March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Options
    @smushi naw- same shit different day. Every morning from 9ish-noonish and from 6:30-9:30/10 at night I get the same steady flow of hard contractions that get stronger and closer together but never get closer than 6 minutes before they stop.  

Today is DH's post-op appointment then we are going to target to return a baby shower gift. Then I may hit Bed Bath & Beyond for a salt lamp. Then if I can convince DH I want to go to the mall, just to walk. I want to somehow get my contractions to stick around. I am sick of this laboring for hours with no end in sight. 
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry there has been no progress @charley15. It must be so frustrating. I'm assuming you are at weekly appointments with your doc. Does he have a plan if this goes on for more than another week or so?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think they're not planning to do anything as far as interventions go until she's 39 weeks minimum, as long as baby isn't in distress.
  • Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited February 2016
    "Some women can experience prodromal labor that lasts anywhere from a few days through to a month or more.

Although there are no absolutely proven causes of prodromal labor, these things may lead to an extended labor and possibly, prodromal labor.

• A baby that is malpositioned.
    • A mother that is stressed or tired.
    • Uneven or twisted pelvis.

How can I change prodromal labor into active labor?

Although there are no guarantees, you can try and address the most common issues associated with prolonged labor.

• Do exercises, such as those listed onspinningbabies, to help baby get into a different position.
    • Do exercises to open up the pelvis and help it untwist and sit evenly. You can do exercises at home, or see a chiropractor or trained massage professional to help with this.

The good news

Yes, there is some good news! Anecdotally speaking, women who experience extended prodromal labor have very fast active labors, once things really get going. So there’s much less chance you’ll be stuck in a hospital for 18 hours once real labor kicks into gear."

https://trimestertalk.com/prodromal-labor-long-last/
  • Options
    @kitteh81 you are right- they won't do anything until 39 weeks, and I doubt even then. My bp is controlled with rest- I just have a hard time with that. Baby is absolutely fine - it's mama that's not lol. Baby can stay in its just upsetting to see my body go in and out of labor like this!

• Options
    @charley15 I'm sorry sweetheart. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    this is me as well - my second had an apnic episode that she wouldn't have survived if i hadn't been right there and started CPR; hence why i really want one of those monitors ... i don't think i will ever be able to shake that memory. one of the scariest moments of myine and DH's lives
    I would have died! That's terrifying!
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited February 2016

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kitteh81 how? For the love of God tell me how!!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    smushi said:
    Nothing like losing your mucus plug to increase your productivity (1000x).

Eeekkkkk!!! When is your DD?

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    smushi said:
    Nothing like losing your mucus plug to increase your productivity (1000x).

Eeekkkkk!!! When is your DD?

Not til March 6 but they can come out and not really be an indicator of labor being imminent, but it sure got my motor going lol.  I lost it at 28 weeks too with the preterm labor, so I'm guessing this was the regenerated version (not as yucky, but still as pluggy). 
  • Options
    diablesse said:
    Soooo.....thank god I have the world's most active baby. At my 38wk check up today, the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat for a really long time even after switching monitors.  Thank god baby was visibly moving and stretching the entire time otherwise we both would have been panicking. Dr was a little in shock. 
    Glad baby is ok!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's official- I'm going to be pregnant forever... :cry: 

• Options
    charley15 said:
    It certainly feels that way when you went early with the first.

i was certain I would have had this one by now but it would be poetic to go over 40 weeks.  Poetic and miserable lol
  • Options
    I am beyond miserable. I couldn't even go shopping again today. I had to send my husband, when I was looking forward to picking out some hair dye and fixing my hair one more time...

If I go over I'm blaming my doctor- after all he's the one who said "knowing your luck you'll go to 42 weeks..." 

• Options
    Ugh. I feel your pain. I thought for sure I'd be done by now. I had already had my son by this time with his pregnancy.

I recently told my husband to pretend he's a single dad. I even made him stay home today to be with our son (our one nanny free day), because I decided I'm just going to take the day off from life. I'm just so miserable. 

At least I have a hard end date with a scheduled c-section.  I can't imagine just touching this out indefinitely. 
  • Options
    smushi said:
    charley15 said:
    It certainly feels that way when you went early with the first.

i was certain I would have had this one by now but it would be poetic to go over 40 weeks.  Poetic and miserable lol
    That's how I felt with my second. I had irritable uterus from 18 on and went 3 days over with him. It lasted for.ev.er.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited February 2016
    Hang in there @charley15 you've got this!! You too @skruhmin with your crazy labors
  • Options
    I was hoping I would escape this pregnancy without seeing the ugly symptom "nightly heartburn so bad you pee and barf at the same time".

