April 2016 Moms
Options

Second Tri Symptoms Thread

Re: Second Tri Symptoms Thread

• Options
    Holy rib pain, Batman!  Woke up this morning with sharp shooting pains in my ribs on both sides, as well as right down along the middle of my sternum. It hurts to breathe. Stretching, standing, or sitting up straight makes it worse. There's one hunched over position where I almost can't notice the discomfort, but beyond that it's kind of miserable. What the heck, body? 

Can't wait for lunchtime to roll around so I can scoot on over to CVS and grab myself a big bottle of Tylenol. This is the first time this pregnancy I've been tempted to take something to relieve discomfort.
  • Options
    @AmadorRose @sarahufl sigh that's what I thought, it's literally been the only thing that has let me breathe this week but I'm on day 3 now. Waaaaah.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    @AmadorRose @sarahufl sigh that's what I thought, it's literally been the only thing that has let me breathe this week but I'm on day 3 now. Waaaaah.
    Yeah, read the package, but I think day 3 is when you need to stop :(

Afrin works wonders but I hate the addictive nature of it.
  • Options
    I found out at my 20 week ultrasound last week that I have partial placenta previa. They told me most likely the baby girl will move away from the cervix, but I'm on pelvic rest for a month until I get another ultrasound. My sex drive was just coming back, and now it's here in full force! This sucks, but for the safety of the baby it completely makes sense. It's my first baby, and I'm only 29 so placenta previa is new to me. Has anyone else experienced this with a pregancy? And did the placenta move.... I'm crossing my fingers because there's nothing else I can do but wait!
    My mother-in-law had it when she was pregnant with my husband. He did not move away from the cervix unfortunately and she had a c-section quite early after a couple months of bed rest. I wish I knew more about it, but sounds like good news that your practioner believes she will move away. I'm sorry you're going through this! Best of luck to you, sounds like you're in good medical hands at the very least. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bunnywahl said:

I found out at my 20 week ultrasound last week that I have partial placenta previa. They told me most likely the baby girl will move away from the cervix, but I'm on pelvic rest for a month until I get another ultrasound. My sex drive was just coming back, and now it's here in full force! This sucks, but for the safety of the baby it completely makes sense.

It's my first baby, and I'm only 29 so placenta previa is new to me. Has anyone else experienced this with a pregancy? And did the placenta move.... I'm crossing my fingers because there's nothing else I can do but wait!

My mother-in-law had it when she was pregnant with my husband. He did not move away from the cervix unfortunately and she had a c-section quite early after a couple months of bed rest. I wish I knew more about it, but sounds like good news that your practioner believes she will move away. I'm sorry you're going through this! Best of luck to you, sounds like you're in good medical hands at the very least. :-)

Just to clarify, placenta previa is when the placenta, not the baby, covers the cervix. It prohibits the baby from getting in a head down position for birth. A lot of the time (I've heard anywhere from 90-95% of the time) it moves up and out of the way as the uterus grows. I have a low lying placenta and my doctor isn't worried. I'll have another ultrasound between 28-30 weeks and hoping it will move out of the way by then!

• Options
    Heartburn started.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Why is it that I'm so itchy on the bottom of my Boobs. I've noticed a few times that I get a rash (looks like a hear rash)even. Does anyone else have this problem or have used anything to help?

Also, it's my 1st pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks and only showing a tiny bit .. My bump is so hard. Is this normal?
  • Options
    Any mamas with previously pierced belly buttons having a lot of pain at the piercing site? I know I have a lot of scar tissue built up and I've been having significant, pinpoint pain for the last few days. I don't think it's a hernia because there's no actual protrusion, but it's seriously painful.
  • Options

Why is it that I'm so itchy on the bottom of my Boobs. I've noticed a few times that I get a rash (looks like a hear rash)even. Does anyone else have this problem or have used anything to help?

Also, it's my 1st pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks and only showing a tiny bit .. My bump is so hard. Is this normal?

