Cloth Diapering

Randomonium LIVES!!

Re: Randomonium LIVES!!

• Mapleme said:

TJ1979 said:

Dear P,
    My chin does not contain milk. You can stop trying to latch onto it.
    Thanks,
    Mom

When I pick up M for a late night feeding it's not unusual for her to try to latch on to my neck. My baby is trying to give me hickies
    Raegan DID give me a hickey once.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited October 2014
    Edited: posted a YouTube clip that was banned for copyright. Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

edited October 2014
  • Mobile sucks

• MK does it make you feel better though to know that it's a thing, and not just that you don't like it?  I feel like when I gave in and accepted that I had PPA and that it is a condition, I was able to handle it better than when I just thought I was crazy and sucked at being a mom.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • MK does it make you feel better though to know that it's a thing, and not just that you don't like it?  I feel like when I gave in and accepted that I had PPA and that it is a condition, I was able to handle it better than when I just thought I was crazy and sucked at being a mom.
    Unfortunately, no. I was the same with my PPA and was able to come to terms with it and deal a bit better. I'm still dealing now actually, but I'm helping myself more than the counselor I tried helped. Knowing it's a thing took a huge load off bc I seriously thought I was going nuts. With this tho I'm glad there's a reason, but I feel like bc I'm weaning it means I'm giving up. Even tho there's more, like my menstrual cycles getting shorter and shorter, and his latch sucking (which I would pursue treatment for if he was younger or if I was determined to nurse longer- since he's one tho and Bc of the period issues I thought it was a good stopping point) I do feel bad bc nursing was always my thing. I loved it and wanted to do it forever. But with J I'm just like omfg get off of me. And he makes his little nursing sign and I melt. But still don't want him on me lol. Thinking about it literally makes my skin crawl. And thanks @CLLDLL‌ :)
    If it makes you feel better, I had the same issue with my daughter.  Except it started really early on (like 6 months).  

Thanks for bringing this up, at the time I thought it was just me.  I still feel kind of horrible about it, because I would cut our nursing short sometimes do to my agitation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if I started having issues with C.  He now as 2 bottom teeth and I'm in the same situation as you.  His latch is horrible, and I don't feel like I should try to correct it if we are going to be weaning soon.
  • Another random:

I dropped the kids off this morning and I had to laugh.  I set C down at the infant table to have breakfast.  As soon as I got his coat off he started stealing food from his neighbor.

And last night I got him to eat cheese and apricots (along with some cheerios).  I'm so happy that hes started to try a few different foods for once.
  • sarenu1sarenu1 member
    edited October 2014
    So I got to thinking today, how different are my kids. imageimage
  • Mapleme said:
    Not worth a whole thread question: I ordered an NHL custom cover for M to wear to an upcoming hockey game. It just arrived and looks great, but it's a pocket, not a cover. We use both (pockets for daycare), but we always choose covers for "special" diapers so that she can wear them longer. Should I complain? And if so, what would I want the outcome to be? A new diaper probably wouldn't arrive in time and the price was reasonable.
    I'd take a look at the invoice and any email confirmations that you received, then send an email.

Explain the situation and that you needed the cover by a certain date.  

That's what I would do.  Otherwise I'd be a little bugged that I didn't get what I ordered.
  • Some WAHMs put fleece on the inside of their 'covers.' Did it specifically say it was a wipeable cover?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Some WAHMs put fleece on the inside of their 'covers.' Did it specifically say it was a wipeable cover?
    This too.  

I'd probably phrase it as a question regarding the product, than a complaint.
  • I love that it's hockey season again! DH and I didn't get season tickets to our local university this year and I'm really sad. Z went to his first game when he was like 2 weeks old. We are probably crazy but I'm determined my kid will love hockey!
    This is us.  We took all 3 girls to a college hockey game last year when DD#3 was only 3 weeks old.  So that would have made DD#2 16 mo. old.  We were in a suite so it made it a little easier though.
  • Guys, it's like a ladybug invasion at my house.  OMG.
  • TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I hate it when I actually have to work. I miss you guys
    Yeah!  I hate it when I actually have to work too.  Although it makes the day go by more quickly.  I hate it more when people are all busy in the evening and I obsessively check my phone, and it's like crickets.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I won't let L use me as a paci, and apparently he thinks he is going to die and willing to prove it by screaming himself to death. Where's my MOTY trophy?

• Sorry Jane, I have the trophy at the moment.  Shall I send it to you?  D is out of town this week and next, you're probably just going to have to send it right back.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Crickets.
    Yup.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Am I the only one who kind of freaks out that her kid might be weird bc of how he is being raised? I took N to the indoor playground for a play date with a friend's little boy. There were kids way younger than N running and climbing with abandon. If someone got in the way, they'd push through or assert themselves somehow. N walked around kind of intimidated by everything. He wouldn't even attempt to go in the bounce houses, and I had to climb into a pirate ship twice to rescue him from the top bc he didn't know how to jump down off the ledge he'd climbed up. He also let other kids kind of run over him. I'm glad he didn't get mad or hurt, but I am worried now that I'm raising him to be a scaredy cat or a wimp. I know part of it may be his personality, but I also feel guilty that I have t given him more opportunities to get comfortable with running around freely.

• @Unaveragejane, this summer I brought DS to a playground and there was seriously a probably 18 month old climbing everything and running around with his older brother and his father was not even in sight half the time.  Meanwhile, I was walking alongside DS the entire time.  I was like "Am I a helicopter parent or is this dad totally irresponsible?"
  • Exactly, @stoneycakes‌!

Also, random vent, I nursed L for 30 minutes and let him do a lot if comfort sucking even though it hurts like he'll. As soon as we stopped, he started screaming again. Days like this really screw me up.

Mapleme said:
    Another random question: M took a 3 hour nap at daycare today an as a result only got two bottles instead of 3. Should I feed the extra to her? Because it was a thawed bottle, I'll have to dump it otherwise (she's not going to daycare tomorrow). I just don't want to mess with my supply. Hungerwise she seems pretty normal for a daycare day.

I'd nurse first then offer it after? I never bottle fed, so take that with a grain of salt, but that's what I'd do.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • @mapleme Thats a tough one. I usally just nursed as much as G wanted. I figured keeping my supply up was more important than losing one bottle of pumpped milk. Although dumping out that bottle was crazy hard.

FTR I struggled with pumping enough fro G from 6 months ish to a year. So supply was always more important to me.

image imageimageimage

• Aaargh! So after we lost our whales Totsbots a few weeks ago, look at what my washer did to it! I've been using this washer for 2 years without incident, and now this. Is it just not meant to be?!!

• Am I the only one who kind of freaks out that her kid might be weird bc of how he is being raised? I took N to the indoor playground for a play date with a friend's little boy. There were kids way younger than N running and climbing with abandon. If someone got in the way, they'd push through or assert themselves somehow. N walked around kind of intimidated by everything. He wouldn't even attempt to go in the bounce houses, and I had to climb into a pirate ship twice to rescue him from the top bc he didn't know how to jump down off the ledge he'd climbed up. He also let other kids kind of run over him. I'm glad he didn't get mad or hurt, but I am worried now that I'm raising him to be a scaredy cat or a wimp. I know part of it may be his personality, but I also feel guilty that I have t given him more opportunities to get comfortable with running around freely.

Jane, M is just like that too. I've had to rescue him from a tunnel at the playground because he just sat there and let two kids climb over him and kick his face. I don't worry. I think they're just nice, sensitive boys

edited October 2014
    Double post

• It's 10:35. My child has woken up twice already...since 8:45. Fml

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board