March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• red3ye said:
    I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday. It's 4am here and I still have not been able to sleep... been up 20 hours now. Heartburn, upset stomach, coughing, gagging/vomiting, diarrhea, bh, back pain... did I mention the heartburn? So feel like the heartburn is causing the vomiting. I feel in the dumps tonight, like I'm all alone. I made dh get up for a bit with me cause I didn't want to be alone in my misery. At this point, I'm just over it all. I see my doctor in about 6 hours and if I thought it would work I'd ask her to just do the c-section now: horrible I know, and once this feeling fades a bit I will be glad that she wouldn't do it, but right now I just cant. I haven't been able to sleep more than 5 hours max in 15 weeks. Even with unisom I am up and down all night and can't sleep when I do go to bed. I wanna sleep on my back again, to eat a piece of pizza without worrying about heartburn, to drink a glass of pepsi (preferably with vanilla snops). Ugh, sorry for the long wine. 
    I really, really feel for you. With my son, at around 34 weeks, there was a stretch where I didn't sleep at all for three days. No exaggeration. I could catch a couple minutes here or there, but they were very few and fleeting. I was a haggard, crying, hysterical mess towards the end. And yes, it was all heartburn and acid reflux.  For the remainder of the pregnancy, I just resorted to sleeping in a recliner and taking what little bits I could. I could never sleep more than an hour or two at a time towards the end. Luckily I could work only when I felt like it and at home.  Otherwise I might have legitimately gone crazy. Thank goodness he came at 38 wks!

Im getting acid reflux with this pregnancy too (hence why I'm up posting), but it's nowhere near the agony of last time. 
  • The real struggle is being so thirsty at night and knowing you'll have to pee endlessly. 
    YES THIS UGH
    Every night I get settled in bed with all my pillows then realize I am so desperately thirsty that there is no way I can go to sleep without a drink. You think I'd be smart enough to get water before getting into bed, but nooooooo.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited February 2016
    trying to gif 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk are you trying to gif on a mobile? I have to save the gif to my phone and then upload it or it doesn't work when I'm mobile

• kitteh81 said:
    @ecwk are you trying to gif on a mobile? I have to save the gif to my phone and then upload it or it doesn't work when I'm mobile

Ok I'll have to try figure out how to do that instead! Thank you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This baby feels like she's about to fall right out of me.  I've gotten used to the fitful, tossing and turning, can't-get-comfortable sleep over the past few weeks, but last night it literally felt like every little move she made was just grinding her head into my pelvis.  My doctor has remarked about how low the baby's head is at both of my last appointments, and I'm 70+% effaced.  DD March 3rd, but hoping this all means she comes soon.  Never thought I'd say it, but this pregnancy has officially defeated me.
  • I am also having trouble sleeping. LO tends to be the most active around 11ish when I really want to sleep, and then again around 2-3am.  DD has also decided that she really doesn't want in her own room.  I'm ok with her sleeping in our bed but she would get SOOOOOO close to me that literally she is turning her head in my head (if you know what I mean), but she doesn't want to sleep on my pillow which means mommy sleeps with no pillow until she is deep asleep so I can move her away from me and bring my pillow back. I literally have no room in bed because she is so close to me, plus the sore back/neck and LO's constant movement... I really can't wait until my mat leave in two weeks so I can take naps during the day while DD is at daycare. 
  • smushi said:
    So I'm eating a pineapple milkshake from Sonic.  It's a valid way to induce labor, right?  ;)
    You put a couple tablespoons of castor oil in there, right?

Barf in the potty lol
  • smushi said:
    So I'm eating a pineapple milkshake from Sonic.  It's a valid way to induce labor, right?  ;)
    Omg, is that a real thing? That would get me barfing without the castor oil. Gross. I can't handle fruit flavored milkshakes/ice cream.
  • diablesse said:
    smushi said:
    Omg, is that a real thing? That would get me barfing without the castor oil. Gross. I can't handle fruit flavored milkshakes/ice cream.

Funny enough I don't like fruit flavored milkshakes either.  But for some reason last night, it just sounded perfect.  Although I will say, early in both of my pregnancies, the only thing that helped me with morning sickness was fruit sorbet (particularly raspberry).
  • smushi said:
    diablesse said:
    smushi said:

Funny enough I don't like fruit flavored milkshakes either.  But for some reason last night, it just sounded perfect.  Although I will say, early in both of my pregnancies, the only thing that helped me with morning sickness was fruit sorbet (particularly raspberry).
    Mmmm, I love raspberry :) now I really want some raspberry sorbet! Ugh!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• raspberry sorbet is MY FAAAAAVE (especially with anise pizzelles)! funny thing is i absolutely *hated* raspberry anything until preggy with #1

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • now i need sorbet and pizzelles ...

Autism mama! 
  • Fruit sorbet sounds heavenly,  but I agree with @diablesse that fruity ice cream or milkshakes sound gross to me. For those I need chocolate, peanut butter,  or carmel. Possibly all three at the same time. 
  • Someone posted a chocolate banana martini on Facebook and I was like ohhhh man I want that. She told me I should try the chocolate banana shake from Sonic so now I need that
  • I just want some relief.  Hours of off and on labor over here this week.  Lots of back pain radiating. 

