Infertility
Options

August IUI's

Re: August IUI's

• Options
    Quick question for you ladies...

Do you recommend going back to work after IUI or taking off and relaxing for the day?
  • Options
    Hi ladies...it's a BFN for me :((... Next cycle will be used for Salien US to test for Fibroids...anyone out there familiar with that or had surgery to remove?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hbamama2b oh no!! But you can also experience twinges and pain during implantation. So maybe it's that!
    Don't count yourself out yet! You don't know what's happening inside your body... Positive thoughts!

@kidshrink I love reading your updates. I have so many questions for my acupuncturist!!! Lol I go tomorrow at 2:30
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @lilmissslp: no, they really don't get it! I was so frustrated with all the wait I had throughout my journey!

@Rachd110: I went straight to work after. I didn't have any cramps or anything, so I felt fine. Some people experience more pain though.

@Navarro1126: I've had a sono during my investigative cycle. Not pleasant, but I've seen worse. I've had a hysteroscopy (same procedure as for polyps), but to correct the shape of my uterus. The correcting led to quite a bit of bleeding, but not a massive amount of pain. Not sure how that might be different for those who had fibroids.
  • Options
    *BFP mentioned* It's been a few days since I've checked this board, but just wanted to give an update.... I got a BFP yesterday! It was 12dpiui and I got another one this morning on a CB digital. I'm still cautious because I'm getting cramps on and off, but the nurse had told me a week ago that cramps are a side effect of crinone gel. I went in for bloodworm this morning and will go back on Friday to see if my hcg level has doubled like they expect it too. The nurse was not very "cheerful" when I talked to her on the phone. She just said that they encourage all patients to be "cautiously excited" because anything can happen at this point since it's so early. What a downer!
  • Options
    @jlynn330: Congrats!!! And sorry your nurse is such a debbie downer!
  • Options
    @Jlynn330 that's awesome.  I'm taking that information as good news- think positive thoughts and don't worry about nurse.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    @Rachd110
    I've been fine to go back to work afterwards.  However, I always feel a little emotional, and would like to take the day off.  When I can, I at least go home and nap on the couch for an hour before heading back to the office.

Physically, you may only have very mild cramps.  Emotionally, self care can be nice. :)
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @jlynn330 congratulations!!! So excited for you!!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    @jlynn330 congrats and hooray! Boo on the nurse! So excited for you and your DH. <:-P

@rachd110 after IUI 1 I went immediately to work with no issues, after IUI 2 on a Saturday o went home and was glad bc I did have quite a bit of cramping (dr tappity tap tapped the side of my uterus and it was unhappy). I could have easily worked through it tho if I'd had to. My preference is to save my pto for either IVF or if we are lucky, maternity leave. Definitely do what feels most comfortable to you!
  • Options
    @colleen0516 that's what I though last month, that it could have been really early implantation bleed. But this month the pain was distinctly on both sides, not the middle and the temp rise indicates my 3 follies exploded much later than they should have. ^#(^
  • Options
    @HBamama2B: you've had a trigger, right? Couldnit be that your follies were still a little on the small side? Or is there any other explanation for that? I hope the natural BD works for you for this month. Would you definitely be moving on to IVF if this month is a bust? Or can they give you a double dose of trigger or something?
  • Options
    oH no! I just tested the hcg 5dpiui and it was negative. I did it as a control thing for testing up until a negative. Now I am just so bummed that the hcg that is supposed to be in my body for 2 weeks isn't! What is wrong with me!
  • Options
    @roosh1982: I've seen up to that, but it really all depends on how quickly your body metabolizes it. Not necessarily a bad thing! From now on any positive is a real one :)
  • Options
    jdl330jdl330 member
    edited August 2015
    @rachd110 I would take the day off and go do something for yourself afterwards (like a mani pedi??) @colleen0516 and @hbamama2b thank you!
  • Options
    @kidshrink I had the trigger Friday, IUI Saturday. Follies were 19 and 20 on right and 20 on left so all very good size. Just seems like ovidrel takes longer (4 days) to work for me.

But yeah, even if it had been timed it right we only had a small chance of the IUI working given DH low morph (dr said <10%). It's bc of that and insurance reasons that we are switching to IVF next cycle.
  • Options
    I usually end up working from home the day of iui but I can totally go in.
  • Options
    I just want to say to all of you that this board is been really helpful, this in fertility is really lonely unless you're going through it, and as wonderful as my husband is he's a man and thinks it's all gonna work out, which I really do too. It's just all this waiting really gets you down you all are warriors
  • Options
    @hbamama2b I'm sorry! Well if that is the case, sperm can live up to 5 days in your body! Hopefully if they did release today, the swimmers are right there and waiting!
    Praying for you! FX!

Eternal optimist
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I asked my boss if I could work from home. I don't want to lose a day, but I also would rather not be in the office after my IUI. My boss has been through infertility treatment and ended up adopting, so she understands. I'm so nervous/anxious for tomorrow. My DH goes out of town tomorrow evening, so my IUI is scheduled 26 hours after trigger shot rather than 36 hours. Hope it doesn't hurt my pregnancy chances.

I just started reading a book a friend loaned me called "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis. Anyone read it? So far it's pretty interesting. It's about a physician who practices Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat infertility.

