Infertility
Options

September / October IVF

Re: September / October IVF

• Options
    @laur2444 I grew up in Connecticut. I've been in Houston for a few years. I'm missing the fall. It's great to see all the BFP's.
  • Options
    @mclorn Happy Birthday!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HBamama2B yayayayay!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Stellar news!!!
  • Options
    Girls I have a confession to make, I took a pregnancy test this morning even though my beta isn't until Wednesday. But it was positive?! Is this a good sign? I didn't test out my trigger but it's been 13-14 days since I triggered, so I feel like maybe its is for real?
  • Options
    This is the pic
  • Options
    I didn't have a hcg trigger so idk how long it takes to exit the body....but I would say it should be out by now. That's so exciting! Good luck on your beta!!!
  • Options
    @poeface well done! You did it! The first night is always the hardest. (Actually, last night was pretty hard too!) Thanks for the congrats and stick with it! (see what I did there?... sorry) I love the idea of injection presents. Like ice cream over fresh apple pie. Or a manicure. Or massage. Or.... I could go on!

@christiniv nope! nope HPT, just Beta. I have literally never peed on a stick and seen a positive. I told DH i want to go buy one just to be able to yell Ha! at the evil piece of seemingly-eternal-disappointment-giving plastic. 

@mclorn happy birthday mamma! Best one yet I bet!! :)

@joyzie77 you're next Joy! I've got everything crossed for you and I'm just so hoping this is your month! What do you miss most about the fall? We are running up to vermont tomorrow to see some foliage, you want my to throw leaves? Drink cider? How can I help you live vicariously and enjoy?!

@knottie24173360 Brandy that is wonderful. I absolutely cried. How nice to have that video and see such strong heartbeats for your healthy little beans!!!

@athompson0308 Aw, thank you Amber! Wow. 0.o what a beautiful, joyful moment! so happy for you!

Symptoms:
    1 to 6dp5dt - Nada zip zilch zero. I felt completely infertile and dead certain it didn't work, got really sad 3 or 4dp5dt, just very morose. bbs were full but not sore
    7dp5dt - 1st noticed some faint veins on my upper chest and upper bbs. Could have been pio. Tired every day around 1-3, probably pio.
    8dp5dt - cramps! bad cramps! Hernia that developed after ER and went away at 2dp5dt returned. Tiny acne that looked like a rash on my chest and forehead. 
    9dp5dt - more cramps and a mild headache.
    Things I didn't/don't have: nausea, sensitive bbs/nip, excessive exhaustion (although i did fall asleep quickly)

That's all ladies. I'm a symptom stalker so i definitely get wanting a run down. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    @runmeg91 Meg I think triggers usually leave people in around 10 days so that looks pretty sure to me! If you test again you could see if it's getting darker (pregnant) or lighter (still trigger). But I think that looks great! Congrats!!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited October 2015
    I can handle how many great things happened in 2 days!!!!!

@HBamama2B : Tí so excited for you!!!!! You must be over the moon! You were so convinced that you weren't pregnant, it was probably the best surprise. Congrats to you and you hubby!! :D
    Where in the city are you? I'm from LI (Suffolk county)

@runmeg91: AHH, My kind of girl! I cant resist testing early. (No willpower here!)
    So happy it came out positive, Meg!!! 13 days post trigger- I think you're good!! Schedule a bet to be sure!!! Congratulations!

@Knottie24173360 : Brandy, TWINS?!? So happy for you!! That must have been a crazy and surreal moment. I can't wait to hear a heart beat, nevertheless TWO!
    Make many did you transfer? 1 and it split? or 2 and they don't know if 2 took or 1 split?
    Heart beats are so close :x Also, what was your initial BETA #? Gathering my research! Lol

@athompson0308 : congratukations, Amber!! Instant love when you see that little miracle! :x Cannot wait for that moment! You must have been filled with joy!
    Where upstate are you? I'm from LI.

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @Joyzie77 I'm from Southington...20 minutes south of Hartford....where did you grow up? Fall is definitely beautiful.....but I do miss it being 70 degrees out when i drive in for my 7am monitoring appointments!!! Hopefully it'll be over soon and I won't have to go to IVF....I'm on my 2ww for my third injectable IUI cycle with menopur. I have hypothalamic amenorrhea, probably do to the fact that I am a big runner :( you think you are doing something good for yourself and in fact you are doing more harm....it sucks lol
  • Options
    In all this joy, I'm slightly confused by my cycle- hoping you ladies may have an answer for me.

