Cloth Diapering

Randomonium LIVES!!

Re: Randomonium LIVES!!

• edited October 2014
    abby8279 said:
    TJ1979 said:
    Within the last week I've bought an ear thermometer, a grape cutter, and a Divacup. I'm not sure how I lived without any of them for so long.
    Okay what's a grape cutter?
    It's a knife.  Duh.
    Yeah but if it can cut a cherry tomato without squishing all the good stuff out that would be awesome!  Or maybe I need sharper knives?
    I haven't tried it with tomatoes yet. I should get some and try. I know I could just slice them with a knife but this is soooo much faster and LO lives on grapes these days.

• sarenu1sarenu1 member
    edited October 2014
    abby8279 said:
    TJ1979 said:
    Within the last week I've bought an ear thermometer, a grape cutter, and a Divacup. I'm not sure how I lived without any of them for so long.
    Okay what's a grape cutter?
    It's a knife.  Duh.
    Yeah but if it can cut a cherry tomato without squishing all the good stuff out that would be awesome!  Or maybe I need sharper knives?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4KO0HA?psc=1

Maintain your knives, it makes a world of a difference.

And if you hold up the knife and it doesn't have a straight clean edge, they need some TLC.

Edit: Wrong item.
  • Loading the player...

• https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4KO0HA?psc=1

And if you hold up the knife and it doesn't have a straight clean edge, they need some TLC.

Youza!  It would be cheaper for me to replace all my knives.  Maybe that's my problem- not great knives to start with!?
  • Can you load it up with a bunch of grapes or does it do one at a time?  I feel like I can cut grapes in my hand with a paring knife faster than loading them one at a time.
  • abby8279 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4KO0HA?psc=1

Youza!  It would be cheaper for me to replace all my knives.  Maybe that's my problem- not great knives to start with!?
    No they still need to be maintained.

There are probably cheaper models for this, but I used this one on all my knives and I went from hating them, to loving them again.

I actually have a full set a J.A. Henckel's knives.  I love them.  But they, like any knife needs regular sharpening.  

I just like this because it's quick and easy.
  • Just one at a time. I definitely couldn't do it faster by hand, not quartering them anyway. But I don't slicing skills. :(

• Ceramic knives are the best. For real, try them out
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• rugbymama said:
    Ceramic knives are the best. For real, try them out
    I'm always afraid of dropping them.
  • Also, this. It totally works.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Am I the only terrible mother that gives her kid whole grapes?
  • sarenu1 said:
    For those on a budget:

Please sharpen your knives, you'll be less likely to cut yourself.
    So true, back when we were poor college students, J and I bought some cheap Ikea knives, and never sharpened them, I almost sawed (is this not a word?) my poor pinkie right off cutting a bagel. Now J cuts all bagels and sharpens the knives regularly :) 

• Am I the only terrible mother that gives her kid whole grapes?

You are not alone
  • Now I feel the need to go sharpen my knives. DH has bought me at least five different sharpeners convinced that if he finds the right one I'll keep the knives sharp and won't cut myself as often. I had to go to the er 3 times in one year for stitches due to dull knives. I'm amazed he even lets me use a knife any longer.
  • @rugbymama That's the method I use.  Tip:  Use a sharp knive, and make sure your knife is long enough to easily reach all the way through.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • stringy813 said:
    i can't participate in boobie gif games at work! plus I was just going to leave work. so I'm sure I'll be explaining my laughter about boobie gifs to BM later. she doesnt know what a gif is.
    Maybe don't explain it with this week's gif conversation.  Last week's was more SO friendly.  Plus we had our gif-off, and that was pretty awesome.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • @stoneycakes - why dont you ever post the preggie pact anymore? you are neglecting your bump duties.
    Sorry.  I always forget.  Feel free to post it if you want.  Also I have no idea what day it is this week because of Columbus Day.
  • though i am curious about Meeshs NTNP escapade the other week...

LLOL. I should try PingOAS soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• guys. its the great pumpkin charlie brown is on!

No tv :(. I as watching Halloween Wars on xfinity go earlier

• Mandmeesh said:

though i am curious about Meeshs NTNP escapade the other week...

LLOL. I should try PingOAS soon.

um yea?! do you know if its a possibility?

It's ALWAYS a possibility. But seriously, I thought I'd have gotten my period by now-but I'm horrible at keeping track of it

• I think I'll wait another week for testing. I've only had two pp periods so far. And prebaby they were extremely unpredictable

• fine, just string us all along here

Haha

• @Obladee‌ I don't mean to be nosy, but how did your wedding turn out? I remember you were hitting some roadblocks in planning and then I lost track of what was going on.

• DH just walked up behind me and said, "We so need one of those swings in the bedroom."

He totally meant the baby swing. I might be kinda disappointed.

LLOL. I was thinking about doing a poll about sex swings at some point last night. Don't even ask, I don't sleep much.

**stringy wonders if this is even what Jane is referring to**

Should I try to preserve my reputation and convince you I thought he meant a porch swing? :p

• DH just walked up behind me and said, "We so need one of those swings in the bedroom." He totally meant the baby swing. I might be kinda disappointed.
    LLOL. I was thinking about doing a poll about sex swings at some point last night. Don't even ask, I don't sleep much.

**stringy wonders if this is even what Jane is referring to**
    Should I try to preserve my reputation and convince you I thought he meant a porch swing? :p
    I have to admit, if it was say...Meesh who said this - I wouldn't have second guessed myself. Learning new things every day here :)
    Where the hell is she?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited October 2014
    @stringy813‌ actually the sleep sheep worked really well for us. For a long time the ocean waves sound was a huge part of getting DS to sleep. Right now we are working on getting him to fall asleep on his own, and sometimes when I leave the room he turns it on. I think he's going through a process of figuring out what he needs in order for the room to be inductive to sleep, so for now I'm letting him experiment.
  • Speaking of the dreaded sleep. My interwebbing has landed me on a local sleep consultant page this morning.

Worth it? (dont know how much at this point)
    If you had come to mommycon you could have gotten a sleep consultation for free.  Just sayin.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Speaking of Mommycon, it's coming to Atlanta. Who wants to go with me if I go? And speaking of Atlanta, I just started watching Walking. Why do they call the zombies "geeks?"

• freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited October 2014

@stringy813‌ actually the sleep sheep worked really well for us. For a long time the ocean waves sound was a huge part of getting DS to sleep. Right now we are working on getting him to fall asleep on his own, and sometimes when I leave the room he turns it on. I think he's going through a process of figuring out what he needs in order for the room to be inductive to sleep, so for now I'm letting him experiment.

i'm glad it works for you - i really am. It just does not for her.  And she can/does put herself to sleep at night in her crib. She just wakes up screaming 5 more times before morning. I'll stop cuz you've all heard it.

I can see why it would be annoying for you ... Here's hoping the night wakings get fewer. We still deal with those too -- but you have my sympathy, 5 times is a lot!
  • JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited October 2014
    While I wouldn't say this article even comes close to capturing "everything you need to know about alternamilks," I like the chart for a visual comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"