April 2016 Moms
Options

Second Tri Symptoms Thread

Re: Second Tri Symptoms Thread

• Options
    @misstopsail on the hair thing - I feel like all the hair above my neck is growing faster (and in new and unwanted places!). BUT, all the hair below my neck seems to be growing much more slowly. Definitely not sad about not having to shave my legs so much but these random chin/neck hairs are NOT cute!

My face/head are also SO dry. My scalp along my hairline is noticeably dry (ew). I usually need to wash my hair every day or I'm a huge greaseball, but this weekend I went over 48 hour without a wash and was totally fine.

• Options
    Ew ok another annoying thing, I still have excess saliva... Does that go away eventually? It's so gross I find myself nearly choking on it sometimes!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Knee pain has been my complaint lately. Squatting down to get the laundry out of the washer, getting out of the car, waking me up in the middle of the night, bothering me when I sit too long...boo! Go away!
  • Options
    So I just had the most painful night in my pregnancy yet. I woke up from the back pain and the pressure on my right side and it was like no matter what position I was in or tried, nothing helped. It felt like he was crushing my liver or something and I was struggling with breathing. The back pain went away when I stood up, but the pressure and pain on my right abdominal area was too intense. It's still not completely gone but much better than before. I just wanna sleep dammit!

• Options
    Okay on my way to the doctor now, the pain is unreal :(

• Options

Keep us posted, this doesn't sound right. Good luck!
  • Options
    Yikes! Good luck.
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 keep us posted! Hope it is nothing serious!

• Options
    Not sure if this symptom has been discussed or not on this board but I had to ask and if it was already discussed I apologize.

I have been getting this sharp pain on my left side and it feels like a cramp I would get from running. I don't feel it if I am sitting or laying down, but when I get up from sitting for awhile and then when I am walking. Usually I can just walk it off but find the feeling funny. I am thinking she might just be in a weird position but wanted to see if anything be was experiencing something similar.

I will add that I am 21 weeks today and only 5'1 with a small torso. Only adding because maybe this could be adding to the discomfort. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you fellow mommies.
  • Options
    kalanieileenkalanieileen member
    edited December 2015
    Dmurphy10 said:

Not sure if this symptom has been discussed or not on this board but I had to ask and if it was already discussed I apologize.

I have been getting this sharp pain on my left side and it feels like a cramp I would get from running. I don't feel it if I am sitting or laying down, but when I get up from sitting for awhile and then when I am walking. Usually I can just walk it off but find the feeling funny. I am thinking she might just be in a weird position but wanted to see if anything be was experiencing something similar.

I will add that I am 21 weeks today and only 5'1 with a small torso. Only adding because maybe this could be adding to the discomfort. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you fellow mommies.

I am actually curious to this as well. It's always my left side and it's a sharp cramp in mid torso area/left rib cage. And I know it's not a kick or the baby moving, because those have felt much much different. I've only experienced this sharp pain sitting down.

ETA: I'm 5'3" with a very small torso as well.
  • Options
    Oh no @elasticheart13 let us know how it goes <3
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 Updates?!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 just saw your post about the pain you were having. Hope everything is okay and let us know what the doctor says.
  • Options
    I ended up going to the doctor even though my insurance is in Sweden. They told me it's most likely gallbladder stones and I need an ultrasound. They prescribed me some painkillers until I'm back in Sweden on Monday and gave me the number of an emergency line in case the pain gets bad again in the weekend. I have never felt that bad before, but it faded away after a few hours. Sigh.

• Options
    @elasticheart13 - So sorry you've been in pain!  But so glad to hear that you and baby are okay... gallstones stink, but are definitely not a worst-case-scenario.
  • Options
    @AGK2015 Thank you, the doctor took the time to find the heartbeat and reassure me everything was fine, so at least the little one was doing good. But it seriously felt like my insides were rupturing, holy shit.

But thanks everyone for your warm thoughts, I definitely thought it was much worse lol.

• Options
    @elasticheart13 did they at least give you dos and don'ts for the time being? I really hope you start feeling better!
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 I know gallstones are the worst but I'm glad it wasn't something with the baby!! When I was rushed to ER a few months ago, they suspected gallstones and told that it's very common in pregnancy. Hope you feel better!
  • Options

@elasticheart13 did they at least give you dos and don'ts for the time being? I really hope you start feeling better!

I am definitely much better now. I was told gallstone attacks last a few hours and that I was allowed to take Ibuprofen for the pain as long as I'm in the second trimester only. I'll see how bad it is once I get the ultrasound. No attacks since the morning.

