April 2016 Moms
Options

Second Tri Symptoms Thread

Re: Second Tri Symptoms Thread

• Options
    spatter1spatter1 member
    edited November 2015
    @jordanbara I've had similar cramps lately. I've been more uncomfortable though from the constant gas cramps I've been having lately! And sometimes when I pee I get this really bad cramp on my right lower abdomen. It's pretty uncomfortable and I definitely plan to ask my doctor about it.

• Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited November 2015
    spatter1 said:

Constant gas cramps I've been having lately! And sometimes when I pee I get this really bad cramp on my right lower abdomen. It's pretty uncomfortable and I definitely plan to ask my doctor about it.

Same here. I thought it waa the beginning of a UTI. Guess its another normal preggo symptom.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kimey1 said:

spatter1 said:

Constant gas cramps I've been having lately! And sometimes when I pee I get this really bad cramp on my right lower abdomen. It's pretty uncomfortable and I definitely plan to ask my doctor about it.

Same here. I thought it waa the beginning of a UTI. Guess its another normal preggo symptom.
    It's so annoying!!

• Options
    Just checking in @elasticheart13, did your midwife appt go okay?
  • Options

Anyone else feel crampy in your lower pelvis? (21 weeks) It's been pretty constant over the last week or so. Not painful, just annoying. Feels like right before you start your period. I had this all of first trimester and now it's back :unamused:

Yes yes yes and yes! I was starting to freak out because it definitely felt like period cramps, but just no blood. Glad I'm not alone!
  • Options

Anyone else feel crampy in your lower pelvis? (21 weeks) It's been pretty constant over the last week or so. Not painful, just annoying. Feels like right before you start your period. I had this all of first trimester and now it's back :unamused:

Yes yes yes and yes! I was starting to freak out because it definitely felt like period cramps, but just no blood. Glad I'm not alone!
    Sorry you are going through it too @kalanieileen but glad I'm not alone lol. Seriously felt like I was going to wipe and see blood! Nothing so far but the cramping lasted over a week and just started letting up the past couple days, thank goodness!

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Options
    So here's a fun symptom: forgot to take my diclegis over the holiday weekend, like for at least 3 days, maybe 4.....and I've only thrown up 3 times at work tonight. Fun! I guess morning sickness never went away. Guess I'll also be taking diclegis till the baby is born. 4 more months....4 more months....
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 glad everything is OK! I couldn't get in to see my doc but have my anatomy scan tomorrow. fingers crossed; I am so nervous!! 

• Options
    spatter1 said:
    @elasticheart13 glad everything is OK! I couldn't get in to see my doc but have my anatomy scan tomorrow. fingers crossed; I am so nervous!! 
    I am sure everything will be just fine, are you planning on finding out the sex?

• Options
    @loveymay....ME TOO! I am cursing myself for it, and not even realizing it.  I took my prenatal every night, just completely forgot to take Diclegis.  I just figured all the travel, food, and being off schedule was what was causing me to be sick.  WHOOPS!

imageimage
  • Options
    spatter1 said:
    I am sure everything will be just fine, are you planning on finding out the sex?
    Thanks for the positive thoughts! We already know the sex actually from the cfDNA test so this will just confirm I guess! It's a girl :)

• Options
    i know I've posted this before, but OMG, my upper/inner leg muscles get SO SORE from working out now. Is that normal? I'm basically sore 24/7, and it's not like I'm doing killer workouts!... just alternating between the elliptical and running 2 or 3 miles. I used to run like 4-6 miles on an average day and have no soreness at all!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I got my first bloody nose ever early this morning when I was half awake:( not fun. These symptoms just keep on comin'
  • Options

i know I've posted this before, but OMG, my upper/inner leg muscles get SO SORE from working out now. Is that normal? I'm basically sore 24/7, and it's not like I'm doing killer workouts!... just alternating between the elliptical and running 2 or 3 miles. I used to run like 4-6 miles on an average day and have no soreness at all!

I was a runner before getting pregnant as well, and I seem to get sore any time I do more than my normal daily walking. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    I think this is pertaining to a symptom.. Anyone else have crazy (what I think at least) weight gain? I was a avid gym rat before I got pregnant.. And got so sick, and now feel like a beached whale! I would run and lift weights six times a week, and was 135 at 5'2". Now, at 22 weeks I weigh 158 and feel like that episode of The Simpsons when Homer wears a moo-moo. It's making me so unhappy and disgusted with myself.
  • Options
    I've had a cold for a couple weeks now, and tonight I'm noticing some significant shortness of breath. I know some level of this is normal during pregnancy... But I'm not sure if I should get it checked out.. It's not a pleasant feeling, feeling like you can't take a deep breath :/
  • Options

I've had a cold for a couple weeks now, and tonight I'm noticing some significant shortness of breath. I know some level of this is normal during pregnancy... But I'm not sure if I should get it checked out.. It's not a pleasant feeling, feeling like you can't take a deep breath :/

I've had this on and off all pregnancy. It really is alarming and I'm sorry you're dealing with it right now! Antihistamines (Zyrtec) has helped me with this. If you're concerned you should definitely call your doc or get checked out at an urgent care or something.

