April 2016 Moms

Second Tri Symptoms Thread

Re: Second Tri Symptoms Thread

• Loading the player...
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited November 2015
    mswizzard said:

Also with the peeing! Some days I'm almost like a normal person, going every two hours or so. Other days it's every twenty minutes, usually slowing down and tapering off after a few hours. Drives me crazy! I'm about to take a trip and it's making me nervous about my flight.

Totally. I'm fine with long flights but this recent 14hr flight was just a whole different experience running to the bathroom all the time. And this is even after my effort to try and avoid salty airplane food (which makes you more thirsty!). I'm pretty sure the ppl sitting between us and the lavatory would recognize me as the bathroom girl if they saw me on the street today. LOL
    Try and get an aisle seat- it'll be so helpful!
  • Still dealing with headaches here. Lower back or pelvis soreness, like I can feel my hips have already loosened up, especially when I do too much walking around. Boobs are still slightly sore and feel super heavy when the bra comes off lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • Sinus congestion is out of control. Im also waking up in the night with throbbing mouth and gum pain. I went to the dentist a few days before my BFP and had not a single cavity, good-looking gums. Ugh.
  • Any other mommies feeling out of breath when they have to talk a lot? Or even just out of breath in general. I feel like I can't ever breathe fully.

All day every day. My job is almost solely to talk to patients about why they're coming to the clinic, and I often have to stop, apologize, and take a moment to try to catch my breath. This is when I'm sitting and writing; I can't hold a conversation if I'm walking more than 30 feet.
  • I just experienced the worst cramping ever in my pelvic area. It was so bad that I couldn't move for a few minutes. It still hurts a little bit but it's much better. I don't know if I should be worried :/

• I'm still experiencing morning sickness (more like all-day sickness) at 20 weeks. I don't usually vomit, just queasiness and an absolutely horrible taste in my mouth almost all day. It's driving me a little bit crazy. Anyone else?
  • I just experienced the worst cramping ever in my pelvic area. It was so bad that I couldn't move for a few minutes. It still hurts a little bit but it's much better. I don't know if I should be worried :/

That would probably freak me out too. Was it possibly RLP? Was it on one side? I've had some pretty uncomfortable RLP but usually only lasts a few seconds.

I've had several bouts like this, usually after I sneeze or stretch in the wrong direction.
  • Well, I've had a lot of nasal congestion, like every day, which also translates to annoying drainage in my throat... So that sucks.

Plenty of round ligament pain and abdominal aches in general... I think baby decided that this week was a good week to REALLY stretch the uterus, idk lol.

I'm still peeing a lot, though it's ever so slightly less than before.

Sex drive is weird... Some days I'm kinda vaguely horny, others I'm just like "let's just cuddle, no more." My poor hubby thinks I'm the sexiest thing since... Well idk a good comparison but still lol. And I'm very rarely horny. Poor guy.

My joints seem to want to pop out of joint or something a lot. I'm not actually double-jointed in most places, so this is kind of painful and annoying.

Oh yes, I'm also starving, like, all the time. All the time! I feel like I'm constantly eating. It's kinda annoying lol. But also, my stomach is tiny, so like I'll eat half a meal and be full, and then a half hour later I'm starving again. So annoying!

And yes, swampy crotch is a thing here too lol. Love the term haha

I've had several bouts like this, usually after I sneeze or stretch in the wrong direction.
    I don't have my glasses on.. For a split second I thought "wrong direction" said "strong erection" LOL too early for me
  • spatter1 said:

I just experienced the worst cramping ever in my pelvic area. It was so bad that I couldn't move for a few minutes. It still hurts a little bit but it's much better. I don't know if I should be worried :/

That would probably freak me out too. Was it possibly RLP? Was it on one side? I've had some pretty uncomfortable RLP but usually only lasts a few seconds.
    I've had quite a lot of RLP lately but this one was like ten times worse. I couldn't move at all from the pain. Now everytime I sneeze some of the pain comes back again. I'll talk to the midwife about it on Monday at my anatomy scan. :(

• My joints seem to want to pop out of joint or something a lot. I'm not actually double-jointed in most places, so this is kind of painful and annoying.

This is actually quite common in pregnancy. In order to prepare your body for childbirth the body produces a higher level of the hormone relaxin that loosens the joints and ligament in your body. In my case it resulted in an extremely sore tailbone around week 14 lol.

• Right now my hair is amazing! It looks so full and just overall better in general so I'm very happy for this symptom!
  • Right now my hair is amazing! It looks so full and just overall better in general so I'm very happy for this symptom!
    I don't know if my hair is *amazing* but its definitely changing! Sometimes I let it air dry and wear it wavy, nowadays it seems much more inclined to curl than it used to. I'm loving that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • msciann said:

I'm still experiencing morning sickness (more like all-day sickness) at 20 weeks. I don't usually vomit, just queasiness and an absolutely horrible taste in my mouth almost all day. It's driving me a little bit crazy. Anyone else?