The itchiness is likely from your skin stretching, especially if it's only in one spot. Try using a soothing lotion. With the rash, it depends on how big your girls are; they could be irritated from rubbing on your skin or it could be PUPPS. It really just depends on the severity.

First pregnancies hide longer than subsequent pregnancies, so showing very little is totally normal. It's also normal for you bump to be hard, even if it gets soft and then hard again. There's a good chance it's BH, especially is it's not painful.
  • Options
    @AmadorRose my belly button isn't pierced but I'm having discomfort there too. It feels so stretched at the top like its about to rip apart! So this is probably not helpful bc doesn't sound like the same pinpoint pain you are having... Sorry!

• Options
    @spatter1 I'm thinking maybe because it wasn't done properly and was done several times that I've possibly developed a lesion and I just need to break up the scar tissue, so hopefully that works. My whole abdomen feels like yours and it hurts to poop :(
  • Options
    No matter what I eat, it ends of upsetting my stomach.

Nosebleeds are back, since everyone keeps coming around me sick...

I've been having terrible BH. About a minute after they start, LO seems to always want to hiccup his face off... BH + hiccups = I feel like I'm going into labor.

Why on earth am I still emotional?! I keep thinking I'm over being disappointed that I didn't get a girl, and then I see something and I hate everyone who has daughters or is having a daughter. A bunch of my coworkers told me I'm a "boy mom" and that I'll never have girls... I just LOOK like a boy mom. Can someone tell me what a "boy" mom looks like, because I don't think moms of only boys have a look to them at all. I'm so upset that I'm not able to set anything up for LO until we move in March. We don't plan on moving DS1 into a toddler bed until his birthday in July, so I can't even do things for my oldest!

So. Much. Itching. Everywhere!

Anniversary

• Options
    @fbanke42 I had systemic itching in my first trimester and realized it was actually seasonal allergies. Zyrtec cleared it right up!
  • Options
    @spatter1 is that pressure you mentioned kind of feel like everything is going to fall out of you?? I've been experiencing it for two weeks and it will happen when I'm walking. It's so uncomfortable. I know everything isn't falling out but it feels like it. I had this with the last three pregnancies but I was further along and it only happened when I used the restroom. I emailed my doctor but she's out till the 27th. The only thing that is relieving the pressure is sitting in a chair. I am so not ok to deal with this for another 18 weeks
  • Options
    Anyone else experiencing watery clear/milky discharge? It is driving me insane. I don't have it everyday but I hate it when I do have it. It is making me feel so gross.
  • Options

Anyone else experiencing watery clear/milky discharge? It is driving me insane. I don't have it everyday but I hate it when I do have it. It is making me feel so gross.

All of the time! I'm constantly checking to make sure I didn't pee myself. My vagina just likes to keep cleaning, I guess.

Anniversary

• Options
    spatter1spatter1 member
    edited December 2015
    @dayj11 the pressure I was feeling was just like aching almost... I feel like it happens more on days I'm really running around a lot.

@AmadorRose I hear you... Pooping is not a fun experience. I never know what I'm gonna get! It's either ok, or soo painful. Ugh. At least we are pooping and my constipated!! So far That's only happened to me once this pregnancy and it was AWFUL. Working out seems to help me stay mostly regular.

Edited because autocorrect thinks I mean to say "popping" instead of pooping.

• Options

Yes - perfectly normal to have increased discharge! (Tmi) but I find I have a 'release' of discharge a few times a day, especially as soon as I get ip in the morning, like it's been building up whilst I've been horizontal overnight.

I find wearing a pantyliner and changing it if needed during the day more comfortable - easier to keep track of colour and consistency too.
  • Options
    omg. Constantly. Sometimes it feels like I am urinating, I can literally feel it. So gross. OB says it is normal and fine as long as it isn't itchy or smells bad. But OMG, I feel so gross all the time.
  • Options
    @FitFearlessly I have a low lying placenta (not partial previa yet), and I was told after my 20wk U/S that in most cases, the placenta moves up. My hospital requires the placenta be 2.5-3cm away from the cervical opening for vaginal delivery. At my 24wk U/S, mine did not move up, but my doctor said that there is still time for movement. If you have any bleeds from it, they might put you on a more permanent bed rest, and some doctors will schedule a 36wk CSection if they feel it is necessary for you and your LO's health.
  • Options
    I had some bad stomach pain after eating lunch on Thursday, went home early and ended up throwing up violently for the rest of the evening (so fun). I thought I had food poisoning. My stomach (I think - the pain is centered right around my belly button) continued to hurt on and off on Friday and Saturday. Three days later and I still feel intermittent dull pain in my abdomen, especially after eating. Could this be lingering effects of food poisoning? Ulcer?

