March 2015 Moms

Facebook

So, I had been thinking about doing this soon and seeing it come up today in a few threads, I see I'm not the only one feeling it is time. I'm happy to spearhead the project, but I think we should first as a group decide what sort of qualifications we are looking for for an individual to join our FB group. So please make your recommendations here and lets hash out what we want to do. I wouldn't want to block out long time lurkers from joining us, but I know people have said they would only be comfortable if we accepted folks with a certain number of posts, or replies vs. Starting threads, or at least having been joined for X amount of time.

I'd love for us to decide as a group how we would like that to go.

Re: Facebook

• Agreed with above
  • Loading the player...
  • So whether they've posted or not wouldn't matter? Just how long they've been a member of TB?
  • cafecreme said:
    I think if they've been around for a month or two; they're welcome to join. Also, pretty much anyone who recognizes another user's name. 

Who shouldn't be in the group: 
    Random fly-by posters who haven't contributed. 

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • I think someone having been a member for at least 2 or 3 months and 500 Love-its (maybe 250) might be a good start. 250 wouldn't be too difficult to get to I don't think. Exceptions could be made on an individual basis, up to the mod/admin.

Would someone who is completely a lurker (ie, no posts, comments) although they have been on TB be a good member for the FB group if they aren't even minimally active here?
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• antsangel1118antsangel1118 member
    edited December 2014
    Agree!^^  Although, I have been pretty inactive lately, so my opinion may not count too much. But I think I will be much better at keeping up on fb!

ETA: a bunch of people posted while I was typing, so my "agree" is referring to @Cafecreme
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pps, I don't have any specific qualifications just as long as they are a familiar face so to speak and not one of those scary drive bys!
  • Be here for months. And you recognize the person.
  • I'm with @cafecreme‌ as well as @katydid2014‌ - I think there should be a standard time limit to start and then questionables can be admitted on a case by case basis maybe?
  • As of now, we have myself, @Peledreamsofrain‌ , and our lovely moaster @ToasterCat‌ for admins. Please feel free to let me know if you think that isn't enough admins or if you don't like one of us sexay gals for the job. Or, you know, you can PM me about it...or one of them if your issue is me.
  • Some other suggestions. We capped my May 2012 FB group at 150. Now 2.5 years later, there are 120ish of us and we are all pretty active.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Some other suggestions. We capped my May 2012 FB group at 150. Now 2.5 years later, there are 120ish of us and we are all pretty active.

Do we have any idea how many active posted we have here? What would our cap be?
  • I feel like time has flown since those early days of randoms who wanted to create FB groups.

I'm pretty much okay with any reg's the mods recognize. I'm not okay with lurkers who've never been active on the board though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think a FB group is a great idea at this point, I also agree with others about no lurkers. I think the point of the fb group is to be active, if you're not active why would you be on fb.
  • Agree with PP's about lurkers. To me, regulars don't necessarily contribute daily, but do contribute regularly and can be recognized.
  • I feel like it's most of the people here that felt comfortable enough to make a suggestion (I know there are other regs who haven't posted on this thread yet).

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was active in first tri and lurked most of second tri but I'd love to join fb. It's easier to keep up with. This app burns through my battery so damn quick I turn it off a lot.....and my laptop went to electronic graveyard in second tri. Eh, I don't envy the decision makers on all this.
    BFP - 6/28.....Unofficial(waiting on u/s) EDD - 3/9

image    image

July Siggy Challenge. Summer Fail. March 2015 Group
    baby development
  • I agree with some of the regulars who aren't AS active, like myself. I read, I post when I can and I love tit. I doubt there will be many lurker only types trying to join an fb page. Idk...maybe they are weird enough they'd really want to!
    Agree. I'm not a poster but I comment a good bit and love tit. (Also hoping at this point everyone isn't like- who is this chic ;))
    Ditto. I post when I feel I can actually contribute something, which isn't a whole lot sometimes.
  • Count me as a "weird lurker", but I would like to be part of a Facebook group... I give out tons of love tits as support because I try not to muddle posts if I just agree with someone. Also, I try to only reply to things if I am certain I can contribute the right way - I would hate to give someone wrong information.

I think the reason (as a mostly lurker) I would want to be part of the Facebook group is because I feel like I trust and respect this community's opinion and support as a whole. Additionally, as a member of the group, I would contribute when I could give accurate information.

If I'm coming off as creepy - that's not my intention and I'm sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• I try to contribute when I can. I hope I'm not considered a total lurker anymore...I promise I'm not a creeper!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also agree with letting the admins decide. I trust all three of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep yep. I agree it'll probably be obvious to the admins who is a reg.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"