I'm 18/3, so a bit behind you. But I'm still dealing with nausea off and on throughout the day (mostly evening now) and food aversions. And I have a horrible taste in my mouth all the time. I didn't experience the bad taste symptom with either of my first two babies. It is really annoying!
  • edited November 2015
    I just spent 1 hour brushing my hair because it got all tangled up. I usually only brush it once a week before showering my hair and then leave it be, but the pregnancy has made my hair go crazy. I can feel it getting all tangled up as soon as I am done brushing it. I am so over this.

Edit: And we are not talking regular tangled up. I'm talking about a nightmare where you feel like giving up and crying, and then wonder how bad it would be to just cut it all off.

• Every time I eat a full meal, the skin on my belly gets really tight. I haven't even had much RLP yet, and I'm already starting to worry about stretch marks.

I'm definitely feeling the extra levels of relaxin too.
  • aa79606 said:

Every time I eat a full meal, the skin on my belly gets really tight. I haven't even had much RLP yet, and I'm already starting to worry about stretch marks.

I'm definitely feeling the extra levels of relaxin too.

Completely!! Although I don't know what RLP means. From the bottom of my rib cage until the top of my vagina I feel like I'm being torn apart from the inside.
    They say you're meant to have 5-6 small meals a day, and I've found when I have regular small snacks hence less at the regular mealtimes it sometimes helps. Often still get stretched but better than having the 3x a day.....problem is I like my lunch and dinner!!

I also get v breathless at times - especially when the above happens.

In the last couple of weeks, fatigue has returned in the aftns and evening :(

And my hubbie felt the baby kick last week which really made my day :)
  • @jkeezy RLP is round ligament pain.

I'll paste what WebMD says about RLP says here, because I'm awake but I'm not ready to get out of bed yet this morning. ;)

"Round ligament pain is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is considered a normal part of pregnancy. It is most often felt during the second trimester.

"The round ligament connects the front part of the womb to your groin, the area where your legs attach to your pelvis. The round ligament normally tightens and relaxes slowly.

"As your baby and womb grow, the round ligament stretches. That makes it more likely to become strained.

"Sudden movements can cause the ligament to tighten quickly, like a rubber band snapping. This causes a sudden and quick jabbing feeling.

"Exercise may cause the pain, as will rapid movements such as:

sneezing
    coughing
    laughing
    rolling over in bed
    standing up too quickly"

--end WebMD quote--

I can attest to sneezing causing RLP with this baby... Thankfully it doesn't happen too often, because when it does I pretty much feel the "snap" all the way across the front, between my belly button and pubic bone. To me the "good" thing about RLP with a sneeze or cough is that when you feel the pain, it isn't really a surpise... From what I can remember from my previous pregnancies, it's the random sharp pains out of nowhere that freaked me out the most.

• aa79606 said:
     I can attest to sneezing causing RLP with this baby... Thankfully it doesn't happen too often, because when it does I pretty much feel the "snap" all the way across the front, between my belly button and pubic bone. To me the "good" thing about RLP with a sneeze or cough is that when you feel the pain, it isn't really a surpise... From what I can remember from my previous pregnancies, it's the random sharp pains out of nowhere that freaked me out the most.
    Same here, I hold my belly as soon as I feel a sneeze coming up to brace myself for the RLP coming my way. Last time I laughed so hard on the phone with DH I had to tell him to stop because it was getting really painful lol.

• I feel so much better after reading that some of you ladies are congested and short of breath (not that I wish these things on you!!) But because I am suffering the same thing, and it has been so bad this weekend, I thought for sure it wasn't pregnancy related. I keep telling my dh that I feel like I'm suffocating because I can't catch my breath, even just sitting. I saw my OB on Friday and she said it is completely normal, ugh! Also I'm having the upper belly stretching/bloating thing after I eat. Which makes it harder to breath too. I am so done being pregnant and I'm only halfway there. I get past one symptom only to face another unpleasant one. Can't I just have a few weeks of no symptoms?
  • I just noticed my belly button! What the hell is that about? It looks weird now!
  • Holy restless legs, Batman! Anyone have any tips?
  • loveymay said:

I feel so much better after reading that some of you ladies are congested and short of breath (not that I wish these things on you!!) But because I am suffering the same thing, and it has been so bad this weekend, I thought for sure it wasn't pregnancy related. I keep telling my dh that I feel like I'm suffocating because I can't catch my breath, even just sitting. I saw my OB on Friday and she said it is completely normal, ugh! Also I'm having the upper belly stretching/bloating thing after I eat. Which makes it harder to breath too. I am so done being pregnant and I'm only halfway there. I get past one symptom only to face another unpleasant one. Can't I just have a few weeks of no symptoms?

I've so been feeling the congestion pain, but my sister suggested I buy a neti pot, and it has worked wonders. Pouring saline water through my nose seemed kinda gnarly at first, but it was totally painless and safe. Just be sure to use distilled or boiled water!

• I just noticed my belly button! What the hell is that about? It looks weird now!

Lol I have an umbilical hernia, so mine is already poking way out. Had it last pregnancy too. It's so obnoxious.
  • @AmadorRose daily stretching, massage and moderate exercise are supposed to help... Kind of generic tips, sorry. But a leg & foot massage does sound nice!

