April 2016 Moms
Options

Second Tri Symptoms Thread

Re: Second Tri Symptoms Thread

• Options

So I'm 19 weeks.. And everything was fine until this week. I got a horrible virus and was running a temp, so they gave me antibiotics and Tylenol to control the fever. After three days I feel like the baby isn't moving as much anymore. I've tried every trick in the book to nudge him, too. I went to the bathroom tonight and found bright pink spotting. Not a lot, just a few tiny dots. I've googled and googled and found no definite answers. Anyone else have or had the same issues around the same gestation period? Because I'm seriously freaking out, and thinking the worst.

Call your OB or nurse hotline. Light bleeding/spotting is not uncommon, but they may want you to go in and it will put your mind at ease. If the bleeding continues or gets heavier, go to the ER.
  • Options

So I'm 19 weeks.. And everything was fine until this week. I got a horrible virus and was running a temp, so they gave me antibiotics and Tylenol to control the fever. After three days I feel like the baby isn't moving as much anymore. I've tried every trick in the book to nudge him, too. I went to the bathroom tonight and found bright pink spotting. Not a lot, just a few tiny dots. I've googled and googled and found no definite answers. Anyone else have or had the same issues around the same gestation period? Because I'm seriously freaking out, and thinking the worst.

Call your OB or nurse hotline. Light bleeding/spotting is not uncommon, but they may want you to go in and it will put your mind at ease. If the bleeding continues or gets heavier, go to the ER.
    Ditto this. Especially if you had been feeling movement for sure and now are not I'd call the doc right away just to make sure things are ok!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    20 weeks... Just spent the last five minutes on the floor in tears due to this Crazy sharp pain on my left/back side.. I didn't think RLP or BH were supposed to HURT HURT.
  • Options
    @misstopsail ow! Not fun!!!!

• Options
    Ugh so this is new for me today and sorry if it's TMI but my vagina is sore/aches! It's not lightening crotch I don't think because it's not sudden sharp pain. Has anyone else had this ? I've had it with my period before so it's actually making me a little nervous.

• Options
    spatter1 said:

Ugh so this is new for me today and sorry if it's TMI but my vagina is sore/aches! It's not lightening crotch I don't think because it's not sudden sharp pain. Has anyone else had this ? I've had it with my period before so it's actually making me a little nervous.

I get this too, almost like a pressure in my low pelvis and vagina. It usually happens after I'm on my feet or doing a lot of physical work, so maybe it's related.
  • Options
    spatter1 said:

I've had this exact thing for 2-3 weeks now. I've read that it could be varicose veins in your vag from increased blood flow.

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Options

spatter1 said:

I've had this exact thing for 2-3 weeks now. I've read that it could be varicose veins in your vag from increased blood flow.
    Stop. Stop it right now.
  • Options
    @AmadorRose @jordanbara glad I'm not the only one but uhhhh varicose veins in my vag? Greeeeeeeat!

• Options
    @spatter1 there are other variscosities that can form there as well. During my sister's last pregnancy (5th child, 5th pregnancy), she felt what she thought was some kind of pimple on her vulva. She popped it and bled for several hours. Moral of the story: hands off!

Also, my phone corrected vulva to Vulcan. Hahaha
  • Options
    Oh god, good rule to follow I will not be popping anything down there!

Lol my friend's fiancees' name is Volkan, and my phone always autocorrects it to Volcano. Go figure.

• Options
    K&ElizabethK&Elizabeth member
    edited November 2015
    Seriously, someone please cure my post-nasal drip. My nose isn't stuffed, but I am getting constant post-nasal drip. It makes for a never ending slimy feeling in my throat (so gross, sorry) and its contributing to my daily pike sessions. Heelllllppppp

I had to fix the gif so you could see my true level of despai.
  • Options
    I was telling myself I wouldn't freak out but I haven't felt movement all day and suddenly it feels like my hard belly is gone. It feels very soft. Should I be worried about not having any pregnancy symptoms today? Or perhaps he's just sitting in a different way today? Ugh, the stress!

• Options
    @elasticheart13 my belly is normally fairly soft - I think it's only hard if I'm having a BH.
  • Options

@elasticheart13 my belly is normally fairly soft - I think it's only hard if I'm having a BH.

