June 2015 Moms

Randoms!

Re: Randoms!

• Loading the player...
  • Sammy K said:

And can someone tell me what it's like to have an "awake, not angry" baby? The only time I get smiles is right before I put her on a boob.

So my first was super angry for about 10 weeks ALL DAY LONG, my second was super angry by week 2. I made some diet changes and we actually found the issue. Which is when DH coined "awake, not angry" He is now so mellow that we sometimes don't realize he's awake and DH and I stand over his crib and wonder what is wrong with him. Apparently we only know how to parent angry colicky babes. Nice ones scare us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is way too small for size 1s, and i only have like 4 newborn sizes left and diapers at a local store go on sale tomorrow -_- if i buy them today it will be over $10 more.

ETA: and i just dont know if that amount will last till tomorrow.

I've totally used the size 1s even tho they were obviously too big while waiting for the chance to go to the store the next day. I crossed the Velcro straps in front and then folded the waist down over the straps. Not much you can do about the leg holes, except make sure you pull the diapers up as far as possible before strapping them on. I've been lucky that the couple of times I've had to do this I haven't had any blowouts. I have been sure to change diligently, tho.
  • Sammy K said:

And can someone tell me what it's like to have an "awake, not angry" baby? The only time I get smiles is right before I put her on a boob.

So my first was super angry for about 10 weeks ALL DAY LONG, my second was super angry by week 2. I made some diet changes and we actually found the issue. Which is when DH coined "awake, not angry" He is now so mellow that we sometimes don't realize he's awake and DH and I stand over his crib and wonder what is wrong with him. Apparently we only know how to parent angry colicky babes. Nice ones scare us.
    What changes did you make? I looked into and there is no research that supports mom's diet affects baby, just anecdotal evidence. I have thought about doing an elimination diet or going to EP, but I hate BF already and all of the next options make me want to switch to formula. This one has been so much harder than DS and that's not even considering having a toddler to deal with. I'm tired and frustrated and don't know what the eff this baby needs.
  • @henrytviii Ugh, I just don't even know how much I want to keep trying things. But thank you for the info. I'm probably going to try it. I guess I'd rather give up dairy than alcohol. I gotta stay positive.
  • @henrytviii OK so if I'm going to do this, I should do it right. Did you cut out all trace dairy or just milk, cheese, yogurt and ice cream?
  • devyns2nddevyns2nd member
    edited July 2015
    I just got stuck in multiple tornadoes with DS while picking up my three older boys from football. One was walking from the middle school next door as a tornado was touching down right behind the school. We were all out screaming for him Like a scene off of twister....worst day of my life!
  • devyns2nd said:

I just got stuck in multiple tornadoes with DS while picking up my three older boys from football. One was walking from the middle school next door as a tornado was touching down right behind the school. We were all out screaming for him Like a scene off of twister....worst day of my life!

Omg! That is terrifying! Tornadoes definitely seem like the scariest natural disaster in my book. Glad everyone is ok.
  • devyns2nd said:

That is awful! So glad you are all safe. Hope LO allows you to get some rest tonight!
  • devyns2nd said:

That sounds horrifying. Glad you are all okay!
  • @Sammy K I was in exactly the same boat with a crazy active toddler and a really cranky baby. I read all the same things about their being no evidence including on kellymom.com which I really trust. It was so bad I was willing to try anything so I cut out all milk products. We saw results in less than 48 hours and an amazing turnaround after about a week. I thought it would be terrible but it's very easy to stay on the diet knowing the consequences for LO. I am going to try adding a little back in next week, 10 weeks. If its overwhelming I would try things one by one rather than an elimination diet. Dairy is the one that many people.talk about, again no evidence other than the stories of other moms. But isn't that the best evidence.

If it helps at all colick will end and you have to be over 1/2 way though it. DS1 was so terrible that people still talk about it and yet by 3-4 months he was a happy easy baby and at 3 years he continues to be enjoyable.

This!!! I have a very mellow baby, but for the first little while she was so upset and seemingly uncomfortable - I cut dairy products (milk, yoghurt, cheese, chocolate, etc.) and she became so much happier!
  • @devyns2nd Ugh, what a crappy day! Glad you are all safe! Tornados suck! I've had to hunker down for warnings twice with my l/o, dog, and 2 cats in the last 6 weeks. I wanted to rip my eyeballs out.
  • @devyns2nd omg! I'm a fan of weather, so I'll admit that sounds interesting to pre-baby Mel. Mom Mel is totally freaked out with you. Glad you are all safe!
  • Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! It worked because LO was indeed sooo good on the flights!

