Infertility
Options

September / October IVF

Re: September / October IVF

• Options
    @laur2444 ... I hope this cycle is your lucky cycle. :)
  • Options
    @caitiemae .. I'm at Houston Fertility Institute. It's close to my home so it works. I will be thinking of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited October 2015
    @ShayLatrice ours said they only gave a day 5 update too, but our IVF coordinator tipped us off that they include day 3 check in notes. If you call, a nurse will tell you the day 3 results but they don't call out proactively... Not sure if it's the same at your clinic, but if you need to know.... ;)

I couldn't wait. I'm impatient. #blameitonPIO
  • Options
    @HBamama2B I'll probably call Monday because that is day 3 and because I can't stop thinking bout it.

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    So, my transfer was yesterday. I know I'm supposed to lay low. Is getting a pedicure laying low? I was going to go out tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 i think thats fine! I was only supposed to lay the day of the transfer and take it easy the days after and no havi g lifting until beta! Whatever gou need to relax you should do it! If thats a pedi- do it!
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 My doc said relax the day of and I can go back to normal routine after that. The embryo is in there once it's in there. I sat down as much as possible for my own piece of mind but it's not necessary. Congrats on the transfer btw!!!
  • Options
    So much positivity today! Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I have yucky cramps! I can't stop thinking if there is 1 or 2 in there! Beta over 750 at 10dp6dt is definitely solid...we'll see where I am at on Monday! @Knottie24173360 hope to follow your lead!! @ShayLatrice you seriously crack me up. Shoot away!! And fx for a healthy 5 day transfer! @Joyzie77 enjoy that mani pedi! @HBamama2B bahahhahha dad sweater! @Christiniv people definitely get positives that early....but it may take a few more days!!! Fx! @Rachd110 I hope you get to get started asap! @runmeg91 I had such vivid dreams also!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @mclorn I have strong cramps too on and off today. They are disconcerting, I think all is well in there tho. :) and my bet for you is two too!!!

Ps: right now I'm bumping from a guest room in my folks house while they are in another state, sitting on ice with PIO hopefully heating in my bra cup due to a forgotten heaty pad, while DH is downstairs entertaining our dinner guests and will shortly be up to jab me in my hopefully numb rear. He enters the room and asks: "Hun, is your thing hot?" I think, I wish! .... And that's IF folks.

.... DH: "where'd you put the PIO?" O.0
  • Options
    @HBamama2B LOL! I didn't realize we are supposed to beat up PIO before injecting. I'll have to remember that.
  • Options
    A pedicure it is! I just got PIO'ed by hubby. I so done with it, lol.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies!
    Brittany from NYC, here. This is my first ivf cycle. Tonight I had my second shot, and I sure wish someone would have let me know it was going to feel like fire ants biting my insides. Other than... that piece of cake.

I also wanted to say, I am absolutely amazed by all the support here in this group! It's such a beautiful thing. Congrats to all the BFPs and lots of sticky baby dust to everyone else!
  • Options
    @BriiFigueroa welcome and GL. By the way, the Menopur stings like a b*tch! ;)
  • Options
    @HBamama2B Bahahahha I love your stories! Cramps have been better for a few hours. This is still unreal!
    @Rachd110 I don't heat pio but it would definitely thin it a bit and help it go In!
    @Joyzie77 seriously the stuff we put up with! I think regular pedicures are very deserved for a while here!
    @BriiFigueroa hi! This group is totally amazing! Welcome and yes for me menupor was the worst too! Although PIO is really becoming a pain in my a$$.
  • Options
    @HBamama2B @mclorn Thank you. I just found out that I shouldn't be injecting the follistim directly from the fridge. Im going to leave it out before to see if that helps.

