February 2016 Moms
Options

Everyone introduce yourselves!

Re: Everyone introduce yourselves!

• Options
    so i don't know what just happened, and i'm sorry for all the spam of comments- my phone went crazy. anyways... 
    i'm Megan, i just turned 19 about a month ago, my boyfriend is about to be 26 this month (we get to hear the baby's heartbeat on his birthday!!!) this is our first child and we are more than thrilled this is happening! i can't wait for this journey- though i'm really nervous that something could go wrong, but i'm staying positive and taking care of myself and in turn taking care of my unborn child. my due date right now is February 5th, 2016 :) 
  • Options
    Mara, 36, German, living in VA.
    this is my first go around, only fur babies in my house so far. However, I've been working military infant day care for almost 6 years now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Irisini, 31 year old American living in London with my Irish husband. We've been married for 2.5 years and this is our first child. I work as International Head of Marketing for a technology company so I get to travel quite a bit. Looking forward to our new arrival and 52 weeks of maternity leave! Very nice to meet you all. xx
  • Options
    je5sc0je5sc0 member
    maas0424 said:

Hi! My name is Haley, I'm 22 and DH is 23! We are from Kentucky! I am a licensed veterinary technician, just graduated with my bachelor's degree, and I currently work 70 hours a week split between a general practice and an emergency facility. DH is a firefighter! I am 4 weeks along with baby number 1! I'm so excited/terrified to go from being a couple to being a mom! We currently have two dogs, a 5 year old pitbull, and a 5 month old pitbull!

Love me some sweet pibbles!!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! DH and I are both 29 and we have a 1 year old daughter. We had just started trying and got lucky the first time again! We live in South Florida. I'm a SAHM and DH is a lawyer with his own firm. DH and I have been together for 5 1/2 years and married for almost 2. We have two amazing cats and just adopted a Golden Retriever puppy last week! I love to cook, shop, watch tv (I'm a bit tv obsessed), kayak, and just generally hang out with DH and DD.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Hi Ladies! My name is Amanda I am 26 years old and DH is 30. We live in sunny San Diego and have been married for one amazing year this June 14th. DH has a son already who is 10, but this is my first pregnancy, and we both are very nervous and excited! I am a web developer (I build websites) and DH is a mechanic. 

I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant and can't wait to get to know you ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wagvanwagvan member
    Hooray! I can finally post after my few days wait.  I'm Katie and I'm 46 and will be 47 when this baby is born.  My DH is 45 and will be 46.  We will be celebrating 25 years of marriage this August and this will be our 8th child.  We have DD 22yo, DS 20yo, DD 18yo, DS 13yo, DD 11yo, DS 7yo, DS 5yo and this baby who is due February 12.  Though with my last I was almost 3 weeks late.  I am a United Methodist Pastor of two small churches and my husband is a Corrections Officer.  And since everyone seems to be mentioning their college degrees, I have a Masters of Divinity.  This pregnancy was a HUGE surprise and I am still in the freaked out portion of our program.  I am a fairly crunchy cloth diapering (and diaper sewing), babywearing, homebirthing, breastfeeding mama.  I had a miscarriage last fall, so I am a little anxious about this pregnancy. Not to mention concerned about the possibility of chromosomal issues.  I also have a pain disorder called CRPS and so I am weaning off of my pain meds which are not okay during pregnancy.  They have me switching over to topical meds like pain patches, but it is already not good.  The good thing is there is a possibility of pregnancy kicking my pain disorder into remission.  So I am hoping that happens.
    Katie ~wife to my beloved, Scott for 25 years
    mama to SEVEN +1 wonderful Waggoners
    K~ 22yo, C~ 20yo, J~ 18yo, N~ 13yo, G~ 11yo, M~ 7, A~5 and baby due 2/12/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wagvan said:

Hooray! I can finally post after my few days wait.  I'm Katie and I'm 46 and will be 47 when this baby is born.  My DH is 45 and will be 46.  We will be celebrating 25 years of marriage this August and this will be our 8th child.  We have DD 22yo, DS 20yo, DD 18yo, DS 13yo, DD 11yo, DS 7yo, DS 5yo and this baby who is due February 12.  Though with my last I was almost 3 weeks late.  I am a United Methodist Pastor of two small churches and my husband is a Corrections Officer.  And since everyone seems to be mentioning their college degrees, I have a Masters of Divinity.  This pregnancy was a HUGE surprise and I am still in the freaked out portion of our program.  I am a fairly crunchy cloth diapering (and diaper sewing), babywearing, homebirthing, breastfeeding mama.  I had a miscarriage last fall, so I am a little anxious about this pregnancy. Not to mention concerned about the possibility of chromosomal issues.  I also have a pain disorder called CRPS and so I am weaning off of my pain meds which are not okay during pregnancy.  They have me switching over to topical meds like pain patches, but it is already not good.  The good thing is there is a possibility of pregnancy kicking my pain disorder into remission.  So I am hoping that happens.