So as you know, I was supposed to start with all of you- but I was delayed due to cysts. When they discovered the cysts I had started a mini period. They put me back in BC and it went away. I have been on BC for 2 weeks and recently started spotting (2 days, here and there) Thought nothing of it.
    Well this morning I woke up with my cycle?!?
    So confused- I still have a 8 more BC pills before the placebo pill that causes my period....
    Anyone know why I would have gotten my period? My nurse is on vacation- my office is closed- so I called the main office that's open on weekends and a nurse should be calling me back... I'm kinda nurse though.
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited October 2015
    @Colleen0516 It's perfectly normal to have spotting and heavy flow while talking BC pills, especially in the first 3 months. Last time I started BC for protection purposes (ha! I want a refund by the way!!), I spotted A LOT in varying heaviness. I basically had a period for a month straight one month and spotting up to 5 months. Each BC pill can have a different effect, so don't put any weight on not having this happen if you took them in the past. I'm glad you called your nurse to make you feel better, but don't be nervous!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @runmeg91 I was so excited I dropped my computer! Congrats momma! That looks like a bona fide B.F.P. to me!!! So incredibly happy for you, Meg! Have you told your DH yet? Woohoo! I knew we would tear this cycle up!! 

@colleen0516 is it like full flow over several hours? I had a lot of (heavy) spotting on the OCPs 1 week prior to the placebos, but not full flow. It could also be the cysts passing? I had that with my first IUI and mistook it for IB because of the timing (about 1 week before AF). Since you had several cysts maybe its the follies rupturing and them leaving. I hope that's it and your next scan shows you are ready to become the mamma you are meant to be!!!! 

• Options
    Got the call- nothing wrong.. Totally normal!
    I can now stop worrying and resume my JOY for all of you!!! Can't wait to tell my husband all the good news I found out today!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @riveridgional hahah I know!! Don't you wish you could go back and NOT try so hard to NOT get pregnant. I used to be so paranoid, looking back it was a wasted emotion lol
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    Lol, so true! Why did no one ever tell us just how much has to go right to get knocked up? I wanted a baby so bad in high school that i wouldn't even make out with a boy, let alone get busy, b/c i was positive I would get pregnant. Oh the irony!
  • Options
    @colleen0516 I'm in Rochester
  • Options
    @colleen0516 Nice! We live in LIC
  • Options
    @runmeg91 congrats! How far are you today? Any symptoms?
  • Options
    @runmeg91 ! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! You're giving me hope. Was your ET last Saturday?
    Me: 33 | DH: 35
    DX: Dilated fallopian tubes 
    10/05: First IVF ET | Transferred 1 blast 
    Beta: October 19th | BFP!
  • Options
    Colleen0516  We transferred 2 fresh embryos with assisted hatching I have super super thick zona. My fist beta was apparently not as high as I was told it was 358 then my second beta 800-1000. it looks like we definitely had both embryos implant or we had a complete split of 1 embryo. There are two pre-amnio sacs :) 
    @christiniv nope! nope HPT, just Beta. I have literally never peed on a stick and seen a positive. I told DH i want to go buy one just to be able to yell Ha! at the evil piece of seemingly-eternal-disappointment-giving plastic. ( FYI this is why I tested early!!!!)
    1st IVF and Only....
    Me:30 DH:29 3/4 ( littles will be a great 30th prez)
    PCO w/o symptoms/DH crooked swimmers   
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Stim Aug 28-follistim started at 150u
    E2 Aug 31- 345- dropped dosage 100u
    US/BW Sept 1- 16 eggies E2 695-dropped dosage 75u
    BW Sept 2 E2 791 bounced up to 91.6u
    BW/US Sept 3 E2 1095 dropped back to 83u 20+ eggies 12mm-14mm range   
    BW/US Sept 4 E2 2050 same dose @83u 20+ eggies 14mm- 16mm range                                                                                   
    EGG Retrieval Day sept 8th 24 eggs 12 embies 
    EMBRYO Transfer Day 6 Embies 
    2 embies 8c grade 1 and 2 transfered with Assited Hatching due to Zona Factor
    BFP 8dp3dt :)
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
    Beta #2 850-1000 15dp3dt!!!
    October 9th- IT'S TWINS!!!
  • Options
    Yes my ET was last Saturday so I'm technically only 7dp5dt. I really didn't expect it to be positive, even a faint positive, but our blast was hatching when we did the transfer for maybe it implanted in the earlier side? I had some cramps and lower back pain for a day or 2 post transfer, but I didn't want to read too much into it. The one thing I did notice though was a couple days ago I started getting bloated again, kinda like I was pre and post egg retrieval. I read somewhere that the increase in hcg can do that. i also had some vivid dreams. Like one night I dreamt I was having a c section! But besides for that, nothing. Also my boobs are not sore at all and I have a pretty healthy appetite so no nausea.
  • Options
    @athompson0308 congrats on your BFP!!!

@mclorn HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Can we say best birthday in the history of birthdays!!!!