The baby has been moving like normal and I don't think these are contractions, but I am getting worried. I have an appointment on Tuesday and have spoken at length to my dad who is a doctor. He doesn't think it is related to the pregnancy or affecting the baby but I've never had a gastro illness like this before.
  • Options

Panty liners are my bff.
  • Options
    Is short temper a symptom? Holy crap I've been aggressive lately and very emotional. I cried for an hour after finishing the game Valiant Hearts where they execute one of the characters. I was inconsolable and bawled my eyes out. Sigh.

• Options
    Oh yeah, short temper for sure. Especially with my dogs. I can see/hear myself getting irrationally frustrated, and I can tell myself they're just dogs, but for the love of gawd, I just wish they'd sit the eff down and stay while I put their damn leashes on! Fffffff$&k!

DH thinks I'm nuts.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @elasticheart13 my normal personality is very aggressive and it was worse in the first tri, but now I'm super mellow most of the time...for the first time in my adult life. Very strange.
  • Options
    DH just kept hugging me as I cried "They executed Emile, after all he went through in the war, whyyyyy????" 
    He definitely thinks I'm losing my mind. 

• Options
    @elasticheart13 OMG yes. My temper is normally pretty short but I am inconsolable these days. The smallest thing will set me off and it takes me a while to get over it. Yesterday I tried to make red velvet cookies which is a very simple recipe (I am not a baker by any means) and the cookies kept coming out burnt on the bottom. I was SO mad. I was determined not to bring burnt cookies to my friend's house so I went and bought a new cookie sheet, a baking mat (read about this online), and more red velvet mix. Apparently red velvet cake mix is hot right now and I had to go to 3 stores to find any!!!! I was SO mad and frustrated when I got home I couldn't even talk to DH.

@dancingsphinx22 my dog will not stay still when I go to put his leash on most of the time either! He jumps or runs away and runs back all while whining the whole time... I get so annoyed!!

• Options
    @spatter1 Your cookie story sounds like something that would definitely happen to me. How did your new batch of cookies come out?

With my dogs, they know they need to sit calmly in order to go out. But since I got pregnant, they've been defiant little jerks. They listen to my DH better, and it drives me nuts.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sprocketsngadgets with a combo of a new baking sheet, the baking mat, lowering the temp 25 degrees and moving the baking sheet to the top rack of the oven they FINALLY came out lovely :) thanks for asking! We have a gas oven so I guess all the heat comes from the bottom which was a big problem. I think the baking mat helped too!

My dog knows what he is supposed to do too... He's just a drama queen sometimes and acts like he can't wait one second longer to get out there! Oh well, I get him back by making him wear Christmas sweaters :)