All that sounds like wah wah wah for real.  But it just sucks because my dog died this weekend, and living in pain and heartbreak is killing me.  I need to meet this lil squish already.
  • smushi said:
    I just want some relief.  Hours of off and on labor over here this week.  Lots of back pain radiating. 

All that sounds like wah wah wah for real.  But it just sucks because my dog died this weekend, and living in pain and heartbreak is killing me.  I need to meet this lil squish already.
    *hugs*
  • @smushi I'm sorry  :'( losing a pet is never easy, I can't imagine how it feels with the extra hormones though. 

Received a text from sonic today saying 1/2 price small and medium blasts, so of course I convince DH to go for ice cream after dinner :) turtle pecan blast for me! Though it's not the same with regular caramel instead of the salted caramel it was originally...still worth it though :)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @smushi I am so sorry hun, best of healing wishes to you 
  • @smushi I'm so, so sorry. I can't even imagine what that feels like in our present conditions. I lost one of my dogs just over a year ago and it still hurts. Big hugs. 
  • @smushi so sorry to hear that!  Hugs and hope you start feeling a bit better too!
  • Thank you so much ladies... We did a lot of our crying leading up to it and then that day and the next, so otherwise I've been ok, but I keep getting bouts of sadness and I'm quite certain the term ugly cry was created because of me.  Or my husband.  Man, now that is a sad sight.
  • @smushi so sorry, and sending hugs.  I feel like I'm more emotional now than I've been the whole pregnancy.  Just an exhausted raw nerve of a human being.  Yesterday our dog was having a problem with his paw and it was bleeding and I almost lost it.  I think he's going to be fine, but the "what if" just got to me.  39 weeks today and it's my last day in the office.  Taking a vacation day tomorrow and working from home starting on Monday.  Weird to think this is the last time I'll be here for at least 4 months (or ever if I decide to be a SAHM, which we're still on the fence about), but I am so ready to be done with my 1 hour+ commute on the subway for a while!  
  • CecilB93 said:
    smushi said:
    I was hoping I would escape this pregnancy without seeing the ugly symptom "nightly heartburn so bad you pee and barf at the same time".

I'm sad to report that in no longer the case. 
    Okay even pre-pregnancy I always had this fear of needing to be sitting on the toilet and then needing to throw up all at once, mainly when I was sick or ate something that really didn't sit well. Not sure why but it's always been a concern of mine, lol. Sorry that you had heartburn that bad though :( 

My issue tonight is idk if I ate something that my stomach isn't liking or what, but I've made at least three bathroom runs for #2...so if the whole "flu-like symptoms" or "loose stools" things are actual signs of labor, could be soon for me! Otherwise I'm starting to think I've become lactose intolerant the past couple days or so  :s
    Last week I puked while on the toilet. I had horrible cramping. OB told me to come to the hospital, where my bloody water broke, contractions were 2 min apart, and within 2 hours I had an emergency cesarean. I'll never be able to sit in my bathroom again without thinking about that. 
  • @smushi I'm so sorry for your loss. <3
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @{{HUGS}} @smushi <3 i am so very sorry :(
    also praying you find some relief from those contractions

Autism mama! 
  • @smushi so sorry!! Hugs to you, that's not easy :disappointed: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry @smushi losing a pet is terrible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Well, spoke too soon re: my pup.  DH just told me that although his paw is no longer bleeding today, he is now limping on it, which he wasn't doing before. DH is going to try to bandage it in case it's just a cut that's trying to heal, so it won't have direct contact with the ground, but I have a hard time imagining that pup will not just chew off the bandage.  If it's still a problem tomorrow we'll take him to the vet, but I am so stressed about it :(
  • @katelin318 Oh that's tough!  Our vet has done a wrap with 'no chew bandaging' before which works well (I think it has a sour taste).  Did he cut his paw pad?  Those always bleed so much.  That and toenails.  And ears, apparently, are very vascular too lol
  • @smushi We went ahead and made a vet appointment for tomorrow, so maybe we can ask about the no chew bandaging.  He's just very fixated on his paws as it is (licks them a lot due to some mild skin allergies) so I have trouble imagining anything that would work.  We can't actually see any cut on his paw pad, but it could be small.  He did have some toenail bleeding when we first got him, but that was over 4 years ago.  I'm more worried that there is a piece of glass or something small that we can't see stuck in there that is hurting him.  We'll know more tomorrow, but thank you for the suggestions!
  • @smushi We went ahead and made a vet appointment for tomorrow, so maybe we can ask about the no chew bandaging.  He's just very fixated on his paws as it is (licks them a lot due to some mild skin allergies) so I have trouble imagining anything that would work.  We can't actually see any cut on his paw pad, but it could be small.  He did have some toenail bleeding when we first got him, but that was over 4 years ago.  I'm more worried that there is a piece of glass or something small that we can't see stuck in there that is hurting him.  We'll know more tomorrow, but thank you for the suggestions!

He definitely could have split it and you just can't see where.  Ours did that a lot in winter.  Do you have an Elizabethan collar lying around?  That would help. 

Have you considered switching foods if he's licking his legs from allergies?  Our golden mix does that when we hit a food or protein that bothers her.