My mother in law has full body CRPS. Best wishes to you!
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Everyone ! I'm 26 (weeks away from 27) and DH is 27. We have been married for almost 7 years and have been together for 12 years (high school sweethearts). We live in the PNW but are originally from southern California. This will be our first child and are really excited, although it still doesn't seem real. This will be the first grandchild on DH's side but the 4th grandchild on my side. DH is already excited to come up with ways to announce once/if we make it past the 1st Tri. We were NTNP and just found out 2 days ago. Im 4 weeks, 6 days pregnant and we will be waiting till the baby is born to know the sex. DH and I work together and work with special needs children. Outside of work we LOVE the outdoors and go hiking, camping, and backpacking often. I look forward to getting to know everyone here.
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jodie and I'm 33 years old. We are pregnant with our first, and we have been married for 7 years. I'm of course excited but nervous and scared as well!
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    @ohthatshari Where in South Florida are you from? I'm in Palm Beach County!
  • Options
    Liz726Liz726 member
    Hi everyone! My name is Liz. I'm 30 and DH is 31. I got my BFP on Saturday and I couldn't be happier; it's my first pregnancy and I can't wait to be a mom! I just finished a temporary teaching job (8th grade Language Arts) and DH is a civil engineer. I'll probably be going back to administratively assisting within a few weeks here :-) We've got two cats...we had three but I just had to put my childhood cat Pepper to sleep about three weeks ago because she had kidney disease. I miss her like crazy but finding out I'm pregnant has done a lot to make me smile lately! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    wagvanwagvan member
    @AggieKim I am sorry to hear that your mom has full body CRPS.  It is a horrible disorder.  Is your mom on FB?  I am in a lot of CRPS support groups for CRPS and can share them with you for your mom, if she would be interested.  They really are helpful.  I went in for the drug study for the new CRPS drug that had fantastic results in Italy.  Here is the info: https://www.rsdhope.org/neridronate---new-medication-for-crps1.html and https://rsds.org/new-u-s-clinical-trial-of-neridronate/  I had got through the screening physical but had to go home and get on hormonal BC in order to get the infusion.  Of course, 2 days later I poas and got a positive pregnancy test.  So I am out of the drug trial.  But I would highly encourage your mom to get into the trial if she qualifies.  She needs to put the zip code of the research center into the website and not her own zip code.  I was going to go to Cleveland, but I know there is one in Chicago, and there is a map on the site with the various research center sites.

Katie ~wife to my beloved, Scott for 25 years
    mama to SEVEN +1 wonderful Waggoners
    K~ 22yo, C~ 20yo, J~ 18yo, N~ 13yo, G~ 11yo, M~ 7, A~5 and baby due 2/12/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone...haven't posted on the bump in forever so hope I'm responding right lol. I have a son who just turned 1 in May with a x that I caught cheating on me at 8 months prego. Im now re married to a wonderful man and I just stopped birth control last month and got a postive ( well like 20 home test and a postive blood work on Monday ) I caught it early wanted to. I was on some meds that are not to safe to take while prego. I am at about 4 weeks 2-3 days. Having some light cramping and had some very very light brown blood the other day. Didn't have that with my first so of course freaked out. Have another appt next week. It took me 4 years trying to have my son so was shocked it happened so fast, so of course worry as everyone does with these little tiny not even cramps and that little bit of blood...but anyways hi and I hope this posted in the right spot
  • Options
    I'm 33 and work as an engineer.  DH and I have been married for 5 years now!! We have a sweet sweet 2 year old (ok independent, curious and more independence :)).  I just found out about an hour ago we're expecting.  We've been trying for about a year now.  We lost a little one last year at 12 weeks pregnant which was absolutely heart wrenching.  So we're going to (TRY) not to tell people for a bit.  Unfortunately his job has him cross the country so I had our little girl tell him "Daddy, Mommy has a baby in her belly."  We're so so excited.  I look forward to getting involved here!
  • Options
    name1109 said:

I'm 33 and work as an engineer.  DH and I have been married for 5 years now!! We have a sweet sweet 2 year old (ok independent, curious and more independence :)).  I just found out about an hour ago we're expecting.  We've been trying for about a year now.  We lost a little one last year at 12 weeks pregnant which was absolutely heart wrenching.  So we're going to (TRY) not to tell people for a bit.  Unfortunately his job has him cross the country so I had our little girl tell him "Daddy, Mommy has a baby in her belly."  We're so so excited.  I look forward to getting involved here!

