February 2016 Moms
Options

Everyone introduce yourselves!

1192021222325»

Re: Everyone introduce yourselves!

• Options
    I forgot to do my intro, I forgot people don't know me on this board :) I'm Chelsea, I have a 2 year old girl and am hopefully finding out the sec of this baby in 2 weeks :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hello Ladies!!
    My name is Kendra and my husband and I are expecting our third child February 4th! We are blessed with a little girl and boy already who are 4 and 3. We do not know the gender if the baby and I want to wait until delivery to find out!! --but my husband desperately wants to find out! Are any of you all planning to wait to find out the gender at birth? My husband is active duty Army and we are stationed in Texas (where I am from)! I am excited to be so close to my family this time around-- both our son and daughter were born in Belgium. Are there any military families here?

Nice to meet you all via the bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile, but decided it was time to come out and say hi. My name is Ashley, I'm 33 years old, and expecting my first baby on 2/15/16. My husband and I have been together for 15 years, married for 11, and we had begun to wonder if we'd ever have a baby. I miscarried at 5 weeks in August 2014 (part of the reason for my delayed intro); he has an 18 year old son from a previous relationship.

I will be 20 weeks tomorrow, and I also have my anatomy scan in the morning at 9:15am. We're definitely finding out the gender because I'm having a mental block about buying anything :)

Excited to be here!
  • Options
    Hello!  I'm Lori, I'm 35 and I am a first time mom.  DH is 36 and we have two cats.  I know I'm SUPER duper late, but I totally forgot about The Bump even though I was on The Knot waaaay back in the day.  Plus, my work computer SUCKS and this site doesn't load so I have to use my phone and some days it's just easier to use the computer.  Anywho, I have been married (2nd marriage) since August of 2014 and this is our first together...I have two step children as well, DSD is 8 and DSS is 10.  My original due date was Jan 27th and then it got bumped to Feb 6th so I didn't know which board to join lol.  But anyway, I'm here!  I would like to participate more so I'll do my best :)
  • Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'm Meghan, I'm 22, and this is my first! I will be 23 weeks and I only found out two weeks ago! I take birth control and I only take the sugar pills every three months because I get menstrual migraines. Three months ago, I got a very light period, but that's common for me so I didn't think much of it. My breasts began to swell a bit and feel tender around this time, which is what typically happens when I have one of the light periods, so again, I didn't think anything of it. I've also been struggling with my weight in the past years and started getting on a good routine in terms of eating and I was finally gaining weight! Sure there was some bloating and nausea, but I have a sensitive stomach and changing my eating habits always makes me feel funny for awhile, especially with all the new high-fat foods I was introducing! 

When I didn't get my period at all this month, I took a pregnancy test just to be sure. It came back positive so I went to my doctor for a blood test which also came back positive. She estimated about 4-8 weeks and booked me for an ultrasound the next day to get a better date. She used the vaginal probe ultrasound and when she pressed it against my cervix, she couldn't see much because there was a giant foot in the way! I was dated at 21 weeks and found out I would be having a baby boy on February 25. He looks very healthy so far which is amazing and lucky, but I'm not much of a partier. I did take adderall for ADHD which I'm a little concerned about, but I'm getting a much more thorough ultrasound next week which will hopefully put my mind at ease. 

It was incredibly shocking and scary at first, and I was afraid to tell anyone, but everyone has been so incredibly supportive and happy for me that my worries have been put somewhat at ease. It'll be crazy and difficult, but my boyfriend is wonderful and already a father to an amazing 9-year-old so I know what a good dad he is. I have a bit less time than most to plan everything, but I'm sure we will make it through. 
  • Options
    Hello All, I'm Amanda! I'm 23 years old and have been with my fella for 2 years. I am a pre-kindergarten teacher in Seattle and my fiance is a civil affairs officers in the Army in North Carolina.

We found out I was expecting in the craziest way..I went in for a pre-op to have five fibroids removed from my uterus when my surgeon said "we have to cancel your operation".."why" I asked.."because you're pregnant" she said.

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! Ultimate freak out. Mind you 1.I was on the pill
    2. I have so many large fibroids I shouldn't have been able to concise
    AND 3. the fibroids made "getting down with the get down" painful so it happened rarely.

But TA-DA! We got pregnant! I'm currently 23wks along today (DD is Feb. 24th) and loving our decision to move forward with this pregnancy. Though it hasn't been easy with my fella so far away, we are closer than ever. We will be reunited for our wedding day this December and I can't wait! Two months after that our little lady, Fiona, will be arriving!

Looking forward to bonding with you ladies and having some babies!
  • Options
    I hope it doesn't, man. Expecting is Expecting, we might not all be similar but we definitely all have a common bond of motherhood and caring for our critters.

And on the plus side we're only a few years apart :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

I know, super late to the game but better late than never! I'm 25, DH is 26, due 2/4 with our second child, another boy.Already have one rambunctious crazy three year old. We are beyond thrilled. We dealt with secondary infertility and just a really bad year before we got to where we are now. And we are so so so thankful! My brother passed away 2/5 of this year, so this baby's due date is really special to us, and a little strange since we were diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility. I'm so excited to be here and make some new friends! I was active on TB about a year ago and am back now. 

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Hi All...
    I've been lurking for awhile, but figured it was time to introduce myself. My name is Tara, I'm 39 years old, and expecting my first baby on 2/26/16. My husband and I have been married for 2.5 years and weren't sure we could have a baby. He had a vasectomy prior to us getting together (he has 15yr old twins who live with us from a previous relationship), but he had the reversal and 1.5 yrs later, I am pregnant. Yay! Anyway, that's me. :)