When I'm on my back I can usually feel feel the hardness of the uterus with or without BH but now I feel absolutely nothing. No cramping or bleeding either. I'm slightly worried :/

• Options

When I'm on my back I can usually feel feel the hardness of the uterus with or without BH but now I feel absolutely nothing. No cramping or bleeding either. I'm slightly worried :/
    Don't worry yourself sick, but if you feel like something is t right, call your OB.
  • Options

Don't worry yourself sick, but if you feel like something is t right, call your OB.
    I have an appointment on Thursday but maybe I should call :/ I just found it really weird

• Options
    @elasticheart13 I would call for the peace of mind. Maybe they can see you sooner. I'm going to do the same I think as I have similar concerns. Hope you feel better!!

• Options
    spatter1 said:

@elasticheart13 I would call for the peace of mind. Maybe they can see you sooner. I'm going to do the same I think as I have similar concerns. Hope you feel better!!

Good luck to both of you!
  • Options

spatter1 said:

Wtaf!! All I can think of now are the varicose veins my gym teacher had on his calves... And now I'm picturing that in a vagina. Holy hell
  • Options
    spatter1 said:

I don't usually check this thread but I'm glad I did today, as I've had this vag ache/almost crampy feeling for maybe a week now. Sounds like maybe it's fairly common at this stage, whew!

I also had more than a little bit of bleeding immediately after sex last night. Thankfully it basically stopped almost immediately, but it seriously scared the crap outta me.
  • Options
    Ugh. Googled "post nasal drip pregnacy" because I can't seem to shake this cold, and the excessive snot is beginning to drive me crazy; I was hoping for some pregnancy-safe remedies.  Turns out it may not be a cold at all; this is allegedly a common symptom, and the only cure for pregnancy-related PND is childbirth. At least when my nose was just stuffy, I could blow it a thousand times a day.  This sucks.

Also, I (still!) miss pooping.  When is this Colase kicking in?!
  • Options
    Bloody noses. Lovely.
  • Options
    I have officially thrown up more times in my second tri so far than I did in the entire first tri. For whatever reason, the nausea is worst when I am up walking around or driving. If I'm just sitting or laying down its usually ok. Wtf?
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:

Bloody noses. Lovely.

YES. My right nostril is currently bleeding for the second time today.

For the love of all things holy, don't swallow any. I made that mistake and now I'm fighting nausea.
  • Options

NOLA520 said:

Bloody noses. Lovely.

For the love of all things holy, don't swallow any. I made that mistake and now I'm fighting nausea.
    Oh god. I'm not at the blood noses yet, but the constant congestion is horrible. Coupled with having the heat on in the house now when I wake up everything is all dried up (like, TOO dry) and I can't breathe through it!

• Options
    spatter1 said:

NOLA520 said:

Bloody noses. Lovely.

Oh god. I'm not at the blood noses yet, but the constant congestion is horrible. Coupled with having the heat on in the house now when I wake up everything is all dried up (like, TOO dry) and I can't breathe through it!
    I can probably count the number I've had in my life on one hand, but last nights was nasty! DH turned up the heat way too high the night before because he was cold. I woke up naked, uncovered, and still sweating. Damn southerners!
  • Options
    spatter1spatter1 member
    edited November 2015
    @AmadorRose oh god that's the worst I can NOT sleep if it's hot. We open the windows when it's freezing out bc I need the cool air when I'm sleeping. Luckily DH is the same!

Edited bc it's early and my eyes aren't all the way open yet.

• Options
    AGK2015 said:

Ugh. Googled "post nasal drip pregnacy" because I can't seem to shake this cold, and the excessive snot is beginning to drive me crazy; I was hoping for some pregnancy-safe remedies.  Turns out it may not be a cold at all; this is allegedly a common symptom, and the only cure for pregnancy-related PND is childbirth. At least when my nose was just stuffy, I could blow it a thousand times a day.  This sucks.

Do not tell me I have to wait until April to kick this nose business. Nope nope nope
  • Options
    spatter1 said:

@AmadorRose oh god that's the worst I can NOT sleep if it's hot. We open the windows when it's freezing out bc I need the cool air when I'm sleeping. Luckily DH is the same!