I'm not looking forward to the menupor, but it will be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    Did anyone track their BBT from ER on? Is that even relevant since we're taking PIO? The last two mornings (5dp5dt and 6dp5dt) I've woken up very warm. The type of warm you feel after ovulation. I had night sweats last night even though it's chilly in our bedroom. I shouldn't read into this, right?
    Me: 33 | DH: 35
    DX: Dilated fallopian tubes 
    10/05: First IVF ET | Transferred 1 blast 
    Beta: October 19th | BFP!
  • Options
    @LCK0830 the last two nights have been the same for me 6 and 7dp5dt. Sweat the bed both nights. Feeling really bummed last few days. Certain it's not my cycle. I haven't been temping.
  • Options
    @LCK0830 I wasn't tracking but I noticed I felt warmer starting 3 days after my transfer. I checked because I wanted to be sure I didn't have a fever and it was about a degree higher than usual...and I have been sweating have to my sheets. So gross! Lol I don't think it was the PIO because I was on it for 7 days before my transfer and those were new symptoms after the baby implanted. Sounds like a good sign!
  • Options
    @LCK0830 @jav5y2 I actually did temp even though I was sure it wouldn't be accurate because of the progesterone. My temp really wasn't much higher, maybe .1 or .2 at most, than other cycles. That is one of the reasons why I thought it didn't work. But I took another pregnancy test today, 15 days post trigger, and it's definitely just as dark if not darker
  • Options
    You're pregnant! Ahhh how exciting! I feel like we had similar cycles so when I saw your news yesterday it gave me so much hope. @runmeg91

I didn't track my BBT (now I wish I had) but typically my temp is around 97.6. I did lots of temping pre IVF and could always tell when I had ovulated bc I'd feel much warmer. The last two mornings it's been 98.5.
  • Options
    I have the same doubts @jav5y2 Every time they pop into my head (which feels like every minute of every day) I try to push them away and remind myself that the doctors are happy with my blast, that my lining is where it needs to be, that I've been taking my meds as prescribed... This is much more of an emotional rollercoaster than I ever imagined it would be but I'm trying so hard to remain hopeful. We'll get there. I really believe that.
  • Options
    @LCK0830 @jav5y2 I haven't tempted either but I also woke up hot a lot after transfer...also wondered if I had a fever but didn't overthink it I guess. You're right, at this point the dye is cast and we have all done the best we can.... Hard that it is out of our control now.... Sending relaxing vibes your way xoxoxo
    @runmeg91 congrats! Marvelous!
  • Options
    @LCK0830 and @jav5y2 I didn't remember it until your posts but DH reminded me I woke hot several days and thought I was getting sick. I took my temp at one point Bc of it but it was normal. :) I think this is a good thing since @mclorn and @athompson0308 also had it.

• Options
    @runmeg91 been thinking about you all day! Just so happy for you!! :D
  • Options
    @runmeg91 CONGRATS on your BFP!!! A lot of those going around so I hope  it continues!!

I'm sitting her going stir crazy... it's only 2 days past my ER and I'm wondering what is going on with my eggs!! Are they still growing? My husband asked me to make him some eggs this morning and I looked at him like he had asked me to commit genocide or something...No one is eating eggs in my house til we get to DAY 5!!! 

2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining

10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!

• Options
    Hahaha! I look at eggs in a whole new light now too. Did you get an update yesterday? Sorry if you posted it and I missed it. I was out hiking yesterday. Something about being outside in the woods, especially in Autumn, clears my head and relaxes me.
  • Options
    Thank you girls! I'm still a little worried that it could still be the trigger since I know the test I used was very sensitive. But I did a little bit
    More research and it looks like 14 days is the max for how long the hcg trigger could still be in my system. So I tested again today since technically yesterday was day 14. I just hope I'm not getting excited prematurely! I've been pretty good about being cautiously optimistic about it but DH is so excited it's hard to not get excited with him! Thankfully my beta is less than 3 days away now!
  • Options
    @LCK0830 Nope, no update at all. they called on Saturday to tell me how many fertilized, but she said I wouldn't hear from her again til WEDNESDAY! With me having so few eggs retrieved I'm really concerned... I hope I have some left at day 5 to freeze until she can address these fibroids. Looks like I won't even be ready transfer til November....

• Options
    @runmeg91 I took a HPT 2 days after trigger and got a negative. I think it would be out of your system by now.