Since your good vibes worked, I'm going to be greedy and ask for them again. Just as we arrived home today, my father called: my uncle died suddenly, unexpectedly at home today.
    Worse: his daughter's (my cousin's) mother was killed Monday, crossing the street. In two days, my poor cousin unexpectedly lost BOTH her parents.

Our family is reeling. My cousin spoke to her parents daily, and was so close to them. My heart hurts so much for her.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Oh I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with your cousins and the rest of the family.
  • LaurenAnn0405LaurenAnn0405 member
    edited July 2015
    @virginiaunicorn11 I'm so sorry for that horrible news! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family! Edit: stupid auto correct
  • seeseaseesea member
    @devyns2nd I have never experienced tornadoes only earthquakes. While I'm fascinated by tornadoes I'm totally freaked out for you. I'm glad everyone's safe!

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm so sorry for what your cousin and family must going through. I lost my grandmother and aunt within a month so I could only imagine what it's like to lose both parents in two days. My heart is breaking for her. Sending thoughts and prayers.
  • @devyns2nd so happy you're safe, that is actually my worst nightmare (I live no where near tornados)

@virginiaunicorn11 yay for great flights, but I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle and your cousins mom..thinking of your family.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 That's so terrible.

Tornadoes! So much scarier now.

Sort of relatedly, has anyone read then Gone book series by Michael Grant? It's a YA scifi series about a small town that is mysteriously cut off from the rest of the world AND everyone over 15 has disappeared. It totally freaks me out as a mom. My babies, all alone!
  • @virginiaunicorn11. Omgoodness! That is terrible! I'm so sorry to read the news about your cousin. I can only imagine how terrible that would be. Sending my love
  • @virginiaunicorn11 That is terrible. Sending t&p your way.
  • lwyzlwyz member
    @virginiaunicorn11 Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I have nightmares about that kind of stuff happening. Thinking of your family!
  • aj1327aj1327 member
    @virginiaunicorn11 I'm so sorry for your family. Thinking of all of you, especially your cousin. My mom was a single parent, and I'm not very close to my dad. When she passed away, I remember feeling so alone. I can only imagine how she is feeling. Again, I'm so so sorry.

@devyns2nd how scary! Glad you are all okay.
  • BabsTheBunnyBabsTheBunny member
    edited July 2015
    @virginiaunicorn11 T &P for your family in this time of need.

Edit for tag

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @virginiaunicorn11 My heart breaks for your cousin. What a tough time. Thoughts and prayers for her, you, and the rest of your family
  • @virginiaunicorn11 glad LO was good and that you had a safe flight. Thoughts and prayers being sent to you and your family.

@devyns2nd tornados terrify me. So glad you are all ok!

@sammyk my LO is colicky too. He is 10 weeks today. We have had some more awake not angry time, but he is still incredibly fussy. I totally feel your pain. I just pray that this all ends soon because I don't know how much more crying I can take.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @virginiaunicorn11 I'm glad your flight went well and bless her heart I can't imagine what she's feeling right now.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Tornadoes terrify me and that was my ultimate fear lived out. Looking back it was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It's defiantly a good story for little man when he gets older. He seems to attract extreme weather. Snow storms, flooding, tornadoes. All weather we don't usually have here.
  • After almost 3 weeks of cold and rain.. We finally have a warm sunny day :D
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I'm thinking of your family and praying for healing, how awful.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • LO finally passed out for real after several hours of being awake, hungry, needing to burp, and wanting to eat while simultaneously laying on my chest.
    now do i run to the store for water and dinner stuff.. or sit here and relax.
  • lwyzlwyz member
    I just really really need to sleep for more than 2 hours at once. [-O<
  • Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! It worked because LO was indeed sooo good on the flights!

Since your good vibes worked, I'm going to be greedy and ask for them again. Just as we arrived home today, my father called: my uncle died suddenly, unexpectedly at home today.
    Worse: his daughter's (my cousin's) mother was killed Monday, crossing the street. In two days, my poor cousin unexpectedly lost BOTH her parents.

Our family is reeling. My cousin spoke to her parents daily, and was so close to them. My heart hurts so much for her.

Oh no. How sad. Your poor cousin. And family. And you. I'm glad your flight went well. I'm sorry you came back to such news.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 thoughts and prayers to your cousin, and good vibes to your bag of important stuff.