Edited bc it's early and my eyes aren't all the way open yet.

I'm the same way - I grew up in Wisconsin and we didn't have heat in our bedrooms, so I can't handle a hot bedroom. I guess if my only gripe is that he's too hot I'm not doing too bad ;)
  • Options

Do not tell me I have to wait until April to kick this nose business. Nope nope nope
    I'm praying that I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. On top of it, all the crap running down the back of my throat is making me cough and hack incessantly, which is irritating my throat, which has me sounding like I'm smoking 3 packs a day. Lovely.
  • Options
    Anyone else feel crampy in your lower pelvis? (21 weeks) It's been pretty constant over the last week or so. Not painful, just annoying. Feels like right before you start your period. I had this all of first trimester and now it's back :unamused:

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Options
    @jordanbara I have! I was just about to ask about that. Mine aren't exactly constant tho but if the second tri is where abdominal tenderness is most common my guess is that everthing is ok. As long as they aren't so intense that we're crying ya know.. I'm about to be 20 weeks btw
  • Options

I was telling myself I wouldn't freak out but I haven't felt movement all day and suddenly it feels like my hard belly is gone. It feels very soft. Should I be worried about not having any pregnancy symptoms today? Or perhaps he's just sitting in a different way today? Ugh, the stress!

My belly never really felt "hard" with my first pregnancy. Definitely not as hard as I expected it to be. Also, I have no idea where my uterus was. I was never able to find it.

How many weeks are you? I'm 19 weeks and definitely not feeling consistent movement.

Definitely call if you're nervous! Even if you don't go in, they can reassure you.

• Options
    Yesterday was the first time in a long time I've felt a burst of energy. I feel really good today too. I never thought this day would come. Also though, still having constipation and gas. Other than that, I attributed the shortness of breath to my being out of shape and overweight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Anyone else feel crampy in your lower pelvis? (21 weeks) It's been pretty constant over the last week or so. Not painful, just annoying. Feels like right before you start your period. I had this all of first trimester and now it's back :unamused:
    I felt crampy all night yesterday, and it was quite painful :/ This is the first time during the pregnancy that I experience this and it got me worried.

• Options
    akb1125 said:
    My belly never really felt "hard" with my first pregnancy. Definitely not as hard as I expected it to be. Also, I have no idea where my uterus was. I was never able to find it. How many weeks are you? I'm 19 weeks and definitely not feeling consistent movement. Definitely call if you're nervous! Even if you don't go in, they can reassure you.
    I am 20+4, and the hardness is almost back. I am quite overweight so my belly has always been very soft, but I was starting to be able to feel my uterus getting harder and then that night it completely disappeared. I felt baby the next morning so I stopped worrying. Got an appointment with my midwife tomorrow and will talk to her about it and about the recent cramping.

• Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited November 2015
    Anybody have weird ears? My right ear's been funny for a few weeks now. I hear myself when I talk- like when you have water stuck in your ear after swimming. I try to pop my ear (like when you just changed altitude while driving fast up or down a mountain/flying) and most of the time it does the trick. I must look funny trying to pull my ear while opening my mouth every now and then.
    I imagine this may be related sinuses too since the ears and nose are all connected....? I'll be 18weeks in 2 days.
  • Options
    kimey1 said:

Anybody have weird ears? My right ear's been funny for a few weeks now. I hear myself when I talk- like when you have water stuck in your ear after swimming. I try to pop my ear (like when you just changed altitude while driving fast up or down a mountain/flying) and most of the time it does the trick. I must look funny trying to pull my ear while opening my mouth every now and then.
    I imagine this may be related sinuses too since the ears and nose are all connected....? I'll be 18weeks in 2 days.

I just had a weird earache on my right ear last week and then my ear just became really sore and it's gone now but it was really weird.

• Options
    linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited November 2015
    Discomfort when yawning? Like not exactly pain but just a weird feeling....almost as if I'm about to pass out from doing a deep, head thrown back, arms out type of yawn. Or that the baby is about to flip the hell out/lots of movement each time I yawn deeply?

This sounds so stupid but for me, this is real. Lol.