@ShayLatrice I know how you feel. I hate waiting so much. I must be the most impatient person in the world.
  • Options
    @ShayLatrice that is such a long time to wait! Without thinking about it a few months ago I asked my husband how he wanted his eggs, and he said 'hatched and fertilized, please!'.
    @runmeg91 ;). So fun when the DH gets excited!
    @LCK0830 the weather this weekend is perfect. Beautiful fall day- we all needed this fresh air!!
  • Options
    athompson0308athompson0308 member
    edited October 2015
    @ShayLatrice I called every other day to check on our embies. Lol
  • Options
    @mclorn that is sooo cute and funny!

@athompson0308 I'm tempted....but DH is telling me to be patient.

• Options
    How am I going to make the 2ww? The doc says that she can test at 10 days... So, technically a 10 day wait. Time is moving slow. Lol.
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 ~X( gah! I'm waiting for you too!! What day is your beta again?
  • Options
    They haven't given me a day. They told me to follow up in a week for bloodwork which would be the 16th. If the doctor was sure about 10 days then they should know on the 19th! I'm not sure though because after the ER the nurse said two weeks. I prefer to go with what the doctor said. :)
  • Options
    How are you doing @HBMama2B ????
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Lol. Funny you should ask, Joy!

Janky ~

DH and I made a plan to have a lovely dinner out after foliage peeping in Vermont. Small IFer problem--only reservation we could get at Simon Pearce was 8:45. This was problematic as we would be 2 hrs from where we were staying and, well you know, PIO.

So we hatched a plan. DH picked up instant ice and heat packs and packed up the meds. I'll just lie in the back seat chillin' and he'll stick me, then off to dinner! We were quite proud of our plan...

Well, here it is at 7:30 an DH is beating the car with a reluctant instant ice pack, the PIO is tucked in the driver seat as close against the seat heater as I could get it, and I'm in the back canted sideways Bc the seats aren't flat with seat belts digging into one side and my dog investigating the smelly slightly cooler then air temp chemical pack on the other half of my soon to be sorry bum. "How are you Hun? Frosty?" "No! Not any where close to ice queen. I'm shaking it!" I said as I vigorously shake the second recalcitrant pack and my tush.

Now this is not what I would call a sterile field... With my bare cheek perked up to the dark and hopefully out of site of other dinner goers. But we trudge on because, infertility made us freaking soldiers!

Now we investigated the lack of family bathrooms and discussed my complete inability to inject myself in advance. The assorted ice/heating accoutrement, we learned from last night's dinner party fiasco, is a must. Apparently without ice and heat I get a giant leach-like bruise and solid knot of PIO the next day...

But back to the needle. "Oh sweetie this looks terrible on your butt." DH says to my bruised but better looking left cheek. (The lumpy right one gets a break today.) DH crouches awkwardly in the foot area of the back seat and leans over me, needle confidently at the ready despite our cramped quarters. (After two weeks, DH is surgical with his 1.5" rapier.) The injection when it comes doesn't hurt despite the luke warm PIO, slightly cool cheek, and awkward vantage. Dear dog watches on dubiously. The seediness of the faint overhead light glints off the sharps case, but thankfully it's over.

DH turns the light off for my post-pinch rub and I crane my neck to enjoy the Vermont stars through the car window. What a beautiful, clear night, I think as I hum along with the radio, "YEAH, PIIIIOOOO MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF!"
  • Options
    @HBamama2B Bahahahha not exactly how we expect to take our clothes off in the back seat!!!! What has happened to us!!

My problem is that I am out of needles! And my shipment doesn't come until Tuesday! Why would they not supply you with the right count?! So for the past two days we have been improvising using the same 'looking' needle however thinner and it is so hard to inject! And DH is traveling tonight through Wednesday for work! I am on my own! Ahh! I'm hoping my clinic has a few I can yoink tomorrow to tide me over!

@Knottie24173360 yes! Let's definitely keep a board going for us going through pregnancy together! So crazy cool!!
  • Options
    That was perfect timing after my PIO injection! A much needed smile! Thank you fellow IVF warrior!! Lol!