March 2016 Moms
Options

Question Thread - "Stupid" or not - just ask away

Re: Question Thread - "Stupid" or not - just ask away

• Options

@ecwk I'd be happy to pass some of mine along to you.

Can I have some too?!
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol I love that I'm not the only member of the IBTC here! My fave is about month 10 or 11 postpartum when I've lost most of the baby weight, but still have the nursing boobs. Haha.

My two cents about the placenta: both times, I delivered the placenta while the baby was getting checked out in the warmer - but I didn't do immediate skin to skin with either of them because neither of them cried like they were supposed to and got whisked away pretty quickly. And both times, it just came right out no issues. I had glorious epidurals and didn't feel any of it.

Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

@ecwk I'd be happy to pass some of mine along to you.

Can I have some too?!
    I could give y'all one and still have enough in my left over boob to make a decent set.
  • Options
    Also I guess I forgot or over looked this whole placenta delivery thing. I guess I thought....well idk what I thought but now I am adequately horrified.
  • Options
    jess9802jess9802 member
    edited October 2015
    Well....that was horrifying to read. I have a question about breast feeding. I know at first you just produce the colostrum, but does your body produce more and more as you go along, or does it switch straight into producing lot? I don't know if what I am asking makes sense or not. Basically will your kid eat everything that you make or will there be extra milk?

It takes a few days for your milk to come in but it's a slow transition. I was having to pump and on day 3 noticed the color changing, and within a day or two the quantity increased as well. By day 4 I think I was pumping more than he took in a feeding so I didn't need to supplement with formula, but YMMV. I ended up with an oversupply that took more than 7 months to regulate. FWIW, I never had engorgement or a huge increase in size and I'm a D cup.
  • Options
    I'm already a DDD so I'm cringing at the thought of larger boobs. I'm planning to try to Pump exclusively if I even produce enough. I just wasn't sure if there was a surplus because I would like to be able to save some as well. So if I'm pumping enough will my body think I need more and make it for me? I just want there to be enough for someone to feed her if I'm not there. I'm sure this is a really dumb thing to worry about but I can't help but wonder how this all works
    I have nightmares of accidentally suffacating baby with my H's.  I can't imagine them getting bigger, it will be a sad day indeed.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    How long does it take to deliver the placenta? Is it painful? Can this happen while doing skin to skin and trying to breast feed for the first time?
    Both of my boys the placenta delivered very easily.  And I hardly remember it - I was in newborn bliss.  And skin to skin and nursing actually helps it deliver (although don't stress if baby doesn't nurse right away - it's the skin to skin that really "helps" everything along if that makes sense).
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    charley15 said:

Hey if we are sharing boobies, I have 2 F's that I'd be willing to downsize!

Lol well not that I need it but as long as you're giving some away I'll take some but add to my ever growing (not that I'm complaining) butt! :))
  • Options
    @j234 I was also sore from my anatomy scan. I even had a small bruise on my left side. My little man was moving a lot and she was pressing so hard to get him I seriously almost cried out. Apparently this is a trend for my child because he runs away from the doppler every time too. He hates to be bothered, just like his mommy.
  • Options
    JessKo08 said:
    I really wish I could lipo some excess off my boobs and inject it into my very flat (it's hereditary, sorry future baby) butt!

Oh man, I'd like to do the opposite. Can I take some of my butt/thigh fat and have it transplanted to my boobs? Why has this not been invented yet??
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    This is my 2nd pregnancy 1st a girl no problems, this time a boy and opposite. Im experiencing pelvis area pain like baby low down but now i have a pain on right side pelvic area inner thigh when moving and really sore anyone any idea? Im 22 weeks now.
  • Options
    @kynbar5 I'm not that big normally either (B-cup). I guess this differs from woman to woman as well. Most women I've talked about bf-ing with as had it similar to me, however many of those have also been related to me so maybe it's something in my family? My boobs also regulated themselves down a little after a few days. My milk came in overnight so I went from just colostrum in there to all of a sudden the real deal. Not sure how big they actually got cause I only used nursing-tops in the beginning, but DH was shocked when he saw them or more correctly horrified O:-) sadly they went back to a B-cup after DS stopped nursing...
  • Options
    corie87 said:

This is my 2nd pregnancy 1st a girl no problems, this time a boy and opposite. Im experiencing pelvis area pain like baby low down but now i have a pain on right side pelvic area inner thigh when moving and really sore anyone any idea? Im 22 weeks now.

It seems the pelvic pain gets worse with each pregnancy, especially if they ride low. Your pelvis might be out of alignment, which a chiropractor can help with. You can also soak in a warm bath and put a heating pad on that area.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    My placenta sucked to deliver. We did immediate skin to skin, but it took about 10-15 minutes to deliver. The bad part was the nurse kneading my stomach like a damn pizza dough. I've never wanted to punch someone so much in my life. It came out okay, but it wasn't quick.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options

My placenta sucked to deliver. We did immediate skin to skin, but it took about 10-15 minutes to deliver. The bad part was the nurse kneading my stomach like a damn pizza dough. I've never wanted to punch someone so much in my life. It came out okay, but it wasn't quick.

