November 2015 Moms

Gender and names?!?!?!

Re: Gender and names?!?!?!

• bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited August 2015
    Caneron is not my favorite.. How do you feel about Camden? Too trendy? Do you think Louis sounds too old?? I don't like Louie for a NN but Lou doesn't bother me..it's a name he'll have to grow into.. Opinions? Thx ladies
    ---------------------------------- Quote fail Trendiness aside Camden is like using Detroit or Compton. It's bad and if you aren't familiar with Camden nj a simple Google is needed Personally I think Louis is awesome and certainly not too old fashion. Not to mention it ages well and baby/childhood is a short part of life. I'd rather have a big name that ages well vs a cutesy name that works until I need to put it on resumes

• Caneron is not my favorite.. How do you feel about Camden? Too trendy? Do you think Louis sounds too old?? I don't like Louie for a NN but Lou doesn't bother me..it's a name he'll have to grow into.. Opinions? Thx ladies

Louis, then. Cam is confusing and everyone's going to assume it's short for Cameron.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're having a girl and right now our front runner for her name is Felicia Marie.
  • Caneron is not my favorite.. How do you feel about Camden? Too trendy? Do you think Louis sounds too old?? I don't like Louie for a NN but Lou doesn't bother me..it's a name he'll have to grow into.. Opinions? Thx ladies

My husbands best friend is a Cam (short for Camille). So that's an option if you didn't want to just use Cam.
    YCSWU
  • We have finally decided on Kiera Rose. We have worried a little about mispronunciation with Kiera but want to use the more traditional Irish spelling. I also wasn't sure about Rose because it seems to be becoming a very popular middle name but it just sounds so pretty together.
  • Ayla Jean due 11/1/15 :)
  • mollynap said:
    We have finally decided on Kiera Rose. We have worried a little about mispronunciation with Kiera but want to use the more traditional Irish spelling. I also wasn't sure about Rose because it seems to be becoming a very popular middle name but it just sounds so pretty together.
    sounds beautiful!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are having a boy

Ezra Logan (Logan after my husband)
  • I envy all the women who have their names set were not even close. First names we have are; Amara, Ainsley, Audrey, Teagan (or Raina which im trying very hard to get hubby on board with) and middle names we like are; grace, joy, skye
  • Finally nailed down a name DH & I both agree on: Harper Christine, due 11/20/2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • alisonrmc said:

I envy all the women who have their names set were not even close. First names we have are; Amara, Ainsley, Audrey, Teagan (or Raina which im trying very hard to get hubby on board with) and middle names we like are; grace, joy, skye

Raina's my fave! I like Amara because you don't hear it much, Audrey because of the beautiful and compassionate actress, then Teagan and Ainsley.. Those two are a little too trendy for my taste. :)
  • I love Audrey Grace.. I like all the other names too. Good luck- We can't even come up with a list:(
  • Audrey is a beautiful name. If I ever have a girl, kind of want to steal that one. 

I'm generally terrible with names because my parents gave me a sort of weird one, meaning I always wanted my kids to have a "normal' name. Nothing that is going to get the crap beat out of them on the playground. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Wondering what people think of the name Lemon for a girl. We started calling her that before we knew it was a girl and people hated it. Now they r saying it grows on u and they would be disappointed if that wasn't her name. I just don't know bc people don't take to it well at first.
    I think its a really pretty name, if you've ever watched the CW show, the Hart of Dixie, one of the female characters on the show-- her name is Lemon. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Team blue! Lincoln James.
    My parents don't like the name but so far everyone else has.
  • alisonrmc said:
    I envy all the women who have their names set were not even close. First names we have are; Amara, Ainsley, Audrey, Teagan (or Raina which im trying very hard to get hubby on board with) and middle names we like are; grace, joy, skye
    Audrey Grace is beautiful.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• ZiggityZogZiggityZog member
    edited September 2015
    Team Green! Naming has been a challenge! We are closer than we've been yet with Stella Reilley if baby is a girl or Rowan Silas if baby is a boy. Baby girl's name has family history. Would love feedback!
  • We are due on Nov 8th and my husband is very stubborn.. He loves loves the name Skogan Lee for our little man. At first I hated it but it's starting to grow on me a little bit, he won't consider any other names. What do you guys think?
  • We are due on Nov 8th and my husband is very stubborn.. He loves loves the name Skogan Lee for our little man. At first I hated it but it's starting to grow on me a little bit, he won't consider any other names. What do you guys think?