@kalanieileen yeah I was so scared it was something serious. She told me most gallstones dissappear again after the pregnancy. So I feel much better knowing it's "only" this.

• Options
    @elasticheart13 so glad baby is ok but sorry you're dealing with this! Sounds soooo painful!

• Options
    I'm finding dehydration is causing all kinds of symptoms. Leg cramps, headaches, dizziness, sore joints, back pain. Everything I have been experiencing seems to be resolved with water, water, and more water. I thought I drank a ton of water already... It turns out I need to be drinking a ton more. It's amazing how water has become the central focal point in my day.
  • Options
    I'm still fighting morning sickness and nudity or now thinks that it will last me the entire pregnancy. Yay.

On a happier note, I'm no longer having nosebleeds every. Single. Morning.

My boobs seriously feel like my milk is going to come in any day, when I know it won't until baby comes. I jumped two cup sizes in a month and these demons just seem to keep getting bigger and heavier...

Sleeping is nearly impossible. If I can get comfortable, I wake up and won't fall back asleep. If I'm really tired, I can't get comfortable or I'm fighting a cat or toddler to leave me alone.

My eyes have been bugging out with my contacts. I know pregnancy can mess with contact lenses, but I feel like I had issues much later last time around.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @elasticheart13 Glad it wasn't anything too serious! But pls take care of yourself! Did your doctor suggest a special diet, lower in fat, in order to "rest" your biliary system?
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:

@elasticheart13 Glad it wasn't anything too serious! But pls take care of yourself! Did your doctor suggest a special diet, lower in fat, in order to "rest" your biliary system?

Thank you, she didn't really suggest anything as she's not my doctor but my moms. She only said it happens more commonly in pregnancies. She told me to talk to my doctor once I'm back in Sweden. But I'll try to eat less fatty foods for sure, thank you for the suggestion :)

• Options
    edited December 2015

• Options
    Sleeping has also become really tough for me. I'm trying to sleep on my side but I wake up and my shoulders and hips are so sore. Sleeping in on the weekends doesn't happen any more... I guess this is a good warm up for baby? Meh...

• Options
    Having some awful cramping about 20 min after a bowel movement... This is a first. Feels like period cramps
  • Options

@fbanke42 nudity?

Kind of wondering the same thing... Typo?
  • Options

@fbanke42 nudity?

How did doctor turn into nudity?!

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:

@fbanke42 nudity?

Haha! Ok that makes a whole lot more sense now. Sorry to hear you'll have nausea your entire pregnancy :/ so you have HG then? There is nothing that has helped you?

My gosh I seriously want to cry for you. The constant hungover feeling drove me mad. At least we are almost to the finish line, hang in there!
  • Options

thaisac1 said:

Thank you, she didn't really suggest anything as she's not my doctor but my moms. She only said it happens more commonly in pregnancies. She told me to talk to my doctor once I'm back in Sweden. But I'll try to eat less fatty foods for sure, thank you for the suggestion :)
    Bile, which is stored in the gallbladder, is needed for the digestion of fats. So every time we eat fat, the gallbladder gets a stimulus to release bile.
    Right now you want your gallbladder to remain nice and quiet so the gallstones don't dislodge, which can be a problem. Hence the recommendation for a low fat diet.
  • Options

fbanke42 said:

@fbanke42 nudity?

Haha! Ok that makes a whole lot more sense now. Sorry to hear you'll have nausea your entire pregnancy :/ so you have HG then? There is nothing that has helped you?

My gosh I seriously want to cry for you. The constant hungover feeling drove me mad. At least we are almost to the finish line, hang in there!
    Yay! Someone who knows what HG is! Most of the people I've talked to have never heard of it, even if I say "that thing Kate Middleton was diagnosed with."

Doctor diagnosed me with HG at my first appointment. I stopped vomiting regularly about a few weeks ago. Now I just constantly feel nauseated. I'm really hoping I don't get heartburn this time, since I had insane heartburn with DS1, and I can't imagine how life will be if I have both going on for three months.

I've tried avoiding foods, sea bands, constantly eating, anti-nausea medication, Epsom salt baths, ginger... Nothing really works. The most I ever got was less puking. I was also really unlucky and broke one of my fingers during the first trimester, and all of the meds that I had to take for that made it so I couldn't get anything down at all... Once I was off the antibiotics and no longer needed my pain meds, things went back to "normal" and I was only puking 2-3 times a day until about 16 weeks. Then it slowed down to once a day... From there it's slowed down to about once a week. Luckily, I wasn't puking constantly at work, since my finger kept me at home when it was at its worst.