This was the best description ever. Hit the nail right on the head! When I was trying to tell how the dr was rubbing my belly I couldn't for the life of me think of how to describe it lol. This is perfect though!
  • Options
    Anyone else just "scared" of the cramping that's going to happen after delivery?  DS2 just plain sucked and I was in tears, how bad is it with #3???
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:

Anyone else just "scared" of the cramping that's going to happen after delivery?  DS2 just plain sucked and I was in tears, how bad is it with #3???

Honestly I didn't remember it being really bad until my 5th. The rest weren't anything like that. I'm honestly a little afraid of if it'll be worse this time especially since I'll be getting my tubes tied shortly after delivery.
  • Options
    On top of that, this might be a weird question, but if you do get your tubes tied after delivery, how successful will breast feeding be since it's pretty soon after delivery?  And I'm assuming they put you under for it, is that incorrect???
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:

On top of that, this might be a weird question, but if you do get your tubes tied after delivery, how successful will breast feeding be since it's pretty soon after delivery?  And I'm assuming they put you under for it, is that incorrect???

From how my dr explained it is that I can get them tied with my epidural still in place and working so I don't have to be put to sleep. This was my concern too because I do plan to bf again and he said that won't hinder it (he said it's a pretty quick deal) so I'll go with trusting him on this one ;) he hasn't led me in the wrong direction thus far. Also, we have up to 24 hours after birth to do it so I'll do my skin to skin and get him latched and fed and then get rolled in to get it done. Hopefully it all works out!
  • Options
    skruhmin said:

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to it. A nurse told me last time that it was worse with each baby. I don't really remember it with my first, but definitely remember it with my second! Oh well, hopefully it won't last too long!

• Options
    Oh I went to the same thing except my placenta did not all come out so I kept on bleeding and had to be rushed into the OR where they gave me blood, manually pulled everything out by hand and inserted a balloon in me (I was knocked out).  I would rather give birth to 3 babies than delivering one placenta. But yes... it hurt like hell!
  • Options
    skruhmin said:

I didn't know this was a thing :(

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:

skruhmin said:

It's a productive thing - uterus contracting to shrink back down and make sure everything is out. But it can be uncomfortable. I mainly remember it the first few days or week after my second was born, when she would nurse. It would hurt for a few minutes and then subside.

• Options
    ecwk said:

skruhmin said:

It sucks, but it's pretty shortlived. They are called after pains and it's from your uterus contracting back to normal size. They are sharp pains and were the worst when nursing, but like ok said, it doesn't last long. I also hear they are worse with each subsequent delivery :(
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options

ecwk said:

skruhmin said:

It sucks, but it's pretty shortlived. They are called after pains and it's from your uterus contracting back to normal size. They are sharp pains and were the worst when nursing, but like ok said, it doesn't last long. I also hear they are worse with each subsequent delivery :(
    For some reason though nursing has something to do with it too. I found that nursing made mine worse BUT I healed much quicker so I thought it was worth it :) Even with them being worse it wasn't anything a Tylenol wouldn't take care of.
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

ecwk said:

skruhmin said:

For some reason though nursing has something to do with it too. I found that nursing made mine worse BUT I healed much quicker so I thought it was worth it :) Even with them being worse it wasn't anything a Tylenol wouldn't take care of.
    It has to do with the hormone release during nursing and it can help you heal quicker.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    How long can I expect my a/s to last? Obviously not a big deal, just curious...
  • Options
    Mine lasted 15 minutes
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    skruhmin said:

Mine lasted 15 minutes

Mine are usually about the same. A lot depends on how cooperative the baby is too. :)
  • Options
    Mkne took a while--40 minutes? That said, we had trouble with seeing the heart and even tried a vaginal one.
  • Options
    SO I have already started lactating...

Should I just get some little pads for my bras or what? It's not a ton but if it's happening already is it going to get worse? I just don't want to ruin my clothes.
  • Options
    skruhmin said:

Should I just get some little pads for my bras or what? It's not a ton but if it's happening already is it going to get worse? I just don't want to ruin my clothes.

I would.  If you want to go cheap and stay in denial, cutting a pantyliner in half and sticking it to your bra will work too.

Hahaha I just wasn't sure if it is something that happens and then stops for a while or what. My mom told me it was too soon to lactate and I was like well.... Idk what you call this then.
  • Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited October 2015

skruhmin said:

I would.  If you want to go cheap and stay in denial, cutting a pantyliner in half and sticking it to your bra will work too.
    Hahaha I just wasn't sure if it is something that happens and then stops for a while or what. My mom told me it was too soon to lactate and I was like well.... Idk what you call this then.

I had a major leakage problem. Like overactive "letdown" reaction and it drove me crazy. I bought a pack of the reusable round pads (Walmart & Target carry them by the pumps) and I love them. They're cotton so they're soft and absorbant. I just wash and re-wear. :)
    Eta- my problem didn't start until after I started bfing though.