@knitknit I never could get past the "gnarly" with my neti pot. lol
  • Holy restless legs, Batman! Anyone have any tips?

Ugh right there with you! Ditto on the stretching. I try to do it through the day but especially right before bed. I also notice exercise and being hydrated seem to help. If it's really bad and keeping me up I'll just get up and walk around for a couple minutes. It really is so annoying!

• I posted this elsewhere a few days ago, but I'll add it to here as well.  For the past week or so, my right thigh has been getting numb.  It's not the whole leg, just the top part of the right thigh.  It's enough to be annoying, but not painful.
    I've researched it and saw it wasn't uncommon, but it'd be nice to hear if any other expectant Moms are going through this as well.
  • Anyone have experience with a UTI? I've never had one before but for the last week I have had a "heaviness" in my crotch whenever I walk or use the restroom. Also, lower back and pelvic aches. I didn't think much of them until yesterday.

Anyway, yesterday morning I went pee and when I wiped it was tinted light pink. Of course I immediately panicked. I soon realized that I wasn't bleeding from my vagina but that my urine was tinted pink. I started drinking a lot of water/cranberry juice and it went back to being clear within the hour and has stayed clear since.

I called the nurse line this morning and she said it sounded like a UTI to her and if I was really worried I could go in and get tested today or wait until Friday when I have my regular appointment since it sounded like my symptoms were resolving themselves for now.

Sorry this is so long. What I'm wondering is, does this sound so serious that I need to rush to the doctors today or would I most likely be okay waiting it out and going in if my symptoms get worse before Friday?

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • I'm super sensitive to the feeling of suffocation and this shortness of breath/trying to breath deep is freaking me out. I'm not that big yet and I'm scared of how it will be in a couple of months!
  • Any getting really dizzy? It started for me yesterday at 17w1d. I'm even getting dizzy just sitting at my desk. It's really annoying.

Also having the usual sinus drainage, slight headaches, TAILBONE PAIN, shortness of breath, RLP. Very little nausea though! 
  • I called the nurse line this morning and she said it sounded like a UTI to her and if I was really worried I could go in and get tested today or wait until Friday when I have my regular appointment since it sounded like my symptoms were resolving themselves for now.

Sorry this is so long. What I'm wondering is, does this sound so serious that I need to rush to the doctors today or would I most likely be okay waiting it out and going in if my symptoms get worse before Friday?

I wouldn't mess around with a UTI since it progresses super quickly for me. If I don't treat it in a matter of a day or two it becomes excruciatingly painful. If you ignore it it can become a bladder infection with a pain level beyond the worsened UTI.

But if it's clearing up and youre not experiencing pain while urinating it might be going away naturally. I never found cranberry juice to help much but drinking a lot more water in general might flush it out if it's in the early stages :)
  • kimey1 said:

I called the nurse line this morning and she said it sounded like a UTI to her and if I was really worried I could go in and get tested today or wait until Friday when I have my regular appointment since it sounded like my symptoms were resolving themselves for now.

I wouldn't mess around with a UTI since it progresses super quickly for me. If I don't treat it in a matter of a day or two it becomes excruciatingly painful. If you ignore it it can become a bladder infection with a pain level beyond the worsened UTI.

But if it's clearing up and youre not experiencing pain while urinating it might be going away naturally. I never found cranberry juice to help much but drinking a lot more water in general might flush it out if it's in the early stages :)
    @kimey1 Thank you for the reply! I decided to wait until Friday because I really don't have any other symptoms besides the "heaviness" when I stand for long periods of time (no itching, burning, or trouble going to the bathroom). The blood in my urine hasn't come back since Sunday AM so hopefully I can make it til Friday without any issues :smile:

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Definately dealing with restless legs! I keep getting up to walk around my house and it isn't working. I just want sleep! Lol
  • Carpal tunnel, finding a comfy position to sleep in, constantly having to pee and not being able to breathe are just beyond frustrating to me.
  • So I'm 19 weeks.. And everything was fine until this week. I got a horrible virus and was running a temp, so they gave me antibiotics and Tylenol to control the fever. After three days I feel like the baby isn't moving as much anymore. I've tried every trick in the book to nudge him, too. I went to the bathroom tonight and found bright pink spotting. Not a lot, just a few tiny dots. I've googled and googled and found no definite answers. Anyone else have or had the same issues around the same gestation period? Because I'm seriously freaking out, and thinking the worst.
  • g&tlewis said:

Any getting really dizzy? It started for me yesterday at 17w1d. I'm even getting dizzy just sitting at my desk. It's really annoying.

Also having the usual sinus drainage, slight headaches, TAILBONE PAIN, shortness of breath, RLP. Very little nausea though! 
    Yes to the dizzy. I've always had low BP and pregnancy hasn't helped with the increased blood flow!. Plus, I've found the constant-grazing-to-keep-blood-sugar-levels-up rather difficult to do meaning I'm more prone to sugar dips which can lead to dizziness and black spots. I'm not worried as they're common pregnancy symptoms and I know the root causes, but they do get annoying - especially when it's at work!