Eh... Not a fan

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I kind of have to agree with @grapesoda1111

That might be a rough name to take onto the playground. Take it from the girl whose parents were in a classical music phase when they named her...
    Do unto others. 

Not a fan at all.
  • How are ya'll doing middle names? The first name was easy for me, Gabriel has always been my favorite biblical character and I love music, so that was easy. 

There's a tradition in my family as mother's maiden names as middle names but I really want to break away from that. Plus with no DH I don't have to share the vote! 
    Do unto others. 
  • How are ya'll doing middle names? The first name was easy for me, Gabriel has always been my favorite biblical character and I love music, so that was easy. 

There's a tradition in my family as mother's maiden names as middle names but I really want to break away from that. Plus with no DH I don't have to share the vote! 
    Our little boy's middle name will be after my dad who I was close to and passed away two years ago. I like using family names somewhere in the name.
  • We are pretty set on Siler James, however, I want to spell it with a "y" like Syler. My husband prefers it with an "I". Suggestions? Right now, we just call him SJ.
  • I'm 32 weeks.
    We are having a boy and his name is
    Nolan Matthew
  • We are team green, we are fairly confident with a boys name but not a girl name (we used our favorite girls name two years ago with DD). We are kind of thinking of Cora, my husband usually shuts every name down and this one he actually likes. But no idea of a middle name for Cora... Any suggestions?
  • DD1'S name is Lena Anmarie
    This will be DD2 and her name will be Payton Nicole.
  • nmwheel1 said:

We are team green, we are fairly confident with a boys name but not a girl name (we used our favorite girls name two years ago with DD). We are kind of thinking of Cora, my husband usually shuts every name down and this one he actually likes. But no idea of a middle name for Cora... Any suggestions?

I like names that begin with A or D for Cora as a first name.

Annabelle, Anne, Aria
    Daisy, Dinah, Dahlia
    Jane...random.

But my brain is also on pregnancy crack so don't take my word for it. Good luck :)
    Do unto others. 
  • nmwheel1 said:

We are team green, we are fairly confident with a boys name but not a girl name (we used our favorite girls name two years ago with DD). We are kind of thinking of Cora, my husband usually shuts every name down and this one he actually likes. But no idea of a middle name for Cora... Any suggestions?

(Spelling varies)
    Cora Nicole
    Cora Leeann
    Cora Elizabeth
    Cora Brielle
    Cora Mae
    Cora MacKenzie
    Cora Sofia

Maybe download some baby name apps and go through the lists until something stands out then place it behind the name Cora and see if you like it?
  • nmwheel1 said:

(Spelling varies)
    Cora Nicole
    Cora Leeann
    Cora Elizabeth
    Cora Brielle
    Cora Mae
    Cora MacKenzie
    Cora Sofia

Maybe download some baby name apps and go through the lists until something stands out then place it behind the name Cora and see if you like it?
    I actually thought about Cora Nicole (Nicole is actually my name!). I'm going to look through my husband's family tree to see if there is a family name that might work as my daughter has my middle name as her middle name (family name on my side) so might be nice for this baby to have a family middle name from his side.
  • nmwheel1 said:

Cora used to be on our list! We would
    Of names her Coraline Ann

Pregnancy Ticker
  • As of now our lil man will be Ryker John, but I guess we'll now for sure when we fill out the forms :)
  • We just can't seem to settle on a name. We've got some great family names and some other good names picked so it might be something we see when he gets here..... :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • nmwheel1 said:

Cora used to be on our list! We would
    Of names her Coraline Ann
    We had Coralie Rose on ours.
  • Our boy is going to be Leif Stanley.  
  • Our little boy will be Noah. Not going to do a middle name at all. My SO and my brothers all don't have one either. We will be hyphenating our last names so I feel his name will be long enough lol
  • Baby girl and we're naming her Adelina Odette.