• Options
    misstopsailmisstopsail member
    edited December 2015
    spatter1 said:

I've had this on and off all pregnancy. It really is alarming and I'm sorry you're dealing with it right now! Antihistamines (Zyrtec) has helped me with this. If you're concerned you should definitely call your doc or get checked out at an urgent care or something.

Thanks! DH insisted I get it checked out (he goes 'med express now or the ER at midnight), so I'm here now. The doc did some tests gave me a breathing treatment (I guess my peak flow? Is significantly lower than it should be).
    Now I get to stress over this class C inhaler.. The doc said she use to work OB and isn't concerned.
  • Options
    I think this is pertaining to a symptom.. Anyone else have crazy (what I think at least) weight gain? I was a avid gym rat before I got pregnant.. And got so sick, and now feel like a beached whale! I would run and lift weights six times a week, and was 135 at 5'2". Now, at 22 weeks I weigh 158 and feel like that episode of The Simpsons when Homer wears a moo-moo. It's making me so unhappy and disgusted with myself.
    @MegJerKlemz yes, I'm in the same boat. I'm sort of scared to weigh myself, but I've definitely gained over 20 lbs at 21 weeks, and I feel badly about myself, too :( I am still working out about 5 days a week, but I eat SO MUCH that I know the gym isn't putting a dent in it. It's sort of my own fault. I gained d a lot in the beginning because I felt SO SICK (nausea was AWFUL) and the only thing that made me feel better was eating carbs 24/7.... and then I just felt so gross and icky and I feel like I have been eating my feelings ever since.

If it's any consolation, I gained a lot of weight early in my first pregnant too, although not THIS much... and it did slow down at the end. Within a couple weeks of having my son, I had lost 20+ lbs, and I was back to my pre pregnancy weight within maybe 6 weeks. So try not to stress *too* much... if you have healthy habits and will work out, etc (although you have to take it easy for the first six weeks, I did a lot of walking with the stroller), you will lose the weight :)
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    spatter1spatter1 member
    edited December 2015
    @misstopsail I use an inhaler too on occasion and it's really helpful. My OB said it was fine and the risks of me/my baby not getting enough oxygen are worse than the potential risks of the inhaler. Made me feel better about using it!

• Options
    spatter1 said:
    @jordanbara I've had similar cramps lately. I've been more uncomfortable though from the constant gas cramps I've been having lately! And sometimes when I pee I get this really bad cramp on my right lower abdomen. It's pretty uncomfortable and I definitely plan to ask my doctor about it.
    OMG I thought I was the only one with the "pee cramps" I mentioned it to my OB and she thought it was weird. She suspected that straining to pee was maybe putting pressure on a nerve. Sometimes it is excruciating! The pain sometimes extends all the way down my leg and I have literally cried and I generally pride myself on having a pretty high pain tolerance. 
  • Options
    @WiseUsagi yes it is so painful sometimes. It kind of sounds like a kidney stone but I don't have a history of them and don't have any other symptoms besides the peeing pain. It's almost like everything is all under pressure in there when my bladder is full and releasing that pressure causes pain... Luckily it's not every time and has gotten better the past few days. Still going to bring it up though! If I get any good advice I'll let you know.

• Options
    how about round ligament pain? if i sit still for an extended period of time I have to get up VERY.SLOWLY. Otherwise sharp pain and a several seconds before I can walk without shuffling like a granny.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Post nasal drip, hemorrhoids, and aching calves and feet already at 21 weeks.. :neutral: is it April yet ??
  • Options
    I'm starting to have painful sciatica and lower back pain if I stand for long periods of time. Also noticing lower belly cramps/aches if Im standing or walking too much. Pregnancy symptoms just keep on coming! 3.5 more months, I can do this! ;)
  • Options
    Hi girls! I can relate to a lot of your symptoms and glad to know they are normal! I've had painful gas symptoms since the very beginning, quite scary at the beginning used to it now. I'm embarrassed from my hubby with all the gas! :/ I thought it was the iron tablets! Recurrent itching/discharge down there and lab tests came back normal! Round ligament pain when I stand up too quickly, and bum pain!! When I sit for too long, minor haemorrhoids... Mood swings, angry at hubby a lot. Pain in my inner thighs when I'm physically active all day.. Craving fruit juices... Hip pain from sleeping only on my sides, the wonderful list goes on but I don't care! I love being pregnant and the most important thing is that my baby girl is and will be healthy amen!!
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:
    OMG I'm over all this heartburn. I had it often before pregnancy, but this is insane. I'll take some Tums and have searing heartburn again in under an hour. ALL EVENING. 

