March 2015 Moms
Options

Facebook

124»

Re: Facebook

• Options
    I like the suggestion of no long time lurkers, if you can't contribute here why would it be different on FB? 

I try to contribute but with a toddler it makes it difficult and I can understand that there are circumstances that would make it hard for people to keep up with what is going on here, with that being said though, I am sure I am recognizable to at least some of the regulars here.

Just some suggestions for the FB group. When my Dec12 group went from here to FB we had made some rules that I think could be helpful for this transition as well since it is hard to judge active/lurkers on here. One was a cutoff date as to when we would stop allowing new people to join the FB group and another was based on how active a member was within a month once on FB. It helped to weed out people who weren't contributing and were just lurking. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    etoille said:
    MauiBliss said:
    Currently, with the way TB is (unable to delete photos, for example) and with rumors floating abut yet another TOU version coming out, I just feel like I can control content a bit better off TB. But I will still post. I know people who are members of many TB spin-off FB groups, not just on this board, and they still post. So I don't get the concern. Remember when everyone flipped out about social groups on TB doing the same thing? Yeah, that didn't happen, either. 

But I could just be naive. Who knows. 
    Yeah this is what I was getting to.  People are ALREADY doing things elsewhere so it's not going to kill the board any time soon.  The natural evolution of BMB's is to drop off after the kids turn a year old - that's like 'the norm'.  A BMB having high traffic for the long haul is by far the exception not the rule.  It might be coincidence that with my J13 board that they did FB later on, it might not but that board is already so different in other ways that there's no way to tell (which is why I was careful to point out anecdotal-ness ;) ).

I don't think anyone should worry that this is going to kill the board - my big concern/hope for y'all is that you just err on the side of caution even if it hurts feelings in the short term.  

There's ANOTHER TOU version coming out?  Jesus fucking christ.
    There was a rumor about gifing.... I lol'd. 
  • Options
    I don't post much but I would love to join a fb group. It is easier to fb from my phone. In my jan 2011 group we let lots of people in in the beginning. I think we started with over 300. Some have left some have been kicked out. One thing the admins do/did was go through every couple of months and delete people who haven't posted in a certain time frame (2-3 months)
  • Options
    @ladylec, I hope to see you on the FB group! I know we live close, and we went to the same college, so it would be nice to really connect with others possibly outside of TB, and online. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear people are still hanging about on this board. I prefer the privacy here over FB.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hey, just a reminder to follow through with the process if you want an add to the group. I have 5 tabs open right now of people I'm waiting for confirmed requests on FB in order to officially add you to the group... I'm going to be restarting my computer, and am planning on closing those tabs down, so I'll be waiting for a notification from FB to finish the process of adding you to the group if you haven't yet confirmed my request. 
  • Options
    I joined the group yesterday and I have to admit I am overwhelmed! It will take awhile to figure out who is who and get a feel of how it works. I've never been part of a BMB FB group before. I hope it's ok if it takes awhile for me to be active in the group.

• Options
    Sent my PM to FrecklesInside to get the ball rolling - thanks for spearheading! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    tm599 said:

Sent my PM to FrecklesInside to get the ball rolling - thanks for spearheading! 

Me too
  • Options
    Smonet said:
    I know I haven't been around as much lately, but I would love to be in on the Facebook group. FB is easier for me to be active on. Though I have been super busy lately. :(
    Me too!!! I found it is so much easier to stay active with my other bmb on our FB group. I would like to join one for this group too!
    Same goes for me as well.  I'm still active on my D12 fb group page.  I sent my info to Freckles :-)
    For SuzyQ0525 and all M15 loss moms

image     image

• Options
    Sorry if this was already answered but how exactly do I join the Facebook group?
  • Options
    I sent a PM over to @peledreamsofrain just a bit ago with my info to join

• Options
    I PM you @ToasterCat :) 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Awww man..I can't believe I just now saw this thread...I'm on facebook a bit more than TB so I'd love to join a facebook group.
    M'15 January Animals Being Jerks Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    I would like to join the Facebook group. Who do I need to talk to.
  • Options
    I'm proud to say I figured it out. ;)
  • Options
    I need some reassurance that everyone here has, in fact, seen Empire Records OR, if not, has it on their Netflix list for nighttime feedings. It's that good/bad.
    ::sneaks off to add it to Netflix list::
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I messaged you @ToasterCat. I hope you all let me in :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I need some reassurance that everyone here has, in fact, seen Empire Records OR, if not, has it on their Netflix list for nighttime feedings. It's that good/bad.
    I even had the soundtrack as a kid 

Me too! I think I might actually have it in my car still
  • Options
    I would definitely consider myself a lurker, although I have been a member since July. I don't contribute a lot because I don't have much to say, but I do enjoy reading the threads and all the useful advice and info.
  • Options
    @ToasterCat‌ I think I sent you a pm, I got a weird screen after I hit send. I clean my ring with toothpaste or listerine
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"