@jlynn330 congrats to you!
  • Options
    nprlnprl member
    @jlynn- congrats. Hope everything goes well for you!
  • Options
    I downloaded this book called "taking charge of your fertility" which has been awesome!
  • Options
    @roosh1982 my doctor told me to read that book. I've heard good things, but have yet to pick it up.
  • Options
    I second @roosh1982. I started to read TCOYF and without it I wouldn't have caught that I was ovulating late instead of right after the trigger. It's a lot about AF, but if you can make it through there's a good amount of info.
  • Options

@HBamama2B I think I would have BDd just to be safe. I wish they would confirm O, that would make things so much better.

@KidShrink that is interesting. I guess only time will tell!

@lilmsssilp that stinks! I would definitely ask them to do bloodwork because if the cyst isn't producing estrogen you should be able to continue, like @KidShrink said.

@rachlee2010 nice! Mine are growing very slowly. I have a 10.8 and an 11.2 on my right side. Nothing on my left. Apparently measureable at my office has to be over 10mm. My lining was up to 7.34 so that's good! I go back in Friday for another ultrasound and bloodwork, I hope they've grown more by then.

@jlynn330 That's good news! I guess they just don't want people to get over excited. I hope it sticks for you! FX!

@roosh1982 I don't think that's really a bad thing. Every body is different, yours might just have gotten rid of it faster. That doesn't mean it didn't work.

@Rachd2010 That's good you can work from home. I am allowed to work from home, so I may do that when I have my IUI but I have no idea when that will be at the moment. Probably sometime next week I am hoping.

I'm going to do a separate post to update on what's going on with me.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

I had my ultrasound and bloodwork done yesterday morning. The phlebotomist was not very pleasant. She bruised me and gave me a welt and was just really short with me. I've had her four times now and only one time was she decent. It's disappointing. I've though about complaining. My lining has increased to 7.34 and I have two measureable follicles on the right side- 10.8mm and 11.2mm. Measureable at my doctor's office is 10mm. I don't have anything on the left as of now. They increased my Menopur to 112 from 75. Hopefully that helps things move a little quicker. I've felt little twinges in my ovaries, almost like I can feel my follicles growing. Is that even possible?!

I have another ultrasound and bloodwork on Friday! FX things are progressing. I'm hoping for an IUI next week, but they haven't given me any sort of timeline.

• Options
    Well I am out, my first IUI was not successful.  
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16 

• Options
    Larson, hang in there, my doc said that it usually takes 3 cycles. It's not what I wanted to hear! Does anyone have any updates about iui and pg tests?
    @adorablepixie that's exciting! Baby dust!!
  • Options
    roosh1982 said:

Larson, hang in there, my doc said that it usually takes 3 cycles. It's not what I wanted to hear! Does anyone have any updates about iui and pg tests?
    @adorablepixie that's exciting! Baby dust!!

Thanks Roosh! I was not told that and will keep that in mind. I do know I need to find out how many natural he's going to do before we move to mess and stuff. Only time will tell.
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16 

• Options
    @adorkablepixie woohoo! Congrats on the numbers, better every day. FX for you.

And we did BD just to be safe. ;)
  • Options
    @adorkablepixie that's great news. I should be doing an IUI next week also.  What CD are you on?

• Options

@larsonbussman Sorry it was a BFN, but there is always next time! I don't expect my first or even second one to work, but I really hope the third one will. The change is only 20%, so that's not really a great chance.

@HBamama2B thanks! I guess slow and steady is good. lol That's good, hopefully that worked and hopefully the swimmers from your IUI were still waiting for an egg!

@babyexpress I am on like CD 50. I have abnormal cycles, when I went in for the no menses u/s and bloodwork everything was at baseline so they just started me on my meds. I am on day 6 of the meds though. How about you?

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie I'm on day 6 of meds also.  Took last day of clomid yesterday.  Still have 1 more injection Friday and then trigger next week. 

• Options
    @babyexpress and @adorkablepixie I will probably be triggering on Wednesday and iui next Friday.
  • Options
    Me too! We ran a 25% ratio last month.  1 of us should get that BFP
    ;)

• Options
    Let's hope so @babyexpress :-)
  • Options
    I was back at the dr again today. My good follicle is 17 mm and a smaller one is around 10mm.  They are having me do on more menopur shot tonight and coming back in tomorrow morning.  The plan is (assuming everything looks good) to trigger tomorrow night and IUI on Sunday.  Today is CD 11 for me so the IUI would be on CD 14.  I was hoping for 2-3 follicles but I am feeling good about this month and the one that we do have.  My lining thickened up a bit and I am on vaginal estrogen to keep thickening it so hopefully that won't be an issue.  Lets hope for lots of BFP's
  • Options
    @rachlee that's good news! fX for you!!

@kidshrink I talked to my acupuncturist today. He said some doctors are able to tell through pulse! He said he doesn't know how to bc he has no practice in it. He explained it all to me in detail. So keep positive, he may be right!!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    @Colleen0518: that's great that he explained it to you in great detail. My guy is a straight from China guy where language can at times be a bit of a barrier. I think he also just thinks it that way, so him talking about my body's energy should just make sense to me. He's just a cute kind little asian man! But my DH still wants to punch him in the face if he's wrong. DH had a hard time with yesterday's 'positive' and today's 'negative'...he's really having a hard time with the roller coaster of it all, and just feels like I'm adding to it by testing (which I'll admit has been the case; we just have different ways of dealing with it. I'm a control freak and he's a perfectionistic/avoider who doesn't understand why I'd even want to test if it might be wrong). Going back to acupuncture tomorrow...we'll see what he says.