• Options
    Def having this short temper symptom!
  • Options
    spatter1 said:
    @dayj11 the pressure I was feeling was just like aching almost... I feel like it happens more on days I'm really running around a lot. @AmadorRose I hear you... Pooping is not a fun experience. I never know what I'm gonna get! It's either ok, or soo painful. Ugh. At least we are pooping and my constipated!! So far That's only happened to me once this pregnancy and it was AWFUL. Working out seems to help me stay mostly regular. Edited because autocorrect thinks I mean to say "popping" instead of pooping.
    Yup I get that low down pressure and soreness, especially on days that I go running.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed a weird change in their fingernails? Mine have changed in two ways: they have completely changed the way they grow out (it looks like I filed them when I didn't), it's pretty in my opinion but they have never done that before, even when I'd take Hair, Skin, Nails vitamins pre-pregnancy. Also, they have bumps. Well more specifically it's my index fingers and thumbs that have one bump straight across them horizontally and it's not something I've seen before. I know nails can give you some insight on your overall health so I'm going to ask my doctor next week at my appointment, but I wanted some earlier insight before I go to Google right now. I'm a little worried
  • Options
    Ok here's one maybe not pregnancy related but I've never experienced this before! A couple weeks ago I flew for a work trip from DC to Atlanta and back all in one day. It's only about an hour and a half flight so no big deal, but ever since then my right ear has been really sore. Also when I go from laying or sitting to standing I get this kind of throbbing in it for about a minute. I've been hoping it would go away but I'm starting to think maybe I should get it looked at. It's not unbareable pain but every once and a while gets pretty uncomfortable... Anyone else ever have this???

• Options
    edited December 2015

Any mamas with previously pierced belly buttons having a lot of pain at the piercing site? I know I have a lot of scar tissue built up and I've been having significant, pinpoint pain for the last few days. I don't think it's a hernia because there's no actual protrusion, but it's seriously painful.

@AmadorRose I've been having pain around my belly button since the first of December off and on. Feels like a bruise but it's aggravated by movement for me... Twisting, lifting, standing, etc... And having a BM. I also have a healed belly button piercing. Ughhhhh! Maybe that's why?
  • Options

Has anyone noticed a weird change in their fingernails? Mine have changed in two ways: they have completely changed the way they grow out (it looks like I filed them when I didn't), it's pretty in my opinion but they have never done that before, even when I'd take Hair, Skin, Nails vitamins pre-pregnancy. Also, they have bumps. Well more specifically it's my index fingers and thumbs that have one bump straight across them horizontally and it's not something I've seen before. I know nails can give you some insight on your overall health so I'm going to ask my doctor next week at my appointment, but I wanted some earlier insight before I go to Google right now. I'm a little worried

Before I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition, bumps and ridges in my nails were the first thing I noticed. Pregnancy can mess with your thyroid function. Might be worth looking in to .
  • Options
    @K&Elizabeth Thank you!! I definitely will and will update
  • Options
    Is anyone else soooo thirsty? I'm drinking 80 oz and sometimes more of water a day, but I still feel really parched. It's like a can't get enough. My mind goes straight to diabetes, but I've heard that GD is pretty asymptomatic.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @K&Elizabeth -- Me too!! I feel like I could drink gallons and gallons of water.

I started drinking sports drinks with electrolytes. I liked Body Armor, but it has a TON of sugar.

I tried "Skinny Water" since it doesn't have any sugar, and the taste isn't bad. I like the Acai Grape Blueberry flavor because it has Vitamin B6, which helps with morning sickness.
    https://skinnywater.com/function-nutrition

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @K&Elizabeth and @dancingsphinx22 I'm with you! I drink tons of water and feel very thirsty. I also drink vitamin water zero and Powerade zero. My friend's SIL was so low on electrolytes when she gave birth to her son that she had to be in intensive care for days after delivery and started to have organ failure. I have no idea what caused it but it has made me totally paranoid!

• Options
    Lately I've been so irritable and the smallest thing will set me off. I don't like it and then later on I feel so bad about my bad mood behavior and it just makes me feel like an awful person. I think I should start apologizing in advance to my family/coworkers before I go off in a hormone rage. Also, yesterday my DH spent the day with his extended family (1.5 hours away) for their late Christmas get together. I had to go back to work last night, so I had to stay home. I cried because I was lonely. It was ridiculous, my poor cat must have thought I was losing my mind. I'm hoping these crazy emotions get better soon!

Also recently started having hip and back pain. I can't get comfortable no matter what position I'm in, and restless leg syndrome has set in. I'm getting pretty miserable, and I still have 3 months to go!

What else...nose bleeds, round ligament pain in my lower stomach basically anytime I move, on antibiotics for my second sinus infection. Pleeeeeeeease hurry up and get here April! I start the third trimester next week, wonder what lovely symptoms that will bring?