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    I had my transfer on monday! We transfered fresh. 1 blast and 1 just before blast stage! I dont have any symptoms! I triggered 12 days ago tomorrow! I will be 6dp5d transfer! I really am freaking out and want to make a hpt but i am not sure if its too early
  • Options
    @HBMama2B .... Take a few deep breaths of the fall air and eat a cider donut for me!! Maybe drive around and enjoy that foliage. I also miss wearing fall type clothing. Seems so silly!!!! Enjoy it for me. :)@laur2444 I grew up in Manchester. Not too far from you. I know, you think you are doing good for your body ... Which you are. :) how many more days do you have with your 2ww??? I hope you get a BFP!
  • Options
    What a crazy Friday! Congrats to all the babies and BFPs! I totally got choked up reading all these posts! I guess the hormones are finally getting to me!

I'm Caitlin in Texas btw

My husband and I went in for our 3 day transfer and found out all 7 of our embryos are still alive and doing well and were pushed to a day 5! I was so excited to hear the news and that there wouldn't have to be any tough decisions on whether to transfer today or wait and risk not having any on Monday. My nurse said 4 of my 7 were high quality so fingers crossed those 4 will at least be in good shape monday for an ET and to freeze for future siblings!
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @runmeg91 my bloating/hernia came back a bit too 7-8dp5dt! I read the same thing so oddly it was the hernia that gave me hope lol.

@ShayLatrice that is fantastic news! Grow grow grow little ones! It's funny you shoot, my whole family does too!

@Joyzie77 not silly at all! I couldn't wait to put on my comfy cozy fall sweater and boots this morning! DH bough a j crew thick wool cardigan this week and put in on this morning Bc he thinks it looks like a "dad" sweater. My heart melted. I will sweater, drive and doughnut for you!!
  • Options
    Joyzie77Joyzie77 member
    edited October 2015
    @caitiemae ... That's exciting!!!! Keep us posted. Where in Texas?
  • Options
    I'm in Houston as well!

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @ShayLatrice ... I wish I could go shooting. I'm stir crazy already but I'm staying put. Grow , grow, grow! Exciting news about the 3 fertilized eggs!
  • Options
    @caitiemae... nice. Do you go to a clinic downtown? That's where I started but now I go to one closer to where I live. Too much monitoring and the traffic was killing me.
  • Options
    I see Dr McKenzie at Houston IVF. Their location has been super convinient for me- i work just a couple of miles away so no traffic issues for me!

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    Congrats, @HBMama2B and @athompson0308! I'm so happy for you guys.

@runmeg91 that looks like a BFP to me! I believe it takes 10-12 days for the trigger to leave your body.

Happy birthday, @mclorn. What a wonderful birthday present!

Lots of BFPs this month. So happy for everyone. Hopefully, we'll have only good news for the rest of this month.

I'm still waiting for AF to show so I can start BCP.
  • Options
    ShayLatriceShayLatrice member
    edited October 2015
    I don't know if I should be scared or happy... I mean I only had 6 retrieved so the fact that half fertilized is good... I guess? But now... they have to make it til day 5...and I know day 4 is energetically the hardest day for them...Embryologist said I wont' here from her again until Tuesday or Wednesday. BUT TODAY IS ONLY SATURDAY!!!!! I'm really ready for it to be Wednesday already...geez! The positive in that is... if I don't here from her until Wednesday that is a good sign... :-t

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    @Joyzie77 I went to UCONN for undergrad and pharmacy school, so I'm familiar with your neck of the woods! I'm 6 days post trigger shot now.....my clinic just had you home test 18 days post trigger then go in for beta accordingly....last 2 rounds I never even got to HPT I got AF at about 14 days each cycle :( I wish you so much luck!!!!!
  • Options
    @Knottie24173360 how many did you transfer??? I couldn't remember
  • Options
    tatkat54 2 Beautiful embies on day 3 :) we had a 3% chance of twins I guess they liked it there......lol
    1st IVF and Only....
    Me:30 DH:29 3/4 ( littles will be a great 30th prez)
    PCO w/o symptoms/DH crooked swimmers   
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Stim Aug 28-follistim started at 150u
    E2 Aug 31- 345- dropped dosage 100u
    US/BW Sept 1- 16 eggies E2 695-dropped dosage 75u
    BW Sept 2 E2 791 bounced up to 91.6u
    BW/US Sept 3 E2 1095 dropped back to 83u 20+ eggies 12mm-14mm range   
    BW/US Sept 4 E2 2050 same dose @83u 20+ eggies 14mm- 16mm range                                                                                   
    EGG Retrieval Day sept 8th 24 eggs 12 embies 
    EMBRYO Transfer Day 6 Embies 
    2 embies 8c grade 1 and 2 transfered with Assited Hatching due to Zona Factor
    BFP 8dp3dt :)
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
    Beta #2 850-1000 15dp3dt!!!
    October 9th- IT'S TWINS!!!