Hi fellow engineer buddy! What kind of engineering? My undergrad was aerospace eng, but I work in medical devices now.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm Kayla. I'm 24 turning 25 in August. My DH is 25. We have a daughter who is 18 months on the 14th. We wanted to have are kids close in age so we decided to try again. I have had 2 miscarriages. So hopefully this baby sticks my edd is 2/12/16. We are super excited but nervous at the same time.
  • Options
    My name is Arianna Romero, I'm 17 (yes I'm young) I'm engaged to the love of my life and are getting married in October (this was planned before the pregnancy) my fiancé is 21. We've know each other for 8 years. Rode the bus together in middle school and high school. We were very good friends from day one. we had been trying to get pregnant since we got engaged (we didn't expect it to happen so fast after getting of the pill) but we are both very excited (as well as our family's) my fiancé never wanted kids before so when we told his family we were trying they were in shock. We own a diesel mechanic shop in Las Vegas New Mexico (not Nevada and yes we are in the United States) I work at a vet clinic as a secretary and tech. We raise show calves and are starting to raise rough stock (bulls and Broncs). We also own a ranch in wagon mound New Mexico. And have two Australian Shepard cattle dogs that are hyper and keep us very active!
  • Options
    AbbyS92XAbbyS92X member
    edited June 2015
    Hiya!

I'm abby, I'm 22, and I'm 6 weeks with my second baby :)

My 1st son is almost 3, and I've been with my current partner for a year and a half now. We're both really excited for our newest addition to arrive!!
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm Jordan. I'm 24, my H is 26. We have been married for 3 years this August and together for 10 (high school sweethearts). Together we have twin girls who turned 2 in March and this will make baby #3 for us. We are beyond excited! I posted pretty regularly in my April 13 forum until we gravitated over to Facebook so it's been a while since I've bumped. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and very anxious to begin our journey with 3u3!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Laura. I live in Indy. I am 28. My husband and I have been together 7 years and married 3 years. We have a 2 year old son and 2 awesome dogs. We both work as paramedics for the city. I am currently just over 5 weeks, due February 9th. This is pregnancy number 5 for us. We have gone through 3 unfortunate losses so I'm very anxious about this one as well.
  • Options
    Hi All! My name is Kristin. I'm 28 years old. I live in the Chicago area. I teach 3rd grade, and I'm finishing up grad school as well. My husband and I have been married for about 2 years now. We just found out about this new addition about a week ago, and we couldn't be more thrilled! This will be our first baby. I'm so happy to have people to talk to throughout this journey! 
  • Options
    nessysnessys member
    Hey .. Not sure if I'm posting this correctly !! But worth a try .. My name is Vanessa I'm 24 .. My BF is 32 .. This pregnancy was so unexpected . I'm more terrified than Iam excited at this point . I'm hoping that by reading and participating in the forms here I can drop the nerves and exchange them for some happy thoughts !!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies..

I am 27, DH is 29 - I work at a local university and DH works as an industrial engineer. We've been married for 4 years and have been together for 8. This is my first pregnancy in which I'm 5 weeks. We have our first ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks.

Congratulations to you all!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hello!! My name is Carlise. I am 34 and DH is 43. We have been married for almost 7 years. We have a 9 year old boy. After 4 years of trying, we were able to conceive through Medicated IUI and donor sperm.

I used to be a teacher, now I am a stay at home mom and army wife. I am due Feb.9, 2016. We are so blessed and excited for our new little jellybean!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 30 and this will be our second kid. Our first is almost 2. I currently am a stay at home mom and will continue with this little one. I was a teacher before and will probably go back someday. Based on the internet my due date is February 11. I see the dr for the fist time in July.
  • Options
    LantryLantry member
    Hi! I'm Colleen and 27 years old. This is my first pregnancy, just started trying a couple of weeks ago only to find out it happened. I will be high risk because I had DVT 2 years ago. I have my first prenatal appointment on Tuesday and then she will start me on Lovenox. I'm still nervous because I'm only a little more than 4 weeks, but I'm sure everyone feels that way!