I'm sad to report that in no longer the case. 
  • Options
    smushi said:
    I was hoping I would escape this pregnancy without seeing the ugly symptom "nightly heartburn so bad you pee and barf at the same time".

Okay even pre-pregnancy I always had this fear of needing to be sitting on the toilet and then needing to throw up all at once, mainly when I was sick or ate something that really didn't sit well. Not sure why but it's always been a concern of mine, lol. Sorry that you had heartburn that bad though :( 

My issue tonight is idk if I ate something that my stomach isn't liking or what, but I've made at least three bathroom runs for #2...so if the whole "flu-like symptoms" or "loose stools" things are actual signs of labor, could be soon for me! Otherwise I'm starting to think I've become lactose intolerant the past couple days or so  :s
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Yep- thanks to my new yoga ball...I've definitely lost more of my plug now. Hmm... maybe bouncing on it more tomorrow will get my water to break!? 

• Options
    CecilB93 said:
    smushi said:

Okay even pre-pregnancy I always had this fear of needing to be sitting on the toilet and then needing to throw up all at once, mainly when I was sick or ate something that really didn't sit well. Not sure why but it's always been a concern of mine, lol. Sorry that you had heartburn that bad though :( 

My issue tonight is idk if I ate something that my stomach isn't liking or what, but I've made at least three bathroom runs for #2...so if the whole "flu-like symptoms" or "loose stools" things are actual signs of labor, could be soon for me! Otherwise I'm starting to think I've become lactose intolerant the past couple days or so  :s
    I've been that kind of sick before with food poisoning where you need the toilet and the trash can at the same time.  It's the worst sort of hell.

TMI but I have definitely had the loose stool episodes with each labor start.  With my DS, it was three quick rounds of upset tummy and then the labor started in big time within the hour.  With my preterm scare for this one, it was the same, but much much faster.  I figure it'll be a pretty good precursor sign for when real labor starts for this one, since I've been so constipated lately.  Blegh.  Is my pregnancy glow showing yet?

I hope for you it means your squish will arrive soon!!!  I've had 3 friends have their babies in rapid succession this week, and I'm just loving seeing all of the new BMB babies arrive as well!
  • Options
    charley15 said:
    Yep- thanks to my new yoga ball...I've definitely lost more of my plug now. Hmm... maybe bouncing on it more tomorrow will get my water to break!? 
    I was down to contractions every 3 minutes for an hour tonight and eagerly jumped on my ball and they stopped.  :s
    I almost stick a pin in it. 

• Options
    I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday. It's 4am here and I still have not been able to sleep... been up 20 hours now. Heartburn, upset stomach, coughing, gagging/vomiting, diarrhea, bh, back pain... did I mention the heartburn? So feel like the heartburn is causing the vomiting. I feel in the dumps tonight, like I'm all alone. I made dh get up for a bit with me cause I didn't want to be alone in my misery. At this point, I'm just over it all. I see my doctor in about 6 hours and if I thought it would work I'd ask her to just do the c-section now: horrible I know, and once this feeling fades a bit I will be glad that she wouldn't do it, but right now I just cant. I haven't been able to sleep more than 5 hours max in 15 weeks. Even with unisom I am up and down all night and can't sleep when I do go to bed. I wanna sleep on my back again, to eat a piece of pizza without worrying about heartburn, to drink a glass of pepsi (preferably with vanilla snops). Ugh, sorry for the long wine. 
  • Options
    @red3yeSo many hugs, lady.  I hope you get some relief soon. 
  • Options
    bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited February 2016
    @KJKNAJ Holy crap your daughters are all gorgeous!!!  Congratulations on your alphabet!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    The real struggle is being so thirsty at night and knowing you'll have to pee endlessly. 
    YES THIS UGH

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    katelin318katelin318 member
    edited February 2016
    Been promising myself that if I make it through the week (literally, as in - if I don't go into labor, and figuratively, as in - if I can drag my giant 38 weeks pregnant self around without having a meltdown) I will treat myself to a mani/pedi after work today.  2 hours to go.  Could not be more excited.