Ugh. 

This. SO. MUCH. HEARTBURN. I never really got it before pregnancy, but now I feel like if I eat more than one bite of food in an hour it's just going to bubble back on up. Tums haven't helped at all, and I'm pretty sure I've lost weight in the last week due to not being able to eat anything! Hoping this doesn't last the next 4 months!
  • Options
    Oh yes, the heartburn. I too never had it before pregnancy, so I was not prepared at all.

Tums are no help. Actually, they make me puke. :(

The only thing that works immediately for me is plain yogurt with some honey, or hot almond milk with honey. (I use vanilla almond breeze with reduced sugar, that way it's not too sweet with the honey.)

Also, try to avoid cheese for a while and see if that helps. I realized that cheese was a major part of my heartburn problem after scarfing down a huge chunk of mil's delicious homemade enchilada. And anytime I eat cheese (except cream cheese.) The burning stomach ache afterwards is not worth it to me.

Aside from heartburn, I think I'm starting to get the RLP everyone is talking about. So. Much. Fun.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Anyone else dealing with RLS?? I've never had it before getting pregnant but its getting horribly annoying to try and fall asleep. Even resting on the couch watching TV is a problem nowadays! Wtf!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Anyone else dealing with RLS?? I've never had it before getting pregnant but its getting horribly annoying to try and fall asleep. Even resting on the couch watching TV is a problem nowadays! Wtf!

Same here. I just pray it isn't a sign of vericose veins in my future!
  • Options
    Has anyone found that their body hair growth has slowed down? I generally shave my legs every day as I wear dresses/skirts to work and don't like tights. My hair grows fast, especially in colder weather when I get goosebumps more often. But these days I can go for almost a week without shaving, and even then it has only grown in patches.
  • Options
    Has anyone found that their body hair growth has slowed down? I generally shave my legs every day as I wear dresses/skirts to work and don't like tights. My hair grows fast, especially in colder weather when I get goosebumps more often. But these days I can go for almost a week without shaving, and even then it has only grown in patches.
    I hate you. (I'm the exact opposite... Hair grows fast and in new places.. Hello boob hair!).
    Sorry, but thanks for making me laugh!

If it is any consolation, the slow-down seems to be everywhere, including the hair on my head and also my nails. So no lustrous locks and fab fingernails for me.
  • Options
    Is anyone else having the crazy dreams? This weekend I had one about my brother's gay wedding, which his mother and step father attended- except my brother is straight and his mom and step-dad are both dead. His mom looked dead at the ceremony, too, yikes. I also dreamed about a friend from jr high /high school - except we were in a James Bond movie, and the friend was trying to murder me.
    I swear this didn't start until later with my other kids.
  • Options
    mojomama6 said:

Is anyone else having the crazy dreams? This weekend I had one about my brother's gay wedding, which his mother and step father attended- except my brother is straight and his mom and step-dad are both dead. His mom looked dead at the ceremony, too, yikes. I also dreamed about a friend from jr high /high school - except we were in a James Bond movie, and the friend was trying to murder me.

I had a dream that DH gave me chlamydia after I peed in a cup at an appointment; we argued for a solid 3 hours in my dream and I almost woke him up to yell at him when I woke up. I knew it was a dream but I was mad all day!
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they are losing more hair than usual? I've noticed more on my pillow/in the shower than usual this week.
  • Options
    @AmadorRose, I totally have waked my husband up after a dream like that. Haha!
    @gracehopper27 I haven't had that issue with this pregnancy, but I did with one of my older girls. There's a chance it could signal a nutritional deficiency, but more likely it's just obnoxious. If you're eating well and taking vitamins, I'd just chalk it up to a really lame pregnancy side effect.
  • Options
    mojomama6 said:

I had a dream that I was dating an ISIS member over the weekend. So weird.
  • Options
    @mojomama6 that's what I'm thinking, too. I have been taking a prenatal vitamin and I eat healthily so I'm guessing it's just hormones. Still, not cute!