• Options
    BuhzelBuhzel member
    Hi. I'm an older IVF mama to an 8 year old boy. He will be 16 months when this second one comes along. Another boy! We know that because we did genetic testing of the embryos before they were implanted to make sure they were healthy!
    We just moved to Colorado and are trying to buy a house on top of new jobs and pregnancy so it will be a busy few months!
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    Hello ladies! This is my third pregnancy. I was I'm the September 2015 birth community but sadly I miscarried at 9 weeks. So I have one daughter who will be 2 in August! My hubby just got out of the Marine Corps and we've moved out to the country to start our new life and have a small farm. I'm a stay at home mom and I love it! I love to garden, ride my motorcycle, cook and watch trashy reality shows lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all and praying hard for a sticky baby!
  • Options
    Hey everyone. You can call me Country
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi - my name is also Ashley, I am 28 and have been married since Sept. '14. I've been with my husband for 10 years and we also have a 2 year old little boy! I work as a bookkeeper and my husband is a technician for jetliners. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, not sure what happened to my post. But I'll try it again.

I'm 29 and DH is 31. We live in the St. Louis area. I have a degree/certification in baking and pastries but currently work in a daycare. DH is in LE. We have been married 5 years.

We have a very handsome 2.5 y/o son. We share our house with 4 dogs, a cat (who thinks he's a dog), and a tank full of fish.

This is our 3rd pregnancy. We had an early m/c last October. Due to my not-so-normal cycles, we aren't exactly sure what the due date is, although I know it will be February. I have an ultrasound set up for June 23 to hopefully find out.

We are extremely excited and I look forward to getting to know you ladies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello- name is Pam I am 35 and pregnant with 1st.. I am nervous cuz I found out early I'm only 4w2d. Found out last week.. Just keep posting everything goes well..second set of bloodwork today, and doctor told me to schedule ultrasound for next week or so
  • Options
    hello ladies.. I am Cheryl. 5weeks and 2 days.. EDD 2/9/16 This will be baby #3. My two daughters are 6&4. I am excited and pray for a boy. I am married to my sweetheart of 8 years, although we have children we just got married 4 months ago. I look forward to getting to know you all as we travel this journey..
  • Options
    oh and I am 28, 29 in July
  • Options
    wagvan said:

@AggieKim I am sorry to hear that your mom has full body CRPS.  It is a horrible disorder.  Is your mom on FB?  I am in a lot of CRPS support groups for CRPS and can share them with you for your mom, if she would be interested.  They really are helpful.  I went in for the drug study for the new CRPS drug that had fantastic results in Italy.  Here is the info: https://www.rsdhope.org/neridronate---new-medication-for-crps1.html and https://rsds.org/new-u-s-clinical-trial-of-neridronate/  I had got through the screening physical but had to go home and get on hormonal BC in order to get the infusion.  Of course, 2 days later I poas and got a positive pregnancy test.  So I am out of the drug trial.  But I would highly encourage your mom to get into the trial if she qualifies.  She needs to put the zip code of the research center into the website and not her own zip code.  I was going to go to Cleveland, but I know there is one in Chicago, and there is a map on the site with the various research center sites.

It's my mother in law, actually. I'll look into it and show her. She's done multiple trials for pain pumps and different forms of compounded heavy narcotics. And given she's in her upper 50s with cardiac stents now (she'll tel you she had a heart attack but it never actually progressed that far, it was caught early enough) I'm not sure what all she might qualify for anymore. She's always been a sickly person, and getting diagnosed with RSD/CRPS definitely didn't help her much.
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MsIan said:

@ohthatshari Where in South Florida are you from? I'm in Palm Beach County!

@MsIan i'm in palm beach county too!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My name is Jessica and I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I am soon to be 36 and my SO is 34. We have been together for four years and have a 1 year old daughter. I am a nurse who works in the infertility field. It took me a very long time to get pregnant...and I lost the first pregnancy at 17 weeks. A few months after that horrible time, I got pregnant with my daughter. Knowing how the chances of pregnancy decline due to age (I really hate being "advanced maternal age"!!!) , I didn't want to wait too long to try again. This time it took four months. Fingers crossed ladies....that everything goes well for all of us!!!