I've been counting down to holding DS2 and no more nausea. DH is already talking about planning on TTC for a 3rd when DS2 is 3, but all I can think of is "I'm too nauseous to even think about getting pregnant again... Even if it is 3.5 years from now!"

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:

fbanke42 said:

@fbanke42 nudity?

Yay! Someone who knows what HG is! Most of the people I've talked to have never heard of it, even if I say "that thing Kate Middleton was diagnosed with."

Doctor diagnosed me with HG at my first appointment. I stopped vomiting regularly about a few weeks ago. Now I just constantly feel nauseated. I'm really hoping I don't get heartburn this time, since I had insane heartburn with DS1, and I can't imagine how life will be if I have both going on for three months.

I've tried avoiding foods, sea bands, constantly eating, anti-nausea medication, Epsom salt baths, ginger... Nothing really works. The most I ever got was less puking. I was also really unlucky and broke one of my fingers during the first trimester, and all of the meds that I had to take for that made it so I couldn't get anything down at all... Once I was off the antibiotics and no longer needed my pain meds, things went back to "normal" and I was only puking 2-3 times a day until about 16 weeks. Then it slowed down to once a day... From there it's slowed down to about once a week. Luckily, I wasn't puking constantly at work, since my finger kept me at home when it was at its worst.

I've been counting down to holding DS2 and no more nausea. DH is already talking about planning on TTC for a 3rd when DS2 is 3, but all I can think of is "I'm too nauseous to even think about getting pregnant again... Even if it is 3.5 years from now!"
    I have HG too! I thought I was the only one here. Not that it's a happy club to be in, but hey. I have yet to puke yet today and I feel like a champ. With DD, it slowed down to once a week around 28 weeks, so hopefully I'm turning a corner. I've been weaning off the Zofran pump since the third and can't wait for the day I can stop poking myself.
  • Options

fbanke42 said:

fbanke42 said:

@fbanke42 nudity?

I have HG too! I thought I was the only one here. Not that it's a happy club to be in, but hey. I have yet to puke yet today and I feel like a champ. With DD, it slowed down to once a week around 28 weeks, so hopefully I'm turning a corner. I've been weaning off the Zofran pump since the third and can't wait for the day I can stop poking myself.
    Someone else in the misery club! Woo!

All of the anti-nausea meds made me have splitting headaches, didn't work, or made my stomach so upset that I missed the nausea.

I have a drawer full of snacks at work just so I don't die. I already told my coworkers that if they steal anything, it's their desk I'm puking on. I haven't puked in a couple of days, thankfully. Smells get me, so I've been having to tell people to not eat at their desk when I'm there or I've been having to find different places to eat at lunch while at work. DS1 has had to go without a few foods for a while, since they're trigger smells for me. The smell of mandarin oranges makes me puke without fail.

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:

@fbanke42 nudity?

Lesson learned: don't play doctor. Unless you're really a doctor, so @thaisac1 gets a pass.

• Options
    Anybody discovered any good remedies for cold/congestion lately? I gave in and pulled out the 'approved med list' from the OB and Afrin nose spray and regular Sudafed has been a lifesaver this weekend but I really don't want to get hooked on the nose spray (besides the fact that they don't really want you using it for weeks on end). I have a Neti-Pot, but the last time I used it I did something wrong and I've sworn it off for now, haha. Any miracles in the works? This stuff is for the birds!
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:

Anybody discovered any good remedies for cold/congestion lately? I gave in and pulled out the 'approved med list' from the OB and Afrin nose spray and regular Sudafed has been a lifesaver this weekend but I really don't want to get hooked on the nose spray (besides the fact that they don't really want you using it for weeks on end). I have a Neti-Pot, but the last time I used it I did something wrong and I've sworn it off for now, haha. Any miracles in the works? This stuff is for the birds!

Your guidelines may be different, but when my guys get afrin I tell them no more than three days at a time and the must wait at least 7 days until they start using it again. I've never used a Neti-pot but I would definitely invest in one if I got sick.
  • Options
    I found out at my 20 week ultrasound last week that I have partial placenta previa. They told me most likely the baby girl will move away from the cervix, but I'm on pelvic rest for a month until I get another ultrasound. My sex drive was just coming back, and now it's here in full force! This sucks, but for the safety of the baby it completely makes sense.

It's my first baby, and I'm only 29 so placenta previa is new to me. Has anyone else experienced this with a pregancy? And did the placenta move.... I'm crossing my fingers because there's nothing else I can do but wait!
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    I just use saline spray. I only use Afrin very sparingly even not pregnant- you are only supposed to use it for a couple days at a time, max.