • @PinkLady2015 oh hell no did he ask you that! I would have managered his ass in a hot second asking to see your registry is one thing saying you don't look pregnant is so very wrong! You get all of the gift bags!

LifeofLauren2victoria98thebigoaktreemamafox14
  • @PinkLady2015
    WTF, I would've asked for the manager too! What does that even mean?! "You don't look pregnant"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    stillcozy
  • @Nerdchild I've been telling myself the same thing!

Nerdchild

• Got this in my email today. Apparently this trade in event is a huge deal. I have nothing to trade in but passing along for those of who do.
    noelietrexchanfastillcozy
  • haha that's smart @mckcak23  I am going to do that later!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mckcak23 what did you have to do other than create a registry? I'm confused.
  • @Hmcdade1 I wonder if this is at all Babies R Us or just yours. I haven't seen anything about it for my local BRU and I just checked their website. I hope it's for mine too!!!!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • @Hmcdade1 I wonder if this is at all Babies R Us or just yours. I haven't seen anything about it for my local BRU and I just checked their website. I hope it's for mine too!!!!

I have no clue. I'm on their email list because I bought a gift for a pregnant cousin a few months ago but I kept hearing about this trade in event on the second tri board. If you've got stuff to trade it may be worth calling your store?